Lancome Hypnose Drama

3.3

Aqua/Water/Eau, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire Dabeille, Cera Carnauba/Carnauba Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Acacia Senegal/Acacia Senegal Gum, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Steareth-20, Simethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Phenethyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Phenoxyethanol . May Contain/Peut Contenir : CI 77266/Black 2, CI 77499/Iron Oxides.

on 12/17/2014 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Honestly, it is way over priced compared to L'Oreal mascaras. If you tried a bunch of Voluminous and Butterfly mascaras from L'Oreal, this is nothing to write home about. I gave it 4 out of 5 because I was in a good mood today. I have seen this on other people and their lashes look fantastic. I think these people use this mascara with a lash curler. On me, it is average looking. My lashes are long but very fine. Just watch out for removing this mascara. It is really hard to remove. Use the strongest waterproof eye mu remover that you can get your hands on. One thing for sure, this is a great mascara for people with sensitive eyes.

on 12/12/2014 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I got a sampler of this in a Sephora gift, and I loved the brush and felt that it coated all my lashes very generously.

I compared this with my current HG mascara, a 6-month-old Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill, one on each eye, and curling and priming with Shiseido mascara base beforehand. Perhaps this is an unfair test, given that my ETK is past expiration, but I really liked how the Lancome Hypnose Drama performed. Armani ETK held up really well, giving slightly more volume, but it also clumped more whereas Lancome Hypnose looked fresher and simply beautiful, not weighing my lashes down as much. Since my ETK tube is overdue for a replacement, and this retails at Nordstrom for $22 now (they're doing a price match for the holiday season), I decided to purchase a full-size tube and try it out. I'd be really happy if this can replace my $32 Eyes to Kill mascara.

on 12/10/2014 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is my Go to for those special events when I want to look my best! ! I

-It makes my lashes very Black, Long and Voluminous
-No clumps at all; I apply several coats.
-It feels moist going on
-Holds Curl, a must for me
-Can be touched up w/o issues
-No flaking
-Stays looking Black even after drying
-No smearing after a night out
-No irritation or tears when I remove at night :)

I have been using Lancolm's Hypnose line for many years on and off because it is pricey for every day, but this time I got it free!!! Sooo happy :)

Luckily it was in included in Sephora's Lash Stash -5 mascaras for $25 and a voucher for 1 free full size of your choice: This Beat out:
1. Too-faced: Better Than Sex (3rd PL
2. Tarte: Lights Camera Lashes (4th PL)
3. BE Minerals: Buxom (Farr 2nd PL)
4. Blink Water Proof (Worst)

on 12/8/2014 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this mascara after I tried it at my friends and it's honestly one of my favourites! I use it every day and it gives me a very bold lash line, however it will occasionally give my an uneven lash line (each lash is a different length) it is quite easy to apply. I have not tried every mascara out there but I have tried a large amount and this and the Dior mascara are by far my go-to ones.

on 12/7/2014 11:55:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I received this mascara as part of a gwp. It's thick and clumpy. It doesn't provide much length or volume.

on 12/6/2014 5:13:00 PM

My go to mascara! Doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes (I wear contacts) and has a bold black colour that makes your eyes pop! You don't even need an eyelash curler!

on 11/26/2014 4:55:00 PM

I like it but I don't love it. This mascara provides a nice effect but it makes my lashes a little spidery and stuck-together. Nice volume and color though. It's black but not super-black. No smudging or flaking (but I always use lash primer). Nothing amazing, but it's a decent mascara overall.
I wouldn't buy this again because there are other mascaras out there that I like a lot more than this one. Jordana Best Lash, LM Full Blown Volume, Essence Maximum Definition, Benefit BADgal, Clinique Lash Doubling, Guerlain Maxi Lash, UD Perversion- I like a mascara that gives a lot of volume but I also like a nice, clean look as well.
This isn't so horrible that I won't finish it up but I won't be repurchasing this one.

on 11/26/2014 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I received this mascara as a sample from Sephora and usually I don't bother with high end mascaras. I love my holy grail drug store mascara L'oreal Voluminous, but I ran out of mascara the other day and I reached for the Lancôme mascara. I really like it, I'm contemplating on purchasing the full size, but haven't quite made up my mind. I have very long lashes and I found that this product really thickens and darkens them up, making them look fuller, almost fake looking, which I am a fan of. So if you have the money to spend and you want dark, long full lashes I would recommend this mascara

on 11/25/2014 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Got this as a Sephora freebie, but it's really meh. Definitely not worth the price, there are much better high end mascaras out there. There are better drugstore mascaras for that matter. First off, the color sucks. I have it in excessive black, and it's not really that black at ALL. It's actually a weird dark gray shade, which is supremely unflattering on me. The formula is weird too. It's not clumpy in the traditional sense where your lashes are just literally clumped together. It does separate pretty well and does get every lash but it sort of looks...grainy? It's like you have well defined lashes, but they still look spidery if that makes sense. It dries really hard too and makes your lashes feel stiff and dry, and pulls all the curl out (my lashes naturally have a good amount of curl, and I always curl them for even more, so this is rarely ever a problem for me). It's certainly not a very dramatic looking mascara either. You need at least 2 coats for any decent effect, and by then it gets really hard and spidery. The only good thing I can say about it is that the lasting power is decent, and no smudging. That's about it. And I don't have very oily lids so again, not a huge feat.

on 11/17/2014 1:12:00 AM

My HG mascara. It costs about $32
CDN. It separates, thickens and lengthens my lashes. One coat is enough, but for extra dramatic lashes I'll add another coat. The brush is big and awkward and takes some getting used to, but once you're comfortable, I find it reaches all lashes easily (even bottom ones). Not waterproof but does not flake easily. Lasts all day on its own without a lash primer. Great mascara!