January 30, 2015 | 2093 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Drama

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2014 5:38:00 PM More reviews by maiitaii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Got this as a Sephora freebie, but it's really meh. Definitely not worth the price, there are much better high end mascaras out there. There are better drugstore mascaras for that matter. First off, the color sucks. I have it in excessive black, and it's not really that black at ALL. It's actually a weird dark gray shade, which is supremely unflattering on me. The formula is weird too. It's not clumpy in the traditional sense where your lashes are just literally clumped together. It does separate pretty well and does get every lash but it sort of looks...grainy? It's like you have well defined lashes, but they still look spidery if that makes sense. It dries really hard too and makes your lashes feel stiff and dry, and pulls all the curl out (my lashes naturally have a good amount of curl, and I always curl them for even more, so this is rarely ever a problem for me). It's certainly not a very dramatic looking mascara either. You need at least 2 coats for any decent effect, and by then it gets really hard and spidery. The only good thing I can say about it is that the lasting power is decent, and no smudging. That's about it. And I don't have very oily lids so again, not a huge feat.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2014 1:12:00 AM More reviews by Racalber

My HG mascara. It costs about $32
CDN. It separates, thickens and lengthens my lashes. One coat is enough, but for extra dramatic lashes I'll add another coat. The brush is big and awkward and takes some getting used to, but once you're comfortable, I find it reaches all lashes easily (even bottom ones). Not waterproof but does not flake easily. Lasts all day on its own without a lash primer. Great mascara!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2014 8:13:00 AM More reviews by cjmathis0821

Honestly I hated this mascara at first. It smudged so bad and I didn't feel like it gave me drama to my lashes. That being said I went back and purchased the primer that goes with this and then tried it again with the primer and I loved it. The primer helped so much and I ended up repurchasing both

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2014 2:31:00 AM More reviews by Kiruby82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a few mascaras but I decided that I wanted an awesome high end one that would perform incredibly and meet all my expectations.
I have naturally curly-ish eyelashes, dark-medium brown coloured, not so sparse but not thick and full either. I usually don't need to use an eyelash curler, the mascaras do the job. I tend to look for mascaras that offer more volume. Most mascaras will achieve a nice look on my eyelashes, they are quite cooperative hehe. Anyway, as much as I wanted to love this mascara, I had to return it. The formula is very black, which is nice. I didn't notice it to smudge easily which is another plus. But the product was a bit too liquidy and wet and the brush was not doing ANYTHING for my length, and not much for my volume either. Actually, it was a CLUMP mess and would make my eyelashes look VERY spidery, even with only 1 coat.
I tried using it again, wiping off the excess but the same happened. My eyelashes looked short, spiky, spidery, crunchy and not very volumized, but very black, yes. And a second coat was out of question. Someone told me to wait 1-2 weeks for the formula to thicken up. Really? For the price, that's unacceptable. I returned it and instead I got Diorshow which I am enjoying!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2014 10:36:00 AM More reviews by artfag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

This is definitely among the best mascaras I have used.

It gives you full, black lashes and even lifts them. I wear it with Estee Lauder mascara primer to get extra body, but it's good on its own as well.

You have to use a light hand and apply it in a zig-zag motion, otherwise it will be clumpy, as other users have said.

BUT as long as you use a light hand and work quickly, you will get beautiful, volumised, separated lashes. THe color is also proper black, not greyish like other mascaras can be. Like I said it gives a lift to your lashes, and if you curl them before putting this on it will also hold the curl throughout the day.

It crumbles if you wear greasy skincare or if you rub your eyes, but otherwise it wears just fine. It comes off in a swish if you splash your face with water first and then remove it with a moistened cotton disc and eye makeup remover.

The only negative thing I have to say about this is that it is scented, which I suppose could create problems for people with sensitive eyes (I'm fine, though).

All in all I really recommend it!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2014 3:26:00 AM More reviews by teamaragorn

I really loved this at first but it dried out after only a month! I didn't give it a terrible review because maybe sephora just sold me an old one.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Dany37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love it...but I may be biased because I am a lover of ALL Lancome mascaras.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2014 3:17:00 PM More reviews by penelopet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this under the younique extensions and it is my favorite mascara I have found. It's not perfect, but the best so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2014 11:36:00 AM More reviews by thepulptoyourfiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have the sample sized version of this and I love it!!
I am surprised that it's not getting higher-rated reviews.
The most prominent result is the volume it gives your lashes.
Very dark and longlasting. Pair this with MAC's Lash Primer and you're good to go for the entire day.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2014 5:11:00 AM More reviews by nmthorto

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I honestly don't see how someone can give this mascara one or two stars, I absolutely love this mascara! It makes my eyelashes look sooo long and full (that's the reason for the "weird" shape it has, as said in other reviews. Lol)

Cons
It is true that it will flake up and fall in your eyes, only if you've had it for awhile. Also, you can't dunk the brush back and forth really fast and then try to apply it like I see a lot of girls do. Too much air will get into it and it can clump up very, very easily. Lastly the price is awfully high, and I completely understand why some people can't afford to spend nearly thirty dollars on a tube of mascara.

Even with all of the previsions and the price, this is my all time favorite mascara. I have other mascaras that I like, but this makes my eyelashes look so thick and dramatic, and it lasts all day. The only reason why I gave it a 4 instead of 5 was because of the price, but I love it so much that I buy a tube whenever I have extra cash, because it just makes my eyes look so pretty.