Wet 'n' Wild Natural Wear Lip Shimmer

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Beeswax, Macadamia Integrafolia Seed Oil, Phytosteryl Macadamiate, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Theobroma Cacao (Cacao) Seed Butter, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Tocopherol, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Extract, Sorbic Acid, Origanum Vulgare Leaf Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Leaf Extract, Hydrastis Canadensis (Goldenseal) Root Extract, Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract, Linum Usistatssimum (Linseed) Seed Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

As I've been switching my products to natural ones, I've found there are many so-called "natural" things out there that still contain some of the worst chemicals (*cough* Burt's Bees Radiance Nite Creme). Then, the things that truly are "clean" are pricey as heck. So imagine my joy when I found these lip balms/tints!! Great quality, amazing price and no bad ingredients. Wow!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have tried the colors berry and cinnamon and they are both gorgeous. They are pigmented, moisturizing, long wearing, and not sticky at all. They also have a slightly minty scent which I like.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I am pleasantly surprised with these lip shimmers! I have four of them (Spice, Berry, Tart and Frost) and have reviewed some of them individually, but wanted to write a collective review because I think they are a good bargain for what they are. Other than the color Frost (very pale shimmery pink, similar to Burt's Bees Champagne lip shimmer) they are quite pigmented and they all have good lasting power. They don't contain petroleum or parabens which I try to avoid whenever possible. And, they are dirt cheap (1.99 where I live and they frequently go on sale). My favorite color is Berry, a MLBB shimmery medium pink. But I actually like all the ones I've tried. I would recommend this product for anyone who likes tinted lip balms. I have more expensive ones but I find myself reaching for these quite often.

I bought this product knowing it's more of lipstick than a tinted lip balm. Plus, I had a coupon so it was only $1. Well anyway, I was still surprised about the intense cover this "lip balm" has! I got the 105 Spice and it was pinkish-red. It is definitely not an everyday look for me since it was intense, but maybe a dramatic evening look.
One swipe of this on my lips and it's there. You really notice the change of color on my lips. Compared to other colors, this particular one isn't as shimmery, but you can notice a light shine.
I would love to try more colors

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

It's an okay product. I have it in the shade "Sugar" (No. 102). It can melt, so I try to be careful not to put it in a place that's too hot. But it goes on smoothly and leaves lips a frosty, baby pink color. It also has a bit of a minty scent to it, which is refreshing and cooling on the lips... plus could freshen your breath a little. However, I would not buy this product again. I don't use it too often and I've used many other lip balms I liked better than this.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I got a frosty light pink. it looked pretty, but the color i got would look better on darker skin. i also got pinky red, and i loved it. PLZ get it. it's so pretty!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Natural Blend Maple Lip Shimmer by Wet n Wild is another color that is absolutely beautiful on us, Black women. It is more pigmented and prettier than Burt's Nutmeg Lip Shimmer!

As the makeup lover that I am,I never hesitate to try a new brand of makeup.So, when I encounter this Wet N Wild product in the isles of Walgreens,I said "Why not?". It's very much inexpensive.So I did not have much to loose.
I got it in two shades, Berry and Frost .The Berry shade is rich in it's color.It's great for one of those days when you want to let your skin breathe and wear only a bit of mascara and a tad bit of color on your lips ,to look alive.The Frost shade is WAY too shimmery.I expected a baby soft pink shade with some shimmer.But it's more shimmer than color.After applying a light coat of the Frost lip shimmer,it gave my lips a white shimmery mess/snow globe effect.
The name says it all.This is NOT a lip balm.All you are getting here is the shimmery affect of a lip gloss in a lip balm sort of packaging.It's not ideal for those of us who have dry lips and need that extra moisturizing effect in our lip products.if you have chapped or dry lips, you must exfoliate them before applying the shimmer.Otherwise you are going to get a rough looking lips with some color on it.And honestly girls, who wants that?
This Shimmer is not long lasting.The color lasts as much as 10 to 15 minutes,if that, on the lips.And I don't know about you,but I don't want to go on a date or an outing and have to apply and re-apply shimmer over and over again.But it does have a nice minty smell to it making your lips somewhat kissable.
One great thing about this product is that it's certified by The Natural Products Association.This means that you are not applying unknown chemicals onto your lips and harming the environment along with it.It's made with all natural ingredients.Which can give a customer like me a feel good conscience, knowing that this product is not only safe for my lips but that is also earth friendly.
Overall, you are getting what you paid for.It is a $2 product after all.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Colors: I got #105 Spice and #108 Cinnamon. Spice was a disappointment: way too cool and pink for me, so I gave that one away immediately. Cinnamon was suprisingly pigmented and it works OK as a raspberry-red stain for lips (applied very lightly with a lip brush) or cheeks. It's a bit cooler than I'd like but it's OK. I actually think this would work better if it was LESS pigmented. Unfortunately it tends to settle into lines in my lips so I can only wear it with something else. I wish they provided testers, I felt in both cases the color on the packaging did not match what was inside.

I'm not crazy about the mint, it tends to irritate my lips. The packaging is a bit annoying, since you can twist the product UP but not DOWN. In order to press the product down you have to use your finger on top, which is messy and unsanitary.

Overall, not very impressed. Research the colors online before you buy (I didn't)! Possibly a good value for your money if you can find a color that works on you.

I've been buying a lot of lip colors lately, in the hopes of finding one that is a good color for me, not drying, and doesn't contain petroleum and parabens (and really anything else that might kill me...the skindeep database is now my friend and my greatest enemy). There aren't a lot of inexpensive/drugstore-available options, so when I heard about these, I hunted them down. They're not even $2 at my grocery store. That alone should make them worth a try.

I picked up 105 Maple and 108 Cinnamon. Cinnamon is a ridiculous color on me, a weird deep pinky-red with too much blue to it for my taste. It made me think of the 80's a bit. I might see how I feel about it again in the fall, but for spring it is completely unsuitable. The plus? It is really pigmented, so if the color turns out to be what you are looking for, pick it up.

Maple, on the other hand, is lovely. It's a warm-toned berry with a bit of sparkle, almost a little bronze. It kind of reminds me of CG Bronze Goddess Lipslick, but a little more pigmented. I feel like a lot of the shades of this product are cool-toned and not so great for warmer-toned skin, but this one is spot-on. I got compliments from my friends the first time I wore it, and they pretty much never notice my make-up.

I haven't worn it enough to comment on how my lips react to it. It does have peppermint oil in it, so if you know you react to that, use with caution. The day after my first wear, I thought my lips had a weird dry, red patch on them, but it went away by the next day. It might just be me being paranoid because I have heard of someone having crazy lip problems after using these, but I probably still won't make this an everyday product. I prefer the feel of Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balms for everyday, but these are good for when I want more pigment.

Recommended for Medium Skin