July 31, 2014 | 2036 users online

Lip Gloss - Wet 'n' Wild - Natural Wear Lip Shimmer

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2012 6:06:00 PM More reviews by LoveInTheRain

As the makeup lover that I am,I never hesitate to try a new brand of makeup.So, when I encounter this Wet N Wild product in the isles of Walgreens,I said "Why not?". It's very much inexpensive.So I did not have much to loose.
I got it in two shades, Berry and Frost .The Berry shade is rich in it's color.It's great for one of those days when you want to let your skin breathe and wear only a bit of mascara and a tad bit of color on your lips ,to look alive.The Frost shade is WAY too shimmery.I expected a baby soft pink shade with some shimmer.But it's more shimmer than color.After applying a light coat of the Frost lip shimmer,it gave my lips a white shimmery mess/snow globe effect.
The name says it all.This is NOT a lip balm.All you are getting here is the shimmery affect of a lip gloss in a lip balm sort of packaging.It's not ideal for those of us who have dry lips and need that extra moisturizing effect in our lip products.if you have chapped or dry lips, you must exfoliate them before applying the shimmer.Otherwise you are going to get a rough looking lips with some color on it.And honestly girls, who wants that?
This Shimmer is not long lasting.The color lasts as much as 10 to 15 minutes,if that, on the lips.And I don't know about you,but I don't want to go on a date or an outing and have to apply and re-apply shimmer over and over again.But it does have a nice minty smell to it making your lips somewhat kissable.
One great thing about this product is that it's certified by The Natural Products Association.This means that you are not applying unknown chemicals onto your lips and harming the environment along with it.It's made with all natural ingredients.Which can give a customer like me a feel good conscience, knowing that this product is not only safe for my lips but that is also earth friendly.
Overall, you are getting what you paid for.It is a $2 product after all.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2012 1:38:00 PM More reviews by PrettyL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Colors: I got #105 Spice and #108 Cinnamon. Spice was a disappointment: way too cool and pink for me, so I gave that one away immediately. Cinnamon was suprisingly pigmented and it works OK as a raspberry-red stain for lips (applied very lightly with a lip brush) or cheeks. It's a bit cooler than I'd like but it's OK. I actually think this would work better if it was LESS pigmented. Unfortunately it tends to settle into lines in my lips so I can only wear it with something else. I wish they provided testers, I felt in both cases the color on the packaging did not match what was inside.

I'm not crazy about the mint, it tends to irritate my lips. The packaging is a bit annoying, since you can twist the product UP but not DOWN. In order to press the product down you have to use your finger on top, which is messy and unsanitary.

Overall, not very impressed. Research the colors online before you buy (I didn't)! Possibly a good value for your money if you can find a color that works on you.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2012 11:37:00 AM More reviews by toastedlembas

I've been buying a lot of lip colors lately, in the hopes of finding one that is a good color for me, not drying, and doesn't contain petroleum and parabens (and really anything else that might kill me...the skindeep database is now my friend and my greatest enemy). There aren't a lot of inexpensive/drugstore-available options, so when I heard about these, I hunted them down. They're not even $2 at my grocery store. That alone should make them worth a try.

I picked up 105 Maple and 108 Cinnamon. Cinnamon is a ridiculous color on me, a weird deep pinky-red with too much blue to it for my taste. It made me think of the 80's a bit. I might see how I feel about it again in the fall, but for spring it is completely unsuitable. The plus? It is really pigmented, so if the color turns out to be what you are looking for, pick it up.

Maple, on the other hand, is lovely. It's a warm-toned berry with a bit of sparkle, almost a little bronze. It kind of reminds me of CG Bronze Goddess Lipslick, but a little more pigmented. I feel like a lot of the shades of this product are cool-toned and not so great for warmer-toned skin, but this one is spot-on. I got compliments from my friends the first time I wore it, and they pretty much never notice my make-up.

I haven't worn it enough to comment on how my lips react to it. It does have peppermint oil in it, so if you know you react to that, use with caution. The day after my first wear, I thought my lips had a weird dry, red patch on them, but it went away by the next day. It might just be me being paranoid because I have heard of someone having crazy lip problems after using these, but I probably still won't make this an everyday product. I prefer the feel of Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balms for everyday, but these are good for when I want more pigment.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by cjMadamFresa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i love love love these lip shimmers!! i especially like to use them over mac prep + prime lip blalm, and over a lipstain. its great!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2012 4:15:00 PM More reviews by alyssa79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

absolutely in love! These seem to be the only thing that's helping my extremely dry lips. I bought Sugar, Berry and Spice and cannot get enough of Spice. It's such a beautiful watermelon pink that's smooth as can be and then leaves a gorgeous tint behind. Would 1000% repurchase and hope these don't get discontinued!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2012 10:37:00 PM More reviews by lmott100

I absolutely love this product! I purchased six of these in the color spice because I love the color so much. Spice isn't shimmery like the others and that's probably why I like it so much. It even tints the lips after it's been rubbed off giving it an even more natural look. It also looks amazing in pictures! I have a darker upper lip than my bottom lip and this lip shimmer evens them both out and leaves y lips looking flawless in this coral/reddish/mauve shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2011 1:52:00 PM More reviews by purplesoul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought two of these on a whim because they were on sale at Rite Aid, and I love them! The colors I have are 100 (a shimmery, silvery sparkle pink) and 101 (a cool red with a slight silvery sheen). Both colors are very sheer, and provide a natural, effortlessly sexy look. The tubes are slender enough that they can easily go in a pocket or small handbag, so they're perfect for an on-the-go lipstick. Unlike the Burt's Bees lip shimmers, which I ultimately found to be so thick that they were dehydrating, my lips still felt smooth and moisturized after a few days of consistent use. The staying power is obviously not as intense as a lipstick, but you need to apply so little of it in order to get even coverage that I don't mind. At $1.99 a piece, they're a great value!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2011 12:14:00 AM More reviews by NCBrowneyyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was an impulse buy..I couldn't decide between this and Loreal Color Riche gloss (like I needed either of them...) I chose this one for $2.

I was really expecting a "tinted" balm like the package says. I was thinking Nivea Kiss of Flavor or Burts Bees tints. Something along that line. Well, this is full on lipstick. Very opaque. And, while I love the moisture it provides, I just wasn't looking for this much color. I'm very pale and if I don't keep something tinted on my lips during the day, inevitably people ask me if I'm sick :/ I don't have time to pit stop in the bathroom between classes (and I think it's SO tacky to put on lipstick/gloss/makeup in class) so I just want to be able to swipe a moisturizing balm that gives me a little color and not have to worry about whether it's smeared everywhere. Unfortunately, this isn't it.

As a sidenote, the packaging is too cute. It's a long, slender white tube and it looks very clean and neat. Love it.
I bought this in 106 (Spice) and 104 (berry). Obviously Spice is darker, but both are flattering colors on my fair skin. I will save these for more "dressy" makeup, and keep my non-complicated school routine with my Nivea KOF for now.

Bottom line: The name is deceiving. This should be called lipstick

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2011 9:51:00 PM More reviews by Heart433

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this lip gloss! I just bought the 108 (cinnamon) and 106 (Spice). They are gorgeous shades and they really pop against my pale skin, suddenly I also have color in my cheeks and my eyes stand out more. They go on smooth and creamy with a faint peppermint tingle. The shades are richly pigmented and totally opaque. The color stays vivid for hours and I don't feel the need to reapply more than once a day.

My favorite part is how it fixes my chewed up lips, I bite and chew my lips terribly. I swipe on this gloss and suddenly I have perfect lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2011 10:19:00 PM More reviews by SaraP1900

I have this in Frost (100) and Sugar (102). Both are very very pretty on my lips. They both leave a frosty tint which I find very beautiful!
The packaging is lovely and I find it very neat.
The shimmer is very nice and I find it to last on my lips for around 4 hours.