Neutrogena Oil-Free Redness Soothing Facial Wash gel

3.2

on 10/14/2012 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this product for about two weeks now. So far I've not had any break outs and really feel this product helped stop that. Whenever school started back in august I was having terrible breakouts! They stopped showing up on my forehead after a while but I still had some on my cheeks and sometimes on my neck. Luckily when I bought this product it helped control them. My skin gets very red and irritated but again I feel the chamomile and aloe are the obvious reasons why this is no longer a problem. This product is also great for oily skin because it doesn't over dry your skin but also doesn't make it feel like someone poured oil on you face. I will be repurchasing again.

on 9/2/2012 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Worst face wash I have ever used broke me out like crazy. It also containd menthol, which if i had read the ingredients better I would have known. Menthol tears my skin up every time.

Active Ingredients:
Salicylic Acid 2%

Inactive Ingredients:
Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Propylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Decyl Glucoside, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Aloe Barbadensis Flower Extract, Tetrahydroxypropyl Ethylenediamine, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Sodium Lactate, Menthyl Lactate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Benzotriazolyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, Betaine, Dehydroxanthan Gum, Benzalkonium Chloride, DMDM Hydantoin, Yellow 5, Blue 1,

on 8/12/2012 7:07:00 PM

I decided to give this wash a try when my long time favorite was out of stock and I saw that this one made the same claims. Now, four days after I stopped using it, I am regretting ever picking this product up.
When I used if for the second time i noticed my face felt gritty and raw. The next morning I when I woke my face (even around my eyes and down my neck) was swollen, red, dry, burning and felt like sandpaper. I was told by my doctor to use Cetaphil and take benedryl. It continued to get worse as I broke out in blisters on my neck and chin. Needless to say I DO NOT recommend this product!!

I have never had anything like this happen and do not have any known allergies.

on 6/17/2012 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I suffer from very oily skin with mild cystic acne. I can't say this product has made it completely gone but definitely has improved my skins appearance. I'm only 17 but i started suffering from acne since i was 13 and i have gone through so many products!! this was the only one that got rid of most of my acne. Honestly i have been buying this as my everyday cleanser for 3 years straight.

on 5/6/2012 1:20:00 PM

I'm 31 and have been using facial cleansers since I was a teen, and only TWO have ever wrecked my skin... this one (Neutrogena Oil-Free Redness Soothing Facial Wash Gel) and the Neutrogena Grapefruit scrub. And when I saw they wrecked my face, I mean my skin hurt every minutue of every day.... itching, burning, flaking skin, roughened my skin texture.

This is just ridiculous, especially since I do NOT have sensitive skin. But even if I did, NO product should contain ingredients this harsh. If you don't believe me, take the time to read Paula Begoun's numerous and well-informed (because she's a chemist) articles about skin care and her product reviews. Should have read her review of this before purchasing, but live and learn. If I had I would have seen this: "it contains the irritating menthol derivative menthyl lactate" ... As much money as Neutrogena makes I know they can afford to include quality ingredients in ALL of their cleaners. They have some great ones, but having a (second) horrible experience has made me think twice about continuing to use even their exceptional products.

on 3/5/2012 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

As I write this review, my face is red and itchy after using this product twice. I was looking for something to help with my rosacea, but this is definitely not it!

I used it last night to remove my makeup and woke up this morning shocked at how my face looked. I am splotchy red and itchy all over.

After researching the ingredients online (the first 2 listed after water) I found out one is a harsh cleanser and the other an irritant to those with sensitive skin.

I will be returning this item and will probably never buy another Neutrogena product again.

on 2/24/2012 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't have sensitive skin and this product is definitely not soothing for the skin. This product dries out my skin with just one use which makes my skin produce more sebum and I get awkward combination of oily and flaking skin. Th only thing that is good about this product is the green color gel in the clear packaging which is different than the regular one.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have moderate acne and oily skin. And I've been using this product for about a month, every morning and every night. At first this product made my skin red and itchy, and brought lots of tiny bumps to the surface, but I pushed through hoping my skin would get used to it. After about a week and a half I started seeing improvement in my skin. My pimples and temporary scars are healing much faster, and my skin is looking brighter. It did make redness a little better, but it's nothing too special.
However it does dry out your skin (but it's also Winter), and unfortunately is doesn't seem to be preventing any new break outs. I will probably have to add benzoyl peroxide to the mix to prevent new stuff from coming up.
I think this would be helpful to someone with light, superficial blemishes, and oily skin.

This is my go-to cleanser. I've been using twice a day for about three months now, and it has done wonders with controlling my breakouts & reducing the redness of my face. I love the smell, and it always leaves my skin feeling clean & fresh with out being dry. I've tried so many different products ranging from high end to drug store and I'm so happy that my favorite one costs me 7 bucks as opposed to 70. Awesome product!

on 1/2/2012 4:40:00 PM

this has a pretty strong scent and did not do much in terms of reducing redness/acne. It was not as drying as other acne cleasners are, but still drying. This alone wont do much for acne unless its really mild.