April 24, 2014 | 1513 users online

Bronzers - E.L.F. - Studio Cool Bronzer

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by evapop

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE all the ELF studio bronzers! Amazing value for great products with no orangy tones. The other bronzers (golden and warm) are shimmery and fun. This one - in cool - is my go to for contouring and highlighting as its matte and blendable. Plus, case is much higher end than its price would suggest. (Bought it online as E.L.F. always has coupons for under $3. Amazing deal!)

It can be used for a super natural daily look (all the colors swirled to contour and white to highlight along with mascara and gloss), as well as a more dramatic look (darker color to contour, along with a shimmer highlight, strong blush, strong eye, muted lip).

For reference, am an NW20, dark hair and eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2013 5:35:00 AM More reviews by spookibelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

When I swirl all the colours together (which is the easiest way to apply it), it's a bit dark for my skin, but makes a great contour colour. It's difficult to apply the colours separately. I'm not sure what the white shade is supposed to be for- it doesn't show up on me. Great product though, and I adore the sleek packaging.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2012 9:04:00 AM More reviews by ChloeYoung

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just hated it at the first sight when it arrived in my mailbox,after I had high expectations on it. the white shade reminds me of real chalks, and the word 'chalky' isn't enough to describe that texture anymore. as for the rest three colors, they are just colored chalk powders.... though cheap, still a waste of money.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2012 11:41:00 AM More reviews by chayaNY

This could be my dream bronzer because its red based which in my experience renders a more natural looking "tan.". Further its matte, pigmented so great value for the money, versatile too with the blush shade and the lightest shade too which can tone down others or be a matte highligter. My only problem with it is it goes on splotchy for me which I almost hate to admit because I have very dry skin and think that's part of the problem. I don't think its purely an issue with the product. I have tried it with various other products underneath to make it go on more smoothly. I plan on giving it another go now that I've found a primer I like because my search for a matte red based bronzer to replace one I loved that's been discontinued, would be over thereby saving me a lot of money! I will repost if my opinion changes. I will add that one brown shade is very dark and has the mostt red, the other has a more golden undertone to it yet still leans cool. The pink is very cool, a dark, dusty rose while the fair shade is a very sheer off white that to my eye leans yellow. The packaging is Nars via ELF, and quite nice and sturdy. This can work for eyes, blush, bronzer and contouring, another reason to try and make a go of it. If it works for you you've got a desert island product for sure!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2012 11:18:00 AM More reviews by nadineeileen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really love this for everyday and it is not orange at all. I've used this for about a year now and I get a lot of compliments when I wear it. But unfortunately this made me break out so I can't use it anymore. That's why I'm not gonna buy it again. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2012 1:51:00 AM More reviews by smtiquia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect bronzer for contouring as it is matte!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2012 1:59:00 PM More reviews by FauxChic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great universal product, for such an affordable price it includes two bronzers, a highlighter and a mid tone natural pink blush - all of which are matte. On my NC45 skintone it works out as a great product. It is a bit chalky but I can't complain - it's so affordable! I've been using it everyday since purchasing and I love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Matillyrose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best bronzer that I have ever tried and I have tried a few.

I have very fair skin and have never been able to find a bronzer that gives me enough definition without coming off too dark.

I give it a swirl and apply, blends well, is buildable and perfect every time.

I love that I can use the separate quads for highlighting, bronzing and blush, I love that this palette is MATTE and I love that it suits me :o)

The packaging is fantastic, ELF have done a really good job with their Studio range, I can't fault the packaging at all.

For me ELF is hit and miss but this is definitely a HIT!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by jujilover87

I really like this. as a cool toned gal, it can be tricky to get bronzy without looking muddy. this product acheives this for me! i simply swipe my brush and put this on my cheeks, upper forehead and chin. Love it. Best of all, it hasnt caused any breakouts...

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by cupcakeofmylife

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think it's a good bronzer for the price. i Bought them for 10AU$ but it's 3US$ in the states so it's worth picking up for a spare bronzer. It's not pigmented and you have to build the colour up (I'm NC30).
It's really nice that it's drugstore and it's matte but I think i'll buy another better bronzer like the Benefit Hoola.
Oh, and I like the packaging, with the really big mirror inside.