MAC Frost - Amber Lights

4.3

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Silica, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Red 40 Lake, Ultramarines, Yellow 5 Lake]

on 11/3/2013 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Amazingly pigmented. One swatch and my jaw hit the floor.... There's not much to say about this shadow because you just have to go to your MAC counter for yourself and see it. SO STUNNING. This blends extremely well and the color stays vibrant for a long time. It goes amazing with pretty much any color, so you can find a use for this in virtually any eye look you are going for. Great during the day sweeped over the lid with a medium brown in the corner, or add on 2-3 coats with a dark crease for a night out, or pair it with another vibrant color for a fun look. I reach for this more than Urban Decay's half baked because it's a more... mature version of gold than Half Baked is. (Both are gorgeous shades, but Amber Lights is more wearable in my opinion) PS: There's no fallout, a HUGE plus for me. 10/10

on 10/20/2013 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

A nice, golden frost very warm, quite orange colour. I find this gold to be quite dark and orange for a gold, and could see it being too orange for many people with fair skin. I'm an NC 30-35 and even I found this to be too orange sometimes. I have to be careful not to use too much of this shade, as it can be over powering. I liked the pigmentation and texture, applies nicely with little fallout for such a shimmery shade. I gladly finished this shade, but will probably not repurchase, at least not until I use up some of my other golds and decide that I really miss it. I much prefer browner shades of gold, like woodwinked. I think it would be absolutely amazing on darker skin (NC40 and up)

on 6/14/2013 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My favourite eyeshadow. I have green eyes and this makes my eyes look amazing. Would also look amazing on blue eyes. It has a beautiful copper/ gold colour to it and some shimmer. I don't get any fall out when I apply this. I would definitely buy this again and I will be buying it soon as my pan is almost finished.

on 5/14/2013 11:58:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is a beautiful copper penny shimmery shade, perfect for a dramatic lid color, a stand out liner, or inner corner color. Makes blues eyes pop : ) It is as dramatic on your eyes as it looks in the pan. I LOVE using this as an "unexpected accent" color in my inner corner or blending it onto the lid of a dark smokey eye to give dimension.

Being a True Summer, I get nervous about wearing blatently warm colors. However, this gives an edge and sophistication to many of my cool-toned matte smokey shadows (Scene, Handwritten). However, this shadow will not disappoint! There are so many bronzey shadows out there - but this one will quench all your lemmings.

on 4/17/2013 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

At first, I didn't feel like this eyeshadow is gonna look good me. I thought it's too yellow. (Judged from how it's look in the pan.) But I was wrong. When I did the swatch this eyeshadow, I suddenly fall in love with this eyeshadow. It's not too yellow at all. It has a warm undertone into it. Good for everyday look.

Beautiful colour and finish, very pigmented and creamy. A great one to pop in your neutrals palette, as I have, for a little extra goldeness! Suits my medium skin tone well, and I imagine that it would be universally very good but possibly a little better on darker olive tones. Only problem is it chips easily and you end up loosing bits!

on 3/12/2013 9:10:00 PM

My go to eyeshadow perfect for blending but still adds a spark of color

on 2/14/2013 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I am in love! And I am sure anybody who tries this would fall hard too. It is a gorgeous shimmery, satin finish (shimmery mind you, not glittery). It blends so easily, and is very versatile. I wear it on the lid at times, the inner corner, the outer corner, and frequently I will use it as an eyeliner on the lower lash line. Looks beautiful with every shade under the rainbow. Worth every penny and I will repurchase this because I am certain I will hit the pan.

on 2/1/2013 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Amber Lights is a golden orange, with a tinge of copper. Itís doesnít have a great deal of shimmer, more of a pearly sheen, and itís very warm-toned, so it looks gorgeous mixed with golds such as Goldmine and Woodwinked. Itís perfect to wear with a brown shade such as Romp or Mulch, either in the inner corner or crease. Even though itís a Frost finish, itís so pigmented and applies like silk to my eyelids.

on 1/27/2013 3:59:00 PM

I love this color because it has a nice bronzy gold....it and Lorac's Gold from the pro palette are very close dupes for each other. I was hoping it would have a little more POW but it is still very creamy and shiny (not glittery just smooth shine like it has been foiled).

It is a beautiful lid color and great for work or going out at night.