April 16, 2014 | 1967 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Exact Eyelights Quad - Brown Eyes

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2010 3:45:00 PM More reviews by pimpcessleelee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

*Sighs* What can I say? I bought this from Rite Aid to give it a try. I hardly every by eyeshadow from CG, because it's not high-pigmented enough for me. I am a dark-skinned African American woman and a lot of times, no matter what color we use, by the end of the day, the color ends up looking brown or black. I tried this one day over my primer and what do you know, it didn't stay and looked completely black by the end of the day. The best thing about this product...is the brush that came with it. Other than that, I threw it away. It was a total waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2010 10:51:00 AM More reviews by dbmiller

Iíve purchased all of these now except for the one for blue eyes. I actually have green eyes and do enjoy the one for that. But when I saw the colors for the other eye colors, such as this one, I knew I had to have it. I have been an eye shadow snob for the past couple years, but have been wanting to branch out and try drugstore shades. Iíve been trying various Cover Girl and Maybelline quads and trios and have been very impressed. These are gorgeous colors paired together. The gold is a little less pigmented and requires a little more layering, but I find this can happen with even high end brands. I will say that this requires and good primer and some good eye shadow brushes, but these tools are necessary with high end bands as well, in my opinion. Overall, a very good product!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2010 8:23:00 PM More reviews by snugglebunny72

I seem to have the same opinion of some ladies here.

I DO like the color mixture, although I have small eyes so I used more of the gold and less of the charcoal.

I DO like the brush A LOT. It did shed a hair or two, but haven't had that since the day I bought it. I did find it to be soft.

I DO like the shimmer. Some people do, some don't.

I DO NOT like the amount of time it stays on.

I DO NOT like adding it 2 and 3 times in a day.

I DO NOT like that I had to put a lot on for it to be seen, except for the charcoal color.

Chances are I will not purchase this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2010 2:47:00 AM More reviews by mellie48

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

As a bit of a eyeshadow virgin i purchased this to see if it provided the look it promised. The gold on the corner of the eye does make the eyes open out a bit more. Though after about half a day the only thing left is the gold tones, the rest seems to disappear. I have not used a base for the eyeshadow however and will try it with a base beforehand for the next try.

In conclusion, does lighten up the eyes a little, but it a very understated look and may need a eyebase for staying power.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2010 3:43:00 PM More reviews by judysmath

I really like this shadow set. I have medium brown eyes. Unlike some of the other reviews, this shadow stayed on me all day and I have oily lids and watery eyes. I think it's because I powdered my lids before applying. I use the golden color on my lid and the wimpy gray color in the crease, the light color on my browbone and then I put the dark color in the crease over the gray, as well as on the outer corner of my eye and then I line with it on my top and bottom last lines in place of liner. I really like the brush it comes with... a nice "extra" for the price. I also like that it comes with the sponge applicators, which I use for lining. All in all, a good product.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2010 1:41:00 AM More reviews by jelena14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not a good product. The shadow is too powdery and has no staying power. Most of it will end up under your eye. I didn't find that the colors accentuated my eyes and the gold shade is quite tacky when put on. Don't waste your money on this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2010 10:59:00 PM More reviews by bgsutphin

I really thought this was going to be great, but was sadly disappointed. The biggest issue for me was the really shimmery gold and silver shades. I wouldn't wear them on a daily basis but maybe for a night out. I was really wanting to find soemthing that was great for anytime wear. The colors were alright, but I really won't ever wear these colors.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2010 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Hafsaz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not impressed. The colors literally fall off ur face and they r very light. When i followed the instructions on the back, it literally made me look as if I had a black eye. It did not make my eyes appear brighter at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2010 12:11:00 AM More reviews by ylang_two

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I swatched this product on my hand. Too powdery and light for me. Didn't make it to my eyes. I'd say give this a pass. (Might work ok for fairer skinned-gals.)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2009 11:05:00 PM More reviews by xoxocandylicious

the colors are reli nice. but it didnt reli make my brown eyes stand out. i tried the tip it showed my on the box, and it mademy eye look horrible. so i tried use the colours with a diff look. and i reli like it. the onyx is such a awesome shadow, u can use it for a simple smokey look, or wet it and use it as a eyeliner. after it dries, it wont come off. so thats reli awesome. the bronzy/gold colour is great too, i use it for the inner corners of my eye. and it brightens up my eye.