Nivea A Kiss Of Shine Natural Glossy Lip Care

3.9

Polyisobutene, octyldodecanol, pentaerythrityl tetraisotearate, C138-38, alkyl hydroxystearol stearate, cocoglycerides, bis-diglyceryl, polyacyladipate-2, silica dimethyl silylate, disteardimonium hectorite, hydrogenated castor oil, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, ethylhexyl methoxycinnate, butyrespermum parkii (shea butter), Tocopherol acetate, butyl methoxydibenzoylmethane, glycerin, vitis vinifera (grape) seed oil, propylene carbonate, magnesium stearate, water, fragrance, mica, titanium dioxide, propylparaben, bht, red 7 lake.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I just bought this at Wal-Mart. I've seen this in store displays, but I ignore it due to the fact I've had problems with the other Nivea lip balms. To my surprise, this stuff is AMAZING!! I've been wearing it all day. It's very moisturing. I like the way it feels on my lips even under lipstick or gloss. It's not sticky nor waxy. It feels like what a lip balm or lip gloss should feel like. I apply before I put on lipstick. Sometimes I apply it over my lipstick to make it as gloss. I'm very satisfied with the price as well. I will definitely repurchase this. It's perfect!

on 1/8/2011 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

this product is great. i don't have to keep reapplying and i love just a clear glossy look on the lips. The smell is a bit annoying but i have gotten used to it. I always use this in the winter. its perfect :)

on 1/4/2011 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

I would like this product very much...if it didn't leave the most nauseating, perfumey, obnoxious taste on my tongue - even if I don't lick my lips, which I simply do not do. It's HORRIBLE!

The actual look of the gloss is nice and subtle with a very light touch of shimmer, and the texture isn't sticky. But the way this cloying taste invades the mouth is unforgivable. It literally turns my stomach.

It's a shame, because that is really the only thing wrong with this, but it is SO WRONG that it really drags the product down. I wouldn't even take off lippies for the lack of SPF, but the taste is intolerable.
Ugh.

UPDATE: Okay. I've had this for a few weeks now and, while the taste is still pretty bad, I must say that the texture, look and feel of this product are damn near perfect.

The one I have is 'natural', and it's got the perfect amount of innocuous shimmer to make your lips look full and juicy minus the disco-ball effect; it's just enough to reflect a little light - nothing more.

It's not sticky or overly glassy, and the staying power is surprisingly good, so I'm tacking on one extra lippy. Just one though, because damn this thing still tastes bad. I have to hold my tongue to the roof of my mouth when applying this in order to ensure none gets in my mouth, and I would never even dream of subjecting my poor boyfriend to this one, and I've put him through a lot, bless his heart..

on 11/13/2010 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

It's great as a clear gloss - I can't really see any color at all. But that doesn't bother me: it's my favorite Nivea product. It moisturizes well, doesn't bleed if I put a ton on, and it stays on even after I drink a cup of water. I haven't felt any strange film yet, but so far I'm loving this product.

Edit-- It's a few months later, and I still have not managed to throw this away. It's a keeper. I love the smell. So much.

on 10/15/2010 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Love. It! People must understand that this is not a gloss, per se, its a shiny lip balm. So it's supposed to moisturize first and add a bit of natural shine to make your lips look pretty and it does just that for me. And my lips don't feel all dried out after multiple applications through the day. And a MAJOR plus is that I'm less likely to get that weird white, film/line on my lips (that appears without warning) like I do with a gloss (like MAC products). My boyfriend always raved about how much he loved the MAC lipglass on my full pout, but whatever this stuff is doing to my lips seems to be knocking his socks off. At just random times (at a stoplight!) he'll look at me and say, "your lips look so pretty!" And I think it because they look sexy in a totally natural way, not by screaming, "hey! look at me, I'm all glossed up!!"

I'm also tempted to stock up in fear of it being discontinued. It is a little pricey for a balm, but if you can catch a deal with a coupon its a beauty girls bargain!

I liked it bc it glossy and smells good :) I hate that that the tube is so small! Small ass tube for $3.. wow

on 9/9/2010 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Two words here..LOVE IT!!! It does have a weird smell but nothing too bad. It makes my lips look so good. Amazing stuff!! Found mine in the check out line at Walmart.

on 7/2/2010 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have tried a lot of lipglosses and found this Nivea gloss at Ulta for $1.50, so figured I would give it a shot.

It is very moisturizing and has a nice, natural looking shine to it (but no color tint). It doesn't taste GREAT, but it doesn't taste especially weird either. It doesn't last through eating and drinking, so I just reapply. One of the most important pros is that it never leaves flakes or a white line on my lips like some other lipglosses do! It really moisturizes well, plus it has SPF.

I will continue to use it because I am happy enough with it and it's really cheap, at least until I happen upon something better.

on 5/21/2010 12:09:00 PM

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't love this product. It smells weird. It tastes bad. It does moisturize my lips. It gives me a little gloss and shine and its not sticky like other glosses. But if I apply this at night I wake up with a weird film on my lips from this. I would not buy this again

on 5/9/2010 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Yuuuuck.

I got this stuff once, my dog chewed it up, and I never wanted another one. It's thick and goopy, yes, it does give good shine and moisture, hence 2 lippies. But my GOODNESS does it smell and taste horrible. I never have even smelled a lippy while I was wearing it before. It's like a weird.... baby powder smell. And the taste, even with normal wear, is awful, almost like wax. The combination is gag-inducing. I guess this can be seen as a way to prevent you from licking it off, but I just can't take it.