October 24, 2014 | 1726 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2014 1:48:00 AM More reviews by Lilyj768

I've only had one or two pimples here and there except for little ones on my forehead that never seem to go away. So, I began using this wash just thrice a week on my forehead only and it seemed that the bumps were reducing and they were, but this product drys out your skin more than than standing in -10% humidity could. But, there were results, so I began using it all over my face thrice a week to reduce the look of pores and non-inflammatory bumps that didn't really matter. Anyway, within three weeks of using it just thrice a week, my bumps started reappearing as full blown occasional pimples and I actually have a real case of acne right now after using it for fourish more weeks jusT once or twice a week. Admittedly it's small and hard to see, but I've never had actual acne before.

I cannot imagine the horrid stuff that would happen to a face using this 14 times a week. Yuck. Discontinuing use of product immediately and throwing it away, and I loathe wasting things, so that means something.

I've come to the occlusion that everything neutrogena makes will make my skin crawl.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2014 1:31:00 AM More reviews by LilyTaylor16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my HG face wash. My face is very oily, and I normally wash it twice a day with this. My acne isn't too bad, but I grt a good few little breakouts here and there. This keeps my face almost totally clear, smooth, dry (in a good way), and clean.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2014 1:32:00 AM More reviews by bluestarjcf

Let me give you a brief backgrlound on my skin. I've had some breakouts but nothing major. Just the occasional breakout from stress, hormones etc. I was getting bad breakouts because of stress and was running out of my current cleanser. I love the neutrogena cream cleanser so thought that I'd try something else which was this cleanser. Used it for about 1 month before I had to stop because it was making my skin go crazy. It made it dry out and broke me out in the worse acne I've ever. Even a couple of months of stopping this prodct my skin is still not what it was like before I used this product. Wouldn't recommend this to anyone unless they want their skin to go crazy on them.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2014 3:47:00 AM More reviews by pcalderon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay so I'm gonna start of by giving a brief history of my acne problems. I've always had acne since middle school, but it was a pimple here and there, usually a big whitehead. Anyways i started breaking out like crazy during my senior year of high school. I started getting acne all over my cheeks and going down towards my mouth, and chin. It was horrible, I got large under the skin pimples, my pores were really clogged and i felt ugly. The acne left small holes in my face and i still have red scars where my acne used to be. Anyways, my friend's mom told me that if i used this product my acne will start going away. She told me to use it morning and night and lather it all over my face and leave it for 5 minutes then rinse it off. My acne started going away and my friends told me that my face looked much smoother and my pores weren't clogged anymore.But i don't know if it was due to the wash or because i became less stressed after i graduated high school. I was going through a lot of emotional things while i was breaking out. I also thought that maybe my acne was due to hormones so i started taking a multivitamin specifically for regulating women's hormones around the same time. I started using the wash on 6/10/14 and i'm still using it now. my face is really oily, my pores are large and i'm still getting small tiny pimples on my face but definitely not as bad as before. I'm pretty happy with the results but this product dries out my face really bad and sometimes my face feels really stiff even after i apply moisturizer.i hate that feeling. But i like how it lathers up, a little goes a long way and i don't really mind the smell. Okay so bottom line, this product isn't the best and it cost me $7.64 for 6 fl oz, but i should've gone to walmart for cheaper. However, if you're suffering from acne, perhaps you should give this a try. maybe it could help control your active acne and calm it down for at least a while until you find something better. But my results are a bit inconclusive so i don't want to say that this by itself helped my acne. Im not exactly sure if i should buy this again, i want something that wont dry out my face too much. i also want to note that i sometimes use sea breeze toner after this wash which dries my face even more and it stings. so im thinking of cutting that out of my regimen.I also like to exfoliate with st. ives blemish control aprictot scrub with the oil free acne wash mixed in every morning but ive toned that done to every couple of days. But i use a gentle exfoliator once a day followed by the oil free acne wash. Hope this helps :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 6:35:00 AM More reviews by BeeMyFrond

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This cleanser is perfect for clogged pores/blackheads. Anytime I stop using it for a bit I notice my pores become very clogged/congested. I have used the redness soothing/grapefruit/& original acne wash & I prefer the redness soothing, although the original acne wash is just as good, the grapefruit wash irritates my skin & the original/ redness soothing gel do not.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2014 12:04:00 PM More reviews by doublec23

This product is nothing special I honestly wouldn't reccomend it. I have acne and did obsolutley nothing for it and ive been using it for a year now.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2014 1:44:00 PM More reviews by reminicings

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros
- packaging
- feels clean afterwards

Cons
- does nothing for acne
- will dry skin if overused
- breakouts still occur while using this product

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2014 2:26:00 PM More reviews by brainyforester7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i like the way this product cleans but not so much the way it feels. it has helped clear up my face but it makes me feel so stiff like i just got botox or something. overall it was still a good product

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2014 7:01:00 PM More reviews by SteveJefferson

I hated this product. I have combination skin and this acne wash dried the crap out of my face. I got dry patches under my eyes and along my jaw. I didn't use it long enough to see a change in my acne because after just one week my face was too horrible for me to continue use.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2014 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Holagirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Neutrogena products always seems to give me weird feeling and allergic reaction..i wonder if im the only one..any ways,when i first tried it i really dried my face and after a few days i started getting little white pimples or something n it look disgusting n stoped using it...n i decided to give it a second chance (after not using it for 11 months)at this product n see if i had a different reaction or something i started using it again and the first time in a really long time it kinda reduce my acne in my cheeks and after to days of using it,on the third day in the morning i started noticing the little pimples again,you know how some babies get little white pimples around the forehead,cheeks,and on the nose well people that how it looks on my cheeks right know,thank heavens is not alot like the first time..For some weird reason im always scared of using Neutrogena products because it always seem to have a terrible reaction like I've been thinking of using their foundation but im scared like this girl uses it and she have really terrible acne on her cheeks,it looks shiny and oily and we both have oily/combination skin so ain't using it..