Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash

2.8

Active: Salicylic Acid (2%), Other: Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium EDTA, Benzalkonium Chloride , Yellow 5, Red 40, Fragrance 07/2013

on 2/1/2015 12:09:00 PM

I couldn't give it zero stars, otherwise I would! I had a horrific reaction to this face wash. Even though I have relatively clear skin, my face was feelings a little bumpy so I thought I might try something a little more intense then my usual neutrogena foaming face wash. I used it for about 4 days only at night time and my face broke out in dozens of tiny whiteheads. I looked like I had a disease, they were itchy and painful and my face was swollen. I have no idea what I was allergic to because it def wasn't the SA, I've used that before. The only spot that didn't break out was my nose because thats the oiliest part of my face. Beware when using this!!

Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Okay so first I'm gonna start by saying this is the worst product I've even used on my face. I bought this on a Saturday morning from Walmart in the travel size section. I used it around 12 that afternoon, afterwards I didn't really notice anything other than my face felt clean/dry. I used it again later that night to take my makeup off. When I woke up Sunday morning my face was so irritated & itchy & slightly swollen I think but I didn't really think much of it until I did my makeup. My makeup looked horrible! That evening I took my makeup off RIGHT when I got home using my aveeno cleanser. When I looked in the mirror my face was covered in tiny little bumps and was so red & blotchy & was itching sooo bad! It's still itching while I'm writing this. I do NOT have sensitive skin at all & my skin is quite normal. I am so disappointed my face has NEVER looked like this even my mom noticed how blotchy my makeup was because of this product. Please do not buy this if you have normal skin, I think this is for people who have really oily acne prone skin which I do not have.

on 1/9/2015 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I want to try a new face wash and so I picked this one up. The first night I tried it, I was so excited because my skin felt so smooth. I used it again the next morning and by the night time, my skin was completely dried out! I became flakey and was applying moisturizer like no other! I immediately stopped using it and went into skin recovery for a week. I went back to my go-to clean and clear morning burst. It does the job and leaves my skin feeling refreshed. Shame on me for turning my back on what never let me down!

on 1/3/2015 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I purchased this twice and it didn't help my acne at all

on 12/28/2014 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this product but can not be used in autumn or winter to dry a bit, this product delete all the shoots that I had on my forehead

on 12/22/2014 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was so excited about this product and it literally burned my skin after two washes. My face was red and patchy and covered in blisters. I now have alligator looking skin on my face. Thanks Neutrogena.

on 12/21/2014 11:13:00 AM

I first used this during my High School years, when my skin was freaking out due to puberty and breaking out like crazy. It helped control oiliness and somewhat reduced my breakouts, but man did my skin feel tight after washing with this. I thought it would become my go-to facial wash but after around a year, I think my skin got used to this and started breaking out badly again. Good while it lasted, though.

on 12/17/2014 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Used this and it did not clear my Acne. Actually it left my skin dry and tight and unbalanced. Salycilic Acid is the Active ingredient. This also did not remove makeup.

The ingredients list that it has dyes in it which are known to trigger acne, it's just wrong that yellow and red Dyes which create more acne are added to an acne wash.

I prefer the Trader Joe's Face Cleanser and just add my acne products at night afterward to keep my skin clear.

on 11/29/2014 9:12:00 AM

Definitely drying. I think it strips all the oil off so your skin produces twice as much to make up for it. This in turn caused more breakouts. I need to find something more gentle.

on 11/29/2014 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

As a teenager with acne-prone dehydrated-normal skin prone to flaking, I thought that something called "oil-free acne wash" would be my savior. Unfortunately, I went through two bottles of this before accepting that this was exacerbating the problem. It caused me to have squeaky clean skin that felt tight and uncomfortable.

After switching to a gentler cleanser, my acne has improved a lot to the point where even acquaintances have commented. If your skin type is dehydrated or normal, I would recommend looking elsewhere for a daily cleanser.