November 28, 2014 | 841 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash

rated 2 of 5 on 9/21/2014 2:44:00 PM More reviews by kmls17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Redness Soothing CREAM. Just when I finally found a facewash that worked wonderfully, of course I found out that it's being discontinued :( I switched to the GEL to try it out. I used it a couple times, it did well keeping my skin acne free but realised it burned my face!!! I feel a rash on my cheeks and if i used any other product (like regular soap) it burned because my cheeks felt raw. My face is red, blotchy and discolored and it looks like I'm sunburnes or I'm wearing a really cheap, bad foundation. Awful!!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2014 9:47:00 AM More reviews by hemispheres

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have not written a review on here in probably 6 years! I had just bought neutrogena (orange) acne wash two days ago. And today woke up with itchy bumps and a rash on my chin and nose area!! Is this milia?? My skin is usually tough, acne prone, oily. And can handle anything. If someone can help me with possible ingredient thats causing this so i can a oud it in all products!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2014 8:25:00 PM More reviews by anitabassi

The worst. Does not work at all and waste of money

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by angieb20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: so after using the product for a week i think this cleanser is best for people with oily skin who has cystic acne...I was developing some cysts which have now cleared and no more cheesy smells coming from my chin...but every time I wake up I have at least 2 whiteheads...I'm going to end it with this product since it seems to also cause whiteheads on my ski...
I have very oily acne prone skin that didn't come about until I started using the depo shot around age 22. It got so bad that I started getting cysts all over my chin and there was this really foul cheesy like odor coming from my chin as well...I've tried the natural way as far as treating the acne and products from over the counter...I did my research and found out about non-comedogenic products and thought that would help...but to no avail I still struggled with horrible acne...I've always thought neutrogena products were good on my skin so one day I bought this product and low and behold my cysts started going down...my acne is clearing up but there are some harsh side effects...the product burns a little and can cause itchiness...I have brown skin so my face never really showed signs of redness but it did itch a lot...I've been using it for about 3 days and have felt and seen a dramatic change...I'm going to continue to use it since it's the only product that's working so far Nd hopefully my skin will adjust after a few weeks...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

One of the worst blemish cleansers I have ever used. Not once have I ever seen anyone who uses this with good or even decent skin.
It never yelded any results no matter what decade I used this in lol

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2014 7:12:00 AM More reviews by Apblank

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin is combo-oily with a few breakouts here and there but nothing major. So I bought this stuff as just an every day cleanser. I'm just now reading the reviews on it and most of them agree with me - this stuff was AWFUL. I've only used it 3 times and it's turned my skin red. Almost looks like a sunburn and people have even asked me if my "sunburn hurt." My face is constantly dry even with tons of moisturizer. It has also made my face constantly itchy, almost like there are mosquito bites all over my face. And back to the red face thing - my face is so red, that my Revlon Color Stay foundation doesn't cover the redness! My skin has NEVER looked this bad. I'm just very mad that I even used this product. Totally ruined my skin. I would suggest not buying this to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2014 6:28:00 AM More reviews by TiyaFab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Update 18/Aug/2014: now I've been using this face wash for 2 weeks, I can't believe how amazing it is! As my skin got used to it (after first week) it stopped drying my face, I didn't have a single breakout on my face, not even one little pimple! Now I'm using it two times a day, my skin is soft and smooth and clear. (update again on 1st September)
9/Aug/2014: I bought this face wash 4 days ago and I thought I'd wait for a month before reviewing it but so far it's been so great for me that I had to say something! -- a little about my skin: I get hormonal and stress acne once or twice a month, usually one pimple on my chin or forehead. I always get tiny whiteheads or small bumps no matter how clear my skin appears, they usually last for 2-3 days then clear up. But in the 4 days that I've been using this my skin is completely spotless! No breakouts, no small bumps, just clean smooth skin! I had one pimple on my chin before and in these 4 days it has pretty much cleared up (Usually my acne takes 7-14 days to clear up) the only con is that it's a bit drying and my skin feels a little stiff right after washing my face with it, but nothing so bad that a moisturizer can't fix! I use it just once in the morning.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2014 3:21:00 AM More reviews by Shopah0lic21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I had this stuff back in the day when bad acne was an issue. It dried out my skin and made it kindof burn. Wouldn't recommend to people with dry or sensitive skin

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2014 1:48:00 AM More reviews by Lilyj768

I've only had one or two pimples here and there except for little ones on my forehead that never seem to go away. So, I began using this wash just thrice a week on my forehead only and it seemed that the bumps were reducing and they were, but this product drys out your skin more than than standing in -10% humidity could. But, there were results, so I began using it all over my face thrice a week to reduce the look of pores and non-inflammatory bumps that didn't really matter. Anyway, within three weeks of using it just thrice a week, my bumps started reappearing as full blown occasional pimples and I actually have a real case of acne right now after using it for fourish more weeks jusT once or twice a week. Admittedly it's small and hard to see, but I've never had actual acne before.

I cannot imagine the horrid stuff that would happen to a face using this 14 times a week. Yuck. Discontinuing use of product immediately and throwing it away, and I loathe wasting things, so that means something.

I've come to the occlusion that everything neutrogena makes will make my skin crawl.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2014 1:31:00 AM More reviews by LilyTaylor16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my HG face wash. My face is very oily, and I normally wash it twice a day with this. My acne isn't too bad, but I grt a good few little breakouts here and there. This keeps my face almost totally clear, smooth, dry (in a good way), and clean.