Cliniderm Gentle Protective Lotion SPF 45

3.6

Medicinal Ingredients (w/w): Titanium Dioxide USP 6.6%, Zinc Oxide USP 6.1% Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Aqua, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Alumina, Methicone, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Butylene Glycol Cocoate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Phospholipids, Silica, Glycerin, Dehydroacetic Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Cetyl Dimethicone, Ceteareth-12, Cetyl Alcohol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Capryloyl Glycine, Tocopherol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dehydroxanthan Gum, Rosemary Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract

on 1/24/2012 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This sunscreen is really good for those who can not use chemical sunscreens as this one is a physical sunscreen. I have been using this product for two years and on my third or fourth bottle. This doesn't leave a white cast like many other physical sunscreen do, but may make your face slightly shinier than usual at first but it goes away. It also doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. However, for people with dry skin like me you must wear moisturizer underneath this as it will dry the heck out of your skin and may even burn. So I would suggest this for people with more oily skin. I have loved this sunscreen for a while but I think my skin is a little dryer than it was two years ago and this sunscreen just dries it out even more. So I will probably not purchase this a fifth time. Well I hope this was helpful. Good luck.

on 11/30/2011 9:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

My current go-to sunscreen. I cannot use any products with chemical sunscreen other than mexoryl-based ones (they make me break out in bumps and rashes) so I'm always on the lookout for good physical sunscreens for the face to use with my regular moisturizing routine.
This is scent-free, a light lotion that spreads well and is easy to apply. It makes my skin a bit shiny, but not as much as some other sunscreens I've tried. The lotion has a pronounced yellow colour, which doesn't show on my face but WILL transfer onto light clothing (hence my 4 rating; otherwise it would be a solid 5).
I haven't had any problems applying my (admittedly minimal) makeup over it, but I do let it dry for a good fifteen minutes first.
My product is packaged in a tube with a flip top, which isn't BAD, but does tend to accumulate a sort of yellow crust towards the end. The testers in my local Shoppers Drug Marts all seem to be pumps, which is what I'd really prefer.

on 9/21/2011 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really wanted to like this sunscreen! It contains mineral actives only. It has a thin consistency, and as such is easy to spread. It has an elegant finish: no white cast and dries matte. It actually evens out my skin tone! But, and this a a major but... something in this is terribly irritating. I have to chuckle a bit every time I see the tube in my bathroom, as it proudly states "Irritant Free" right under the brand name. Like a couple people before me have said, something in this actually burns my skin, especially when I use it 3+ days in a row. The burning sensation really is quite intense, although lucky for me my face doesn't turn all that red. What's worse is that for the first time in my life, a product actually made my skin flaky. I used this on and off for about 6 weeks before giving up. After a couple days usage, there were very visible flakes all over my skin. I had to slather my face with an extremely greasy hand moisturizer for a couple nights just to get rid of the flakes. These flakes did not return once I stopped using this product. Keep in mind that I do not have particularly dry skin, quite the opposite during summer time, when I tried this product. The only reason I'm giving this two lippies is that it is cosmetically elegant, and I suppose I could wear it a couple times a year on special occasions. My new sunscreen (Burnout Clear) is much better for my skin, but not quite as elegant as this one.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have tried quite a few sunscreens, but haven't been able to find one that is non-chemical and doesn't make me look like a ghost. I have dry/sensitive/acne-prone skin. I find that this sunscreen dries almost like a powder on my skin which can make it a little dry looking. That is the only down side of this product. Otherwise, it works great--protects very well from the sun and does not make me break-out. It is quite expensive, but I am willing to pay the higher price for sunscreen that does not irritate my skin. I also use this as an eye sunscreen, neck and chest sunscreen. My skin is super fair and prone to redness. This suncreen does not even let the sun give me a tan like other sunscreens I have tried. Whenever I use this sunscreen, my skin stays nice and light.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the best sunscreen that doesn't make me break out. Thank god for mineral sunscreens as I am highly allergic to every chemical sunscreen on the face of the earth. Only downfall is the price!!! Very expensive. A great cheap alternative is Heiko which is also a mineral physical sunscreen with similar results and texture.

on 6/6/2011 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This all-mineral sunscreen has a milky texture, a slight orange tint (which does not show up on the skin at all), and no white cast when applied.

It is quite matte and can even leave a dry/chalky film on the face and hands after applying. Which is preferably to a greasy feel, but still wasn't something I was going after now that my skin is dryer and more sensitive from using Retin-A.

This did not sting my face on application, as most sunscreens do (yes, even the physical ones), and did not cause facial skin problems for me, aside from the odd chalky feel. However, my neck broke out into a rashy, red, patchy mess - not entirely sure if it was from this, or something else, however.

I would consider using this again if my skin returned to its formerly bullet-proof, greasy old self. If that is your skin, you might like it, but if you're very sensitive and tend toward dryness, I wouldn't recommend it.

It gets points from me for the packaging, the fluid texture, and the non-whitening effect.

Cosmetically elegant - works wonderfully under makeup. Not sure why this is called 'Gentle' as I can never wear it two days in a row without irritation. I reserve it strictly for occasions when I *must* wear foundation during the day.
If I wear it too often, I get big red patches. If I could find another cosmetically elegant physical sunscreen, I would drop this like a hot potato.
EDITED: I wore this sunscreen yesterday on my body to run errands and got a sunburn (this has not happened in YEARS)! Luckily, I wore Clarins UV hp SPF 40 on my face and that remained unburned.
On top of that, I have developed big red patches on the inside of my elbows. This stuff is going into the garbage! AWFUL! If you have sensitive skin - steer clear, and this would probably only be suitable to wear indoors.

While I like the cleanliness of the pump, and the fact that this isn't a chemical sunscreen... It balls up horribly under my make-up. This will be saved for a non foundation day. I will stick with Clarins Day Screen.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is as close to perfect as I've found in a mineral sunscreen. Lightweight, gentle, no whitish cast, and dries to a non-sticky matte finish. Love it!!!!!!!!!!

on 7/31/2010 5:13:00 PM

Love this sunscreen!
I have very dry skin.
So far this sunscreen is the best for me.
I am using this product for whole year round and my all family as well.
No trouble at all even I have dry and sensitive skin.