April 16, 2014 | 954 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 3:24:00 PM More reviews by rediscoverme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. I've had it for months with daily use, and I still have so much of it which applies like a dream. The brush is kind of an afterthought but I've seen worse. I originally purchased this on a whim and after trying to use it with the brush that came with it, I never used it again. The day my liquid liner ran out, I thought to try it with my liquid liner applicator as that is how I was comfortable doing my liner. I used liquid liner for like 10 years but I realized that with this gel liner, it is much easier to get a straighter line as it's not as super fluid so it's more forgiving and allows for better control. I have since then stopped using my liquid liner applicator and started using my Sigma liner brushes (which are AMAZING) and have for now found my HG method of doing liner.

I have never had an issue with tightline or waterline application and I can confidently say that this liner has never smudged on me at all. I live in Florida where it's super humid, and my skin is oily so if it was going to happen, it would've already. I will say that I never do my eyes without utilizing a primer or base underneath it which I think helps tremendously when it comes to the staying power of any gel liner. On days where I try to get away with being lazy and just putting liner on, it ends up being a disaster and looking weird on me so I have stopped trying to make that look work. Note: I love being lazy and have tried this with EVERY eye lining product imaginable. They ALL have sucked when I've tried it and I'm almost 100% certain it's because I don't have a primer/base under it for the product to stick to, and it's not so much an issue with staying power, but more so with the overall look of it because the pigmentation looks off or something I don't know, I'm weird and very picky about the way my liner looks. with But seriously, for me once it's on, it's on until I use makeup remover.

One thing that I have started doing is once I have my gel liner on my lids and still have time or if I want an extra "pop"is to go in with my liquid liner and apply a thin line as close to the lashes as possible. I've found that it makes my lashes go that extra mile and looks really nice because as much as I love the super pigmentation of the gel liner, I absolutely love the darkness of liquid liner. It just makes it look very intense and super polished to me. But like I said, if I don't have time or I want something more natural looking, I don't even worry about it.

I really recommend (especially if this is your first time using any sort of gel liner product or even just a liner product new to you in general) getting this item from somewhere that will accept returns and then trying it on a few times with the applicators or brushes you feel comfortable with and with a base or primer under it. Also you will be better off doing this during a moment when you have time to play around with it. If you haven't ever used gel liner before, trying to put this on rushed before school, work or a special occasions will probably not get you the best eye look ever and may even discourage you from liking the product... Trust me on this one, do not make the same mistakes I have! If you end up really hating the product, well, at least you tried and can get your money back. EVERYBODY WINS! ...ok, maybe just you, but hey. We have to love ourselves before we can learn to love anybody else or whatever, right? Right. One more thing: I have seen lots of people use this by dipping their eye pencils or even the end of their eye liner/shadow/thinner makeup brush (for water or bottom lash lining) into it and applying, and they swear by it. The key is experimentation here and with all makeup, really.

So in conclusion, yeah. I like it a lot, a lot.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2014 2:05:00 PM More reviews by leavesofgrass

I liked this liner at first. When I first opened it it was super creamy and lovely to apply. It's been probably three months now that I've had it and I'm not so happy anymore. For the last month it's gotten so so dry...almost chunky. It's still usable, with effort, so I'm going to keep using it until I really can't anymore before I buy something else, but it's not great. I definitely am not loving it. What I do like about it is it doesn't smudge or transfer on me. The color fades throughout the day to more of a deep/smoky gray, but that's ok. Just wish it didn't dry out so bad!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2014 9:27:00 PM More reviews by ChoiLatte

Pros:
- does not dry out easily
-- the product is still in good condition after a year
--- you probably don't want this for that long though...

Cons:
- this creases with/without primer (I have extremely oily Asian/hooded eyelids)
-- it doesn't even take an hour for the product to crease
- not waterproof
- even if I let this set for a while, it still smudges
- you can't even use this to tightline
-- the liner ends up transferring to your bottom waterline
- doesn't matter if you have eyeshadow on or not
-- still smudges and creases like there's no tomorrow

I only had this for a year only because I never used it. The only good thing I can say about it is the packaging; if I wanted to, I can still use the gel liner. But why use it when it does absolutely nothing?

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 6:02:00 AM More reviews by DiaryofaDyme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is a really good quality eyeliner. Highly pigmented(I got blackest black), and a little goes a very long way. It's smooth and creamy-very easy to apply. Plus, I've had it for a few months and it didn't dry up on me(as, say wet n' wild did). Can't comment on the brush as I'm a beginner when it comes to gel liners and can't tell the difference, but so far, one of the better eye lining products I've had.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2014 5:51:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

I bought this in the black shade. First off, i don't like the consistency of this eyeliner. Also, this eye line is not long lasting as it claims. As it smudges, and it fades. It truly is one eyeliner I will never buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2014 5:22:00 AM More reviews by coldwarkid

This is my first ever gel eyeliner purchase. Bought this due to the good reviews on the web. Not very impressed. I don't know if something is wrong with my eyes but this smudges and is runny on me on some days..on some days it is perfectly fine. I couldn't blame the temperature as the eyeliner stayed in place on a humid day..and smudged while I was inside perfectly controlled air conditoned office temperature. I haven't tried it after an eye shadow primer so maybe its performance would improve by then. Till now I'm just meh. Also this will last a long time so for people who don't experience smudging like I do..this is very good value. Off to find another gel eyeliner I guess..

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2014 3:47:00 AM More reviews by mayag719

I've used both MAC and Bobbi Brown's gel eyeliners (which I liked), and this stuff is definitely comparable to both. Considering it's price, that's fantastic. The color is great, it's very pigmented (I have eggplant), it's creamy and glossy, and stays. The skin around my eye area is RIDICULOUSLY oily, so finding things that stay put are awesome. I haven't tried it in the water line though. I also am not a fan of the brush that it comes with (it's too thick) so I use a different one.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 11:58:00 PM More reviews by jenniferlee5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This eyeliner goes on smoothly and has serious staying power. It's finish is intense and glossy, and doesn't flake or smudge when dry. It does take some time to apply, so I save this for going out at night when I want a dramatic look. I have this in black and charcoal. The black is deep and rich. I really love the charcoal too, which is great to use as a smoky eye, slightly smudged all around, because it has a slight shimmer and the color is not too severe. also, this product coats well onto the waterline, I do however find it to feel a bit thick and uncomfortable when i use it there, so i save that application for when I want a dramatic look without having to worry about touch ups.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2014 10:45:00 PM More reviews by PatentlyPink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Very good for the value. Performs similarly to Mac gel liner. I've turned on a few girlfriends to these. Glides smoothly and stays on all day long. Charcoal gray is nice for day to evening, can blend more for night. eggplant is a bit disappointing, not too much pigment, but good for daytime. Brush is okay, but the quality fails after a few weeks of use. I recommend the product, but buy your own liner brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 11:39:00 PM More reviews by lola444

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this after I ran out my bobbi brown one and this definitely replaces it with much cheaper price and same excellency. It goes really smooth and drys just in time and won't smudge for the whole day.