August 27, 2014 | 1967 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 11:43:00 AM More reviews by porkiepine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've only used pencil liners before but since if have oily eyelids and started using contacts, I decided to try gel liners. I didn't want to splurge on Bobbi Brown so I bought the inexpensive alternative and surprisingly love it. It lasts the whole day with no smudging and the application is easier than I thought. The brush it same with is decent but I'm currently using the elf brush with this. I would try the Bobbi Briwn when this pot runs out, but this is def a recommend for ladies who wants to try gel eyeliner - inexpensive but works pretty good!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by jadea1288

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is for the Eggplant (purple) color.

I use this product with Milani eye primer (another cheap drugstore favorite). The lasting power is fantastic. I've exercised in hot weather, came back to splash water in my face and found that the eyeliner looked exactly as I had applied it in the morning. I have very oily lids and don't experience any transferring to my eyelids or lower lash line like I would with other pencil liners.

Now for the downsides, the application is a HUGE pain in the ass. I cannot speak to the black color, but the purple eye gel is clumpy and flaky. It takes me a long time to put it on because I'm constantly brushing it onto my hand to try to squash out any lumps that have formed. If I apply straight from pot to eyelid, I end up having little clump of eyeliner which I have to smoosh out--which makes for a very imprecise application. It also takes a while to build up the application--again not sure if that's improved with the black color.

It's back to the drawing board for another gel eyeliner, although I will continue to use this one until I run out or feel like spending the dough on a more expensive brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 8:12:00 PM More reviews by lalas17

I really like this gel eyeliner. The packaging is nice and small. It looks almost exactly like the Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner, and the quality is very nice for drugstore. The eyeliner is creamy and goes on easily and lasts all day. I'd definitely repurchase it, especially for the drugstore price!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2014 7:34:00 AM More reviews by paddlepops

It's a staple in my makeup bag. I've never liked liquid liners because they are so sharp it's hard to create a smooth looking line. While a gel liner is easier to maneuver and change even once on the eyelid. I love that it is completely pigmented and matte.

The only qualm is that out both colors I have the brown and black the black seems to be of worse quality. It tends to smudge on my super oily hooded eyelids while the brown does not. The black one also seems to dry out a lot quicker in the pot and in application. I've used about 3/4 of my brown eyeliner and it's still as smooth as ever and glides on. So the brown is amazing. The black is good too it's just I have to go out of my way to prime the eyelids and set it with eyeshadow to ensure it lasts. Overall it's a bit harder to apply.

Gel liner does take a bit longer to apply since you have to go back and dip it in but I prefer the look and for me it's easier. It's really up to preference. But I can't go wrong with this, plus easier to wash off and doesn't stain and is at a reasonable price also.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2014 3:58:00 AM More reviews by anishayunus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ah, gel liners. Said to revolutionize the world. Lasts longer than pencils, easier to work with than liquids. Though I am a liquid person myself, I wanted to try a gel liner. I wasn't all too willing to splurge on Bobbi Brown or MAC, especially since many said this was a dupe, or even better than the high end ones. When I first bought this, the texture was very.. solid. I don't recall gels to be that way. I expected this to be a fluid-ish, glide on kind of eyeliner. I was wrong. It definitely is VERY BLACK, though, like all other black Maybelline pigments (eyeliners, mascaras, all VERY BLACK) and it lasts very long too. I have oily lids and this will last the entire day. My only problem is the texture. I wanted it to be easier to apply, more.. fluid and not having to struggle with getting the exact amount on the brush, without any globs or chunks on the brush. when being applied on to the eye it goes on well, not the best but okay-ish. Though I loved the staying power and the colour, I would not repurchase. I want to try out the ELF and Essence ones as they are raved about pretty often too (AND said to be creamier). I like this enough to use up the whole pot, which lasts a long time. With an almost everyday use I would say about 7-8 months almost? But I don't like it enough to buy it again. Maybe if the texture was improved.. I will definitely buy again!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2014 12:38:00 PM More reviews by honeyappleseed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

nope. this product did not work for me! the eyeliner never dries it smears and smudges easily i feel like i totally wasted my money. its like a paint

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by margomiller

I got this in charcoal and it was just alright, it was a littttle smudgy but not awful or anything. The brush that comes with it is decent and it is surprisingly creamy! If you want the best results I think getting it in Blackest Black would be the best, I plan to try it next.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 7:51:00 PM More reviews by alishee

My FAVOURITE eye liner! As many say, it is very compareable to bobbi browns gel liner. I prefer this one.. simply for the price.
It is very easy to use, lasts mostly all day (with slight risk for smudging), and the little jar lasts forever.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2014 11:34:00 PM More reviews by Koolkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I liked it, but kinda fussy for me which had me wavering on the line regarding returning it. This is my first gel liner purchase so part of my frustration is a major learning curve.

I just can't quite get the clear edged line on my eyelid like I can with Mac Fluidline for a thicker line with a cat eye (test driven at MAC counter); I don't know why--it just looks slightly raggedy within a few minutes when I look at my eye really close in the mirror; its not smudging, but my eyelids just don't let it try with a straight edge. But it works okay for tightlining the top lash and a very thin line on my top lash line, I've found. Primer doesn't seem to matter with this for me, but putting it over an eyeshadow makes the ragged edge slightly worse; regardless it doesn't smudge or travel at all on my eye. And in fact to get it off I had to use my magical Mary Kay make up remover because neither my regular makeup remover or soap would get it off my eye.

I wore this baby to the gym and sweated profusely. This stuff didn't budge. But it was on a bare, clean eye applied before the gym just for the test, not sure how it would work over eyeshadow, but I'm assuming fairly similar excellent results. Hardly anything came off on my towel either, just a tiny bit when I wiped my under eye which could have been residue from the day's makeup I had taken off before the gym/lining my eyes.

Clean the brush before every use! That seems to make a major difference in application. I'm going to keep it so I can play around with it before I buy Mac or another more expensive brand. Or when my eyeliner brush arrives in the mail maybe that will fix the clean edge problem.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2014 2:38:00 PM More reviews by diepset1

I really like this gel liner because it doesn't budge if you prime your lids. That's a no-brainer step when it comes to eye makeup though. I give it a 4 because I wish that the colors were more pigmented. I have it in charcoal and black and the black just doesn't seem black enough. As for the brush, if you forget to clean it up after every use, of course it's going to be crusty. I hope that these pots last for a long time, but it's not very expensive in the first place, so no worries there. If you're looking for a gel liner, try this one!