Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

This is so much like my Essence Gel Liner. My essence one dried up and I bought this one when it was on sale for $8AUD in black.

I love it!, its really black, really pigmented, easy to apply, smooth and creamy and stays on and doesnt budge. Even the brush they give you isnt bad for application.

You really need a good eye makeup remover to get this off.

Does it dry out quickly?. Personally I think all gel liners dry out quickly. Not much you can do, except add a bit of oil or another trick is to use a finishing spray and mix up the gel product. That kind of brings it back to life. The best thing to do it to always make the lid is screwed on tight to minimise exposure to air.

Overall great product at such a great price. Buy it!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

My favourite eyeliner of all time! It has great staying power and is definitely comparable to MAC's blacktrack.

Not the best. Tends to smudge and the pot often dries out before you finish using up the product. I'd prefer loreal infallible gel liner in terms of drugstore gel liners.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Oh I wish I can buy this product...I absolutely love the formula and the finish and that it's very black, easy to apply, long lasting, and reasoabely priced..the brush that comes with it is great as well
The only problem that it smudges big time on my lids :(
Still on the hunt for the perfect black liner

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love gel eyeliner. its the only eyeliner i use and this one was amazing. it was on sale when i was on holiday so bought it to try it out and i was not disappointed. perfect liner. glides on asily and last forever

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

This has been my favorite eyeliner for my waterline since i started using eyeliner. It stays pretty well, however it runs out of the corner of my eye after about an hour, and when applying only halfway it runs into the inner corner of my eye, but that is bound to happen with any eyeliner. I don't use it on the top anymore because it isn't easy to do cat eyes or winged eyeliner with, at least from my experience, because the lines are not as smooth as with liquid eyeliner. It is very dark (I get blackest black) and that is what I was looking for.

I've tried a LOT of gel liners, and I absolutely love this eyeliner. I have it in black. I've used it for a year and a half now and haven't found anything better. I do, however, use a different brush to the one included (for more of a precise/ sharp wing). But the formula of this stuff is fantastic; it's long-wearing, easy to use and the price is very decent. Would definitely recommend :)

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

At first I had just the black one and used it for about a year now. I thought it would dry out, because that's usually what happens to me with gel drugstore products.
Didn't happen, still good as new, so I bought the brown one too. Couldn't be happier with these.

Goes on smoothly, formula isn't dry, lasts all day long without any smudging unless I'm crying or something, then it smudges a little bit. The brush that comes with it is perfect too.

10/10

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I try to refrain from rating a product until I've used it for at least a year, but I have been using this for about 8 months and I think I can go ahead and say that it is pretty much perfection.
Firstly, I love the fact that it's a DS product and it is quite a bit cheaper than MAC or something more high end. That means if it dries out or gets lost I won't be anywhere near as upset as I would if I spent $18.00-$20.00 on it.
There is no scent to this product and it does not irritate my eyes. I have worn it both with and without contacts and, once it's on, I don't notice it at all.
The little jar it comes in is cute and functional. I make sure I close it very tightly and I've never had a problem with the gel drying out. The brush this comes with is not the best, but, as long as you practice, it is usable. I have achieved very sharp lines with the brush. Just make sure you wipe it, or your own brush, off after every use and wash it once a week and you'll be fine.
The product itself is great. It's a very pigmented matte black (I love that it's matte. I don't like anything too shiny as I find sparkles and shine to be immature unless it's the holidays) and it has a nice creaminess that doesn't pull or skip on my eyelids. I have found that when the pot is "fresh" sometimes I have to go over my lines a couple of times because the very top of the product is a little liquidy (if that makes sense). However, once it has been open for a week or so everything evens out and I can make nice, defined lines with one pass. I find that the liner sets quickly and evenly, but it does give me enough time to smudge it out if I'm looking for a smokier look. My favorite way to do this is to go over it with MAC Carbon and blend it out.
The staying power with this liner is super impressive. I have very oily eyelids and this stays on ALL day until I remove it at night. I get no creasing if I wing it out and it stays true black all day.
All in all I'd say this is a steal. The amount of product you get is generous and it really does match other, more expensive products, in performance. If you're looking for a versatile gel liner and don't want to spend $$$ give it a shot.

Um, this stuff is amazing. I wasn't expecting anything great since I settled for this instead of going with something high-end, so you can bet your sweet booty that I am ecstatic at how awesome this Maybelline liner turned out to be.

Let's break it down:

Packaging: It's a cute little glass jar of liner, pretty typical. Comes with a liner brush--throw that in the trash where it belongs.

Texture: Very creamy which means it applies smoothly even in the hands of a terrible eyeliner applier.

Color: Jet black like my soul.

Lasting Power (!!): This is what I'm most impressed about. This sh-- STAYS. I put this on yesterday at 7:00 am, it is currently past 1:00 am the next day and my eyeliner is still almost perfect!! Seriously, if I wanted to go out right now, I wouldn't even have to touch it up. That's crazy. The only downside is that if you make a mistake when applying it, it's a little harder to rub it away and try again, and it's also a little harder to remove it at the end of the day. But that's a small price I'm willing to pay for 18+ hours of perfect eyeliner.

Bottom line: I'm pretty good at makeup except for liner, but this one is super easy to use and lasts all day without fading, smudging, or irritating my eyes and gives me a super sharp winged liner for life. So, I'm sold.

Video Reviews & Tutorials