Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ Ī ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

on 3/3/2015 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought this product based on the reviews from this website. I've never used a gel eyeliner before, I usually used to buy a Revlon Colorstay pencil.
I watched some videos on youtube how to apply gel eyeliner and ever since buying this product, I decided to never go back to the pencil.
This eyeliner lasts until you wash it. The deep black color stays in place and doesn't fade away like it usually does with pencils.
It is very easy to apply because it goes along with a great brush.

I am definitely going to buy this again.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I had it in a several colors but recently I tend to gravitate towards my liquid and pencils more. These are not bad for their price but it dries out quickly

on 2/23/2015 10:23:00 PM

Consistency is creamy, pigmentation is ok, staying power ok, price and packaging are fine. I stopped using it because it kept kinding it's way to my lower lashes (when I only wanted it as a fine line in my upper ones), and in the fine lines under my eyes, which made me look A LOT older. I have a half used package, and an almost new one, but I've since found my HG eyeliner, so won't ever use them again.

on 2/20/2015 12:00:00 PM

I tried to like this, but I really don't.

Pros:

It lasts fine, less smudgy than some other eyeliners

It's easy to apply, easier than a liquid liner

Cons:

Requires two coats to get solid, opaque black

Brush needs to be cleaned with makeup remover every 2-3 applications, even if you wipe it off in between

Product can get waxy and stiff

Packaging is kind of a pain, the lid doesn't screw on that smoothly, and I don't like wiping off the product on the edges. Feels messy.

Anyway, it's okay, and I'll probably finish about 1/2 of this before I huck it and get a regular liquid liner. But lots of people seem to like it, and it's not too expensive, so worth a shot I guess.

I think this would work better if you have dry eyelids (mine are greasy), aren't confident with a liquid liner, and don't mind the fiddly brush-dipping-cleaning process.

on 2/19/2015 12:52:00 PM

Iíve used all kinds of eyeliners and I have to say Maybellineís gel eyeliner is by far my favorite. If youíre no pro at applying eyeliner, this gel eyeliner will be the easiest for you to work with. This product comes with a brush and a pot of gel eyeliner. The two go hand in hand to help you achieve the desired look youíre going for. Between the brush and the consistency of the gel eyeliner, they offer you more options and more control than youíd find in a pencil or liquid eyeliner. You can choose whether you want a softer, smoked out look or a bolder, more defined look. You can apply as little or as much as you want and it still looks great without flaking or smudging.

This eyeliner works well for those who have oily eyelids. If you have a difficult time wearing certain types of eyeliner without it smudging or transferring to your upper eyelids, this eyeliner is for you. You wonít experience much smudging with this gel eyeliner. Regardless, Iíd still use an eyelid primer to help the gel eyeliner to stay all day. However, you can wear this gel eyeliner without primer and it lasts a good while before you experience any smudging. With how fast this eyeliner dries, it prevents smudging before youíve even had a chance to wear it. When applied, you only have to wait a few seconds before it sets and you can blink your eyes.

When it comes time for you to remove the eyeliner, youíll have no problem removing this gel eyeliner. For an eyeliner that stays put and wonít even fully come off when you rub your eyes, thatís pretty great! You can take a makeup remover cloth and gently rub your eyes and it will come right off!

The only drawback youíll have with this product is how often youíll have to wash the brush. If you donít wash the brush after about three uses, itís difficult for you to get a smooth, precise line. With that being said, youíll probably still gladly wash the eyeliner brush every three uses so you can use this amazing eyeliner.

Overall, this is a high quality product at a low price. It will definitely give you a lot of bang for your buck. I recommend this eyeliner for anyone whoís looking for an eyeliner thatís easy to use, offers a lot of options, and stays put.

on 2/9/2015 5:54:00 PM

I own this in blackest black and brown. I find that the black one is dryer than the brown. The brown is really smooth and creamy. I use the brown for my eyebrows and it has changed my eyebrow game drastically!! I have sparse brows so powder doesn't work very well and pencil always smears off no matter what (yuck). I have combo skin by the way.. Anyways this stays put on my brows and doesn't smudge all day!! The brown is fairly light for an eyeliner shade in my opinion. It would be good for a really "natural" day look.

It's very easy to apply and I suck at eyeliner and getting it even on both sides. The brush it comes with is actually pretty useful. I can get right against the lash line. And it stays put on the water line!! I love the classy packaging. You only need a little bit of this stuff each use, so it lasts a long time. And it does not smudge on my oily eyelids!! It really stays put. I suggest using coconut oil on a cotton pad to remove it before washing your face because it's hard to get it off otherwise.

I am really loving these and I highly recommend them! :)

I have this gel liner in Aubergine/Eggplant. The shade is really pretty, but much lighter on than expected. The liner seemed pretty dry when I opened the package, it was not as gel-like as I had expected. It did not, as such, glide on as it should have. It is not so easy to apply... And it balls up upon application - very odd. I do wish the colour wore more like it looks in the pot and on the packaging. The little pot is nice looking and the brush is very nice. I do find it hard to apply in a thin line. If the formula were more gel-ish, I think this would be easier. I am surprised by all of the successful reviews about this product, but it sort of leads me to think I got a bad pot...? 😥

on 2/8/2015 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

So I bought this just to try since Target is liquidating here in Canada. Thought I'd picked it up in black, but instead came home to discover it was in the colour brown. I don't line my eyes with brown, so I tried using this to fill my eyebrows. As a first step, I fill my brows with Anastasia dipbrow pomade in dark brown. If there are any patches left, I use this and I'm quite happy with the results. Won't be repurchasing however...was just a makeup experiment given I didn't get it in black.

on 2/4/2015 6:14:00 PM

This is the second gel eyeliner I have tried after running out of my all time favorite BareEccentials gel liner (which I believe has been discontinued). The first I tried was much too sheer, and smeared onto my hooded eyelids within a few hours of wear. I was able to return it to the store, and the salesgirl suggested I try Lasting Drama.

This eyeliner is pliable so that you can get just the right amount on the brush, and goes on smoothly without pulling. It's pigmented enough to create a heavy (or thin) line without applying several layers (and giving yourself more time to mess up). It can be easily cleaned up within a few seconds when things do get messy, but then sets into what is truly a lasting eyeliner with a matte finish. When I was testing out the brush on my hand, it took several washes to get the eyeliner off.

I like the little brush it comes with, and was quickly able to master using it to create a heavy, "retro" cat-eye look that I prefer. I have been able to get a very thin line, as well as a heavier line while playing with it. The tiny size makes getting the perfect cat-eye easier.

Overall, I really like this eyeliner, and am especially happy with it, given the price.

on 2/4/2015 11:08:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Just tried this eyeliner for the past week and it was a fail! By the afternoon this liner was smudged on my outer corner. I even tried to put eyeshadow over it to see if that would make it last and the same thing happened. After trying Mac and Bobbi Brown gel liner and knowing they do not move, this just isn't worth it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials