September 18, 2014 | 1393 users online

Cleansers - Bobbi Brown - Cleansing Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by LisTan

I have combination sensitive skin and this cleansing oil has been perfectly fine to use. It doesn't get rid of all my waterproof mascara so I find I have to use an eye make up remover before I use this cleansing oil. I have not used any other cleansing oils so I'm not sure if they are supposed to remove ALL your make up or not. I bought the X-mas special for this, so it came in a larger size instead of the regular size which seems small to me and you will definitely finish it up quickly. I use 2 pumps for my entire face for light make up and 3 pumps for a full face.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by Monkey87

Bumps on my skin which eventually turned into acne. I didn't realize this was the product causing the bumps since I interchange between foundations and creams... But definitely found this as the cause because I stopped using other products besides this and saw a huge decrease in the texture and quality of my skin. The only reason I liked using this was the scent and feel of the oil... and it removed most of my makeup, but still left traces (discovered only after using a toner---traces left on cotton pad). I personally will never buy this again or recommend it, this was the first oil I had tried after being scared to try a cleansing oil and I'm left with a negative perception of cleansing oils. Won't risk ruining my skin for it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2013 9:32:00 AM More reviews by Coubre

Best cleanser there is . At the start being oily I was Afraid of using an oil to cleanse I got a sample one day and used it . I wear a lot of makeup it was so amazing I only cleansed once and used it on my eyes as well all my makeup was gone and my skin didn't didn't feel squeaky clean and stripped like it did with the foaming cleanser. It felt pump and even though I'm oily there was no oily residue . I have been using this for 2 years now and will continue

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by Duinnie

I really love this cleansing oil. It removes my makeup right away and has that soothing smell in it. I felt that it has made my skin smoother and softer over a few weeks too. I have travelled with it for a few times now and I was anxious at first that it might leak, but so far it still hasn't. Overall I'd recommend this cleansing oil and I'd probably repurchase after my first bottle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2013 5:40:00 AM More reviews by MissusJones

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

All in all I like this cleansing oil. This was my first foray into Bobbi Brown skincare and I'm very satisfied thus far. It removes my makeup very well, I use it alone quite often and don't follow it with another cleanser (don't know what the general consensus is on following cleansing oils with alternate cleanser?) I've talked to some folks that do and some that don't. About 99% of the time I don't feel I need to do so. In its product description on Sephora and Nordstrom, it says this oil is for removing non-waterproof makeup but it seems to do a fine job removing my waterproof mascara as well. I love the smell and the blend of oils, and I don't find it to be drying at all. I suffer from dehydrated skin rather that dry skin and I don't find that it exaggerates my dehydration like some cleansing oils I've tried. Its also not very moisturizing either, so Id label this one as basically neutral...not drying yet no added moisture either. After 2 weeks of use, my skin does feel softer however. I like the packaging too. The pump locks into place and I've traveled with it twice so far with no leaks. My only minor complaint is that it's super runny and the slip isn't great...so it takes a little effort to avert a messy situation when applying...However that's minor and won't keep me from repurchasing. So far this oil is my favorite but I have only tried this one, MAC, Josie Maran, and Chanel's comfort cleanser which is a gel/oil concoction. I think the Chanel cleanser was the only one I'd say gives this one any competition, but I can't justify spending $95 on cleanser when product such as this do just as good a job! Thumbs way up for now!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by jaycarr

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first cleansing oil I have tried and I must say I am very pleased! I purchased this for roughly $32, and it has 6.7fl oz. The price is actually comparable to MAC's cleansing oil, being a few dollars more and slightly larger. I have oily-combo skin. I use this dry as directed, and pump 2-3 in my hand and massage into my skin. Then I add a little bit of water and really massage the makeup away. It removes all traces of my mascara, foundation, eyeliner, lipstick, etc. with ease! Afterwards I tone and moisturize. It rinses away cleanly and has no smell I could detect. I do open my eyes while cleaning and it has never, ever irritated my eyeballs or face. Afterwards I feel cleansed. Not oily, not dry, Just normal. So worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2013 9:50:00 AM More reviews by hberlin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you don't have sensitive skin, you should definitely try this. It could be your HG. It takes off ALL my makeup and it balances my skin out really nicely. No oily forehead the next day, not too drying and makes you feel squeaky clean. I'm not acne prone, but I get the occasional blemish. I've been blemish free with this one so far, which was a nice surprise.I have sensitive skin so I went with this particular cleansing oil because it was scent free. That said, there's still something in it that my skin doesn't like. It is said to reduce redness, and it definitely doesn't. It even increases mine a little bit. So sensitive skin, back off. All others- you should definitely give this a try.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by ChloeYoung

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have the same problem with other reviewers about the tiny little bumps and clogged pores. It's the one and only downside of this high-end removing oil,but enough to stop me from buying another one.
Such a shame for Bobbi Brown, making a lot of not up-to-par skincare products.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by dellywoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

When I first used this I loved it. A couple of pumps spreads easily all over my face and I love the feeling of massaging an oil on. It removed makeup well and I had no issues with my face feeling residue-y. Within a few weeks however, I seemed to develop dry patches above my eyelids, between my brows, and on my chin. I'm not sure which oil in the mix is causing this but clearly the balance just doesn't work on the drier areas of my face. Won't re-purchase, but I have friends who love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2013 10:45:00 AM More reviews by Elisonia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

A lot of my friends swear by this! They say it is simple to use, gets rid of all make up including eye makeup and leaves your skin feeling subtle. All of these things are true, it does get rid of all traces of makeup and breaks down foundation really well as well as takes away eye make up. But for me, along with those benefits also came tiny little spots and bumps all over my face and especially the cheeks, where I rarely break out. They were not quite pimples, but small fluid filled bumps. My skin looked dirty and so uneven, never had that before! I thought at first it was just my skin going worse before it goes better as the oil might be purifying my skin and purging out the badness. But after trying it again the same thing happened and I stay far far away from this cleanser. So odd as it works so feel for many others, but It left me looking like I had been attacked by tiny moles all over my skin who built hundreds of tiny molehills. Ew.