NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene, Glycol, Glycerine, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinal Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Dis-Butydimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan, Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methylhdantoin-2-Imide, Phenoxyenthanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polusilocone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa, Glycuosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocpherol, [ /- (May Contain): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].

Ok for starters, Calvin Klein discontinued their makeup line. I was wearing their 3in1 in "sand". It was the perfect winter color for me (in the summer I had to buy Clinique even better in honey to get the right color when I'm tan). CK one was a light to buildable medium coverage.

I was very saddened having to start searching for a new foundation as I finally found one after years of searching. I spent 3 weeks trying foundations and returning them almost DAILY. I tried EVERYTHING (Lancome tiente and BB cream, Juice, Too Faced, IT BB and CC cream, Tarte, Younique, MAC, Clinique, Bobbi Brown, Urban Decay, the list goes on.) Every time I tried something new it failed miserably in coverage, in how blendable it was, the color, in how it oxidized or stuck to dry patches, etc).

I noticed all the amazing reviews for the NARS Tinted Moisturizer and was going to settle on that. I got to the store and the SA recommended NARS sheer glow foundation. I don't have the best skin right now so I was looking for light to medium (I do not like the look of heavy every day makeup). I quickly whipped my phone out and looked at reviews. They seemed mixed but I said what the hell, I'll try it is since I need more coverage right now.

The SA matched me to Santa Fe (medium with peachy undertone). To be honest, I am not sure to this day my undertone. My parents are from Europe and have that medium olive skin tone. I have light/medium with golden/reddish undertones. Up until yesterday, I didn't know that is pretty much what "peach" undertone is. The color is definitely the right undertone but to say it's for medium skin tone? That I don't know. I would say this is for someone who is a little bit lighter than I am because even with the winter upon us, this made me look ghostly white by itself. I added a tiny bit of my Clinique even better in "honey" and voila, perfect match. I could see if the Medium dark peach would match but I think it will be too dark and to be honest, the closest place that sells NARS is 30 min away and I just don't have the time to try and get matched again. Like all others have mentioned, this is neither sheer nor glowy, but adding a dab of the Clinique gave me that really nice glow. So here are the pros and cons and what I thought about the makeup.

PROS:
-Texture: Smooth. LOVE how blendable this is! I have always used a stippling brush or foundation brush to apply foundation but the SA said NARS products are "heat activated" so apparently it's easier to blend using my fingers. I smiled and thought "yea sure", there is no way I am going to use my fingers. Tried it out with my stippling brush and half the product was soaked up and my face was streaky. So I blended with my fingers and she was right. Perfection. I couldn't believe how well it covered and how easily by just using my fingers!!!!!!!
-Coverage: Light to Medium. Covered most my acne and just had to dot a little concealer which blended beautifully. Basically when it "sets" it has room for movement to add concealer.
-Smell: Didn't notice any strong smells
-Tone: Matched my tone very well, but need a little bit more darker color so I have to mix
-Wear: I've had it on for about 6 hours and so far so good. I added NARS bronzer which I have used for YEARS and tarte blush. Feels very light too! Very beautiful.
-Finish: Semi Matte

CONS:
-I do have to mix with Clinique to get the right color but need so little of it that it's not a deal breaker.
-No pump. I wasn't offered to buy a pump at Nordstroms. I didn't know there was an option to buy one because I total would have however for that money I think it should come with one.
-So far no break outs.

UPDATE: No, no, no!!!! So sad to say that while this foundation looked amazing indoors, this looked just awful outside. My best friend immediately told me that this was WAY too pink on me, it looked like I was wearing a ton of foundation, and as the day wore on the makeup totally wore and looked splotchy and uneven and every pore was visible. I couldn't WAIT to get this off my face. I did get a sample of the NARS TM. I put that on instead and MUCH MUCH better looking foundation. I will review once I see this in true light.

I bought into the craze with this foundation after watching many artists gush on about how wonderful it is. It was my first high end foundation, so I thought it was a little pricy at $69AUD (with pump).
Many say it is not sheer, nor does it make their skin glow. Every time I've used this dewy-satin finish foundation it has given me a subtle glow. I lightly dust a mattifying powder in my t zone where I don't like too much shine and my makeup breaks. I touch up once after about 3 hours with powder. I do not recommend this foundation for oily/oily-combo skin.
This foundation is very easy to work with and very blendable. Comes in variety of shades, so it will match all undertones and skin tones. It is buildable (2 coats does just fine) without looking too cakey.
I've found that I only wear this foundation if I am in a humid environment or (if I'm at my dry home) if I'm going out to dinner or a date. This foundation settles into pores, lines, and attaches to my extremely dry spots after about 5-6 hours (with primers), so I only wear it for a few hours.
It has medium-full coverage with only 1-2 coats, which I'm very pleased with. Works OK with flash photography, depends on the lighting of a room.
Overall I am very happy to wear this foundation for any short events, however, I would not recommend this foundation to oily/combo men and women.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this because it looked absolutely amazing on my 52 year old mum and looks amazing in flash photos too however using it myself it just wasn't as good! I would probably repurchase as it's possible that the shade just wasn't quite right for me...

I like this foundation a lot but I don't like the fact that you have to buy a pump. It doesn't break me out and it was pretty easy to match my NC25-30 skin tone.

This used to be my go to foundation. I loved how it looked on my skin. For reference, I have dry combination skin. It looked so natural and lovely. However, the longevity on this foundation isn't good at all. Doesn't last past lunchtime. I normally put on make up at 7 a.m in the morning before work. Also there is a lot of transfer with this foundation. Won't stay put all day even with a primer. Don't think I will be re-purchasing after I finish my next bottle!

PROS:

1.Looks lovely and natural on the skin.
2.Good medium coverage.
3.Leaves skin glowing.

CONS:

1. No SPF.
2.Does not come with a pump. Pump must be bought separately.
3.Transfers a lot.
4. Expensive.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I really like this Foundation! It gives a (surprisingly) a lot of coverage for my acne prone skin! I like that it feels comfortable and light on. The shade selection is awesome, I have extremely pale skin and I have a hard time finding a perfect match. The packaging is luxurious and looks beautiful. I wish it would have a pump!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This foundation offers the glow I was looking for (I`m 54) without the shine. I do need to refresh my oily skin with a powder mid-day since this doesn`t counteract the oily skin I was born with. It is pricey but there`s a lot of product in that bottle. I don`t mind the fact that there is no applicator, it just means I can get to the bottom of the bottle without worrying that I'm wasting some of it with an applicator that won`t scoop up the last few expensive droplets!
I use my fingers but a sponge is probably better if you want to camouflage larger pores.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I'm.an nc42. Firstly I.couldn't get a.decent match without mixing 2 shades. the closest Syracuse was too beige/cool.
And.even on my normal skin I found it didn't sit on my skin well or.blend properly. it wasn't very glow either. Waste of money.

this foundation gives me amazing coverage and makes my skin look absoultly flawless i know if im having a bad skin day this product will make it into a good one.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I'm obsessed with this foundation. Its very light and I always forget I have it on, especially those days where I have little makeup on. It goes on so great, I always use a beauty blender when applying and I feel thats the best way to apply this. I got color matched at Sephora, and this wasn't one of the ones that popped up for my color but the sales associate pulled this one and we tried it. When I looked at it, the color looked way too light, but she applied it and it was a perfect match. I get so many compliments on my skin when I wear this!

Video Reviews & Tutorials