April 23, 2014 | 2100 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2014 12:45:00 PM More reviews by BeautyGeniusJ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Right, so! In this foundation, I am the shade Stromboli, which I find to be a perfect match! I find MAC foundations to be slightly too yellow for my skin.
I find the coverage for this to be sheer to medium buildable, which is absolutely perfect for me, depending on what kind of look I'm going for! It hides all of my redness and I absolutely love it!
The first time I wore this, I plain and simple didn't get on with it. I set it with a mineral powder and decided to leave it alone, not touching it up throughout the day. I found that my skin became incredibly oily after wearing it for a few hours.
The second time I wore it, I used all the same products in the same regime beforehand again, then applied my sheer glow. I then set it with Ben Nye's banana powder and found that it stayed fine for 6 hours! No oil slick skin!
I absolutely adore the finish of this foundation. As a girl who always had oily skin, I always stuck to completely matte foundations. My skin is now balancing out to normal/combination, so I decided to give Sheer Glow a chance! I do not regret it at all.

The only cons I have is that seeing as though it is so pricey, it doesn't come with a pump, and the bottle is pretty small. I find these to be the only disappointing points.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2014 10:13:00 PM More reviews by tiny101

I have oily, acne-prone, eczema-ridden skin (with a hint of rosacea). My skin has cleared up quite a bit recently though, so I figured I'd try a foundation with lighter coverage. The only good thing about this foundation is that it looks like skin when applied properly; the finish is quite nice (with a powder!) and looks much more natural than my usual Estee Lauder Double Wear or Dior's Forever Flawless. Oh, and the other pro is that it doesn't oxidize on my skin.

[ CONS ]
- Is difficult to blend out properly with a brush or a beauty blender (looks cakey/odd)
- Emphasizes any dry patches on my cheeks
- Doesn't hold up for more than 1-2 hours in the T-zone without a primer
- Broke me out just a little around the nose
- Foundation doesn't come with a pump

Needless to say, all of the cons far outweigh the pros, so I would not repurchase in the future.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2014 1:58:00 AM More reviews by grinchy73

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have acne prone, combination skin,moderately oily in summer
shade;siberia

i apply with real techniques buffing brush and set with mac studio fix powder in nc15, i LOVE this foundation for the first hour (looks beautiful on the skin and reflects light like no other fpundation i have ever tried its super brightening)after that it separates and looks very patchy,the weather is warm at the moment i will try using this again in the wintertime when my skin wont get so oily during the day,for the price here in new zealand $89.00 this for me is pretty expensive, this sits at the back of my draw and is very rarely used,however this shade range is extremely amazing! i really struggle trying to find a foundation that matches me ( i am VERY pale) the shade 'siberia' matches my skin so well i don't even have to blend it down my neck!-

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2014 11:24:00 PM More reviews by cloz90

Love this foundation! I have super oily, acne prone skin. This foundation is my Holy GrAIL! However I must set it with a powder. I use mac MSF. These two paired together leave me with a perfect high coverage finish. I only wish I could wear this powder with it everyday, but it breaks me out. I use MUFE Pro finish powder to set it every other day, with no skin problems. I also use benefits poreFessional primer on days I need extra staying power.

I went hiking up a mountain for 6 hours. I was sweating profusely and it started to rain heavily in the last few hours. Once I got back to the car, I thought for sure, all my makeup would have come off.. But to my surprise, it was almost perfect! GO NARS.

I apply with my fingers for fuller coverage. I tried applying it with my sigma F80 and beauty blender, neither of which worked for my desired amount of coverage. The real techniques expert face brush is the only brush that worked.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2014 10:28:00 AM More reviews by charlyTT

This foundation is very runny, and if your looking for it to cover up any blemishes or marks it won't you'lll have to pack it on your face and then feel weighed down all day not worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 2:26:00 AM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So, do not let the name confuse. I feel this is neither sheer, nor glowy! I was looking for something to replace my MAC Mineralize Satinfinish (which they discontinued on me. UGH) and I thought....WOW this is going to be IT! Mineralize Satinfinish was indeed sheer and have a wonderful glow to it...Nars Sheer glow is more medium coverage with a skin like finish. It's not glowy, not matte...it gives you skin the look of...skin! So, in that aspect I think its great because most people would like the finish....even if they're oily or dry. It has a decent coverage, good for someone with minor imperfections in their skin. Due to the excellent shade range in this foundation I think almost anyone could find a match that would melt perfect into their skin and hide blemishes, dark marks or discoloration. My current match is Stromboli, which is about the same as MAC NC35. When Im lighter I use Punjab which is close to NC25. Both have more of a golden undertone that blend seamlessly with my skin. I do hate one thing...having to purchase the separate pump! Whenever I go to Nordstrom or Sephora they're are always out of the pumps and I just never end up with one...its annoying pouring the foundation out of the bottle. Besides that, no other complaints. It doesn't break me out, it last a full 10 hours at least on me...I have normal skin, and it looks natural. I like to apply with a flat top stippling brush, and buff out from the center of my face to my jaw for the most natural look.

TO ADD-If you mix a lil Sheer Glow with LM Radiance Primer it DOES get a beautifully sheer glow, similar to my beloved Mineralize Satinfinish...in case anyone is looking for that type of product. It gives a similar look to YSL Touche Eclate foundation, but doesn't break me out like TE does. Hope this helps someone else as it has me. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 2:44:00 AM More reviews by ilali

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THE FORMULA:
NARS Sheer Glow is very fluid in texture . It is great for DRY SKIN. The coverage can be sheered out to very LIGHT but is BUILDABLE to a medium coverage. It does give a beautiful GLOWY effect.

THE COLOR RANGE:
NARS has a very generous shade range. My shade is STROMBOLI - a warm medium shade with strong yellow undertones, perfect!

For reference I am SHADE 6.5 in Giorgio Armani, NC35-40 in Mac and in between TAWNY and Rattan in Estee Lauder.

APPLICATION:
I applied this with a BEAUTYBLENDER. Big mistake. This is the one foundation which I have had bad results with using a beautyblender. It is best applied with a paddle brush or fingers.

STAYING POWER:
This foundation had DECENT staying power. It holds up well on dry skin but I can imagine that oilier skin types will get greasy unless they use a powder over it.

THE VERDICT:
I'll be buying this again, I love it!

Checkout my BLOG for more info and PICS on this foundation: http://arwaselixir.blogspot.com.au/

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2014 8:52:00 PM More reviews by mandagangsta20

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love this foundation! It was a dream to blend into the skin and makes you skin so beautiful and glowing! Only two problems. I have oily skin so I have to powder after 2-3 hours. But I have to say, it held up longer than the sheer matte! And I still haven't found my perfect shade! I thought that I would because there was a good colour selection, but my face is goldenish while my body is olivey, so I have to match it to my body and they don't have that shade! I can live with it though! I really recommend this foundation for special occasions because its expensive and you don't want to waste it, and it gives your skin such a beautiful finish!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 6:43:00 AM More reviews by Amoregan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this foundation! I'm in the colour Sante fe, the application is fantastic and you don't need loads for good coverage. I'll be swapping this for my studio fix fluid I feel it gives a nicer finish and as I said you don't need loads. Would prefer a pump but apart from that amazing product!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 6:15:00 AM More reviews by ddsama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Nars Sheer Glow in Punjab
I bought Nars Sheer Glow liquid foundation in Punjab (Medium 1) for SGD70 after discount (usual price: SGD72 + pump SGD10). In terms of price, higher end foundations in Singapore usually hit about SGD70, but most usually come with a pump. Like most people, the fact that you canít put the cap back on after the pump has been inserted just annoys me to no end. I think it makes better sense and is more environmentally-friendly to make the product with only the pump already inserted, and no cap. That way, if you need more, just remove the pump and pour out what you need.

That aside, I really like the foundation itself. The name here is a bit misleading Ė Sheer Glow isnít actually sheer. Itís closer to medium coverage and can look cakey fast if Iím not careful and go over the same area more than twice. Skin needs to be well-moisturized, but not too oily in order to get the best wear out of the product. If skin is even a little dry, the foundation will cling to dry patches and emphasize fine lines and pores. But thereís too much moisturizer or sebum, the foundation will give up the ghost by lunch. But if you can get it to work with you, itís very rewarding Ė skin looks believably even and fresh.
The Ďglowí is very subtle but you can mix the foundation with illuminator to amp it up.

Regarding colour match, I would say that Punjab is the closest thing to perfect for me. I donít wear MAC but I know my MAC match is close to NC30. My colouring is soft (low contrast), deep (darker rather than fair) and one foot over the border into cool. Punjab is described as having golden, peachy undertones, but I think not so warm that cool beige or olive complexions will look dull with it on.