December 21, 2014 | 1147 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2014 8:48:00 PM More reviews by recklezjam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have very dry skin and found that this foundation does cling to dry patches abit. What I love about this line is that it has many shades to choose from and i was able to find an exact match -Ceylon. It does oxidize a bit so be aware and test it out on your skin. The coverage is sheer to medium. It feels good on but at this price I rather find an alternative. Packaging is also not great as it doesn't come with a pump even though you are paying $60 for it! Not sure why they wouldn't include a pump considering every other major brand does. Finish is actually not that glowy at all. I find that i don't even need to powder afterwards.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2014 10:25:00 AM More reviews by zrichley

First impression of applying this foundation was great it went on smoothly and looked flawless with little foundation but good coverage but throughout the day it really clung to the dry patches of my face and didn't wear very well at all it was patchy by midday, applying another layer made it look cakey and made my skin dirty looking. Can't say i would purchase this foundation again it's definitely not my type of foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2014 1:15:00 AM More reviews by furbilicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love how this foundation looks on me. It provides buildable coverage, with a dewy soft finish, perfect for covering any scars or acne. I especially love how it blends perfectly with my Nars concealer. (I use Stromboli for my foundation and Ginger for my concealer). Depending on the look that you are going for, I would recommend setting it with a translucent powder, but 80% of the time I don't.
Cons would definitely be the fact that this great foundation is just so damn pricey. Also, I am not a fan of the packaging, I wish that it came in a pump, but of course that would be extra.
Nevertheless, I have a difficult time finding a foundation that matches my skin tone and provides the coverage I require. And lets keep it real, Nar's products rarely disappoint.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by meglovesbeauty

was so happy to purchase this foundation!

as a lover of YouTube sensations (Pixiwoo, Zoella, Tanya Burr etc.) I just had to try this as they rave about it and when they use it in tutorials their skin looks flawless!

I don't have a Nars counter close to me so had to wait until I made a trip into London and I brought this at Space NK for around £35.

I love love love this foundation, it applies so smoothly and I'm genuinely so surprised with the coverage! It's a buildable medium!

The finish of this is beautiful on my skin, I have normal skin that can sometimes have a few dry patches in the winter and this just makes my skin look super healthy and bright!

I would recommend using a setting powder with this foundation though as my t-zone starts to become slightly oily about 2/3 hours after I've applied it, although I find that any foundation with radiance or glowing properties does the same.

The only bad thing about this is that you have to pay extra for a seperate pump. I'm not bothered whether or not a pump is included I can use the right amount either way (this foundation isn't so runny that it pours out) but for the steep price I feel you should be given one perhaps seperatly in the box so you have the choice but this is just me being picky and you can pick up cheap pumps from eBay or amazon if you felt you needed one.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by WhatHG

I had to join just to write a review on this product.

I bought it as I had seen so much hype about it, and I had been searching for the perfect foundation. My skin is sort of on the combination side, my nose gets a little oily occasionally, but it is also dry and can flake as well. (weird?).

I went to get this stuff and had it tested on me in store. When I saw it on, I thought it was streaky and cakey as hell.. however the make up artist used a paddle brush and I always think they leave stuff looking cakey. So out of politeness and giving the product the benefit of the doubt, I bought it in siberia.

No matter what I do with this stuff, it just looks absolutely disgusting. Its hard to blend, even with your hands it still looks streaky. This stuff will stick to every single dry spot on your face, also, if you have a bit of fair hair on your lip, it will make you look like a man. It clings to everything!! i cannot believe the hype of this stuff, it is absolutely awful!!

ive tried applying with my hands, my sigma f80, real techniques buffing and expert brush.. nada.. nothing can make this stuff work. Ive tried with primer, without, always wash and moisturise my skin before hand. The stuff just makes my skin look even worse then it did before. I would not recommend this to anyone, because i believe even if you do have oily skin, this stuff will find some dryness on your face and show it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2014 10:37:00 AM More reviews by Coebags

My new HG foundation. It takes a lot to wow me with foundation, I've used MAC, Estée Lauder, Laura Mercier, YSL etc. This is a combination of good coverage with a dewy finish, but it's definitely not glowy. It's very hard to explain but it just makes my skin look great! I don't need much concealer and I just feel "polished" . It does need setting with powder but that's the case with most foundation. The lack of pump doesn't bother me in the slightest but I agree that it shouldn't be something you have to pay extra for.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2014 1:02:00 PM More reviews by bees333

This is the worst liquid foundation I've used to date. It hurts to spend that much money and have it not work out.
The texture was strange? I felt I was smearing oil on my face but it was making worse any dry patchy skin. It dries down quite quick and is matte. There was no glow to it.
Far away I think the foundation looks a little nice on the skin, but when you get up close, it's dry, cakey, cracks, bad bad terrible, ugly. It sits on top of the skin awfully and in the pores. I kept using it and trying to make it work. Have now given up. There is not a nice thing to say about the formulation of the foundation. I like the bottle though, it's sleek and pretty to look at.
I have it in deuville, it's not a perfect match but the best match out of the shades available for my nc15-20.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2014 9:04:00 PM More reviews by angelriggs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought the Nars tinted moisturizer over the summer (st moritz) and loved the flawless finish it gave my dry skin. I've been curious to try sheer glow but wanted to wait until my summer tan faded and I got back to my natural color. I researched swatches on makeup alley and Google and figured I was either Punjab or Fiji. I went with Fiji since it was lighter and ordered online during the Sephora VIB sale. For never actually looking at the product in person, Fiji is dead on. It matches my face exactly. Without makeup on, I feel like I'm neutral in tone and slightly olive complected. I get about an NC 42 in the summer. Now that being said, Mac has never been able to match me when I'm lighter. A couple years ago, I was matched to an NW 20 in the studio sculpt and last year, matched to NC 20 in Mineralized Moisture. They both look pinkish when switched with Fiji and they're both much lighter. Neither one is a good match for me. I have extremely dry sensitive skin and have had no issues with this foundation. I use the Too Faced Hangover primer with it for added moisture. With or without a primer, it lasts long after my 9hr workday. I don't set it with a powder. It doesnt move on me and powders always seem to dry my skin out more. I wish it had a "glow" but every foundation I've tried looks completely matte on me once it sets.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2014 9:47:00 AM More reviews by bbarfield12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation on a whim, just to see if it would work for my problematic skin. I have a tall order when it comes to foundation and up until this I haven't been completely satisfied with a foundation. My order- I am oily, but I hate the way matte foundations look on my skin. I like my foundation to look like skin/satin finish. I also have hyper pigmentation scaring from acne in the past on my cheeks that is a real concern when wearing makeup. It can either be covered or accentuated depending on the formula. I have to have a smooth finish with my foundation or it's a no go for me. I like for my foundation to last for a long time and to not look oily as the day goes on. I must say in the beginning this foundation didn't quite fit the bill, but I made one little change with this and it's perfect (applying cornstarch with a powder brush underneath the foundation). It applies so smooth and blends beautifully. I absolutely love the finish. I have tried other foundations even after purchasing this one, and I continue to go back to this. Because my skin is oily I do have to put some cornstarch on my face underneath the foundation, a tip I got from a fellow reviewer. I don't mind doing this because it truly helps keep my oils at bay and I can just enjoy the foundation without worrying about that. My favorite way to apply this is with a beauty blender as it gives the most natural finish.

The only draw back for me is...I have to mix 2 of the shades to get a perfect match. This is a pricey foundation so I had to spend nearly $100. But again for me it's worth it considering the graveyard of foundation I have that just doesn't work for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2014 4:04:00 AM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Sheer Glow is a bit of a weird product for me. It's been in my foundation rotation for the last four years or so. Initially, I didn't care for it much but I always come back to it. I suppose that's because in comparison to the other foundations I have at the present, Sheer Glow seems to be the best.

The SA at Sephora did a fantastic job of picking out a shade for me. The shade I've been wearing for years is Stomboli. The shade is actually a perfect match. I've even worn it when I've gotten a little darker in the summer months and it still looks fine. Coverage is pretty good as well. I generally like sheer to medium coverage as anything heavier looks cakey and settles into the weirdest places. It won't completely erase flaws and does very little to cover my purple undereye circles but I think it does an excellent job of evening out my complexion and making me pretty close to having excellent skin. As for the "glow" aspect, I really can't tell. There's no glitter or sparkly bits which I appreciate. I just tend to lean more towards any product that proclaims to be glow-y because even though my skin is naturally tan, I still tend to look sickly without foundation. If you're looking for something that really imparts a glow, I wouldn't recommend this. I think the staying power is also pretty good. I use MAC Prep and Prime primer under this which helps but I've often worn it without primer and the staying power is still great. I also haven't experienced any breakouts using this.

While I do like this foundation, there are some downsides. First, the price. This is $60 which can make you whince but it does last quite a while as only a small amount is needed. As stated, I tend to rotate my makeup out of boredom so my last bottle lasted a good two years. It never broke down, began oxidizing or grew stinky either. Second, this comes in a glass bottle without a pump. That was one of the reasons it initially irritated me because dealing with no pump foundations just gives me the blues. It's one extra step I don't need plus, the mouth of the bottle always gets cakey and covered with product. In fact, the top I had on the last bottle ended up cracking. I don't know if this has always been the case but a few months back, I discovered that NARS sells a pump for this for $6. Sephora is always seemingly out of them but I got lucky and got the last one about six months ago. Having this foundation in pump form makes all the difference to me. It's a bit annoying to pay extra for the pump considering the already high price point but thems the breaks.

Overall, this is a decent foundation. It's pricey and the bottle is a pain without the pump but I think it's a sound investment.