NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 8/9/2015 10:23:00 AM

This accentuated my dry patches and did not hydrate my face, despite being a "glowy" foundation. I have combination/oily skin. I would not repurchase. It was hard to apply also. I find the NARS foundations to be super annoying to apply and I don't like having to do so much for such an expensive product.

on 8/8/2015 9:06:00 PM

Bought this as a new daytime make up. Well disappointed. Way too light on me. Next shade up, way too dark. It settled into my skin, finding every little crack my skin had to offer! It was very bad around the nose and eyes... Every line was amplified. I wore it twice ever and the bottle now sits on my dressing table - it's just not a great foundation.

on 8/8/2015 4:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation was recommended to me by a makeup artist that said would work with my sensitive skin. Unfortunately that wasn't the case. I've given this foundation a couple tries and it always seems into irritate my skin. Besides that, it's a full coverage foundation that I feel leans towards the "cakey" side. I found that it settled in my fine lines. You can definitely do better.

on 8/2/2015 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

At first it seemed perfect and people had complimented how my skin was glowing. My skin is dry/combo, acne-prone so it seemed to cover all my spots, scars and was the perfect colour.
A month down the line the colour was suddenly much too pale for me so now I have to mix it with different foundations, it lasts okay but after a night out, barely anything was left on my face despite the powder and concealing. It also started to look a bit heavy but that's probably because the colour suddenly didn't match me.
Also, the packaging is terrible because it doesn't fit straight into the box you buy it in as the cap, lid, whatever, doesn't twist perfectly onto the bottle which is very weird, and it's hard without a pump sometimes because shaking it makes a mess.
At first, I thought I'd found the perfect foundation but it wore out within a month. I'll try different foundations now but let's just say I wouldn't mind buying this again in a different shade if no other foundation works. Not too bad but definitely not the best

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this foundation so much, my only critiques are that its a bit annoying that you have to pay extra to buy a foundation pump. Its also odd that the name is 'sheer glow' but the finish in my opinion isn't so glowy its more of a matte finish which i dont mind too much. besides that i do love this foundation and would definelty repurchase

on 7/30/2015 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is a great foundation, Does not settle into lines. You will look dewy, get over it. Get a good primer so it doesn't slip off and set well. IT is nice for everyday, and letting your freckles show through, or for evening and events- this with a beaty blender is a dream, or a spear number 56 brush. do not set while it is still So wet- you will cake.
let this bake on the face for 8-10 minutes before setting it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

In my quest for the HG foundation, I came across this highly raved and much-loved foundation. Unfortunately, it didn't meet my expectations. For reference, I have dehydrated combination skin with an oily T-zone and I have some dry patches on my cheeks, minor post inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH) and redness to cover. I have light, olive skin with very warm undertones which is around NC18-20. Other foundation shades that match me are Bourjois' Healthy Mix Foundation in 52 and Kanebo's Powderless Liquid Foundation in OC-C. I received a sample of this in the shade 'Deauville'.

Firstly, the shade was yellow but leaned a little peachy for my liking and it was very difficult to get a hold of the lighter shade, Ceylan. After I had done my whole face, I could see a slight orange colour and a slight variation in colour between my neck, which is very warm and yellow, and my face.

The foundation is medium coverage and the formula is buildable. It doesn't completely cover all my PIH unless I decide to heavily cake it on. It gives a beautiful satin finish when applied but I like to set it with powder as I tend to get oily. It does cling to dry patches but this is not the fault of the foundation - it is a skin problem.

Wear time is OK. Foundations are really YMMV and for me, this made me oil up - fast. After 4 hours on a cold winter's day, my face was quite oily - cheeks, nose and particularly, my forehead. Thankfully, the foundation didn't separate everywhere.

Overall, I found this foundation to just be alright. I couldn't even imagine wearing it on a summer's day as it would make my face an oil slick. However, I think people with dry skin and little to cover will find this a delight to wear due to its beautiful satin finish which mimics the natural luminosity of skin. Definitely try before you buy as it's quite pricey ($68 AU).

on 7/26/2015 8:11:00 AM

I gave into the hype and purchased this foundation in Mont Blanc.

I must say that while it is one of the best foundations I have ever used, it is not my holy grail foundation as everyone promised me it would be. However, I would purchase again with little qualm on price for product because no matter what kind of day I am having skin-wise I can pop it on and it looks great.

I would recommend it for everyone to try at least once.

on 7/23/2015 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Well, well, well. I FINALLY purchased this foundation after wondering about it for years. I love buying foundation, but recently I have been wearing Dior Flawless Perfection (or whatever it's called lol) in 031 sand. I was getting really low, so I decided it was time to switch it up. I went to Sephora and purchased MUFE in 123 and didn't like the way the color looked at all, so I returned it and got this in Stromboli. I LOVE this foundation. It makes my face look sooo good. I have decent skin to begin with, but I have pinkness on my cheeks and dry skin. This covers it well without being cakey and does not cling to dry patches. This just looks so amazing on and, for some odd reason, has made my always tough application of NARS blush look amazing too. It says in the instructions (I always read inserts just for kicks) to apply it with your fingers so the foundation can warm up. I don't though, I use a damp beauty blender. I think I have found my HG! I also bought the concealer in Ginger, so I'll be reviewing that soon!

ETA: It does not come with a pump, which sucks! I had to go back to Sephora and buy one for $6. Doing this makes the lid useless, which sucks. I know I just have to turn the little thing to lock it, but I like my stuff to have lids! I'm already paying $50, so having to buy a pump separately is ridiculous. Who actually *likes* having to pour their foundation out?

MY NARS SHEER GLOW FOUNDATION!
IS HONESTLY AMAZING!!

I completely love this product I have been through 3 bottles since my first and have never looked back! If your a girl who enjoys high coverage and foundation that lasts all day I highly recommend this product for you!
It is so easily applied, I personally use a beauty blender or my Orange Real Techniques makeup brush for a photofinisher look.

The only reason why i didn't give full marks for the packaging is because it isn't sold with a pump. You have to buy a pump separately for $15 which isn't that bad. However when you're paying around $60 for foundation you expect it to include the pump as would a $12 foundation from coles.

xoxoxoxo