NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene, Glycol, Glycerine, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinal Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Dis-Butydimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan, Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methylhdantoin-2-Imide, Phenoxyenthanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polusilocone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa, Glycuosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocpherol, [ /- (May Contain): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].

I bought into the craze with this foundation after watching many artists gush on about how wonderful it is. It was my first high end foundation, so I thought it was a little pricy at $69AUD (with pump).
Many say it is not sheer, nor does it make their skin glow. Every time I've used this dewy-satin finish foundation it has given me a subtle glow. I lightly dust a mattifying powder in my t zone where I don't like too much shine and my makeup breaks. I touch up once after about 3 hours with powder. I do not recommend this foundation for oily/oily-combo skin.
This foundation is very easy to work with and very blendable. Comes in variety of shades, so it will match all undertones and skin tones. It is buildable (2 coats does just fine) without looking too cakey.
I've found that I only wear this foundation if I am in a humid environment or (if I'm at my dry home) if I'm going out to dinner or a date. This foundation settles into pores, lines, and attaches to my extremely dry spots after about 5-6 hours (with primers), so I only wear it for a few hours.
It has medium-full coverage with only 1-2 coats, which I'm very pleased with. Works OK with flash photography, depends on the lighting of a room.
Overall I am very happy to wear this foundation for any short events, however, I would not recommend this foundation to oily/combo men and women.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this because it looked absolutely amazing on my 52 year old mum and looks amazing in flash photos too however using it myself it just wasn't as good! I would probably repurchase as it's possible that the shade just wasn't quite right for me...

I like this foundation a lot but I don't like the fact that you have to buy a pump. It doesn't break me out and it was pretty easy to match my NC25-30 skin tone.

This used to be my go to foundation. I loved how it looked on my skin. For reference, I have dry combination skin. It looked so natural and lovely. However, the longevity on this foundation isn't good at all. Doesn't last past lunchtime. I normally put on make up at 7 a.m in the morning before work. Also there is a lot of transfer with this foundation. Won't stay put all day even with a primer. Don't think I will be re-purchasing after I finish my next bottle!

PROS:

1.Looks lovely and natural on the skin.
2.Good medium coverage.
3.Leaves skin glowing.

CONS:

1. No SPF.
2.Does not come with a pump. Pump must be bought separately.
3.Transfers a lot.
4. Expensive.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I really like this Foundation! It gives a (surprisingly) a lot of coverage for my acne prone skin! I like that it feels comfortable and light on. The shade selection is awesome, I have extremely pale skin and I have a hard time finding a perfect match. The packaging is luxurious and looks beautiful. I wish it would have a pump!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This foundation offers the glow I was looking for (I`m 54) without the shine. I do need to refresh my oily skin with a powder mid-day since this doesn`t counteract the oily skin I was born with. It is pricey but there`s a lot of product in that bottle. I don`t mind the fact that there is no applicator, it just means I can get to the bottom of the bottle without worrying that I'm wasting some of it with an applicator that won`t scoop up the last few expensive droplets!
I use my fingers but a sponge is probably better if you want to camouflage larger pores.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I'm.an nc42. Firstly I.couldn't get a.decent match without mixing 2 shades. the closest Syracuse was too beige/cool.
And.even on my normal skin I found it didn't sit on my skin well or.blend properly. it wasn't very glow either. Waste of money.

this foundation gives me amazing coverage and makes my skin look absoultly flawless i know if im having a bad skin day this product will make it into a good one.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I'm obsessed with this foundation. Its very light and I always forget I have it on, especially those days where I have little makeup on. It goes on so great, I always use a beauty blender when applying and I feel thats the best way to apply this. I got color matched at Sephora, and this wasn't one of the ones that popped up for my color but the sales associate pulled this one and we tried it. When I looked at it, the color looked way too light, but she applied it and it was a perfect match. I get so many compliments on my skin when I wear this!

I really wanted to love this foundation but it just didn't suit my combination skin. I thought that since my skin is dehydrated at the moment it might actually work but definitely not. I'm a nc20/25, the SA tried to convince me I was pink undertoned, not in 25 years of wearing makeup have I ever been told that!! Anyway I settled on deauville which is neutral but it was too pale, it looked quite ghostly. I needed something warmer. I applied it with a beauty blender (primer underneath) and it just looked greasy from the start which got worse over the course of the day. It settled into fine lines, accentuated every pore and separated on my oily areas. Would not recommend for combination or oily skins.

It's very pricey at €41 and doesn't come with a pump (had to purchase one in addition to the foundation for €4). Thankfully I was able to return it so didn't waste my money.

Video Reviews & Tutorials