October 24, 2014 | 1584 users online

Powder - Clinique - Superbalanced powder makeup (spf 15) [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2012 4:29:00 PM More reviews by RhianFudge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this product but sadly i broke out after using it.

Loved the grinder container as gave just enough makeup and kept everything powder free on my dressing table and in my handbag.

Really good oil control, didn't have to touch up until well into the day.

Sadly though my sensitive skin couldn't hack it, perhaps it is because the main ingredient is talc, a shame, had it not brought me out in spots, then I definitely would have been rebuying.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2012 3:57:00 AM More reviews by a71744

Love this powder. Givese perfect natural coverage with my clinique concealer. Very hygienic package.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2012 2:47:00 PM More reviews by Froozygirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

OMG Crap alert!!! I honestly don't understand how oily skin people use this thing. I have tried it again and again and it just refuses to co-operate. For starters, I was matched to Natural 4 for my NC35 skin, and it looks red if I apply too much. Worst of all, it tends to accentuate my pores - they look huge from miles. As for coverage, it's not great either - but it's a powder, what would you expect I suppose?? The brush that accompanies it is crap too - though I have to say, when I used it, it gave me more coverage than when I used a normal powder brush, so this might be the little secret. In any case, it did absolutely nothing to keep my shine-free even for an hour, and it feels more like a waste of money. When will Clinique do something about those makeup shades anyway?? They are on the pinky side, they make you look really red...Argh!! I really wanted to love this product, but I don't think it will happen any time soon...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2012 4:07:00 PM More reviews by sensitiveskingirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this. Great coverage and it looks so natural. I was getting the dreaded forehead crease, and my other powder foundation seemed to make it show more. I switched to this and it looks so much better. I still have the wrinkle, but it is less noticeable.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2012 12:25:00 AM More reviews by lllauraxoxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wear the superbalanced powder over my liquid foundation and i really love the natural matte finish it has. I also really like the coverage it provides. It can be quite cakey so its best to start off light and see if and where you need more. I have combination skin and by about midday my t-zone is a bit oily and shiny the powder maintains its staying power in this area but to the touch my t-zone is oily and the powder will come off easily when touched but if i just leave it alone it stays well and doesn't look bad. I really like the grinding mechanism but when you get to the end it looks like you still could still get a few full face applications out of it but the grinder won't reach it anymore which is a bit annoying coz it's a waste so I really don't like that.
    It is also expensive, well worth it but I go through so much so probably good for anyone who doesn't want it for full face everyday.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2012 3:21:00 PM More reviews by almondeyed1988

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

It's crazy how this product has such glowing reviews but it didn't work out that great for me. I initially bought this foundation because I wanted a product that would be lightweight during Texas summer and would be able to handle some of my oil and offer me some spf. The first negative thing about this product is the color range. I'm around a NC45 and I was matched to 7.0. It looked darker than my skin tone when I got home so I went back to try the 6.5. 6.5 is a closer match to my skin but it has a strong yellow undertone. I have neutral undertones so it looked a bit strange. In addition, the packaging says that its sheer to moderate coverage foundation. I found that if you try to build it up, the powder will not blend into the skin and it ends up just laying on top of the skin in a really weird way and does not look at all natural. I first thought maybe my kabuki brush was too dense, so I ended buying another. I also ended up getting MAC Prep and Prime spf 50 because I thought my drugstore primer was affecting the application of the foundation. I soon found out that it wasn't the brush or the primer but the amount of product you put on. You have to put a very very light dusting of the product on, and buff it in well (surprisingly, even with a light dusting the coverage is pretty decent). Also with a light dusting, the yellow undertones don't stand out that much, but I do have to blend down my neck so it looks natural. After figuring that out, the powder looks natural but it still causes problems. First of all, I love powder foundations and I'm used to them transferring on clothes. But they barely do any transferring. You can barely touch this foundation and it will transfer like you rubbed your face intentionally. It's extremely annoying. In addition, it settles in my laugh lines even when I buff the product in. I have to rub them so the lines don't stand out as much. It does okay with oil control. I am combo/oily so it feels nice on my cheeks and it doesn't promote oil. It's not particularly oil-controlling though. The packaging is ingenious, but I would not purchase again. It sucks because I have alot left and its been a couple months since I've bought it. This was supposed to be my everyday summer foundation but it's too high maintenance and annoying for me to use every single day. I would say the only good thing is that its good for those hot days when you want to have something lightweight and natural on your face. But I will not repurchase. I just got Clinique's Stay Matte which is absolutely a new fav!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2012 6:23:00 PM More reviews by munchkinhead

The arrange of colours in this foundation is quite limited, there isn't enough yellow based powders, instead it is quite ashy and grey. The mua choose the closest colour to my skin type (NC30) and it is ok, but I need powder on top to give me back some colour. Powder make up in general is great for the summer, lightweight, breathable and doesn't make you breakout in spots. However if you have combination/ dry skin, it isn't so great, it can also enhance your pores, settle in lines and show flakies on the skin which when you look in the mirror, is a scary sight! I probably won't buy again as the colour matching isn't so great, but ok if your on the paler side give it a go.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2012 6:49:00 AM More reviews by gkitten25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this product as it can be used alone as a foundation, or as a powder over the top of foundation, If I need light coverage I just use it on it's own and if I am wearing a foundation, I used a light dusting of this to set it..and it's good for touch ups during a night out. Before this I used the Clinqiue stay matt pressed powder, and I do still like that, it's good for oilier areas of your face, but the super balanced is a much better multi tasker. I do agree with a previous poster that moisturising is ke,y as it will sit on top of any dry areas, but if your skin is a bit oilier, like mine, and you moisturise your drier areas well then it will go on really well and make your skin look great. I like the twisting top as well, it is good to get just the right amount of powder, the only draw back is you can't get to that little drop at the end when it's nearly done, but apart from that..great product, have repurchased and will again soon, I usually find that mine lasts 2-3 months with nearly everyday use.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2012 5:17:00 AM More reviews by jooliaax

This product has great coverage. I really love this product when I moisturise; however, if my skin looks a bit dry and i apply this powder then it appears slightly cakey. My friend, who has oily skin, looks almost flawless when she applies this powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2012 8:03:00 PM More reviews by AzryahIanna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love love love this product! The last powder foundation I used was from avon and that was quite a few years ago. I had to stop because i didn't like the shades available for me and the finish was very un-natural and made me look so obviously covered in powder.
    With the superbalance I don't have any of these issues. In this particular foundation clinque only have 2 or 3 colours for black women and colour 7 matched me perfectly! (It may have changed, I was on the website today and it looks like my colour is now a 6.5).
    I have acne prone skin and an extremely oily t-zone so I have to powder my face throughout the day regardless of what foundation I use, but I've found with this one it doesnt 'melt away' and my coverage stays the same all day.
    I don't wear very much of this foundation, I use concealer to cover up all my acne scars and put this on top for that extra coverage and to blend everything out and the finish looks lovely and natural!
    I think it helps with my oil control and doesn't clog my pores as much as my liquid foundations!

This is going to be one of my 'must have's and I don't think my makeup bag will ever be without it! I honestly can not fault it.