November 24, 2014 | 976 users online

BB Cream - Etude - BB Magic Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by llaw

I got this bb cream in the oily version because it was the only Korean brand bb cream I could find without whitening effects. However, this bb cream clogs up the pores in my nose and is a little too white for my skin. I am a pretty fair skinned Asian, but it still made me look whiter. It gives light to medium coverage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2012 4:30:00 AM More reviews by NewWave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the best BB cream I have tried and also my go-to foundation for work. What not to love? Excellent coverage, moisturising and does not darken throughout the day. It seriously holds untill I take it off, and no other foundation stays more than 4 hours on my oily face. This is the only tube of bb cream I have ever used up and will gladly purchase again. I get the excellent color match by mixing it with lighter/darker foundations for winter/summer. No breakouts and dry patches from it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 10:14:00 PM More reviews by RollerGirl1978

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was my first BB cream. i purchased it off of Amazon, and it was very reasonably priced at $9 for 35ml. It comes in a tube with pump top, not my favorite, since it won't stand u on its own, but that it pretty trivial. Also, people will complain about this packaging wasting product, but I don't care about that either, since I like to buy stuff, and hardly ever use something all the way up anyway.

I wore this all summer, and even though I don't go in the sun, I guess my skintone get a bit darker. When I went back for a day to using my regular MAC liquid concealer to cover the redness on my cheeks (I was going out and wanted a bit more coverage) I felt like it looked way too cakey and white, and unnatural. For reference, I'm a MAC NW15 with a lot of redness on my cheeks that I need to cover up.

This BB cream did a nice job of diffusing the redness in my cheeks and giving my skin a nice smoothness. Two pumps instead of one gave me fuller coverage, but started to be a little too dark on my skin. It had a dewy texture, which was fine with me, since i don't have a problem with oiliness; my skin is pretty normal, especially in the baltimore summer. Coverage lasted all day and didn't feel sticky even in the humidity when I topped the BB cream with my coastal scents silicone spheres powder.

I put that I would buy this again, but I've recently purchased a bunch of samples of different BBs on Amazon, just to try out some new things, and I'm pretty fickle with makeup. it's a very good product though, especially for someone with normal skin who needs sheer to medium (buildable) coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2012 2:49:00 PM More reviews by smsine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this! Great for my dry/combo skin. Has a really nice thin but not runny consistency, but covers VERY well. Small packaging though!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/4/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by dv8tor

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin that's finally settling down after decades, except for the monthly minor hormonal breakout. This - I had the one for oily skin - had nice coverage, a convenient tube pump dispenser and wasn't too light for my light/medium complexion, but it broke me out on my chin, under my lip and on my cheekbone after one day of use. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2012 11:14:00 AM More reviews by rikiya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the one meant for oily skin but it has barely any oil control. I put on a thin layer and set it with an oil-controlling powder and I wind up all shiny within three hours. It's kind of embarrassing and you can't always run to the restroom to blot all the time, so I'm taking one lippie off for that.

I would say the coverage is medium to full. I have acne scars and red marks from healing pimples and with only a thin layer of this BB cream I have them pretty much covered (to the point that they're not noticeable unless someone is standing way too close). It makes me pretty much flawless looking right after I put it on, even with it's poor oil control I find all my flaws still hidden after a full 8 or 9 hour day.

The colour is too dark though, and I have the sneaking suspicion it oxidizes and gets progressively darker throughout the day. I'm around an NC20 and it makes my face look orange compared to my neck.

I wouldn't buy this again because of the poor oil control and the fact that the colour is completely off for me, but for darker skin ladies with dry/normal skin, I think this would be perfect for them because it really is a great bb cream with good coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2012 12:50:00 PM More reviews by Monseter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

It's too white. I purchased the one for oily skin and it's supposed to "change" to match your skin color but it just made me look like a geisha. I'm hispanic so my skin is pretty dark but not EXTREMELY dark so I figured I could put a powder on top of it and contour and it would look fine but it didn't work like that. I looked sick and ghostly. The packaging is nice (my boyfriend even went out of his way to say that the packaging was really pretty) and the smell is good too, it smells like "korea" (again, according to the man). I really wish I could like it but as I said the color doesn't match me one bit and I got oily after an hour of wearing it. So all my brown ladies out there, stay away from this unless you're mixing it with foundation but what's the point in doing that if it won't do anything good for your skin being on top of a primer and being mixed with a bunch of chemicals?

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2012 6:02:00 PM More reviews by Bexiekun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my second BB cream. After using the Missha Perfect Cover BB cream for several months and loving it, I wanted to try another one. I got this from ebay for around £5 GBP - dirt cheap!

I have the version for dry skin (the dry skin one is the PURPLE tube. There's another for normal/oily skin, which I think is in a blue tube). I've only used it for around a week, but I already love it. It goes on easily, blends well, and gives good coverage. Just like the Missha cream (and I'm guessing most BB creams are like this) it can look a little dull and ashy at first, but give it a few minutes to oxidise and it's fine.
My face does also feel softer while it's on, it's quite moisturising, which is what I'd expect from a BB cream made for dry skin.

It also lasts very well. I put it on this morning, went out to do some shopping, got rained on... didn't take it off until around 9:30 at night and my face still looked perfect. It also gives a nice, natural finish.
I couldn't see any different shade options, so this might be one of the BB creams that comes in only one shade. I use Missha #23, and this seems to be almost the same, maybe a little lighter, but it still matches my skin tone perfectly fine. (Sorry, I don't know my MAC NC thing. So I can't put that for reference.)

I'm still not quite sure whether I prefer this one or the Missha Perfect cover. I'm thinking tomorrow maybe I'll wear this on one half of my face, and the Missha on the other half, and see how they compare. :P

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2012 2:05:00 PM More reviews by Believeinmagikx3

I've tried many bb creams and this one is just average. The coverage is great, there's a slight medicinal scent to it which is bearable but the oil control isnt there--my face gets shiny midday. I've been alternating between bb creams to experiment and so far so i'll definitely update the review after trying it for longer. It doesn't look like it improves my skin and it's slightly a bit too light when it sets for my skin. The packaging is super cute though!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by bsteves06

I bought this off ebay for about 10 shipping included and i love it. i have combo skin with red marks from acne and this just covers everything so nicely i barely need concealer over it. I'm not sure if there are different shades, the one i have matches my light skin perfectly