January 30, 2015 | 1188 users online

Pressed Powders - E.L.F. - Complexion Perfection

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2013 9:45:00 AM More reviews by lara90

I use this everyday before school, my skin has annoying redness which I use the green and yellow for, the pink is amazing to set concealer under eyes. Texture is very soft and nice.
I think my complexion looks pretty dull after use, which is what I also find with other redness-erasing products , but I guess thatīs the point, right?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2013 9:15:00 AM More reviews by raggie92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Warm, and mainly intending it to be a setting powder/blot powder. It doesn't really add color to my face. It's an okay neutralizer and blot powder.

I find my Missha bb cream last a lot longer with this set on top, and I don't oil up as much when using this powder. Usually, my foundation is gone by midday. I have also used its individual shades to set concealer and tried to do correcting, it didn't work out.

I use ELF Studio Powder brush to swirl all shades and pat it on my skin after bb cream and correcting minor flaws with concealer. There is a lot of fall outs when you swirl the powder together, but it's okay for me. I like the fact it has subtle shimmers in it to make my skin less flat but still quite matte-looking.

Definitely repurchase, and I will try the cool tone one as well just to see if it helps in correcting redness better.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Yamiek

If you buy this don't expect it to neutralize your skin tone like it says but this is GREAT for oily skin. I have an oily t zone and seconds after I apply this it soaks up all the oil. I love this product just for that reason alone

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by honeybeesting

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is basically a translucent powder. It's actually pretty finely milled and I like the texture a lot, but don't expect it to really even anything out or deliver any coverage that you wouldn't get from a translucent pressed powder. I kiiiiiiind of saw a difference when I used only the yellow part on my undereye circles, but it wasn't convincing. That said, as a translucent powder it's not half bad, so it may be worth getting for that. I also liked the packaging a lot, as it's a nice, sturdy-feeling compact with a big mirror. Anyone who uses drugstore cosmetics knows what a pain the packaging can be, but this is a nice one.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by marielnoyb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm not sure if it neutralizes anything, but whenever I wore it people asked me if I was feeling OK. It just made me look ill.

The packaging looks OK, but the mirror fell off after about two weeks.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2012 1:07:00 PM More reviews by beautyforless

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you are looking for full coverage, this isn't the product for you. I use this over my foundation to cover any leftover blemishes that my foundation didn't get, and it works pretty well for that. And as far as the price, it can't be beat. $3! It's a steal!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by rosalynxrawr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This powder didn't neutralize anything. I didn't expect full coverage, but it didn't even have slight coverage. Individually, the colors did absolutely nothing. Swirled all together, it is a little better but definitely doesn't look natural or smooth. The powder just sits on top of the skin and doesn't blend into looking natural. It also broke up into tiny pieces inside of the compact without being dropped. I guess for the price some would love it but why not put that $3 towards a better quality product that actually works.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2012 10:01:00 PM More reviews by IvyMcFever

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

for the price, it is definitely worth a try. I find it works by balancing the color on my skin without looking mask like. If you are looking for a heavy duty concealer to cover everything, this is not it. what is does is balances out discoloration by neutralizing redness , sallow complexion or dark circles. they are sheer in color. These colors aren't meant to cover up your skin. You will be disappointed if full cover is what you are looking for. I Find the coverage rather natural looking which is what I am looking for. The packaging is sturdy and amazing. I cannot believe the low price for the fine quality . Does exactly what it's supposed to do on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 8:41:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

Wow, I was shocked that I loved this powder so much. I use the yellow square over my under eye concealer with a small fluffy brush. Then I take a large brush to swirl into all of the colors and lightly swipe on my T-zone. Seriously, it lasts all day and goes on less chalky than my Lancome. It's very translucent, but somehow the colors work just enough. I will repurchase - always love the nice ELF packaging. So sturdy and classic looking.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2012 5:53:00 AM More reviews by KeoDiamond

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use the yellow & pink to set my concealer under the eyes. Totally neutralizes my dark circles and adds extra coverage to my concealer routine. I use the green to neutralize my hyperpigmentation around my cheeks and nose area. I find that it works better to spot treat vs. using all the colors and applying it all over my face. The powder is very chalky, and can make my face look white and cakey. It can also settle into fine lines and accentuates them really easily. So I use a different powder (Cargo BluRay) to set my under eye concealer, then put the yellow & pink color of the ELF powder on top of it. This method conceals my dark circles to almost 100%. I don't really use the blue shade, but sometimes I use all the colors to do a light dust on the middle of my forehead and down the nose. For the price, this stuff is not bad. I would probably re-purchase because it only costs $3 and it does its job when applied right.