Dior Diorshow Mascara

3.4

Aqua, Glyceryl Stearate, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Strearic Acid, Copernica Cerifera(Carnauba) Wax, Silica, Gyceryl Stearate, Isostearic Acid, Triethalonamine, Glyceryl Hydrogenated Rosinate, PVP/VA Copolymer, Hydrolized Keratin, Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum(Fragrance), Diazolidinyl Urea, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Isobutylparaben, Geraniol, Citronellol, Cinnamyl, Alcohol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde.

Not that good of a mascara and I'll tell you why: Because it's a waste of money.

If I wanted a mascara that dries up quick, takes at least 3 layers to make a noticeable difference, and a brush so large you can't get to the root, and that smudges your top lid, I'de buy something cheap from the drugstore.

The hype around this mascara is the pretty packaging and the fact that it is 'Dior'.

To be fair I will admit the shade does have a somewhat dark black pigment but it did take me a few applications to get the effect and technique right. It does not preform a standout job for thickness or saturation/length though.

Final Verdict: Never again!

on 7/5/2015 3:47:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I really like this product from two points of view:
First, i always seem to have trouble with how the consistency of mascaras transforms over time. After 2 or 3 weeks of daily usage, i find the formula of many mascaras (both cheaper and more expensive ones) deteriorates - it becomes dry and starts to clump and it seems to me that it is running out (i have to note that when i am using the mascara i am NOT pushing the brush back and forth into the tube, as i know this makes the air get in and contribute to drying the contents of the tube, nor do i leave my mascara opened for a long time. but i do apply two coats every time.) I've been using Diorshow for a month now, and there is barely any sign of drying out or clumpiness.
Second, the result of applying tow coats is amazing - it offers lenght and volume like no other, it doesn't run out, and after 12 hours looks 95% the way it looks at application time. And although the coats i'm applying is very generous, i don't end up with lashes that are stuck to eachother to form that "spider legs" look that i totally and completly dislike, but with thick, separated lashes, that form a voluminous set.

I must note that the brush is indeed big, but for me that is a big plus because i have big eyes and lashes, though I can see how the size could be an inconvenient for smaller eyes.

on 6/30/2015 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Yuck! I got a sample of this mascara when I purchased some nail varnish and when I first applied it, I thought it was fine but really nothing special... separates and coats but adds no fullness or 'flutteriness' to eyelashes... the brush is also really big so it's tough to reach all of your lashes (particularly at the corners of the eye). Not something I would want to buy again anyway just based on its effect, but THEN my eyes started stinging and watering like crazy, by the time I got to work I had teared away most of my eye makeup! Definitely NOT a mascara for moderately sensitive eyes... if you don't have sensitive eyes, I still wouldn't recommend it, there are a lot of far superior mascaras out there.

on 6/22/2015 3:05:00 PM

Nothing special. Definitely not worth the money. My lashes are quite long and full so I don't need some special product to emphasize them, but this mascara simply doesn't do anything. After a week already it got dried and I had clumps in my lashes. I've tried so many mascaras that give better results, whether cheaper or more expensive. I will not re-purchase most certainly.

on 6/14/2015 5:26:00 AM

Pretty good mascara! My lashes immedietly curl and plump the second it comes in contact.
But, for the price, I just wish it came with higher quality brush.. It's not very good at seperating my lashes.

Going to keep hunting for the perfect mascara.. If all else fails, this will be the one.

on 6/7/2015 4:08:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is by far the best mascara I've ever tried. It just gives the right amount of beauty to the eye. Non- clumpy, amazing curling effect, non-smudging, and the best of all: it doesn't feel heavy on the lashes like most mascaras out there. However I'd rather give up all the benefit and not buying again coz it's too expensive for a product that inherently has a short life span. I'm not a fan of mascara as well. So I'd rather go for some good quality drugstore mascaras that work not as good as this but do just fine.

I quite like this mascara.
I hate the brush size.
I have deep set small eyes and the big brush its a total disaster. I'm either spreading the beautiful black(est) formula all over my face or poking myself in the eye...
Luckily they have the iconic, the catwalk etc etc
I think, with the packing, the everlasting and most striking formula i have come across, this really is worth the money of all the high end mascaras.

on 5/18/2015 12:18:00 AM

This mascara gave my lashes the volume I was looking for. However, I did experience some mascara fall out during the day. It was an okay product, but for the price that you pay it isn't really worth it. You could find much better mascaras for much better prices.

on 5/17/2015 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is awesome! I lerve it!

on 5/6/2015 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

bought a GWP size through a reseller online, so that might be why the formula seemed to dry out very quickly. That said, I think it's overpriced for what you get. For me, the brush is too big and unwieldly for my cobweb-thin, sparse eyelashes (thank you, menopause), especially on the lower lashes. What a mess.

Video Reviews & Tutorials