September 21, 2014 | 1941 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Mascara

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2014 9:58:00 PM More reviews by Beth3346

I finally tried this mascara after seeing it recommended in so many magazines. I normally like Dior but for me this mascara is totally overrated. It looks clumpy and irritates my eyes.

I kept trying to make it work since it was so expensive for mascara but every time I wore it my boyfriend asked me if I was drunk because my eyes were so red and watery.

I had to give up and throw it out. Total waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 7:45:00 PM More reviews by AprilShowas123

Best eyeshadow for volume hands down. Been purchasing the blue & black for years in regular (by that I mean non-waterproof) it's a go to product.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2014 11:06:00 AM More reviews by gwinni

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

One reviewer warned others not to buy this "cult favorite." I so, so regret not taking her advice.
I splurged on Diorshow after reading a particular celebrity uses this mascara to create lush lashes. Later read elsewhere the same celebrity uses Maybelline mascaras! It wasn't just the star who swayed me. I also read many makeup artists use Diorshow.
Imagine my excitement as I unscrewed the cap. Then out pops this large, clunky brush that reeks of roses. Why put fragrance in mascara? Why? It's senseless and irritates eyes.
I've used dozens of mascaras - low and high end. Diorshow was one of the biggest letdowns ever. The wand is long and hard to work with. The brush is too big. The wand and brush together are unwieldy. It's difficult to coat smaller lashes and I won't even attempt bottom lashes.
The results? My lashes are blah even after two or three coats. It darkens my lashes, but they hang there with a heavy, crusty feel. You KNOW you're wearing mascara. My lashes don't look lush. Diorshow did not open my eyes, create lift/curl or provide impressive results.
IMO: You're better off saving the money you would spend on this single splurge and instead buy three less expensive mascaras that will offer much better results. Maybe the celebrity mentioned earlier in my review discovered some Maybelline mascaras outperform this over-hyped mascara. Maybelline Full N Soft and Lash Discovery are much, much better than Diorshow.
You often get what you pay for, but not with Diorshow. Save your money.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2014 1:34:00 AM More reviews by JJKZ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It is a really good mascara, to be honest I got EXACTLY same results by buying super xxl by Essence for 3.99$ !!!! Not spending 30$ again.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2014 2:04:00 AM More reviews by ilovealmondjoys

Probably one of the WORST mascaras I've ever used. People pay $25 for this? Did absolutely nothing to my lashes and the fragrance irritated my eyes. Blech--

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by ihateu

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

But for the price, I find this to be outstanding, lengthening, thickening, staying power, etc. I would buy this again, and have bought it several times, when I feel like splurging.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2014 7:46:00 AM More reviews by nickilloyd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Green

I found this mascara did nothing for my lashes whatsoever.....Most drugstore mascaras are a lot better than this! great packaging... but that's about all i can say.... needed 4 coats to see i had mascara on at all.. mine went in the bin after sitting at the bottom of my drawer for years.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by aimeexo

PROS:
- builds up volume and length AMAZINGLY
- very black formula
- packaging is sleek and simple
- brush is huge which packs more product onto my lashes

CONS:
- scent: omg it is so strong and I was not expecting it. It smells like grandma perfume
- it took about a month of daily use for the mascara to actually start working WELL. At first it was very liquidy which didn't allow volume to be built on the lashes. After about a month was when the mascara really started making my lashes look amazing
- price: holy hell $30+ for a mascara is crazy to me lol but I wanted to treat myself so I bought it
- the packaging can be annoying sometimes, I found that after a while of using it, it started to stick when I tried to open it, and it wouldn't close all the way so product began to build up at the opening

Overall, the main reason I would not repurchase is the price tag. The scent I can deal with, and it really does make my lashes look amazing. Sad that the price is so high.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by MrsNNHarb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Not going to say very much about this except I'm very disappointed, does nothing for my lashes. My drug store Almay mascara works much better! Basically I paid $25 for my lashes to smell like roses (which is just gross).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2014 12:41:00 PM More reviews by NinaSun

Meh. This product is just so-so to me. I don't really see a difference between this and some of my drugstore mascaras(L'oreal Carbon Black, Covergirl lash blast, etc) and even some mid-priced ones. The wand is nice because the bristles are big and full so it does give some good volume. The thing is that it's not particularly "great" at anything - it's just so-so in terms of lengthening, separating, volume, and definition. For the price it's not very good as I've tried some drugstore ones that are 1/3 of the price and are a lot better.