July 26, 2014 | 1723 users online

Lip Treatments - Urban Decay - Lip Primer Potion

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2011 7:59:00 PM More reviews by troubleinlipstick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Only reason this gets -2 is because it's a little drying and way too expensive for what it does.

I wear it with my red lipstick. I use it to create a smooth even surface so my lip liner can glide on way easier and it's totally great for that! But so is a one dollar lip balm.
It is a bit drying but if you add a little Chapstick with it it's not s big deal.
It's a pretty and durable package.
It goes in ALMOST clear. It glides on like a really matte lipstick. Feels like how it feels to put on my ruby woo. It didn't make my lipstick lighter. But I wear lip liner. If I wore my pink lipstick on top by itself with no liner, I can see it makes it a little lighter. I'd buy it again on eBay for the cheap price I got it. But wouldn't waste 20 bucks for something a lip balm can do.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2011 2:35:00 PM More reviews by KelseyP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Agree that this seems pretty drying, and it does not apply smoothly, and sort of tugs at my lips. What it does do though, is make a nice even surface to apply lipstick and it has increased the wear time. I am obsessed with lots of chapstick to begin with because my lips always feel dry, and this increases the awful dried out feeling. So while it does do what it says, I have to believe there are better, more moisturizing primers I might be able to identify.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2011 1:11:00 PM More reviews by nolamama10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This makes my lips way too dry. And it tends to clump in the corners of my mouth. ick.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2011 4:34:00 PM More reviews by loribezell

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used this product for over well over a year and like a lemming, bought a second tube. 3/4ths of the way through my 1st tube, I developed exfoliative chelitis, a medical condition where the lips crust over and peel dead skin in a continuous, never-ending cycle. It was so bad and uncomfortable - my lip skin was coming off in sheets. At first I thought it was related to my diet (this condition can also be tied to metabolic acidosis and leaky gut syndrome), but through the process of elimination (which took weeks), I was able to zero-in on the UD LPP. This product has some pretty drying and nasty ingredients in it and while it might be okay for occasional use, I absolutely do *not* recommend it be used with *any* regularity. Frankly, even before this condition developed, I didn't notice a significant difference when using this product relative to it helping keep my lipstick on longer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2011 11:22:00 AM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

This lip primer didn't quite live up to my expectations. It doesn't add a lot of wear to my lipstick. It helps a bit, but not enough to justify the price. I didn't find it to be either drying or moisturizing. I have much better results with Bare Escentuals Lip Revver Upper. If it came in a kit again, fine, but I would never buy this on it's own.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2011 2:57:00 PM More reviews by KeeleySiobhan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This product is alright if you either have very moist lips naturally or are using very moistening products over it, but otherwise it makes your lips dry and miserable to put any product on.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2011 6:12:00 PM More reviews by jany177

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This primer has not worked for me as a primer. I prefer Mary Kay's lip primer to this, and am waiting to try Sephora's and POP's lip primers. This one by Urban Decay simply feels like a dry chapstick. After putting on even a light layer, it prevents my lipstick from adhering to my lip and from achieving any color payoff. Some of my lip colors, quality brands, lasted much less time with this primer.The only thing I imagine this would work for is, aside from the SPF, toning down garish red lipsticks to make them more suitable for daytime. It feels a little too moist/waxy on (you would have to put on so very little to avoid this feeling that it would defeat the purpose of wearing it), and it winds up exactly like an Avon plumping SPF lip conditioner that I love -- and paid only 4.99 for. As a primer, this does not work for me. As SPF and lip protection, it's redundant -- I already have loads of that for a fraction of the price. Will update if anything changes.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2011 3:44:00 AM More reviews by kahmiel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this in the potion primer box, it does help my l/s stay on longer, but i rarely wear lipstick so i hardly ever use it. When i do its a touch drying, but it does its job.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2011 9:05:00 PM More reviews by paradoxx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a big fan of this product. I am a water junkie and am always sipping off of a bottle of H2O. This means that I have to apply lipstick constantly. I decided to try this on a whim because I loved UDPP and have been delighted with it. Now my lipstick stays on my lips and off of my water bottle. Thanks Urban Decay for another great product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2011 7:07:00 PM More reviews by faija

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I ordered the entire primer potion about 8 or 9 months ago because I had a gift card and really only used the eye primer. After using some of my MAC creme sheen glosses I noticed that my lips were looking too dark through the lip gloss. I had forgotten about my lip primer and came across it and gave it a try. It gets really dry in the tube so you have rub it across the back of your hand to warm it up. It really helps even out the color of my lips and makes my gloss and lipstick really show up, especially for the more nude colors. I'd buy again only if I don't find something better.

UPDATE: So I had to give this stuff a 4 with the 1 missing because it dries out in the tube. I bought some new lipsticks yesterday and tried them on. At bedtime I used my makeup remover cloths to try and get the color off my lips and all the color came off but my lips are still stained pink from the lipstick. The lipstick was a reg old CoverGirl so I know it was the UD primer. I have noticed that when I wear lipstick with this stuff, I only have to touch up my gloss and not the lipstick. This stuff is awesome and I'm always going to keep in my stash!