September 20, 2014 | 1134 users online

Crème - Urban Decay - Surreal Skin Cream to Powder Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2012 2:07:00 AM More reviews by Evilyn1983

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

First of all, let me say I have tried drugstore, mid end, high end, & everything in between. THIS foundation is my holy grail. I LOVE it. To death. I have OILY skin & am on a Retin-A skin care regimen, so if my skin ever looks dry and flakey it's NOT because of the product. This is the only foundation that I feel matches me perfectly. Normally I wear it in Supernova with UD's mineral powder on top, & I am flawless. Even my male coworkers have complimented what nice skin I have. When I'm more tan, I wear Hallucination. Either color is perfect. Love x 100! The ONLY cons: the amount of product & price. NOT GOOD. One compact lasts me 1 month. NOT enough. I really think UD should either drop the price for the amount they currently give, or increase the amount of product for the current price. It's too expensive to purchase every month now, so I am actively seeking alternatives. Currently using their new Naked skin foundation in 6.0, & while its good, it's not Holy Grail status. I adore the compact, but the brush it comes with is very shed-prone. Other than that, I LOVE this product!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/29/2012 2:43:00 PM More reviews by taylorparkhill

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Worst foundation I have ever used. Bought it because I love all of Urban Decay's eye products, so I thought I would give the foundation a try. WORST DECISION EVER!
PROS:
-packing was pretty. that's about it.

CONS:
-expensive considering I have purchased drugstore foundations for cheaper that worked SO much better.
-sheer coverage (I was looking for something with WAY more coverage)
-left my skin dry and flaky. (which NEVER happens)
-wore off within just a couple of hours!
-bulky packaging. Looked cute, but definitely not practical.
-Hardly any product in the pan. You would think that such a big compact would have a little more product than that..but not at all. Hit the pan in under a month.

Just an awful purchase. Did nothing for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by CandyPerfumeGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So unhappy with this product. I bought it because i have been traveling a lot lately and I thought it be nice to just bring this and not foundation and powder. Yea that doesn't work, it has no coverage and my face gets so oily after an hour. It is definitely not creme to powder. I even tried it with powder and my face still gets oily. So dissatisfied back to the store it goes.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2012 4:57:00 PM More reviews by itslindsey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This didn't work out for me. It accentuated my dry patches quite a bit, which was disappointing because everything else about it was very nice! Good coverage, really lightweight, and easy for me to blend. Just wouldn't recommend for dryer skin types.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2012 3:58:00 PM More reviews by riotkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Pros:
-Does not irritate my skin or make me break out. For me this is probably the most important thing I am looking for in a foundation after a perfect color match

-Color matches me well. I have this in Nirvana and I'm a Light in Bare Escentials, C3 in MAC Studio Fix.

-Photographs nicely. If you have the right color it doesn't look at all obvious and it does not reflect light which can give off a white cast.

-Has a very natural looking finish, not too dry, not too matte, not too thick and chalky, but has enough coverage to even out my skin tone.

-Blends easily with a good sponge like a red Sephora sponge or a Beauty Blender. I found that brushes made it streaky and while the streaks could get blended out, the sponge was faster and smoother.

-Very portable, does not make a mess like BE does

Cons
-not much product for the size of the package. The actual pan the product is in is quite shallow and it only took a month of use for me to hit the center of the pan.

-the brush that comes with it is useless. I don't know why cosmetics manufactures even bother including these cheap applicators. They could have used the space to put more product or at the very least, made the compact a lot thinner.

-Needs a good amount of primer or moisturizer beforehand or it will settle into the pores.

-Tends the melt off pretty quickly, I'd say it looks flawless for about 4-5 hours.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2012 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Jalex

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Cannot be applied with a brush unless you mix moisturizer or primer directly into the makeup.

Does not spread well with fingers and you are left with very uneven coverage.

Very visible.

Switched to Lancome's Teint Idole Ultra 24 hr- beautiful and lasts lasts lasts!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2012 12:38:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

Just about the worst foundation I've ever tried. I got the color Nirvana which is allegedly supposed to match NC20/25; however, it i straight-up orange in the pan. On the skin, it does lighten up a bit, but not enough for me. The texture of the cream is extremely stiff and difficult to pick up on a brush, your fingers or a damp sponge. I've tried applying this on freshly moisturized skin (no primer), over a moisturizing primer and over a mattifying primer, but I cannot get an even application no matter how hard I try. It caked almost instantaneously and settled into fine lines on my forehead.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2012 3:24:00 PM More reviews by applecour

I have fair, VERY sensitive skin. It's oily in some places, very dry in others. This product being both a cream & powder keeps my combination skin perfectly balanced. Like many people with sensitive skin, I have a graveyard of 90% full foundation containers of all shapes, formulas & brands. This is the ONLY foundation that I've ever used all of. I was debating between this & Clinique's Even Better foundation. I went with Clinique because it's supposed to be perfect for sensitive skin, being dermatologist tested & what not. It broke my chin out in big painful under-the-skin bumps. Womp womp. So I ran out quickly & purchased Physician's Formula powder because it was the only thing that I thought I could really put on my skin. It didn't last long and it was very sheer, so the next day I went to Sephora & picked this up. This foundation gives excellent coverage. It's not too heavy, it doesn't look cakey, it stays ALL DAY & NIGHT! I feel that it makes your skin look perfect without looking unnatural. The brush it comes with works very well, you just have to get used to it. It needs to be buffed in circles and it'll look flawless, trust me! I find that this compact lasts about 2 months because a little goes a really REALLY long way. I only have to dip about 3-4 times during my full face application. You will still need to moisturize, because it will minimally cling to any flaking.

**ALERT! -- I have slept, yes SLEPT in this makeup (I know that's bad, but some weekends us youngin's get a little belligerent) and it had absolutely no negative effects on my skin what so ever. It also looked just as good when I woke up... can't say the same for my eye makeup or my hair, lol.

I will definitely repurchase, I just wish I could find somewhere that carried ALL the shades as I feel Illusion is a little too yellow for me.

EDIT: I bought a second compact of this because I loved it so much. However, I've realized that this is not a good everyday foundation. It's drying on my skin for some reason & shows the flakes as well. Also, I used it while I was visiting friends in NC & I got about 4 cystic acne bumps on my chin. The whole other compact went without any of that. I'm not sure if I maybe got a bad batch? Or if it was just the change in climate (which is very possible with my finicky skin). I haven't used it since we've been back in MD though, but I'll let every one know when I do (: I would still use this for going out and when I know I'm going to have pictures taken. I still love it, and it's still HG for me, but like I said, this isn't an every day product.

EDIT: I've recently used this since being back in Maryland and it looks just as good as before. No nodules or cysts since being back home. It does seem much drier than the other compact, but it still looks flawless. I'll keep it in my rotation for sure. Lasts a while when applied properly (buffed in with a light hand) and stays all day. If you've been skeptical about trying this, or have oily skin, get it. You'll love it!

EDIT: I recently tried putting MAC Studio Fix powder over top of this and it looks awesome! It makes it even more flawless. All you need is a little dusting with a big fluffy brush.

EDIT: So, I've realized that my skin has changed, or the formula has, one or the other. This just isn't working for me anymore. My skin eats it in no time and it winds up leaving my skin "crackly" looking, especially on my forehead. I'm so disappointed as these compacts run almost $40. I won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2012 2:19:00 PM More reviews by greenie106

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Excellent product. Love the coverage it provided, gives my normal skin a natural healthy looking glow. I love the brush that is included as it makes application easy and quick. I wouldn't recommend this product for anyone who has oily skin, as it can make you look a bit shinier. I will definitely buy this product again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2011 3:59:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

I like this makeup. It makes my skin look very smooth. It does photograph pretty well. I feel that the color is pretty good, but only because it's the winter. When the weather is warmer and I get a tan, I will have to buy something new. As it is, I already wear the darkest color that they sell. Even now, I feel that I look a bit pale when this is first applied. I also have concerns that this foundation won't last long, I've already hit the pan and I've had it about a month. I don't even use this daily. Considering that the foundation is $34, that's unacceptable.