April 19, 2014 | 1219 users online

Styling Products - Clairol - Herbal Essence Tousle Me Softly Spray Gel

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2011 11:09:00 PM More reviews by viniger

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok, I REALLY wanted this product to work! I am the type of person that doesn't use heat on her hair so I really wanted a product that would enhance my natural waves. First off it left my hair SOOOOOO incredibly dry it was insane! There is also A LOT of alcohol in this so that bad, and also the scent is over powering and quite annoying! so overall I really don't like this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 12:35:00 PM More reviews by f0revery0ung19

this spray gel smells AMAZING. I love how this leaves my hair soft and smooth. I like how it's not sticky or heavy. It also helps with whispies and fly aways. Another great part ? the price ! I love this, and i'm definitely re-purchasing ! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2011 12:21:00 AM More reviews by lauralovebug

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

INCREDIBLE!!! Truly. I have found my favorite hair product of all time.I have very thick coarse hair that's for the most part, pretty straight. Probably 7 years ago I had a perm and even the whole year after it kind of grew out I could scrunch it really nice and that was my very favorite way to wear my hair. Ever since then, for years, I have been trying to recreate it with out having to get another perm because they are so expensive and damaging. I tried so many different gels and mousses from high end to low end and everything inbetween but nothing could make and hold a really nice wave. Finally... I have found this amazing spray gel and it does exactly that!!! After I'm done washing my hair I spray this through and scrunch, I then flip my hair over and blow dry and scrunch at the same time. When I flip my head over my hair is totally transformed and I have all these awesome curly waves! Today was humid and normally any other gel wouldn't have the hold to keep my waves intact and I would just turn a frizzy flat mess, but they looked just as great hours later as they did when I first scrunched it! The best part... it's only 3 dollars. I am stocking up.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2011 6:13:00 PM More reviews by bethb216

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I actually went in search of spray wax but had no luck, so I picked this spray gel up instead, having always had good luck with herbal essences products. Holy moly, the smell is overpowering and entirely too floral. I left it on for 5 minutes and had to wash my hair because it was giving me a headache.

Don't bother wearing perfume if you use this. Even the nicest, most expensive perfume will be drowned out by this hideous floral scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2011 4:38:00 AM More reviews by Spider90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Black

For starters, I am a product snob. Highly skeptical, not easily impressed and constantly trying new things. I bought this on a whim. My hair is long, i straighten it then use my GHD to softly tousle curls and waves through it to give me that bedhead look. I hate hairspray as it smells and feels bad in the hair.

So, after I finish styling, I brush through my hair, use a smoothing creme then spritz this about 5 times each side and scrunch it into my hair. WOW! This defines my style more, keeps it there and smells fantastic. I also spray it into my roots and it volumizes extremely well. On the second day (when my hair is not washed), i spritz the same amount and scrunch it in to re-define and keep my hair smelling nice. It doesn't turn out sticky, oily or crunchy at all.

My search is over, I have found my HG styling product (for now!) and I even bought 2 backups today because they were on sale. Highly recommended!!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2011 4:15:00 PM More reviews by Wolfloverii

My hair is straight with poofy waves. I tried to spray my hair with this to get volume and define my waves, but it only made it crunchy and flat. I don't like this product, plus it doesn't spritz enough. The smell is okay though.

Since my hair isn't wavy, it doesn't work well for it. Will not purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2011 8:00:00 PM More reviews by tadeusz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i like this spray. my hair is wavy and i'm trying to cut down on the heat styling, so after washing it, i braid my hair and let it dry while i sleep. in the morning i unbraid and spray this stuff in, and it helps to keep the definition of my waves. i follow up with the finishing touch cream and i'm ready to go out the door. i've received quite a few compliments on my hair though i barely do anything with it!

however, the one thing i dislike about this spray (and which prevents it from getting 5 lippies), is that i feel it dries out my hair a bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2011 5:27:00 PM More reviews by ckaw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE this product. My hair has very loose waves/ curls to it and it tends to be very frizzy and pooffy, flat on the top almost straight and then big and wavy on the bottom. I was looking for a product to define and boost my waves and this did exactly that. I wear my hair wavy everyday now and it looks great. This product made my hair look wavyer/curlier and got rid of the frizz. My hair feels so smooth when I run my hands through it and it has so much more volume. This product is great for people with wavy hair and I love how it doesn't give that wet look, absolutely no crunch!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2011 8:36:00 PM More reviews by JazzyJumper17

I loveeeee this! The smell is amazing and I love how it makes my hair look "kinky" (not curly/not wavy). And it stays all day long! I just wish it gave my hair a little bit more "scrunchiness" and this might not work for straight hair (mine has slight wave) Im going to repurchase this as well as the rest of the line (shampoo, conditioner, spray, finishing cream and mousse!)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2011 5:56:00 PM More reviews by harriss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm having a love-hate relationship with this spray. It gives my fine, wavy, limp hair incredible body, but also, it makes it appear dry and a littly unruly. I stopped using the product because of the latter but then retreated back because I can't resist the volume I get from this spray. I hate using more than one product on my fine hair but have decided that I will just have to combine this with a drop of smoothing cream. I find that Garnier's Surf Hair matte cream works well as long as I only use a microscopic amount and only on the ends of my hair. Any more and my hair falls flat.