April 19, 2014 | 855 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - MAC - Studio Moisture Tint SPF15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2013 9:02:00 PM More reviews by ilikejuice

This is a great basic tinted moisturizer. I've been using the same tube for over two years now, but it's still great. The formula has not expired and it doesn't break me out. It has a nice clean, smooth application. The Medium is perfect for my light-medium Asian skin tone. The only downer is that it's not long lasting in the summer. When it's hot out and I touch my face, my hand literally just wipes off the makeup. Even when I wear sunglasses, I can see the TM that has rubbed off onto my sunglasses. I think this is definitely more of a fall, winter, and spring TM.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2013 8:55:00 AM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was pleasantly surprised by this product. I didn't think any TM would ever trump Laura Mercier but I guess I was wrong! Medium was the perfect match for me as the SA advised me that the shades ran a little light, so Light would make me look pale as a ghost. The formula is very thick but applies smoothly with fingers or a brush, and blends well. The coverage is good, definitely higher than most TMs and the finish is neither matte nor dewy, but somewhere balanced in-between. It doesn't slip off during the day which is good but like most TMs it also doesn't have great oil control, so a little dusting of loose powder is good for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by jess213

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

First off, some background on my skin: N15 (also wear UD Naked Skin fdtn in 1.0 and Bobbi Brown Skin in Porcelain), sensitive/acne-prone/combo-dry with redness.

Pros: no shimmer, light coverage, lasts about 10 hours in 95 degree heat, moisturizing but not greasy
Cons: only chemical UV filters (wish there was some physical SPF in this!)

I use the shade Light, which is a good match for me and doesn't darken throughout the day. I've used this a few different ways (with and without moisturizer/sunscreen/powder foundation/etc) and my favorite way is to use this on my bare skin and use Smashbox Halo powder over it. I won't use this on days I will be in the sun for extended periods of time since the SPF is only 20, but I love it for good skin days or when I'm short on time.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Chelseaaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! I have acne prone skin and it doesn't break me out, it also does a great job to even my skin tone without the "cakey" make up look. Would recommend to anyone who wants to wear make up but have a more natural coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2013 4:37:00 PM More reviews by madorno81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

The only reason it get 4 lipsticks its because it broke me out :( for the most part when I went and got a mini makeover at MAC its a vry nice product evens out the skin and looks natural looking and feels nice. It also doesn't oxidize unlike laura mercier and I love that T.M sadly at the end of the night it broke me out. ugh most mac face products do. Although I love their blushes, lipsticks and mineralized skinfinish in medium plus

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2013 5:08:00 PM More reviews by andreagafa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this tinted moisturizer. I got the medium tint and it is a beautiful color. I use it under Mac studio tech powder and the tinted moisturizer balances out the powder so your face looks great and not to powdery! It spreads great over the face just using your hands too!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by apkeating

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am in medical school and have pretty clear skin that doesn't need a lot of coverage on a normal basis, so I don't need a full coverage liquid foundation most days, but don't like to go bare-face. I LOVE my MUFE HD foundation in #128-medium shade, beige undertones. I'm light blonde but I tan VERY easily and I have light blue eyes, so I'm neither cool nor warm toned. MAC puts me as NW25 since they don't have a neutral family. But I didn't like the fussiness of the MUFE HD for everyday with my beauty blender. That's my favorite coverage with the associated primer (since I have medium-large pores and that downplays them) especially since I do a lot of modeling/photo shoots. I don't like BB creams from drugstores (or any drugstore makeup really) and I wasn't impressed with Smashbox's BB. I have very dry skin, and I asked the girl at MAC if the BB cream or this would be better for an everyday, finger application. She said that with my dry skin to avoid the BB like the plague. I had a bunch of blush swatches on my hand and this covered them up completely, which surprised me, meaning it covers up redness very well. Apparently it's formulated more for oily types. It's the same size/price just in case you were comparison shopping.

I put this on today with my primer from MUFE (color 0) to minimize my pores after my regular moisturizer. I was AMAZED at the coverage. It gives me the coverage I want, and I spot conceal any rogue blemishes with my CdP and undereyes with Bobbi Brown corrector. After blush I finish with UD setting spray to set it and add another layer of liquid :D

This combo gives me a quick, amazing everyday routine that is so moisturizing even hours later!!! SO HAPPY!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2013 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Elektraza86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is god awful for me because the lightest shade is so yucky on me. It's very yellowy. I maybe could use it if I had more color but for now it's a big no. I am very fair at nc 15. It's also not nice on my dry skin, I have to moisturize and then use this. So I think I'll just give it away and stick to my garnier bb cream :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by ERROUSE

This is one of the most important things in my makeup collection. My face doesn't have many blemishes or much to cover so this acts as my foundation. I love it. It gives the perfect finish. The coverage is enough to even out my skin tone and provide a moist, flawless finish. After application I set it with my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish. I've used both of these now for over a year; both products last a long time. I've search for other liquid foundations just because and nothing give me the look Tinted Moisturizer gives me. They were not my color or they were to heavy (they were drugstore brands). The Tinted Moisturizer is very light weight and the coverage is great for me. I definitely recommend it.

**Don't let the price of MAC turn you away. As I mentioned above I've used the Mineralize Skinfinish and Tinted Moisturizer over a year (brought it September 2011 to be exact) and I'm still using the same ones. I'm actually going to replace them this weekend because I'm just getting low. Maybe about 1 month left in the tube ... The Skinfinish is good though.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by traceyadwl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased this product in "Dark". When I first applied it, I was seriously taken aback by the smell...medicinal much? It smells like a Band-Aid - ick! I distributed a slightly larger than pea sized amount between my cheeks, chin, nose and forehead. Coverage was light/translucent and blended in quickly and evenly. The consistency is creamy -- not unlike sunscreen. Although not instantly impressive, the product did provide a pleasing hint of luminescence so my skin looked glowy, smooth, and not cakey at all. I had been used to wearing Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer which, by contrast, is thinner in consistency and is probably a bit heavier on the "moisturizer" side. While not as polished as the MAC tinted moisturizer, one plus for LM is that her line offers a broader color range and three formulas (including "oil free", which would beat out MAC for keeping oiliness at bay).