MAC Lustre in Hug Me

4.2

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax\Candelilla Cera\Cire De Candelilla, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Polyethylene, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Cetyl Acetate, Lanolin Oil, Cetyl Lactate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Polydecene, Beeswax\Cera Alba\Cire D'Abeille, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ceramide 3, Synthetic Wax, Synthetic Beeswax, Silica, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Alumina, Tin Oxide, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Vanillin [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine Red 6, red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 21, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake]

on 6/4/2014 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hug Me is a light-medium shade of nude/fleshy toned beigey warm pink. My lips are very reddish-berry pink, so Hue actually pulls more warm beige nude on my lips. The color is just OK. I don't care for MLBB shades. I really thought this would be a bit lighter than my lips, but no -- it's just a slightly different tone.

I would have given this a 3 or 4 star rating for the color. As I said, it's OK. Not horribe, but nothing super either. However, I HATE...HATE...HATE the consistency of this lipstick. It is so GREASY. I purchased a slew of lustres on one MAC buy, and wow do I regret it. I could eat a bucket of fried chicken with no napkin, and not have as much of a greasy feel on my lips. WTH?? Even my lip glosses are not as slick.

True, I am a matte-type of girl, but even satins are tolerable. But lustres? NO. What a mess. I guess I could just use my lip brush and only apply a teensy bit, but then I may as well apply nothing to my lips. The color won't show up.

Terrible.

I wish MAC made this shade in at least a satin. I suppose MAC Velvet Teddy (my FAVE!) is similar enough in hue. I'll stick with that.

on 5/22/2014 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love trying new MLBB lippies!! So Hug Me was a no brainer as I love Angel, Freckletone, Viva Glam (I think 5??), Blankety, Creme d'Nude, GAGA, etc. so this is right in my color wheelhouse!! MAC isn't all that more expensive than some DS lippies (I refuse to go pay US$8.99 + tax for Maybelline or more for Revlon!!), so I was making a special trip to MAC at Macys, just happened to be lemming a Paint Pot! So I got Hug Me too (yesterday). I love it! And the PP went back today to exchange Painterly for Vintage Selection, so I got Blankety today (btw which is also nice but I digress.). The SA told me that my lipstick looked "so pretty" & "beautiful on me" so I of course had to tell her it was Hug Me!! I am a NC15, freckles, medium brown natural hair, grey eyes for reference. On me Hug Me is a pinky brown MLBB without being concealer lips. Not a lot of greyness/grey cast which i hate in some nudes that they throw in some grey!! Not here thankfully...Lasting time is pretty good 2-3 hours, reapply after eating or smoking a few cigarettes. This makes my teeth look good! And I love the scent/flavor typical MAC generic vanilla. I do love vanilla anything!! I have an issue walking, so making the trip into Macy's is a big deal but this, the PP, & Blankety made the trip all worthwhile! :) the things a makeup addicted girl does for a MAC fix ;) I got a cat eye eyeliner tutorial also & I am convinced I don't look good in it! But the lipsticks are sooooo good at MAC. MAC makes theeeeee best nude shades!! :)

on 5/10/2014 10:24:00 AM

Mac Hug Me is one of my favorite MLBB colours. It has a natural tone(think a pinkish taupe if that makes any sense) and covers any and all imperfections on your natural lip. It's perfect for work or a no-makeup look. Like all mac lipsticks it has that yummy vanilla scent and has a super moisturizing formula. That said, it is a little dull. My mum had borrowed mine for a couple of weeks(she's a couple of shades darker than me and has a medium/wheatish complexion) and darker lips-she gave it back I me saying it was too dull for her. PS- On me, it's not as pinkish as it looks in some of the pictures uploaded here.

on 5/5/2014 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I've always hesitate at MAC couters for this lipstick, a very old lemming of mine. And got it las year. However I think the color doesn't suits me very well, (NC35). Everytime I want to wear I end up switching for something else. Also I find the formula too drying...

Edit: Finally I find myself really enjoying wearing this during summer! My lips are fine and I got a little tan now! In Montréal, it's -30 degrees celcius in winter so we really gets our lips chapped very easily. I guess it you live in warm weather luster lipstick formula will don't be a problem.

on 5/5/2014 7:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is a makeup bag must have!! I'm a mac nc 43 and this lipstick looks so good and natural on. Luther lipsticks are so light weight and glide on so easily giving a nice sheen to the lips!

Price is about £14.50 isn't as cheap as drugstore but not too bad as the pay off and colour of the lipstick is fab and lasts a very long time even if u apply lipstick twice a day!

on 4/22/2014 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

The Lustre line of MAC lipstick is my favourite. It doesn't feel heavy on your lips and it's also like as if you've applied a smack bit of lipgloss on top of the lipstick which definitely saves time. The colour is on of the most neutral colours you could ever have. It's perfect, it's wearable and it's honestly the exact same colour of my lips so basically when I just want the colour of my lips (which I love and completely satisfied with) for the day then I just put on this lipstick since the pigmentation of my lips did wash off because of the foundation that got onto it. But other than that- it's just a completely wearable and gorgeous colour. It looks good on pale skin, tanned skin, and even dark skin tones. It's just basically the perfect all year round pink brown for any girl and it's definitely a must have.

on 1/22/2014 9:53:00 PM

Hug Me is my first nude lipstick, $18 CAD for 0.10oz. I'm NC30 with dull lips. I tend to favour pinky MLBB shades (my HG are Revlon balm stain honey or berry smoothie lip butter) but for the new year, I wanted to try something different. I went to the store with my heart set on Freckletone but once I applied it, it didn't look right - it was too opaque for my liking. On a whim, I tried Hug Me and was shocked at how much I liked it. There is a slight scent to it which goes away after a few minutes. I always apply blistex (in the blue tub), then Hug Me and Revlon nude lustre gloss for that extra shine. The wear time is for a few hours and it won't make it through a meal but I don't mind reapplying. I'm unsure if I want to repurchase since I do want to try some of the other nude lipsticks.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I don't know what's up with me and nude lippies but I've been on a major buying spree. This one comes across as a mauve/pink/brown nude on me. And not as a white out pasty lipstick that requires work to make it WORK. For a lustre formula its not too bad. It doesn't even require a lip liner. I absolutely love it for that very reason. Takes zero work to make it work on my nc45 skintone/pigmented lips. Will definitely repurchase.

on 1/17/2014 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I asked the lady at MAC for a 'goes with everything' lipstick, and she suggested this or Syrup. I picked this one. I have used this up faster than any other lipstick I own because it really works with anything.

It's a sheer, glossy looking nude brown on me. Not quite a MLBB on me, it's a bit dark, but it's pretty subtle. I love this and will repurchase as soon as it runs out. I don't find it drying on.

This colour is really nice - it's the perfect everyday nude shade without making you look ghastly. The lustering formula makes it super moisturizing. Very work appropriate. I am NC20-25 and it doesn't wash me out at all.

Popular Lipsticks