November 26, 2014 | 1921 users online

Eye Shadow - Physicians Formula - Shimmer strips for Hazel eyes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2011 11:33:00 PM More reviews by christi4200

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this e/s alot. I have the smokey palette. With my brown eyes and medium (NC35) skin, the colors are great. I can do alot of different looks, dramatic and natural. The colors blend well together. I also like using the very tip of the eye shadow applicator to line my lower eyes with, and to fill in my brows! You do definitely need to use your own brush to apply the eyeshadow tho, and blend it. I dislike how easily these break, you certainly can't keep them in your purse, which I learned the hard way with another one of these I owned in the past. I also dislike how easily the colors get mixed with each other. The pros far outweigh the cons tho, so I still gave it five lippies! Great staying power as well, lasts all day, and all night if you wear it out. LOVE the gorgeous, dramatic smokey eye I can create with this. Good price too, you get alot of colors for ten bucks!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by ByWayofBoston

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this palette because I wanted a nice neutral collection of shadows that I could travel with. I always worry I'll lose or break my MAC palettes, so I like scoping out cheaper products that I don't have to baby as much in my purse. That, combined with a $7-off coupon from CVS, and I thought, 'why not?'

I know this palette is supposed to be for hazel eyes, but I have green eyes, and these colors look amazing on my eyes. I love the bronze/brown colors and the darker pinks, and the white can substitute for an awesome highlighter. All of the colors are sheer on initial application but are wonderfully buildable. They blend easily, last for quite some time, and have a beautiful, subtle sheen to them that just makes the eyes so lovely and vibrant looking.

The packaging is nothing great, just a simple plastic case with a flip-up lid. No accompanying mirror, and the brush that comes with the product is nothing to write home about. I've used it once or twice as a liner brush and it kind of works. Despite the lackluster packaging and the iffy brush, I am still very happy to give this product five lippies!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2011 6:08:00 PM More reviews by aharb013

I have the SMOKEY edition.
Good pigmentation.
Doesn't flake.
Wears well.
Pretty colours.
Recommended.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2010 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Jasmine7718

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have brown eyes with a touch of hazel and found that this hazel palette works the best for my eyes. In the packaging, some of the colors actually bleed into the others, making them slightly unusable. There is also a slight tendency for creasing, but don't get me wrong, the positive definitely outweighs any negatives of this product and will definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2010 3:17:00 PM More reviews by shesays514

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have brown eyes and love this palate! Great colors, but definitely shimmery! Wonderful for summer, but sometimes feels like a little much for work. I love it for travel, because all your colors are in one place. They blend well and are fun to play around with.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2010 7:49:00 PM More reviews by steffmd25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Overall I think this is a good palette. Several colors, although they are all in the same color families. The packaging is nice, imo. I honestly think PF products are overpriced, but I'm sure I got this on sale.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2010 5:56:00 AM More reviews by shieldsliu

9 colors in 3 combinations. Practical and versatile. You can mix them though.
Simple and compact package. 1 sponge with no mirror. You'd better use other brushes for better blending.
A little chalky. Lasts ok.
Nice shimmer. You can wear it to work.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2010 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Jaynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like these just fine a good purchase. Perfect as an all-in-one for weekend travel or overnights. Some of the colours are definitely more shimmery than others - and I personally tend to avoid them except to highlight. But you get a great range of complimentary colours to play with. The darker colours can be used dry as a liner, which looks very nice. These colours do enhance and compliment my hazel eyes. Like it! Price I thought was a little on the expensive side, though I did get them on sale, and the packaging is a little frustrating - sometimes it's hard to instinctively know which end to open (they open on the long side) - and I've struggled in the mornings when I'm totally uncoordinated to try and get the sucker open. These will last a long time, and I probably won't buy again just because I'm sure by the time I'm done with it, new products will be available.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2010 9:00:00 PM More reviews by KLC101790

I have brown eyes, but love love love wearing all of these colors. Brown eyes are the most versatile color to work with other colors and the different hues of pinks and smoky brown purples made my eyes pop! The staying power of these shadows is fantastic, and if I foil (wet my brush) before application, the effect is glamorous! The container lasts forever, but will be quickly used because the colors are just SOO pretty! My only gripe is that the eye shadows tend to break easily and the colors can get dirty because theres nothing to separate from one another .. like the white can get messy by the pinks and the brown purple gets into the pink.. but it's not a big deal as long as you're careful it's not something to carry around in the bottom of your purse -- you have to put it somewhere safe..

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2010 4:55:00 PM More reviews by WesleysMom25

I love the colors. I wear the two darkest colors everyday. It last all day. They were going on clearance the other day at Wal-greens so I went and bought more. I even get compliments on my eyes and they ask what color I am wearing.