MAC Sandy B. lipstick

3.9

on 9/4/2012 9:26:00 AM

This was the first lipstick I ever bought from MAC. I absolutely love the way the color looks. I have darker lips and i feel that this color goes well and matches them. Its beautiful with chapstick. Its simply and great for everyday. Ever since buying this, ive been a forever MAC fan. Their lipsticks are amazing. They dont feather or fill in creases. The price i bought it for was $15. Which compared to Revlon lipstick which runs about $8(?), is amazing. Dont buy the color if you dont like it on you! Thats the great thing about MAC, you can try on any color instead of waisting money hoping the color looks good when you try it on at home. This color really compliments brown eyed, brunettes like myself. Pair it with gold eyeshadow and you're good to go! :]

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I agree this looks best with a summer tan but if you like bright shades you could pull it off no matter what your skintone is. It's a clean, bright peachy pink with golden shimmer. I think it's beautiful and love the vanilla scent. It's very pretty for spring and summer.

My complexion is NC15, and I have dark hair and eyes. This is just too bright on me, not flattering. But I think it may look beautiful depending on one's coloring. The shade is quite pretty in the tube.

on 12/21/2011 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

The color is a beautiful golden-peachy-pink that I would have loved if it was made with a different formula (amplifieds are my favorite) but all I get from this one is chunks of golden glitter, not flattering at all. The only use for this one that I find acceptable is a light layer over other lipsticks such as hug me on the center of the lips to catch the light and spice them up.

on 12/21/2011 11:56:00 AM

This is THE lipstick to wear with a tan. When I first purchased it I was an nc15 and didn't feel like it suited me, however during the summer I was an nc40 (My skin tans like crazy) and it became my go to lipstick. It's absolutely gorgeous with a tan the dusky pink colour really brings out the gold flecks. I find the lipstick a little drying so would always wear with a gloss - I feel it suits a gloss very well anyway. I think everyone should at least try this lipstick on in store during the summer!!

on 8/30/2011 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is a frost lipstick that is GORGEOUS when you look at it in the store and swatched. It appears to be the perfect peachy-nude color, which was what I was looking for in a lipstick. However, as with other frost lipsticks this is drying, so I use my Dervish lip pencil, sandy B, and a dab of a Lancome Juicy Tube (preferably a light/pink/nude color) and it looks amazing with any type of make up and eyes. It glams up your look without being too loud for people who like wearing lipstick, but not anything with too much color. Also, this lipstick has a gold shimmer in it, which is perfect for warm skin tones. On my third tube, it is drying but the result with the combination of the other products is too good to ignore.

on 8/18/2011 8:34:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Im so sad this didnt work out for me :( I tried it on in the store & it looked so pretty (still didnt buy it though, swapped for it instead). I heard it was in the same family as Marquise D' which i wanted desperately but could never obtain. Anywho, it just doesnt have enough color for my pale lips & washes me out. Glad i didnt spend the money on this or Marquise D'.

on 8/7/2011 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Frost light coral/pinky peach. It's really gorgeous with a tan or when paired with bronzer. It compliments peach and pinky blush so well and looks good without gloss on top.

on 8/3/2011 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

MAc describes this as a light shell pink frost lipstick. To me, it's a light peach lipstick with gold frost and some light pink undertones. Rather light and in the same tone as MAC's Shy Girl but less moisturising and much more frosty. Too frosty to be used on its own and the paleness of the colour washes me out. But with the right lip gloss, it can work. I prefer MAC's Shy Girl though.

on 7/27/2011 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I love this shade! I find that it glides on (it can easily be applied without using a mirror) and lasts well. It's a versatile shade and I wear it in the day without much make-up or at night with smoky eyes.

Popular Lipsticks