October 21, 2014 | 1912 users online

Dry Shampoo - Batiste - Original Dry Shampoo

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2013 10:26:00 AM More reviews by MrMontyBurns

This was my first venture into dry shampoo, and I'm not impressed. It's hard to get just a little bit on, and as other reviewers have mentioned, once worked into my hair, it left a weird waxy feel, and also made my roots look slightly lighter in color (I have dark auburn-ish hair).

So, nope, won't repurchase. I'm going to try one made specifically for dark hair next.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2013 4:34:00 PM More reviews by KatWKSF

Like other reviewers, I've tried multiple kinds of dry shampoos. I have dyed/highlighted dry/damaged hair that definitely should not be washed everyday. But yes, the roots get oily gross and the lengths get lifeless in between washes. I have tried the Tresemme dry shampoo and had similar results with it as with this product. The Tresemme probably smelled just a tad better (but neither really smells great). I bought the Batiste in the green/blue can at Walgreens, and it was supercheap. I make sure to hold the can pretty far away from my head before spraying - just a dash or two on the top and one or two on the underside & that's it. I definitely wait a bit longer than the directions suggest (I brush my teeth or do something comparable while I wait), before brushing it in/out. I do not overbrush, just a few strokes and done...otherwise I've found my hair goes right back to flat. I wouldn't say that the volume is out of this world, but it is an improvement, and it makes my blond color look "brighter" and more clean and less dark/dirty. I tried it first years ago on my virgin hair at the time, and it did not work. Obviously, my hair has changed due to processing & now it responds positively. I plan to always keep a can on hand.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2013 10:07:00 AM More reviews by satin828

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've only started using dry shampoo a year ago and am really in love with the concept. I believe that hair should be washed & shampooed only 1-2 times a week. However, given that I have dry bleached hair and go for touch-ups every 10-12 weeks, the roots can be very greasy in between washes. The Batiste dry shampoo really helps with this problem. Do shake it very well before spraying; otherwise, only aerosol comes out of the spray. It does go on white and very visible, so I have to really rub my scalp to work in the product. Once it's on, my hair feels amazing. The texture is fine, the volume is fuller, and the product has soaked up all the excess oil. It doesn't leave any nasty residue, and the scent isn't overbearing either. I think the effect last for 1-2 days, which is all you really need. Now I can't imagine living without dry shampoo! While I haven't tried any other brands for comparison, Batiste is well-priced and works well. Give it a try if you have oily roots!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by MoodySunshine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A truly great dry shampoo, I'd suggest it to anyone! I love the cute bottles it comes in, and the product itself works really well freshening up hair. I even use it on days I've washed my hair just because it gives nice volume and softens hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 1:03:00 AM More reviews by omgVitasoy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I heard so many great things about this product before, and I wasn't completely convinced this was THE DRY SHAMPOO to buy until I tried it out for myself. I've had pretty bad experiences with other dry shampoos (they would make my hair look and smell way worse), so I was starting to be convinced that these weren't for me. After trying Batiste, I think it's safe to say that the high praises were right! The spray comes out in a white powder, and it does a good job absorbing most of the oil at the roots (especially at my part and bangs where the greasiness is the most visible). Will definitely be buying again :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Dannibee123

LOVE this! It works so well to freshen up second day hair and it smells great too which suprised me because most dry shampoos smell terrible...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by sifispec

PROS: It eliminates most grease in my hair, and makes it look AMAZING, so voluminous and fluffy, i feel like f*cking beyonce.
CONS: Like I said, I've tried nearly every type of batiste dry shampoo, and let me tell you, they all smell like literal sh*t. They smell SO BAD it's awful. I feel nauseous sometimes while using it, so air out wherever you're using it. The smells fades after a while, and I find that the worst smelling one (paisley) works the best. But, I keep buying because the effects of this product outweigh the crappy smell

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

As someone with greasy roots but dry ends, I'm always looking for ways to avoid having to wash my hair every day (which can make matters worse) and thought this would be the answer based on all the rave reviews it's received on here and elsewhere around the 'net. But what a huge disappointment it turned out to be!

I followed the instructions on the back of the can to the letter and was expecting to see good results - less or no grease, plus volume. What I actually ended up with was hair that felt dirty with a strange waxy finish and absolutely no volume whatsoever. In fact it was that bad I went straight to the bathroom... and washed my hair! Which kind of defeated the purpose of this product altogether.

I'm sure there is a market for this out there or it wouldn't be selling as well as it has been or getting the reviews it has either. But for me this is just a non-starter. I literally used it once and it's now confined to the back of a cupboard, probably awaiting the day I rediscover it, realise what it is and promptly throw it away!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 6:53:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

I'm in love with this product! I can't believe I didn't know about this before seeing it on YouTube. this product is amazing. I try not to shampoo my hair everyday (I do it every other day) because it just gets so dry on the ends but unfortunately I get somewhat oily roots. This product just gets me through my non-shampooing day.
I have dark hair and its shocking at first when I first sprayed it on because its white powder. But after I work it through my hair it disappears... Although I do notice a slight "lightness" in colour where I sprayed but it doesn't bother me :)
The smell is fine... Like clean linen.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2013 5:34:00 PM More reviews by hwnpunch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this product! I've used dry shampoos in the past and liked them ok but I found that using this directly after blow drying freshly washed hair instead for waiting for the second day not only gives my hair more body on day one it makes my hair look good on day two without having to reapply. I can now save the pony tail for day three if I'm really lazy and don't feel like washing and blow drying. This is also great for correcting over zealous applications of shine serum or products that weigh your hair down and helps preserve my color. Aside from the obvious ability to delay fading shampoos I think oil and sweat really affect my color at the roots. I've seen noticeably less fade than usual at my hair line since using this. I got this cheap and under $10 at TJ Maxx but I'd pay full price and will continue to buy.