April 23, 2014 | 1010 users online

Dry Shampoo - Batiste - Original Dry Shampoo

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Dannibee123

LOVE this! It works so well to freshen up second day hair and it smells great too which suprised me because most dry shampoos smell terrible...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by sifispec

PROS: It eliminates most grease in my hair, and makes it look AMAZING, so voluminous and fluffy, i feel like f*cking beyonce.
CONS: Like I said, I've tried nearly every type of batiste dry shampoo, and let me tell you, they all smell like literal sh*t. They smell SO BAD it's awful. I feel nauseous sometimes while using it, so air out wherever you're using it. The smells fades after a while, and I find that the worst smelling one (paisley) works the best. But, I keep buying because the effects of this product outweigh the crappy smell

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

As someone with greasy roots but dry ends, I'm always looking for ways to avoid having to wash my hair every day (which can make matters worse) and thought this would be the answer based on all the rave reviews it's received on here and elsewhere around the 'net. But what a huge disappointment it turned out to be!

I followed the instructions on the back of the can to the letter and was expecting to see good results - less or no grease, plus volume. What I actually ended up with was hair that felt dirty with a strange waxy finish and absolutely no volume whatsoever. In fact it was that bad I went straight to the bathroom... and washed my hair! Which kind of defeated the purpose of this product altogether.

I'm sure there is a market for this out there or it wouldn't be selling as well as it has been or getting the reviews it has either. But for me this is just a non-starter. I literally used it once and it's now confined to the back of a cupboard, probably awaiting the day I rediscover it, realise what it is and promptly throw it away!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 6:53:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

I'm in love with this product! I can't believe I didn't know about this before seeing it on YouTube. this product is amazing. I try not to shampoo my hair everyday (I do it every other day) because it just gets so dry on the ends but unfortunately I get somewhat oily roots. This product just gets me through my non-shampooing day.
I have dark hair and its shocking at first when I first sprayed it on because its white powder. But after I work it through my hair it disappears... Although I do notice a slight "lightness" in colour where I sprayed but it doesn't bother me :)
The smell is fine... Like clean linen.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2013 5:34:00 PM More reviews by hwnpunch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this product! I've used dry shampoos in the past and liked them ok but I found that using this directly after blow drying freshly washed hair instead for waiting for the second day not only gives my hair more body on day one it makes my hair look good on day two without having to reapply. I can now save the pony tail for day three if I'm really lazy and don't feel like washing and blow drying. This is also great for correcting over zealous applications of shine serum or products that weigh your hair down and helps preserve my color. Aside from the obvious ability to delay fading shampoos I think oil and sweat really affect my color at the roots. I've seen noticeably less fade than usual at my hair line since using this. I got this cheap and under $10 at TJ Maxx but I'd pay full price and will continue to buy.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by ritaoutt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to use this product because it has so many good reviews. I saw it mentioned a few times on a couple of different beauty youtube channels I watched so I decided to try it out. I was using the Suave dry shampoo and then tried Dove. Batiste, unfortunately does not work for my hair. It doesn't make my hair look or feel any cleaner and I don't particularly care for the smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by princessmaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Praise the heavens..I cannot live without dry shampoo!
my hair is fine and can get oily after a day. when i use dry shampoo it looks freshly washed, and i can get away without washing my hair for 2-3 days.
as my hair is mousey brown and highlighted with blonde, the whiteness of the shampoo doesn't really affect me.

TIP: massage the dry shampoo into your scalp with your fingers. if you have dark hair, they provide a range for different hair colours: brunette and blonde hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by jericalee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was nearly out of my bottle of Pssst.. (curly/wavy hair formula) so I went to Ulta to pick up some more. They were out of it so I grabbed a bottle of this without worry, assuming that it would work just the same and all dry shampoos are the same.

I'm really not impressed, It gives my hair a strange waxy texture that doesn't feel exactly clean, and the smell is alright but nothing to write home about... Also seemed significantly drying for my dry, fine hair. Didn't really freshen up my hair after a night at a smoky bar, but I understand that's a tall order so I'll forgive it. As far as volume goes my hair seemed a little lifted but I've had better results with Pssst...
The thing that bugged me the most about this product was the white chunky residue that made my black hair gray and how difficult it was to brush away (worth noting that my hairbrush was disgusting after this process and needed a wash itself). Honestly you'd be better off just dusting on some baby powder. The whitening properties of this product are just as bad, and at least baby powder doesn't give you the funky texture. They do make a tinted formula for brunettes, but that still sounds kind of gross to me, like you'd have all sorts of brown crap in your scalp.

Never straying from the Pssst... Curly/Wavy Formula again. It is completely clear so it works for all hair colors, and smells fresher anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 1:48:00 AM More reviews by freesparrow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Tried a lot of dry shampoos, and this seems to be the only one that makes my hair smell and look clean.
I have really dark brown, dry hair, and this doesn't leave a white residue or smell full of chemicals. It smells clean and fresh and lasts all day, even with my hands running through my hair all the time :)
I apply this about 5-6 inches from my roots, and spray in sections. Then I let it sit for a bit (5-6 minutes, usually when I get ready in the morning), then I rub it in, to get all the greasies out of my head, until the white powder is gone. Though I don't brush it out, this method seems to work and leave my hair clean, fresh, and volumized, with NO WHITE RESIDUE!
I like the cherry scented one and the fresh scented one. The floral one was a little too strong on the scent, so those of you who are sensitive smell or get headaches/migraines from certain smells, stay away from the floral scent.
So, if you're on the fence about this, they sell travel sizes at Ulta, so you dont have to buy the full size bottle and waste money if you dont like it. But I recommend to anyone, especially if you have dry hair and dont shower everyday, or those with oily roots, or those wanting more texture/volume in their hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 2:39:00 PM More reviews by Ashleenlababee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great product. After trying tresseme dry shampoo this one seemed amazing and smells great. No residue is left behind and your hair is left super bouncy and full of life! a little bit pricey compared to other but completely worth it !