April 20, 2014 | 1004 users online

Brows - Christian Dior - Diorshow Brow Styler Ultra-Fine Precision Brow Pencil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 3:42:00 PM More reviews by MadaLong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is by far the best eyebrow pencil I have ever used. It comes in only one color (universal brown) however, I can see how this color wouldn't be for everyone (very fair blondes, red heads). It is a medium brown color. You can press as lightly as you want for a lighter color and can really deepen the color by pressing slightly harder. It is perfect for my medium ash brown eyebrows which is probably why I love it so much. It is not greasy and doesn't slide around or wear off throughout the day. I find it has a slightly waxy consistency which I love because it then stays put! Also- I never realized until my THIRD pencil that the other end has an eyebrow comb! You just pull of the silver cap and voila! It IS a pricey product at $28 but I use it every day to fill in sparse areas (I like a very full and bold brow) and one lasts me 4-5 months. I am already on my 5th pencil that's how much I love it! Definitely recommend and will continue to repurchase over and over.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 8:44:00 PM More reviews by Deandra

At first I was skeptical of the "universal" brow color claim, but was pleasantly surprised to find that the color does blend well with my natural brow color. This is great for travel or your purse because you don't have to sharpen it; you just swivel the "lead" up and down and there is a brow brush on the opposite end hidden under a cap. If you have very dark brows or very red brows, you may not find it "universal," but I think most fair to medium folks with medium blonde to soft brunette eyebrows will be satisfied with the color. It does stay much better than my other brow pencils, and the only drawback seems to be the price, but I'm willing to pay a bit more for the convenience of not needing to sharpen.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2012 12:14:00 PM More reviews by 4Bella

Great brow styler with perfect universal brown color. Stays for hours. Expensive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by pillager13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Expensive, yes, but seems like it will last a long time. Not thrilled with the packaging--not quite sure why both the brush AND the pencil wouldn't have covers. But overall really happy with this product. I had been using MAC's brow set (mascara-like brow product), but LOVE this pencil brow styler. Really, really love it. I appreciate that I can pencil a light brow for the day and a more dramatic look for the evening. The color suits me perfectly (wondering though if it's a truly universal color?). So happy with this product--natural looking and easy to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 1:34:00 AM More reviews by BazookaBaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think the main ingredient in this product is magic. I really, really do.

I am admittedly somewhat new to the world of "real" make up (that is, makeup beyond slapping on foundation, eyeliner, and mascara in two minutes in the car) and until extremely recently I always thought that the only thing needed for eyebrows was a good trim/wax to keep them in shape, and anything applied beyond that would make you look like you had drawn them on with a crayon. Obviously I am hugely wrong, and I admit that wholeheartedly.

I came across this little gem during my best friend's wedding - her make up artist used this on her eyebrows and they looked absolutely stunning (a word I never thought could be used to describe eyebrows until then). She was nice enough to offer to let me try it, and even as a complete eyebrow novice, I was able to easily use this and get great looking eyebrows.

The trick is in a light hand - the harder you press, the darker it's going to be. The soft nature of the "lead" allows hairs to pick up color without a lot of pressure. The small size also makes it easy to fill in sparse areas or redirect the shape without making huge smudge marks in places you'd rather they not be. My hair color is bright orange red, but my brows grow in a bit darker, so the taupey brown color works great for me.

The only complaints I have are with the packaging and price. $29 plus tax is the most I have ever spent for an eye pencil, regardless of its intended use. I spent it anyway, and luckily I don't have to wear make up every single day and even when I do it only take a minute amount of product to get the look I want... so this should last me a very long time. The packaging is OK, but I really feel like there should be a cap for the business end of the pencil. Yes I like having a cap for the spooley end, but that's not the part that was so expensive. If they ever update this item, I'd like to see a second cap added!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2012 4:30:00 PM More reviews by pocky

I have used this pencil since it was first released. It's a lot like Kevyn Aucoin The Pecision Brow Pencil in Brunette. I can't imagine that this pencil will work on everyone, despite Dior's claims that it's a universal color. The color is a neutral taupey brown. I am an NC25 with darkest brown hair, but my brows are very sparse. This pencil is perfect for filling in my brows without that angry Samurai look. The lead is super fine and hard enough that it doesn't break on me all the time the way super fine brow pencils tend to do. The price is outrageous, but I can't seem to find another brow pencil that gives me the same look. I can never find KA anymore and my other go-to brow pencil, MAC Lingering, is a touch warm and so is not something I use everyday. I haven't found anything better.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by dleigh367

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

By far the best & longest lasting brow definer that I've tried. It is a little pricey, but worth the money because I think it will last a very long time. I have dark hair, but dark powders and pencils are usually too dark and make me look older & kind of severe. I bought the universal brown, which seems very neutral and flattering. I think even people new to brow pencils would find it very easy to use and get it right.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2012 2:53:00 AM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Meh. I had high hopes for this product, but I'm not impressed. I like the twist-up component and the fineness of the "lead," but there's no "universal" brow color, which this proves (it's a bit dark, no matter how lightly I try to apply it), and it's quite soft, which makes it easy to overapply. The staying power is good, but that's the best feature of the product. Give the price and my experience, I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2012 4:36:00 PM More reviews by alexnicole425

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Being a blonde with "ashy" eyebrows, it has always been a challenge to find a brow pencil that isn't too light or too dark (and red brown). I have been faithfully using maybelline's expert wear brow pencil in blonde for yearsss. although its pretty much the perfect color for me, I've noticed it tends to smudge, and after half the day ends up looking kinda creepy and fake (mostly in these hot, summer months). So today while i was at dillards i decided to purchase dior's brow styler and I absolutely love it!! It comes in universal brown (yes, brown. I was very apprehensive at first) however, it somehow magically matches your brow shade when you apply it. it truly is universal! Love how thin the pencil is - it gives me a much more natural look than expert wear did and staying power is wayyy better. I also love the brow brush on the other end. The only qualm I have with this is that there is no cap on the pencil side - it just twists back down into the tube. It goes down far enough so that the pencil won't get on anything or break, but I kinda worry about dirt/dust getting in there.. However, as of now I would still repurchase this regardless because its amazing! Well worth $29 to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by mi2092

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It was my luck to run into Dior's national artist Rita Brown at Macy's! She did a simple everyday look for me and I ended up buying this eye brow pencil (because I already have everything else she used on me). It's such a nice product to have. No need to sharpen, no need to grab a separate brush after applying. The texture is more like powder than wax. Best of all, the color is universal. Save me from killing brain juice trying to decide which color I should buy! It is easy to use even for brow shaping dummy like me. And the staying power is wonderful as well.
The only draw back is it costs 29 dollars for 0.003oz. Which is less than one gram. I think it will only last for three months. But I will repurchase for sure.