October 22, 2014 | 2065 users online

Brows - Christian Dior - Diorshow Brow Styler Ultra-Fine Precision Brow Pencil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by laurore44

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the style of the packaging, but the product color did not work for me. I have very dark, pretty much black brows. And the color of this pencil is too warm. (It's advertised as a "universal" shade, but there's really no such thing.)

Aside from the color, I think it's a great product: The tip is fine but does not break under reasonable pressure. I like that it doesn't require sharpening. The spoolie brush on the end is very convenient. And the packaging is sleek and attractive.

But since the color clashes with my natural brows, I'll be returning it to the store and I won't repurchase.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2013 12:10:00 PM More reviews by hotpa2d

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

OMG!!! I finally found my Holy Grail brow pencil!!! This is a 'universal' color, so I was a bit hesitant at first. I mean, I have tried a zillion and one brow pencils only to find that the Avon brand in blonde is the (almost) best color for my (dark blonde/highlights, fair skin) coloring. No red, I was in love. Kept stocking up when it was on sale. Although the color was perfect for me, I found Avon's pencil not always easy to apply. Like if there were a bare spot and I tried to fill in, I would somehow manage to make darker spots where I didn't want :( And I had to sharpen after every use.
But Dior's pencil 'lead' is super thin, and since it winds up, you never need to sharpen it....means no more waste! Color is truly perfect...no red!!!! From very light hand to heavier, you can control the color. Plus it even makes the strokes look like fine hairs. I am in LOVE!! Really a fantastic product, and I think I've tried them all. You must try this pencil, you won't be disappointed. It's $29, and worth every penny.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Arganique

This brow pencil is by far the best on the market! The packaging is just beautiful, and the fact that you have to "twist" it up to get the lead is very convenient. It is expensive, but it lasts for a long time because the lead is very hard, not soft like so many other pencils I tried before. It lasts for the whole day, which is nice. It's also very very thin, and because of the hardness it doesn't break, and you don't have to sharpen it. You get thin strokes every time. The shade of this product is amazing - it works for me (fair skin, blond hair), and my mom (olive skin, dark hair). So truly - a universal color. I have repurchased this 3 times already and plan to do so until they discontinue (which I hope they don't)!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by Braveheart76

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is by far the best brow pencil I have ever used! It's easy to apply, completely natural looking and lasts all day. The universal brown shade is a perfect match to my dark ash blonde brows. Fabulous and worth every single penny!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 3:42:00 PM More reviews by MadaLong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is by far the best eyebrow pencil I have ever used. It comes in only one color (universal brown) however, I can see how this color wouldn't be for everyone (very fair blondes, red heads). It is a medium brown color. You can press as lightly as you want for a lighter color and can really deepen the color by pressing slightly harder. It is perfect for my medium ash brown eyebrows which is probably why I love it so much. It is not greasy and doesn't slide around or wear off throughout the day. I find it has a slightly waxy consistency which I love because it then stays put! Also- I never realized until my THIRD pencil that the other end has an eyebrow comb! You just pull of the silver cap and voila! It IS a pricey product at $28 but I use it every day to fill in sparse areas (I like a very full and bold brow) and one lasts me 4-5 months. I am already on my 5th pencil that's how much I love it! Definitely recommend and will continue to repurchase over and over.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 8:44:00 PM More reviews by Deandra

At first I was skeptical of the "universal" brow color claim, but was pleasantly surprised to find that the color does blend well with my natural brow color. This is great for travel or your purse because you don't have to sharpen it; you just swivel the "lead" up and down and there is a brow brush on the opposite end hidden under a cap. If you have very dark brows or very red brows, you may not find it "universal," but I think most fair to medium folks with medium blonde to soft brunette eyebrows will be satisfied with the color. It does stay much better than my other brow pencils, and the only drawback seems to be the price, but I'm willing to pay a bit more for the convenience of not needing to sharpen.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2012 12:14:00 PM More reviews by 4Bella

Great brow styler with perfect universal brown color. Stays for hours. Expensive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by pillager13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Expensive, yes, but seems like it will last a long time. Not thrilled with the packaging--not quite sure why both the brush AND the pencil wouldn't have covers. But overall really happy with this product. I had been using MAC's brow set (mascara-like brow product), but LOVE this pencil brow styler. Really, really love it. I appreciate that I can pencil a light brow for the day and a more dramatic look for the evening. The color suits me perfectly (wondering though if it's a truly universal color?). So happy with this product--natural looking and easy to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 1:34:00 AM More reviews by BazookaBaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think the main ingredient in this product is magic. I really, really do.

I am admittedly somewhat new to the world of "real" make up (that is, makeup beyond slapping on foundation, eyeliner, and mascara in two minutes in the car) and until extremely recently I always thought that the only thing needed for eyebrows was a good trim/wax to keep them in shape, and anything applied beyond that would make you look like you had drawn them on with a crayon. Obviously I am hugely wrong, and I admit that wholeheartedly.

I came across this little gem during my best friend's wedding - her make up artist used this on her eyebrows and they looked absolutely stunning (a word I never thought could be used to describe eyebrows until then). She was nice enough to offer to let me try it, and even as a complete eyebrow novice, I was able to easily use this and get great looking eyebrows.

The trick is in a light hand - the harder you press, the darker it's going to be. The soft nature of the "lead" allows hairs to pick up color without a lot of pressure. The small size also makes it easy to fill in sparse areas or redirect the shape without making huge smudge marks in places you'd rather they not be. My hair color is bright orange red, but my brows grow in a bit darker, so the taupey brown color works great for me.

The only complaints I have are with the packaging and price. $29 plus tax is the most I have ever spent for an eye pencil, regardless of its intended use. I spent it anyway, and luckily I don't have to wear make up every single day and even when I do it only take a minute amount of product to get the look I want... so this should last me a very long time. The packaging is OK, but I really feel like there should be a cap for the business end of the pencil. Yes I like having a cap for the spooley end, but that's not the part that was so expensive. If they ever update this item, I'd like to see a second cap added!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2012 4:30:00 PM More reviews by pocky

I have used this pencil since it was first released. It's a lot like Kevyn Aucoin The Pecision Brow Pencil in Brunette. I can't imagine that this pencil will work on everyone, despite Dior's claims that it's a universal color. The color is a neutral taupey brown. I am an NC25 with darkest brown hair, but my brows are very sparse. This pencil is perfect for filling in my brows without that angry Samurai look. The lead is super fine and hard enough that it doesn't break on me all the time the way super fine brow pencils tend to do. The price is outrageous, but I can't seem to find another brow pencil that gives me the same look. I can never find KA anymore and my other go-to brow pencil, MAC Lingering, is a touch warm and so is not something I use everyday. I haven't found anything better.