De La Cruz 10% Sulfur Ointment

Price: $

Price: $

10% sulfur and a mix of polyethylene glycols

on 12/28/2013 6:32:00 PM

I had such high hopes about this product and I am sadly disappointed! I really wanted this to work for me but sadly it didn't. I have pimples on my cheeks and forehead, I was hoping to clear that all up and get a more clear face but it just didn't work for me. I put it for longer than 10 minutes hoping that would help a little but it didn't. The price is amazing and the smell is bad but if it had worked for me I wouldn't complain about the smell. I'm sad it didn't work for me as it did for everyone else but hopefully it works for someone else.

on 11/1/2013 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried this in hopes of helping with the redness and bumps I get with rosacea. Since my skin is incredibly sensitive, I don't know what I was thinking by smearing this on *before* doing a patch test. Lo and behold, my skin looks even angrier. Sooo, I'd definitely recommend trying this first on a small area of skin and/or leaving it on even less than the recommended 10 minutes.

on 10/30/2013 11:17:00 AM

This stuff is amazing!! I tend to go pretty extreme with my acne products and irritate my skin, but this time I decided to follow the instructions (sort of-left it on for 30 min) but I did not leave it on overnight. At first I thought it wouldn't do a thing if it wasn't left on overnight, but boy was I wrong. My face is clear of pimples (both cystic and regular) after a week and a half!! I am amazed! I use this in conjunction with a mild cleanser and toner and pimple patches. This is what keeps my acne from coming back and fades post acne red spots quickly!

on 10/5/2013 3:06:00 AM

I absolutely love this product, I've had sever acne mostly on my forehead and cheeks for 7 years. I've gone to doctors been prescribed medication after medication, nothing helped at all! I've seen a dermatologist and had microdermabrasion done,which only made my acne worse. The next step for me was accutane, I have been very hesitant about it because of the risks that come with it, so I've just been dealing with the breakouts, then I found this amazing product! I've only used this 4 times, or twice a day for the past 2 days and let me tell you this stuff is a miracle in a jar! My face is so clear I actually felt comfortable going around with no makeup on what so ever! This stuff is a must have! Not to mention I have extremely sensitive skin anything and every thing will usually cause me to breakout or get real dry flaky skin except this, it's clearing my breakouts with no drying at all, I definitely recommend this product!

on 9/14/2013 6:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Not sure if this product didn't really do anything for me because I don't have much acne, I get occasional break outs left the product on over night and seems my skin just gets irritated and dry. I've actually noticed more break outs since I began using this product. A bit disappointed was hoping it would be my magic potion as it is for many others

on 8/16/2013 4:09:00 PM

This product is truly amazing! I brought it 2 weeks ago and it has eliminated all of my pimples! I was suffering from horrible acne on my cheeks (which I believe was caused by the makeup I was using, my old moisturizer, or both). I noticed that it will bring any pimple to a head in about a day or two, and once I pop them (which I can't resist sometimes since they get SO big and nasty) I put this stuff on top and it literally eliminates and shrinks it overnight. I think it may also lighten red marks, but I am not 100% sure.

I leave the sulfur ointment on active pimples (or popped ones) anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour. If using on larger areas, I recommend only using it once a day for 10 minutes since it did dry out my skin significantly when using it twice a day on both of my cheeks, even for 10 minutes at a time.

I do believe that anyone who is suffering from break outs to give it a try, it is only around $8, and I feel that you have nothing to lose!

on 8/11/2013 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This has saved my face. I have tried SO many products and pills for my acne, both OTC and prescription, and to no avail. My skin is oily with new breakouts everyday, even cystic once in a while. I haven't had a new pimple since I began applying this on my face! It's been about 3 weeks. I apply it and leave it on for about an hour in the morning and at night; no excessive dryness as of yet. I haven't got a clue why this works so well, but I purchased at Walmart it out of desparation based on on reviews from this site. This stuff is HG for me :D

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This stuff is a GOD SEND to ANYONE with skin problems. I struggled with acne as a teen.. then again in my mid to late twenties... and finally, I was diagnosed with rosacea. If you don't know anything about this skin diesase... please research it. Mind is mild.. I didn't have ruddy, red skin. But my skin was VERY easily irritated.. and although the triggers are different for each person, mine is the sun and caffiene. They make my skin go very hay-wire. And when I would get a break out, they would be the deep, painful, cysts that would turn so red, that they were almost purple. And they NEVER came to a head; the kind I had to go to my dermatologists office and have injected with cortisone shots (painful, time consuming and expensive, not to mention the at least 6 hour down time). I was getting them almost once a month for awhile. I am now taking an antibiotic, which definitley helps a TON... but this product has done wonders for my skin. I can usually spot a 'spot' that will later turn into a big mess just as I described (seriously, like 4 months in advance). It can be VERY drying, so I use Corium 21 moisturizer to help that problem. This product draws my cysts to the surface... I don't want to say too much more and jinx myself, so I will just say that for the price tag (purchased on drugstore.com for $6) it is WELL worth the price. My only complaint is that it seems oily, but it DOES NOT clog pores.. but I can't really sleep with it on because of that, because then it stains my pillow. Even still... one of the better products I have ever stumbled upon in my life. I owe De La Cruz everything for inventing this awesome stuff. This combined with regular photofacials, minocycline, staying out of the sun and watching my diet has done a complete overhaul on my skin.

on 6/15/2013 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

I still can't believe how well this product works. It's amazing. I purchased it after reading several reviews and seeing some videos on youtube about it. I have very oily skin with moderate, stubborn acne that doesn't respond to ANYTHING. I've been on Accutane twice and everything leading up to that (including antibiotics, retinoids, benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, proactive, I mean EVERYTHING). My skin is very oily so it can handle having the ointment left on overnight as a spot treatment. Blemishes fade significantly overnight, and I've also noticed an improvement in scarring. It doesn't smell very good, but that's a small price to pay for the benefits it provides. I've only been using it for about 2 weeks, but so far so good. Tip: Don't use it with other sulfur-based products because it causes your skin to become WAY too dry (flaking, peeling).

It's been a long time since I wrote a review on MUA but I really wanted to share how well this product worked for me.

I've had acne for a long time, since I was 9. I've tried drugstore products with really little success, as well as prescribed Differin and Retin-A. I've also tried Avene Triacneal which was really successful at first, but the effects eventually dwindled over time. By far the most effective treatment were glycolic acid peels but I now get a lot of sun exposure and the skin thinning effects made me cautious about sun damage. I stumbled upon De La Cruz 10% Sulfur Ointment on MUA and it's a complete game changer.

I have mostly hormone related acne on my face and on my back. I also have pores that get plugged (not clogged, just plugged with little bits of sebum and dead skin) that look large. The DLC ointment has been miraculous! It helps so much with the occasional cystic acne, bringing it to a "head" in almost no time at all so that it isn't painful and lingering as they previously have been. It also (for a lack of a better word) dissolves pimples once they've reached the head stage. It has completely changed the way my pores look. They look so much smaller now that the ointment has eliminated all the gunk that accumulates inside.

I use it as directed, as spot treatment (and thinly smeared on my nose) but I up the time to 30 min instead of 10 on my back. I've had no issues at all with redness or dryness, something I'm so surprised to find because in my experience, fast acting acne treatments tend to do both. I don't use it overnight (as I am really not keen to use something this potent unsupervised) but if I were to have an emergency pimple say, the day before my wedding I would definitely use the tiniest bit possible and put a spot bandaid over it.

I've found a way to eliminate the smell as well! Previously I was only using this at night because after washing it off with a Clarisonic and followed by a micellar lotion in the morning, the smell was mostly gone. Still, a slight fart face smell lingers. However, I've found that if I wash with my Clarisonic, then follow it up with a oil cleansing massage, the odor is undetectable (be sure to also use the Clarisonic on your hands! I didn't realize at first that the smell wasn't on my face but my fingers!) once the oil is rinsed off. If you don't have an oil cleanser, try massaging olive oil followed by a cleanser that will remove the oil completely.

I've recommended it to my friends, especially others who have stubborn cysts that won't rise to the surface. Hopefully this works just as well for others!

Popular Treatments (Face)