November 25, 2014 | 1797 users online

Lipstick - E.L.F. - Mineral Lipstick in Natural Nymph

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 2/29/2012 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Freyaka

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Grey

I'm not a fan of this one. I have pale skin with yellow undertones, so on me, this lipstick gives off a cool frosty pink colour - not the peachy nude I expected! It looks really bad, especially in daylight. It's also slightly drying.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/18/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by klskag02

I have been completely blown away with ELF products including their mineral lipsticks! I bought this for the purpose of when I wanted to do a smokey eye. I have several other colors that I absolutely love but I cannot stand this lipstick. First off, the color lacks pigmentation. Its really pretty in the tube but then I swatched it and it was almost like a lip balm. Second, I basically had to buff the crap out of my lips for this to go on smooth! It emphasizes the cracks and flakes in your lips (if you have any). Thirdly, the staying power sucked. I put it on, even blotted it and everything and I felt like it faded in a very short period of time.
Sigh. I really wanted to love this lipstick! But I can say the only thing I liked about it was the sleek packaging and the price. Thats how it redeemed one lippie for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2011 4:55:00 PM More reviews by stephanieee

favorite. nude. lipstick. ever. this is what i wanted every nude lipstick i've ever bought (mac, revlon, ysl, etc, etc.) to look like. i'm nw15-nw20, so yellow toned nudes look disgusting on me (creame d'nude). i find this very moisturizing which is also very hard to come by with a nude lipstick. but alas since it is moisturizing it doesn't last very long. oh well for 5 bucks i think i can afford to reapply this as often as i'd like.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2011 11:48:00 PM More reviews by katiekay

I was super excited to purchase this lipstick because the color on the website was so beautiful and it seemed like the perfect nude lip! However, i was quite disappointed when i received it because it made my lips look extremely dry and flaky! when my lips are well moisturized it will go on smooth but even then it makes me look dead.. I do however use this lipstick when ive applied a lip shade that is too dark for me. i will blend the natural nymph on top and it tones the color down and it works great!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2011 12:47:00 PM More reviews by michmy

the color looks so pretty itself but when I applied it on lips, it was very drying and all the lines and cracks on my lips became so obvious (and I had applied lip balm prior to putting this lipstick on). $5 wasted - should have used this $5 towards a drugstore lipstick instead.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2011 7:11:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Not as moisturizing as the other ELF Mineral Lipsticks (somehow each color has different texture on me) but not overtly drying either. Its an opaque matte; wash me out & look dead nude on my NW20 not so pigmented lips. Gives similar effect as Revlon Nude Attitude; if that worked for you, so will this otherwise coat with lip gloss. I actually prefer Palladio tinted lip balm in Orange on this, gives a glossy coraly bronze look. I LOVE the combo sooo much, that I may have to repurchase this lippie for it, but never to wear alone.

PS sleek but cheap packaging, handle with care, I did have another lippie break on me the first time I uncovered it. Also always-check retailmenot for discount codes for ELF in general.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2011 8:13:00 AM More reviews by TouchMyTiara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This one really gives you the concealer-lips effect. Which I'm really not into. Gladly I found out this works better when applied with a lipbrush or dabbing with your fingers, rather than applying straight from the stick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2011 12:31:00 PM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

For a matte nude concealer-effect lipstick this is pretty good. It doesn't accentuate chapped lips as much as other light shaded matte (or even not matte) lipsticks usually do. I got this after buying Revlon's Nude attitude lipstick and being very disappointed with it because of its strong orange undertone. This shade however doesn't have any orange in it, it's basically the color of a NW20 foundation. You can wear it under a lip gloss or under a lipstick (to tone down the color) but I don't think it looks very good on its own, not even on my NW15 skin. For the price this is pretty good and I find it surprisingly non-drying and almost moisturizing. The packaging is pretty sleek too.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2011 4:47:00 PM More reviews by wishclover

You have to be careful with this one, as it will NOT match all skin tones. I am a big fan of ELF lipsticks, because they're moisturizing and long lasting. When I applied this I was horrified... It gave me the concealer on the lips look, almost like I just ate a pack of powdered donuts. I'm fair skinned so I was surprised this didn't look right! However I refused to give up on it. I find that if I dab it lightly on my lips and apply a light colored gloss it gives me the right effect. You can also use it as a base and apply another lipstick over it to lighten the color!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2011 4:47:00 AM More reviews by WenDyPie

OK so when I saw this online I thought it would be the perfect nude. In reality this lipstick makes u look like a hooker with almost no lips cause it completely washes you out! I was so disappointed with it that I didn't use it for a year. Then I began to use it over my dark lipsticks to make it lighter and it really did look better. Now I love this lipstick and use it often. I have found that it looks really great with a pigmented pink lipgloss. It's great when used with other products but really unwearable alone.