April 16, 2014 | 2013 users online

Lips - C.O. Bigelow - Lemon Lip Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2011 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Urizanegao

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

The lemon smell and flavour are very strong, and it hydrates well enough (though can feel heavy). Leaves a nice gloss.

If you don't mind using lip balms that contain petrolatum, you probably won't have a problem with this. I like the shape and look of the tube, too, but it's also bulky and the cap doesn't feel secure enough to qualify it as something I'd keep in my purse everywhere I go.

I liked it okay, but don't think the price (mine was approx. $7 at Bath & Body Works) is worth it, since it contains mostly chemical ingredients and doesn't last very long.

I wouldn't mind getting another tube as a gift or something, but it's not an indispensable product for me and I have no plans to buy another.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2011 11:20:00 PM More reviews by pinkrose838

LOVE how this feels on my lips - smooth, soft, moisturized. Much better than those DS brands... and I've tried them all. Wouldn't work too well as a lipstick base though, much better for nighttime. Unfortunately, the writing rubs off VERYY easily, so I now have a sketchy looking yellow tube with a black bottom in my bag :/ Also pretty pricey for a lip balm, but I still love it(:

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2011 9:09:00 AM More reviews by WickedFunWitch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my HG lipbalm, and I adore it very, very much. I went through a phase where I was obsessed with finding the perfect lipbalm and bought ridiculous amounts of every brand I could think of, trying to find my HG. This definitely ended that search.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2011 2:28:00 AM More reviews by jenmhilton

I love this stuff! I have the Lemon Lip Cream too and I find it to be a bit too thin so it's sort of mess to apply out of the tube. But this stuff I love. It is very soft, so it is kind of delicate. That doesn't bother me too much because I love it so much, the lemony taste and scent and the ultra soft texture of the product. It melts on my lips and makes them feel super soft.

THIS IS WAY BETTER than the OVERRATED EOS Lemon Lip Balm.

The price doesn't bother me because BBW is always having sales on their lip products.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2011 6:25:00 AM More reviews by mellowdali

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like the smooth texture of this; not waxy or glossy, but kind of in between the two.
The scent is very much like fresh lemon rinds, but the flavor is sweet.
On a moisturizing scale, I'd say its above average, but doesn't blow me out of the water. I picked this up because its lemony, and it was on sale. Otherwise, its pricey. But B&B often has sales on their lip products.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2010 12:54:00 AM More reviews by aciddynamite

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS LIP BALM! Usually most lip balms I've tried don't last very long on me or they accentuate the lines on my lips even more, but this one leaves my lips smooth as butter. It also tastes great, and I think the tube it comes in is pretty cute. Only downside is that in my Bath and Body Works, a tube is about 8 dollars, which is really expensive for just a lip balm.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2010 2:41:00 AM More reviews by pinksasuke

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This lip balm has made my lips so soft and smooth. I originally bought it because I loved the lemon flavor. When I lick my lips I get a slight shock of sour and then it tastes really sweet. It smells really refreshing too.

It glides on very smoothly and it sinks into my lips very quickly for fast treatment. It lasts a long time, but since I enjoy licking it off my lips I have to reapply often. There is a huge difference between the texture of my lips when it's on and when it's off. With out this balm my lips become hard and flaky, but when I put it on it immediately becomes soft and smooth. I just love it!

As an added note, I prefer the lemon lip balm over the lemon lip gloss because the gloss doesn't really last long so you end up using up the product faster.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2010 10:42:00 AM More reviews by marileab

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my dh's favorite lip balm, so I always keep spares around the house. I originally bought it for me, but I'm not a fan of sweetened lip balms. I do like the lemon scent, and I do occasionally keep a tube for myself. It's moisturizing, but we live in place that's extremely cold and windy in the winter. It's not moisturizing enough for me then, but it does work well for dh.

The packaging is fairly hefty, considering how much product you actually get. So, I'm not thrilled with how much space it takes up in a purse or pocket compared with regular lip balm.

It's also fairly expensive for the amount of product you get ($7 full price). But if you buy when there's a special of some kind, it's not quite so bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2009 7:57:00 PM More reviews by Brittina923

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am not really a huge fan flavored lip balm but I was so sick of plain chaptstick I wanted to try something different so I decided to pick this up because u had a bnbw giftcard. I actually love it! It's not thick or greasy and leaves my lips soft and moisturized. It is a bit slick so i wouldn't recomend using this directly before applying lipstick or colored lip gloss because it tends to make the color smear. other than that i live it! It's smells lovely and tastes amazing( lemony yet minty and not over powering). As much as I like it, I don't think it is worth 7$ only because you don't get much product so I would only repurchase this if there was a sale. But if u are willing to pay 7$ for a small bit of a great product it is worth the buy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2009 1:58:00 AM More reviews by thespacecowgirl

Does this moisturize? Sorta. If I really pile it on, rub my lips together, and am careful not to lick my lips at all, including on the inside, it's a decent balm. If I apply a thin coat, it does nothing. Lip Smackers work better, and come in flavours I like better than artificially sweetened lemonade. The package is annoying - the balm is too soft for the swivel mechanism, so it's always slightly pushed over to one side, and the almost full-length cap is harder to wrangle off than a regular lip balm tube. I would use this up if given it as a gift or freebie, but wouldn't spend my own money on it again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No