C.O. Bigelow Lemon Lip Balm

4.3

Hydrogenated Polydecene, Petrolatum, Octyldocecanol, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Beeswax (Cera Alba, Cire d'abeille), Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Sodium Saccharin.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This is a good product. It smells like the sweetest lemon zest, almost like lemonade bottled into a lip balm tube. It feels great on your lips, but sort of has a waxy feel to it. I will admit, it is not the most longest lasting moisturizer. If I put this on my lips before bed, I do find sometimes that I have to reapply in the middle on the night if I wake up and my lips are dry. Another thing that I don't care for is that it is incredibly soft, perhaps too soft. The reason I say this is because it leans, leans, leans. No matter how low you wind the balm down, it still has this awkward leaning thing going on and I often times find myself having to readjust it with my fingers which is not good, because you have to be very gentle with it or it will break off or completely fall apart and melt in your hands. I don't think there is a lot of product either. As others have stated the packaging is huge but when you really get into the actual balm it's a lot smaller. I got this as a free gift with a coupon from BBW. I'm glad I did because otherwise I would have never gotten this because it is $7.50 and that is entirely too much money for a lip balm.

on 1/7/2012 5:16:00 PM

This is my favorite lip balm! It tastes and smells great, and the moisture lasts. It feels really nice on, and it's moisturizing without being greasy. The packaging is a little bit awkward because the lip balm is a lot skinnier in the tube, and there are a total of 3 different tubes holding the lip balm. The letters also rubbed off, so now I just have a suspicious looking yellow tube. It's okay though, because packaging doesn't really matter to me. Overall, it's worth paying a few extra dollars for and it's the ideal lip balm.

on 11/27/2011 1:31:00 AM

Incredible lip balm, got mine off ebay.
Pros: Smells and tastes delicious, very smooth on the lips & actually works.
Cons: A bit expensive for a balm, the writing rubs off very easily and the tube is bigger than the actual balm stick and each time i apply the balm moves around the tube which is annoying and my last one broke off :(
Definately buy it again though!

on 11/8/2011 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my HG lip balm product. It was rec'd to me two years ago because I was using the Mentha lip shine but it was burning my lips because they get so dry and cracked, and then I end up getting cold sores. My lips were a hot mess when I went in there looking for something new, and the SA told me to try it out. WOW. I have tried homemade lip balms, EOS, everything and I always come back to this. I love the way it makes my lips feel, even when they're sore. I have a special tube I use just for when I get cold sores to keep it moisturized so it doesn't crack worse that I apply with a cotton swab to keep it uncontaminated for the future.

My only complaint is that it's kind of expensive and really, unless it's Christmas (yay Twisted Peppermint!) or the semi-annual sale (because I tend to like disco'd C,O. products like the Cucumber tonic or the Extra Light face lotion, and I stock up on Wallflowers then) BABW coupons don't really apply to me throughout the year, and I go through a tube a month and in winter about a tube biweekly. I wish it was about half the price it is, but totally worth it for how well it works on my lips.

on 9/24/2011 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

The lemon smell and flavour are very strong, and it hydrates well enough (though can feel heavy). Leaves a nice gloss.

If you don't mind using lip balms that contain petrolatum, you probably won't have a problem with this. I like the shape and look of the tube, too, but it's also bulky and the cap doesn't feel secure enough to qualify it as something I'd keep in my purse everywhere I go.

I liked it okay, but don't think the price (mine was approx. $7 at Bath & Body Works) is worth it, since it contains mostly chemical ingredients and doesn't last very long.

I wouldn't mind getting another tube as a gift or something, but it's not an indispensable product for me and I have no plans to buy another.

on 5/30/2011 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

LOVE how this feels on my lips - smooth, soft, moisturized. Much better than those DS brands... and I've tried them all. Wouldn't work too well as a lipstick base though, much better for nighttime. Unfortunately, the writing rubs off VERYY easily, so I now have a sketchy looking yellow tube with a black bottom in my bag :/ Also pretty pricey for a lip balm, but I still love it(:

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is my HG lipbalm, and I adore it very, very much. I went through a phase where I was obsessed with finding the perfect lipbalm and bought ridiculous amounts of every brand I could think of, trying to find my HG. This definitely ended that search.

on 1/24/2011 2:28:00 AM

I love this stuff! I have the Lemon Lip Cream too and I find it to be a bit too thin so it's sort of mess to apply out of the tube. But this stuff I love. It is very soft, so it is kind of delicate. That doesn't bother me too much because I love it so much, the lemony taste and scent and the ultra soft texture of the product. It melts on my lips and makes them feel super soft.

THIS IS WAY BETTER than the OVERRATED EOS Lemon Lip Balm.

The price doesn't bother me because BBW is always having sales on their lip products.

on 1/9/2011 6:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I like the smooth texture of this; not waxy or glossy, but kind of in between the two.
The scent is very much like fresh lemon rinds, but the flavor is sweet.
On a moisturizing scale, I'd say its above average, but doesn't blow me out of the water. I picked this up because its lemony, and it was on sale. Otherwise, its pricey. But B&B often has sales on their lip products.

on 12/27/2010 12:54:00 AM

I LOVE THIS LIP BALM! Usually most lip balms I've tried don't last very long on me or they accentuate the lines on my lips even more, but this one leaves my lips smooth as butter. It also tastes great, and I think the tube it comes in is pretty cute. Only downside is that in my Bath and Body Works, a tube is about 8 dollars, which is really expensive for just a lip balm.

Top Rated C.O. Bigelow Products