October 31, 2014 | 1532 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - Infallible Never Fail Eyeliner-Carbon Black

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by UDMAC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Disappointed. Its not long lasting and it's not dark enough. I do like the packaging though, it comes with a silicone smudger and a sharpener. Its creamy and easy to apply so this would nice if you have normal-dry skin but a no for those with oily skin

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2012 7:57:00 PM More reviews by Alicee

If I could I would give this a 3.5.

I have extremely oily skin and was looking for a serious long wear eyeliner. If you have normal/dry skin and your eyelids don't crease in a way that aggravates smudging I think this would probably be an excellent eyeliner. I love how black this eyeliner is, and I like the packaging and smudger tip.
It applies very nicely as well but it just smudges too much on me. If I use UD primer and wear eyeshadow wear is acceptable so I will use all this up but will not repurchase as I prefer Sephora's flashy eyeliner and am going to try Sephora's automatic wp eyeliner in hopes it's superior to this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2012 12:00:00 PM More reviews by cindaaxoxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this eyeliner on my lower lashline, and it is a very good eyeliner. The color really is carbon black, and the color glides on very easily. The only problem i have with it is the fact that, although the packaging promises "16 hours", it fades after about 3. I have to reaplly it throughout the day, and i find that if i dont aplly eyeshadow underneath my lashline, it smudges and i get raccoon eyes (and who wants that?). But overall its a great eyeliner.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2012 7:53:00 AM More reviews by juicyChiq230

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This eyeliner is amazing. It goes on smoothly and is truly carbon black. I've tried tons of drugstore "black eyeliners" and they are not truly black.

I do not leave the house without black eyeliner on (bottom) and have been wearing black eyeliner for about 10 years. This is one of the best I have found (and cheap!), and have been purchasing it non-stop for the last 2 years.

I wear contacts, and certain black eyeliners will somehow get smeared onto my contacts throughout the day/night. Not from my own application! But from just the ingredients I suppose? Infalliable eyeliner does NOT do this to me - which is great, because if you have ever gotten eyeliner/mascara or any dark eye makeup on your contacts, it is UNPLEASANT, because it makes your vision blurry lol.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2012 6:04:00 AM More reviews by essieh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was actually my first eyeliner that I bought and used often.

It is okay, goes on smooth enough.

The bad thing about it though is that despite the fact it's supposed to be "infallible", "never fail" and "16 hours"...

It's not. It actually fades in less than 16 hours. I wear this to school and I need to reapply the inner corners.

It doesn't smudge horribly though, and it's retractable so no sharpening needed and easy enough to use.

It's okay, but not the best. 3/5. I would purchase again if I couldn't find anything in this form that's better.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by BeautifulIndian

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I ran out of my MF Aqua Eyes and desperately needed eyeliner, so I ran out and bought this (in pencil form). The liner glides really smoothly on my top lid, but when i put it on my top and bottom waterline, my eyes water like crazy all day! It's crazy: i can't even see sometimes. And stringy pieces always get stuck in the top of my eye. If you rub on it at all, it comes RIGHT off. But the staying power is good if you don't touch it. For ex: when i sleep later, i forget/too lazy to take it off, so when i wake up in the morning, it's exactly how it was last night; all i need to do is wipe the bottom. So all in all, it has amazing staying power, but it gets in your eyes and blinds you lol.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by musicting

Like most other reviewers, I am overall very satisfied with this product. The color is great (intense black) and it's very easy to use in terms of being very smooth and easy to control (especially with the sharpener that comes with it that allows you to draw more precise lines than other twist-up pencil eyeliners). I haven't used the smudger much, so I can't really comment on it.

From the other reviews on this product, it seems most people didn't have any smudging issues with this pencil. Unfortunately, it's different for me. It smudged on my upper crease and lower eyeline after about 3-4 hours. However, every liner I've tried so far has smudged on me, so it didn't really surprise me. One small detail that annoyed me about this product was that the cap on the rubber smudger kept falling off. Other than these two things, I'm really enjoying using this liner!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2011 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Katie75007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought my Infallible liner on a whim at Walgreens -- but it has quickly become a staple. I used to use Benefit BadGal liner, then UD 24/7, then NARS...but, truthfully, this one does the trick (even better, I might add) for a fraction of the price of any of the above.

First, the color is a deep, rich black, not soft black like some. The tip is precise, even though it is self-sharpening -- which makes it very easy to line my waterline; I do not have to tug at my eyelid or wind up poking myself. In terms of longevity, this lasts all day, even sweating through a 45-minute run (gross, but it needed to be said). If you rub at it, it will come off -- so it may not be entirely smudge and budge-proof, but when left alone, I have never had any issues with it staying on all day.

For the price -- and overall -- I am very impressed with this liner and I wish I had tried it sooner. I will definitely buy it again!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 6:08:00 PM More reviews by shinyb

I love this eyeliner! The pigmentation is great, but what I love about it more is the rubbery eraser. A lot of eyeliners have the spongy thing at the back to smudge color for a smokey effect. But, this one is different since it is rubbery, it does the most amazing job of smudging eyeliner to give you the perfect smokey liner look, much better than any brush I own that is specifically designed for smudging. So, even if you're not crazy about the liner itself, try using the smudger on any dark color on the lashline and you will absolutely love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2011 12:45:00 PM More reviews by mtack

I am usually a black/brown eyeliner gal. However, lately I am into the black eyeliners and wanted a good black one to define my brown eyes. The pigmentation of the eyeliner was completely wrong for my coloring. The matte color made my eyes dull and tired. And the consistency was even worst. The eyeliner didn't even last an hour on my eyes. For the price you pay for this eyeliner, much better to get a HE one.
Edit: 6/24 I tried this eyeliner again last week and I have to say I was mistaken. I think that when I first tried it on I had primer and completely changed the texture and color of the eyeliner. What surprised me is that I wore this eyeliner while running, no primer, humidity and it did not move. Wow! Besides, I am really liking the color, it does not turn gray.
Edit:7/3 Had to stop using it. My eyes were watering and looking red and I don't even wear it in the waterline. Too bad, I liked the color and the staying power. Moved on to Revlon colorstay in black.