April 17, 2014 | 1931 users online

Treatments - Ion - Repair Solutions Hair Reconstructor

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2012 4:01:00 AM More reviews by cyberseraphim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok, first of all, stop using this every day. Just use it once a week. Twice a week if you absolutely have too, but using it too often can actually lead to damaging your hair... which is the opposite of what we're all trying to do here.

I have super bleached light blonde hair that I dye lilac (just so you can grasp how light my hair is). I wash my hair every 2.5 days. I don't have an oily scalp so I can get away with it. Um, anyway, use this once a week, some other non keratin deep conditioner the other times you wash. I use Aussie 3 minute miracle. By god it actually works. I've tried more expensive conditioners and meh, I actually prefer aussie.

So, now yinz all know my secret to pretty hair... also, if you have super damaged hair... don't brush it to death. The elasticity will have been compromised after processing your hair and you need to be gentle with it. Also, in this case, softly wring your hair out after a shower, for god's sake don't towel dry it by giving yourself a noogie. Also, try to minimize blow drying. Take a shower in the evening and sleep on damp hair. And always use a heat protectant when straight ironing. And again, not to beat a dead horse, but don't pull or tug on your hair ever. Treat your hair with some respect. Use kid gloves. Also, that Argon oil misting spray at sallys is awesome. moisturizing and leaves a really beautiful shine on damaged hair.

Just be careful, if you do any of the things I mentioned in the above paragraph, there may be no product on earth that can save your hair.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2012 7:37:00 AM More reviews by NyVirgo1972

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product did not work for me. It left my haor dry and in need of a mask. i could not even run a comb through it. Also, it smelled like I just permed my hair - all day long! I tried to make it work - i mixed it with with other products- still the smell lasted all day. I even tried using it before I shampooed because the reviews here were so good- but shampoo does not rid my hair of this chemical aroma.
Sorry Sally's- this one is a no go for me. If it actually left my hair soft - either using it as it said on the bottle or any other of the myriad ways I attempted I would give it a higher rating- but it was a fail
Just to reiterate- I did use it as the directions suggested and it did not work for me

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2012 6:25:00 PM More reviews by macalania54

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing!! I recently colored my hair for the first time ever, and while I was buying the dye at Sally's they were selling little packets of this stuff at the register, so I bought one on a whim. After coloring my hair, my hair wasn't totally fried but it was definitely feeling dry and a little weak and brittle, so I slathered my hair in this stuff and left it on under a cap for about an hour. All I can say is wow--I don't think I've ever used a hair product that does exactly what it says it will! My hair feels nice and strong and soft again, just as good as it did before I colored it. I only gave it 4 stars because I've only used it once so I don't know about long term results. But right now I'm loving it, and I'm definitely heading back to buy a full sized bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2012 5:08:00 AM More reviews by rubie93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

After the girl at Sally's recommended this product to me, I have found that I simply can't stand to be without it. I have long baby fine hair that I heat style to death and am totally stubborn about getting my split ends cut because it took me several years to grow it out this long. This stuff saves my hair from being a brittle, dry crackly mess of split ends. Super cheap, only $13 for a big bottle that lasts me 8-10 months. A must have for anyone with fried hair from heat or bleach damage.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2012 3:34:00 AM More reviews by svillescas

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this product, I bleach my hair every four weeks so you could probably imagine how damaged it is. The ends were so fried, when i would apply heat to my hair the ends would just some what melt into a ball. I bought this product at sallys and after just the first use i could tell a difference. My hair is not where i want it yet, but i know without this product i wont be able to get it there. I HIGHLY recommend anyone with damaged hair to buy this product.
UPDATE: After ucing this product a few times I have come to not like it at all. I actually went to walmart and found something that worked GREAT and smelt even better!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2012 6:38:00 AM More reviews by karebear87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't want to sound like a cheesy late-night infomercial, but this product saved my hair. Before I went to Sally and tried one of the sample sized packets, I was getting a trim literally every 2-4 weeks instead of the usual 4-6 weeks most people get a trim. I have been trying for almost two years to grow my hair to or past my chest, and all of those trims, while they did rid me of damaged, fried, destroyed hair, they brought me back to almost square one. I have baby fine hair that snarls/tangles easily, and also is somehow extremely porous further down despite only coloring the bottom half of my hair once or twice a year. I am bad and can't stay away from heat, even with good heat protection, my hair was just in horrible condition. I got several packets and used them daily or every other day for 2 weeks after my last trim, and just went back to Sally to get the big bottle. It's a keeper. You can't go wrong for the price. For over 2 weeks, the ends of my hair have been crisp and fresh feeling, even with a new coat of color over them. My hair feels baby soft and the smell is just fabulous.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 2:53:00 AM More reviews by p4percut

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a few of these packets free with packets of bleach. I bleach the ends of my hair every now and then for the ombre look and that comes with a lot of damage. Before I used this, my hair was splitting everywhere, breaking off, and frizzy. I couldn't comb through it with a wide-tooth comb without being afraid of taking off chunks.

This is a protein treatment for porous hair. You need to condition and moisturize your hair after this or it's going to make your hair seem very dry. Protein treatment =/= moisture treatment.

I only use this treatment at the ends (where my hair is bleached) because my hair needs some damage to have any volume. I wet the ends, blot excess water, and coat. Leave in for 45mins to an hour. Shampoo (Tsubaki white, roots only, the shampoo takes off any excess). Condition (Sebastian volupt, ends only). Leave in conditioner (Garnier, which I don't like very much).

I've only used this a handful of times and I'm on my second packet now. The difference is pretty amazing. My hair isn't breaking off, split ends have been reduced by a lot, and it feels smooth as opposed to frizzy.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2011 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I don't remember the name of the packet that the associates always try to pawn off on you but that's what I'm trying to review. I don't know why they try to sell them like they're gold but they suck. To my virgin hair this stuff isn't even close to a normal conditioner. In fact a normal conditioner moisturizers more than this. Not to mention if they tried to pawn this off on someone with fried hair. Then well yeah it's not going to do anything.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2011 10:49:00 AM More reviews by RustGospel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wish that like mostly everyone else here on this page, I had a rave review to write. While I can say that Ion's Repair Solutions Hair Reconstructor certainly hasn't damaged, harmed or made my hair any worse, I'm also not really sure if I could attribute my hair's health to this either.
When I bought this product, my hair was in the most awful state that it's ever been due to this crippling combination of back-combing, dyeing and using too much heat. A sales attendant at a local Sally's recommended this to me and I walked away with a couple of the small packs (which are good for two uses on my long thick hair). My stylist also advocated the use of protein (after she cut my dead ends off and gave me a fresh start), though only once every 3-4 weeks. I was somewhat surprised when I first used this on my hair.
The texture is very thick and gooey...almost like beaten eggs before they are poured into the skillet to make an omelet. This stuff smells almost like bubble gum to me as well. Though I was told by the Sally's employee that I should see a difference immediately after using it and had read that others had the same experience, that wasn't the case for me. Sure, my hair is soft after using this but not really any softer than it is when I skip the protein treatment and use just my deep conditioner. Even after incorporating this into my hair regimen (I've been using it for about 3 months now) I'm still losing quite of a bit of my hair, though I have no really discernible damage anymore. When I use this, I typically leave it on for an entire hour or so, then do the same with my weekly deep conditioner.
I think that for me, this is mostly just a maintenance sort of product that isn't instantaneous and doesn't seem to absolutely work wonders. It just sort of aids my general routine in a pretty subtle manner. Eh.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2011 10:50:00 PM More reviews by XenaY

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Well, I've certainly learned a lot about what *not* to do to my hair since damaging it pretty badly in a home hair coloring disaster a little over 2-1/2 years ago. But such newly accumulated knowledge also means that I also slowly absorbed what I *should* do! And reading about and then using this product definitely has been a saving grace for my hair!

My hair is very porous, coarse, thick and wavy. Hot, humid summers are a never ending frizzy nightmare for me even when my hair isn't damaged. I am never happier than when the leaves on the trees start to turn which means months of sleeker, shinier hair. Finally some relief and some good hair days! But until then, my hair definitely needs a lot of help!

Enter Ion Repair Solutions Hair Reconstructor. Leaving it on my hair once a week for 45 minutes under a shower cap helps smooth and control it, making me more presentable. (Trust me, I can look quite cavewoman-ish otherwise!) After rinsing out the Reconstructor, always use a good, thick conditioner (Garnier Fructis 3 Minute Undo works best for me). Your hair will definitely thank you.