October 26, 2014 | 1233 users online

Hair Treatments - Ion - Repair Solutions Hair Reconstructor

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2013 12:03:00 AM More reviews by Stephaniejeann

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After one use of this product, I am less than impressed. If anything my hair feels worse than it did before I used this. After reading reviews I was expecting a miracle, but this product did not measure up. Although I've only used it once, which may skew my ability to review, I think that it's safe to say that I'll only use up the sample. It was a waste of time in my shower and did not make my hair feel any stronger or softer. My split ends felt worse when my hair dried, and I realize that nothing will help them except trimming them. Maybe with continued use I'd like this product more, but it really isn't that great for me. It was kind of expensive where I live, but luckily I opted to buy the sample size. I shampooed my hair, towel dried it, left this product in for ten minutes, rinsed, and used my conditioner. The product smelled nice and felt silky when I initially applied it. I only used about one third of the product in the sample seeing as my hair isn't that long. Overall I don't think this product is worth all the hype surrounding it. I'll try to use it again and edit my review if I change my feelings about it, but I doubt I will.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2012 12:13:00 PM More reviews by definesinister

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yes! Yes! Yes! This stuff is fantastic for my fine, thin hair. Since I was about 13, I have been dying and perming my hair. I have been to all types of stylists, and I constantly got comments that my hair was damaged/dry and extremely thin. So finally, I found a good stylist three years ago and he recommended that I do a hair manicure at his salon. The results were great, but not long lasting (about a month). Then I was searching on MUA for a good product that will make my hair feel thicker and less damaged. In comes in the Ion reconstructor, and this stuff literally saves my life. The sales ladies at Sally's always push this stuff on me at checkout, and I always skip out and I regret it completely. When I went to get my regular trim from my stylist, he made a comment at the end and inquired what have I been doing to my hair. I didn't think on the spot, and I just said I'm not sure. Then it occurred to me, I've been using this product!! I immediately told him, and he completely approved. He told me my hair felt a little thicker and more healthy. Holy grail! That was the first time a stylist made a nice comment on my hair. My mom is worse than me with the blow drying and perming. What's worse is she does not put any heat protectant products in her hair, when she blow dries her hair every single day. My maternal side does not have good genes when it comes to hair either. I am determined to not have a huge bald spot on top of my head by the time I turn 45. I am about to buy her some reconstructor, heat protectant, and serum for Christmas.

As of lately, I also attempted to dye my hair from 1N to Dark ash Blonde (with a bleach). My hair became an absolute mess and I completely gave up after the first process. My hair is completely in knots, so I decided to give in and cut the dry ends off. Now I have a asymetrical bob, and I have to say the thickness of my hair is totally different from a few years ago. A few years ago when I got the same hair cut, my hair looked thin and flat. Now, you can see the texture and feel the fullness. I am definitely satisfied with this product and will never look back. Another good point of this product is, it is dirt cheap. There are plenty of other reconstructors in the market, that sell their stuff for a hefty price.

EDIT: The ION Moisture Cream Conditioner is great for a deep conditioning after washing the reconstructor our with warm water. Another great coonditioner is by Wen by Chaz Dean and Carol's Daughter Moni Hair Repair Mask. You will need a good conditioner afterward, otherwise if you color your hair, then your hair color will be stripped and also the hair ends will be extremely brittle, dry, and stringy. Not the best combination. ALso, make you wash out the reconstructor with warm water! Ths way the protein can penetrate the pores and help build some thickness or hair growth.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2012 4:01:00 AM More reviews by cyberseraphim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok, first of all, stop using this every day. Just use it once a week. Twice a week if you absolutely have too, but using it too often can actually lead to damaging your hair... which is the opposite of what we're all trying to do here.

I have super bleached light blonde hair that I dye lilac (just so you can grasp how light my hair is). I wash my hair every 2.5 days. I don't have an oily scalp so I can get away with it. Um, anyway, use this once a week, some other non keratin deep conditioner the other times you wash. I use Aussie 3 minute miracle. By god it actually works. I've tried more expensive conditioners and meh, I actually prefer aussie.

So, now yinz all know my secret to pretty hair... also, if you have super damaged hair... don't brush it to death. The elasticity will have been compromised after processing your hair and you need to be gentle with it. Also, in this case, softly wring your hair out after a shower, for god's sake don't towel dry it by giving yourself a noogie. Also, try to minimize blow drying. Take a shower in the evening and sleep on damp hair. And always use a heat protectant when straight ironing. And again, not to beat a dead horse, but don't pull or tug on your hair ever. Treat your hair with some respect. Use kid gloves. Also, that Argon oil misting spray at sallys is awesome. moisturizing and leaves a really beautiful shine on damaged hair.

Just be careful, if you do any of the things I mentioned in the above paragraph, there may be no product on earth that can save your hair.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2012 7:37:00 AM More reviews by NyVirgo1972

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product did not work for me. It left my haor dry and in need of a mask. i could not even run a comb through it. Also, it smelled like I just permed my hair - all day long! I tried to make it work - i mixed it with with other products- still the smell lasted all day. I even tried using it before I shampooed because the reviews here were so good- but shampoo does not rid my hair of this chemical aroma.
Sorry Sally's- this one is a no go for me. If it actually left my hair soft - either using it as it said on the bottle or any other of the myriad ways I attempted I would give it a higher rating- but it was a fail
Just to reiterate- I did use it as the directions suggested and it did not work for me

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2012 6:25:00 PM More reviews by macalania54

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing!! I recently colored my hair for the first time ever, and while I was buying the dye at Sally's they were selling little packets of this stuff at the register, so I bought one on a whim. After coloring my hair, my hair wasn't totally fried but it was definitely feeling dry and a little weak and brittle, so I slathered my hair in this stuff and left it on under a cap for about an hour. All I can say is wow--I don't think I've ever used a hair product that does exactly what it says it will! My hair feels nice and strong and soft again, just as good as it did before I colored it. I only gave it 4 stars because I've only used it once so I don't know about long term results. But right now I'm loving it, and I'm definitely heading back to buy a full sized bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2012 5:08:00 AM More reviews by rubie93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

After the girl at Sally's recommended this product to me, I have found that I simply can't stand to be without it. I have long baby fine hair that I heat style to death and am totally stubborn about getting my split ends cut because it took me several years to grow it out this long. This stuff saves my hair from being a brittle, dry crackly mess of split ends. Super cheap, only $13 for a big bottle that lasts me 8-10 months. A must have for anyone with fried hair from heat or bleach damage.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2012 3:34:00 AM More reviews by svillescas

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this product, I bleach my hair every four weeks so you could probably imagine how damaged it is. The ends were so fried, when i would apply heat to my hair the ends would just some what melt into a ball. I bought this product at sallys and after just the first use i could tell a difference. My hair is not where i want it yet, but i know without this product i wont be able to get it there. I HIGHLY recommend anyone with damaged hair to buy this product.
UPDATE: After ucing this product a few times I have come to not like it at all. I actually went to walmart and found something that worked GREAT and smelt even better!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2012 6:38:00 AM More reviews by karebear87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't want to sound like a cheesy late-night infomercial, but this product saved my hair. Before I went to Sally and tried one of the sample sized packets, I was getting a trim literally every 2-4 weeks instead of the usual 4-6 weeks most people get a trim. I have been trying for almost two years to grow my hair to or past my chest, and all of those trims, while they did rid me of damaged, fried, destroyed hair, they brought me back to almost square one. I have baby fine hair that snarls/tangles easily, and also is somehow extremely porous further down despite only coloring the bottom half of my hair once or twice a year. I am bad and can't stay away from heat, even with good heat protection, my hair was just in horrible condition. I got several packets and used them daily or every other day for 2 weeks after my last trim, and just went back to Sally to get the big bottle. It's a keeper. You can't go wrong for the price. For over 2 weeks, the ends of my hair have been crisp and fresh feeling, even with a new coat of color over them. My hair feels baby soft and the smell is just fabulous.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 2:53:00 AM More reviews by p4percut

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a few of these packets free with packets of bleach. I bleach the ends of my hair every now and then for the ombre look and that comes with a lot of damage. Before I used this, my hair was splitting everywhere, breaking off, and frizzy. I couldn't comb through it with a wide-tooth comb without being afraid of taking off chunks.

This is a protein treatment for porous hair. You need to condition and moisturize your hair after this or it's going to make your hair seem very dry. Protein treatment =/= moisture treatment.

I only use this treatment at the ends (where my hair is bleached) because my hair needs some damage to have any volume. I wet the ends, blot excess water, and coat. Leave in for 45mins to an hour. Shampoo (Tsubaki white, roots only, the shampoo takes off any excess). Condition (Sebastian volupt, ends only). Leave in conditioner (Garnier, which I don't like very much).

I've only used this a handful of times and I'm on my second packet now. The difference is pretty amazing. My hair isn't breaking off, split ends have been reduced by a lot, and it feels smooth as opposed to frizzy.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2011 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I don't remember the name of the packet that the associates always try to pawn off on you but that's what I'm trying to review. I don't know why they try to sell them like they're gold but they suck. To my virgin hair this stuff isn't even close to a normal conditioner. In fact a normal conditioner moisturizers more than this. Not to mention if they tried to pawn this off on someone with fried hair. Then well yeah it's not going to do anything.