Aveda Smooth Infusion Glossing Straightener

4.4

water, propanediol, dimethicone, phenyl trimethicone, dimethiconol, hydroxypropylcellulose, hydrolised wheat protein pg-propyl silanetriol, aloe, hydroxypropyltrimonium hydrolised corn starch, peg-40 hydrogenated castor oil, sodium magnesium silicate, hydroxypropyl guar, pvp, fragrance, ethylhexylglycerin, dehydroacetic acid, phenoxyethanol, benzoic acid

on 3/5/2013 9:52:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This product works wonders on my hair! I try not to straighten too often, but when I do decide to I put some of this on my damp hair before I blow dry. I have very long hair and usually when i blowdry the ends are what look frizzy. When i use this product the ends of my hair look wonderful! The product smells great (as do all Aveda products.) I would definitely buy again.

on 12/15/2012 2:00:00 PM

This is the first Aveda product that I've used, & I have to say it works really well. The only thing I will warn anyone about would be that this can be heavy if you use too much, especially for people with fine hair. DO NOT put this near your roots, or your hair will look oily. If used in moderation, & closer to the ends of the hair, this product is great. This tamed my flyaways, controlled frizz, helped my hair straighten faster, & made my hair smooth & glossy. This also has heat protectant in it, which I'm always on the search for since I flat iron my hair frequently. I felt this product did a good job at protecting my hair from heat damage. This does have a citrusy scent, but once you style your hair you cannot detect the smell. The price is a little steep for as much product as you get, ($22). Granted, you only need to use 2 little globs, so it should last a while. Overall, good product & I would definitely buy this again once I run out.

on 9/25/2012 6:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Me: thick, coarse hair with unruly waves that I beat into submission with a flat iron, and very prone to frizz. I'd read the reviews of Smooth Infusion Glossing Straightener in past but was fortunate that I didn't really need it (I only flat iron my hair twice a week, after I wash and dry it, and that was almost always enough to keep it looking smooth and straight, the way I like it).

Recently, however, I have started to practise yoga and about half my sessions are hot yoga. The heat and humidity mean I leave the room with my once smooth, neat hair looking like I've been pulled through a hedge backward and then electrocuted - wavy, frizzy, pouffy hair that I am having to flat iron a whole lot more than I used to do and more than I like to do. So I was looking for a "miracle product" that would help my hair maintain at least a bit of its smoothness. Alas, this product doesn't do it but I don't think any product would - that's the nature of my hair when it encounters extreme heat and humidity. But this is a really excellent product for ensuring that my newly washed hair ends up looking smooth and shiny. It won't replace Moroccan Oil in my "arsenal" of hair care products but it's a nice addition. I love the scent - an herbal smell that is really familiar but which I can't quite place. It's something I would certainly repurchase but it's no miracle "straightener".
UPDATE (of sorts): I tried combining a small squirt of Smooth Infusion with a small amount of Moroccan Oil and I love the result - the 2 products used together - I mix them in the palm of my hand - really seem to work better than either product on its own (and I do love both of these products used on their own). I've been doing this for about 2 weeks now and I'm happy with the results - my hair looks smoother and shinier generally and it goes considerably less crazy during hot yoga. It still leaves me envying the straight haired gals but at least I look a bit less like I've been through a whirlwind!

on 8/27/2012 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Why all the great reviews?! This made my hair CRUNCHY. and very time consuming to dry. Also in humid weather, my hair resembled candyfloss. NOT the wonder product it's made out to be.

Haaahaha!! I was soooo wrong. It must have been the MOP C Complex conditioner I was using. It's very drying and not conditioning at all. So, I didn't use that conditioner this morning but still used this - WOW!!!!!! Soft, shiny, silky hair. I'm off to eat humble pie :D

on 8/5/2012 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am about to buy my 3rd tube of Glossing straightener from Aveda. Just shopping around for the best price! It does last a long time. My husband (67) and I (61) BOTH love it better than ANY OTHER hair product we have ever used. I just get scared that it will be discontinued as the precursor (Aveda but can't remember the name) did. That was when I switched and still wish the other one was made because you do have to be very careful not to overdo this. Other was a little more carefree. But the results are fantastic and in the long run very economical! (3 tubes in 3-4 years with constant use).

I bought this two years ago and still have product left- it is also still as good as the day I started using this.

The stylist who cut my hair used this when my hair was wet before blowdrying but also a teeny bit before flat ironing. My hair was so glossy and smooth. I loved it. Now I am able to recreate that look at home.

Probably about 6 months ago, I thought I would need to repurchase soon, but the bottle is still going strong. The tube helps it drain to the bottom and even when I think its done, I will cut off the top and see if there is any left.

I would 100% repurchase this even if I couldn't find it on sale. It is a staple in my straight hair arsenol.

Overall I am quite happy with this product. I apply a dime size amount when my hair is wet and let it air dry and it works well. Is very pricey but a tube for me lasts for ever.

on 4/14/2012 4:34:00 AM

I have coarse asian hair, about midback length. This product gives a little 'weight' to the hair without stickiness or greasiness and helps the outer layers which are often a bit poofy, to sit smooth and flat. I use a large pea (a bean??) sized amount, mixed with 2-3 squirts of the light elements fluid before blowdrying and it leaves me with soft and glossy hair. Thermal protection a bonus. One tube lasts a year so the price is great.

on 12/11/2011 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I went to an aveda hair salon and the stylist told me that this would help with the straightening process while blowing my hair. I was skeptical at first bc Ive used many serums on my hair before blowing it out and I have gotten the greasy non-shiny look. After the stylist applied it and blew it out my hair look great, it was soft and super shiny. It looked and felt great. I highly recommend this product.
My hair type -soft curly thin hair

GAME CHANGER. I have fairly thick hair but it is easy to style. It's very straight so I usually just blow it out and straighten it, curl it or put it in a pony tail.

I decided to try this smooth infusion glossing straightener on a whim from the rave reviews. Wow, this stuff is fantastic. It straightens and gives a shiny polish (just out of the hair saloon). I can not imagine how I went so long without discovering this product. It is amazing. It hides any trace of split ends or uneven hair texture. I will continue to use religiously.

Popular Styling Products

Surf Spray
Mythic Oil
Potion 9

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Final Results of Aveda's Naturally Straight after 5 Uses. 4A, 4B, 4C & 4Z hair by Brandie Jeanette

How to Straighten Kinky Hair With Aveda's Naturally Straight. 4A, 4B, 4C , 4Z Type Hair by Brandie Jeanette

Top Rated Aveda Products