October 30, 2014 | 1120 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Philosophy - Eye Hope Advanced Anti-Aging Eye Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2012 1:57:00 AM More reviews by cityskin

Kay, this is only my second day using Eye Hope, so I will do a follow up in a few weeks.

So far, Eye Hope delivers on addressing the under-eye circles pretty well on the first night of use! I wish it was more moisturizing, but my skin care regime allows for extra moisture coverage so I guess it makes up for it. I don't have much lines around my eye, but I'll see if there are any improvements in a few weeks. This product did not sting for me on the first night, but tonight I used my Boscia Night Serum with retinol (I believe) so there was very slight stinging. However, my tolerance for pain is rather high so what's not painful to me, could be to others.

Oh, one con: I noticed a few tiny raised white bumps, aka milia (I believe). Just for that reason, I probably won't repurchase, but I won't return the item just yet either.

Overall, I love the improvements of my under-eye circles, but that's about it.

*****Update*** This product does not do what it says except maybe help with the under-eye circle (but not nearly enough). I will NOT be repurchasing. My wrinkles are still there, even after using this every night.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2012 10:14:00 AM More reviews by bett

I only tried samples of this... I have to say that if you use it in conjunction with a retinol product, it does sting, but otherwise for me it doesn't. It's not as good as my favorite combination (Fast Lift Eye Serum + Renergie), but it does fine.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2012 9:09:00 AM More reviews by inkyblaine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

You know when you just donít like something, but you canít really figure out why. I think this is what I feel about Eye Hope. I received a small bottle as part of a Christmas set, and the first time I used it, my eyes felt itchy. ok, maybe I have allergies, and then it happened again. So I used it last night, and I donít know, I just donít like it. My soul is speaking to me, and telling me to trash it. I know its weird when products speak to your soul, but sometimes that happens to me. Im glad it was a gift. Im over this brand. Sephora hypes you up on it, and I watch those stupid QVC specials on philosophy and they have great packaging and marketing, but I am repeatedly let down by their product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2012 1:13:00 AM More reviews by Pinkkittyrokz

I understand why this may not work for some people. But I think its most likely related to the way its applied. The philosophy representative that I talked to said that the way to apply it is to use a tiny amount for both eyes and pat it on the orbital bone, not directly below the eyes. She said that the thinner skin underneath the eye will absorb what it needs without becoming irritated. If you use too much right under the eye, it will definitely be irritating.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2012 9:54:00 AM More reviews by dozent_front

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got a sample of this and I'm happy it was just a sample. It didn't sting my eyes, but I believe it make them "break out", I had little bumps in the corners of my eyes and eyelids that weren't there before, plus the area never felt moisturized. I won't be using again.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2011 2:23:00 AM More reviews by sugahpuss

Like a lot of people said this product burned and stinged my eye like crazy within the 3rd night of application. Now the area of my eye not only stings but its extremely irritated and red. I definitely think this product is a little too strong! I would never buy this product again. I suggest getting a sample of this before purchasing it because its notexxactly cheap! Good luck!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2011 11:47:00 PM More reviews by thinkingaboutyou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

product works great!! there's only one flaw. every time i put it on after i was my face, it would burn slightly and my eyes would water. it only lasted for a few seconds for me, and it's probably because the skin was so thin and sensitive around my eyes. eye hope was recommended to me by a cosmetologist, seeing as my eyes were really dry and peeling. i also had dark circles, and this product cleared all of that up. i don't even have to wear concealer for my dark circles anymore!! also, i'm fifteen, so this product isn't only for fine lines and wrinkles! so, other than the initial burning, product works perfectly for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2011 9:28:00 AM More reviews by Reveregirl

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this product almost a week ago...had to stop using it as it made my eyes sting and worse than ever before. Didn't know if it was allergies kicking up, and I couldn't stop rubbing my eyes...have stopped using it and my eyes are getting back to normal....will be returning this product back to Sephora. Be careful of this product!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2011 7:20:00 AM More reviews by Meaninc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased this because of all of the good reviews on the Philosophy website. Even the rep at Sephora raved about it. I could not even give this product a chance to prove itself because it irritated my eyes. Any eye product that stings my skin is not a good product for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2011 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Gitte

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Unimpressed. I didn't experience the stinging that others have, but this just does nothing for me. It's not completely terrible, just doesn't seem to be doing anything especially noticeable. Too bad, 'cause the price was not terribly expensive, and I liked the fact that you don't need to use a lot at one time.

Time to look for something else ...