November 23, 2014 | 2102 users online

Mascara - Max Factor - Masterpiece Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by nsamplay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my holy grail mascara! I have short, straight lashes that refuse to stay curled once I've curled them. However this mascara holds the curl all day and gives my lashes amazing length and volume! As its waterproof it lasts all day too.
The only negative thing about this mascara is that you only get 4.5ml of product compared to a regular mascara which normally has 8/9ml at least. But the pro's of this mascara definitely way out the cons and I would definitely recommend this mascara!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2011 8:25:00 PM More reviews by LittleRussianDoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This has been my go to mascara for years because it gives a natural look, defining lashes and adding length. It gives some volume, but not loads (which is what I'm looking for). I've tried and really liked other mascaras but this one is still one of my favourites.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2011 6:55:00 AM More reviews by ketu86

I've had about 6 Max Factor mascaras and I swear by them but this one was definitely the most disappointing of them all. It didn't seem to do much to my lashes, I've had the normal Masterpiece one and its miles better than the waterproof one maybe because the normal one is volume and definition whereas the waterproof one is high definition only.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2011 11:50:00 PM More reviews by MsTrius

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just bought it a month ago and so far I liked it. It is easy to apply and the brush covers every little lashes I have (considering the fact that I don't have that naturally long lashes, plus its straight :-( ) It gives length but if you want your lashes to be more dramatic don't use this one. It will just give you that natural-looking lashes with a bit of length and volume. It holds curls, it's not clumpy and doesn't smudge at all. For me, I use two coats because the first coat is just like your natural lashes. and unlike other mascaras, the ends of your lash has that slimming effect at the ends when you apply the second coat (if you know what i mean guys, it so hard to explain and i feel like nosebleeding right now because english is not my first language..pardon me.haha).. other mascara looks clumpy and fake upon application of the second coat because the coat on the ends is the same as the coat on the roots which is unnatural-looking. while i prefer a thicker coat near the roots and thinner on the tips, capish? :D anyways...

The downside of this product (for me, at least) is that it is a little bit expensive for a drug-store brand with only 4.5 ml content. and it's hard to wash off..but with a makeup remover it is not a problem anymore. :))

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2011 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Quynhi

I hate this product. It doesn't really suck because it does add length and volume to my lashes... but only on good days. And those days are really rare. I usually have to use it with another mascara to get satisfying results... and I think that is not okay especially for that price! It doesn't hold a curl at all, which is a huge minus for me because my lashes are barely visible then. Oh and it clumps like crazy.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2010 9:30:00 AM More reviews by corteznavarro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a ridiculous piece of crap. It doesn't work to anyones favours.

The texture is gloopy and messy. It dries on funny where you think that your eyeslashes will actually crunch and dess- integrate after touching them. Doesn't hold any curl, even with a decent eyelash curler. Does not come off. Does not even lengthen which is what it claims to do. No volume. Eyelashes look just as what they did before using it, except more hard and crunchy.

HORRIBLE! And I paid 25 for this in Myers, save your money for a better mascara, or better yet, go for a regular drugstore brand. Even they work better.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2010 9:07:00 AM More reviews by CCtjehh

My feelings about this product are mixed up.
For me it works quite well, my lashes are naturally curled and pretty long too. I never really had a mascara before which made my eyelashes so long, but it´s like a lot of people already said thick and not really naturel, but I can life with that, the day that I wore this mascara people were complimenting me of the great length that it gave me.

but something I totally dislike is that I can't remove it!
it's sooo waterproof that it just stays on! I actually tried how long this would stay on without smudging and after three days with NO DIFFERENCE I decided that it was the best for my lashes to take it off. If you want a mascara which doesn't smudge (note: when it's dry!) and stays on véry long, then this is the perfect mascara for you.

Note: Does anyone know how to get this mascara of quick and good? 'cause it's really a hell of a job for me...!

Edit:

If you use a good (extra) waterproof make-up remover it will do the trick. I use Nivea Extra Waterproof make-up remover and I have no problems with removing this mascara anymore ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2010 7:05:00 PM More reviews by dizzypanda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

love love love...friends think i have lash extensions on when i use this, and it hardly smudges at all! :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2010 6:31:00 AM More reviews by Bindi7

This is one of the best Waterproof mascaras i've used!!! I normally buy a waterproof mascara before i go away on holiday and i'm really glad i decided to give this one a go! Here's my lowdown on this mascara:

- lasts through humidity/rain/swimming/trips to the gym!!!
- goes on lovely
- no clumping
- gives length and a little volume
- nice size and shape brush

Would repurchase again and again!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2010 9:42:00 AM More reviews by jillianliqi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Its great and this is coming from someone who has given up on YSL and lancome. Though it makes my lashes feel hard and this being one of my first drugstore mascara, it makes me wonder is it a common problem among drugstore mascara. I certainly hope not cos i only switched to drugstore mascaras after hearing that there's no need to spend 3 times the price for something exactly the same and just pay for the brand name. But anyhoo, the effect is great. It does not volumise as well as my ysl faux cil nor phenomen'eyes though... So thats a let down there. Gonna try loreal voluminous next.