January 27, 2015 | 2056 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Natural Acne Solutions - Purifying Gel Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2013 5:36:00 AM More reviews by Jackieb2

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! Seriously, this is the best cleanser I have found in a LONG time that has actually helped my skin! I had no idea that Burt's Bees even had a line of acne-fighting skin care products until I went into Target and saw it in the Beauty section of the store. This has literally become my new favorite cleanser!

I have combination skin, and sometimes I get breakouts that can take a while to go away. For the past couple of years, I have been using LUSH products; and while I love their products, I've found that they became less effective for my skin over time. When I picked up this cleanser, along with the toner, spot treatment & moisturizer, I was taking a chance and hoping that this would just be a last-ditch effort in making my skin healthier. Well, IT WORKED! I have been using this cleanser, along with the other products in the acne line, and my skin looks amazing! I have little to no breakouts; and the ones I do have are almost instantly gone after washing my face with this products. It's a really gentle cleanser, it's effective in clearing up your skin, and it's not too expensive. I also love that it's made with natural ingredients; this cleanser doesnt' dry out your skin at all.

If you've been struggling to find a good acne/problem-skin line of products, then I highly recommend trying the Anti-Blemish Solutions line from Burt's Bees. It's amazing and will most likely work wonders for your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by macshine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This has become my favorite cleanser. The only one I've ever repurchased, and will probably repurchase it again. I've noticed significantly less breakouts, and if I do breakout, it goes away faster. It lathers very nicely, and removes the dirt and oil from my skin after a long day at work. It works so for me, I find myself using less or lighter foundation. It does not seem to remove long wearing makeup, but I use it to clean my face, not remove makeup. (If it's an issue for you, I'd recommend using it after a removing wipe.)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by paulineann97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

absolutely killed my skin. worked while i had oily skin but this quickly shed a layer off my face practically after a quarter of the bottle was used. the acid didn't go well with my sensitive skin but sure got rid of my acne, along with my skin cells. unless you dont have sensitive skin, it works great with acne

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2013 2:52:00 AM More reviews by greenberyl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Got this as a gift and although I don't have acne I thought I would give it a try instead of my usual AHA wash. It is great. I just put a little smear on to a warm face cloth and suds it up all over my face except my eyes. It cleans really well including removing makeup and leaves my skin soft and clean. I then rinse well with warm water. As I only use such a small amount the bottle has lasted me for months! Job done!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2013 12:37:00 PM More reviews by xshado

This is the first product i've used from burt's and bees' natural acne solutions.
I got this product after a desperate attempt to get rid of a bunch of breakouts (due to the clarisonic), and i was on the hunt for a natural/organic face cleanser but that was also affordable and easy to get.
I finally chose this product and i am glad i did.
This product didn't miraculously take away my acne, cold turkey, but it did help a lot.
It took me about a month for my face to finally start clearing up with this product.
I started using this product day and night, but i figured that it was too drying on my skin. (combo, sensitive skin)
The fact that is a gel is a bonus for me, i prefer cleansers to be gel and foam up.
So i got the clarins cleansing milk for morning and the burt's and bees acne solutions cleanser for night.
Then a toner.
I love how this product cleanses your face very well, even when i have my bb cream on, i test it out with the toner and i barely have any residue.
I've figured the more product you use on to cleanse your face the more it will dry your skin after using. So i say, a small amount would be enough, it really depends on your skin type.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2013 12:20:00 AM More reviews by JadoreNelle

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Got this in the acne kit. It smells good and works well at keeping acne at bay.... but it is horrible at removing makeup. It also doesnt lather much, which I dont like. I will stick to my original, tried and true Clearasil Sensitive face wash. I do like to use this after exfoliating to remove residue, so I will use the rest of the bottle but I will not be buying a new one.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2013 12:05:00 AM More reviews by mooneyes89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

average gel cleanser.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2013 12:15:00 PM More reviews by rachel03

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I didn't like it. I have combination skin and this product made my skin very dry. I wanted to like it since I usually love Burt's Bees products, but a short while after starting to use this, my skin started breaking out, and I'm convinced it was this. I'm still trying to get over that breakout that it caused me. If you want a better Burt's Bees acne product, you should try their Anti Blemish Pore Refining Scrub or their Soap Bark and Chamomile Cream Cleanser, which I switched back to and am using now.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 8:16:00 AM More reviews by Makeupluffer4ever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love This! It is so gentle yet it cleanses really well. I have oily skin and this takes off all the oil without drying out my skin. Usually I would like something a little more drying but this is perfect. Also keep in mind that you have to look into your diet and lifestyle to get to the root cause of breakouts. (For instance, going paleo improved my skin dramatically) acne is usually an internal thing for most people even if its genetic. But anyways, love this face wash [:

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2012 4:55:00 PM More reviews by puredew

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use it with the other Burt's Bees "Natural Acne Solutions" set, so overall, I love the whole line of these products. I have used other products before for acne, like Proactiv (clear skin but too harsh), Clinique, Clean and Clear, Neutrogena, etc. etc. None of them worked for me. However with Burt's bees, it didn't necessarily clear away my acne in one night but slowly improved my skin overall. My skin felt healthy and like it could breathe and I think that in effect improved my acne. If you do try to use it, use it with other Burt's Bees products (like the toner and moisturizer) because it really helps control your acne overall.