October 25, 2014 | 1754 users online

BB Cream - Dr. Jart+ - Blemish Balm Cream (black label)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2014 6:47:00 AM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

NOTE: I HAVE A SAMPLE NOT THE FULL SIZE.
Okay this is one of those products that I used where the ingredients look very good but the visuals leave more to be desired. This feels moisturizing and comftorable but like a lot of reviewers said it leaves a ghostly look on the skin.( I thought that my skin looked like it was covered in chalk and this was darker than my NW13 complexion!) This affect does seem to go away after you finish applying the rest of your makeup but still. Also this only comes in one color so its not for everyone.
The good news if you want to lighten your skin for whatever reason this has the ability to do so. It has broad spectrum sunscreen(mineral) and alpha arbutin in fairly high amounts. Arbutin works the same as hydroquinone but is viewed as safer by the public.
Other beneficial ingredients include:ginko biloba camellia sinesis leaf extract ubiquinone aloe and collagen. The packaging keeps the ingredients stable.
Ingredient cons:
if you have animal allergys beware of the collagen ingredient.
There is alcohol lower on the list and that is bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 11:24:00 PM More reviews by ashwur

A friend of mine actually recommended using this to help with my skin. I was a bit worried about buying it(it's not exactly cheap) and breaking out. But I went for it anyways and it's great. It is a bit dull at first but blends it very well. I like to put a mineral veil on after to reduce some of the shine it adds. It does a fairly good job covering the red marks and helping even out my skin tone. But my t zone does get oily by the end of a work day. This is actually the only thing I have ever used that I got complimented on which made me very happy.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2013 10:51:00 AM More reviews by beachesatnormandy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Thank goodness I only got this as a sample. I have combo skin, with very dry spots around my mouth, eyes and nose, and this product clung to those dry spots like it was their job. It accentuated them ridiculously, even after applying moisturizer the night before and morning of applying the BB cream.

It also stung the areas around the eyes, granted I have very sensitive eyes, but it was so bad that I had to remove it immediately. This bb cream isn't the same consistency as most American BB creams. It is that weird half moist, thicker, utterly indescribable texture of what I've seen of asian BB creams. The worst part about it, putting it on your face gives a very ghastly appearance. I looked like I had just decided to smash my face into some flour before leaving for the day. I am somewhere around a NW20, and generally use the light version of BB creams with no problems. But this made me look ridiculous.

I tried applying it with my fingers and with a brush. It worked much easier and came out better with a brush, however it was still nothing I would ever want on my face. I didn't notice any problems with it on my oily patches, it didn't get much oilier but it didn't mattify either. I wouldn't recommend this to any person with sensitive skin or any skin with even the smallest dry patches. It is SO expensive too. There are so many better options for those of us with combo skin, like the Maybelline Dream Fresh, which are a TON cheaper. Don't bother with this.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2013 2:42:00 PM More reviews by Veason

First of all, I specifically made an account just to write a review about this bb cream. I had tried the Dr. Jart water fuse before but it felt like an oily mess when I was done with it. I have been trying this black label version for over a month now and I'm glad I waited this long before writing anything.

I've tried a couple of different bb creams and I was using the Peter Thomas Roth bb cream but it was too dark and orange for me. My complexion is pretty fair with little to no break outs and I've always struggled with finding foundations and bb creams that match my skin tone or even come close. Finally I decided to call it quits even though I loved the finish of the PTR bb cream and how it didn't break me out.

In the beginning, before trying the Dr. Jart bb cream, I had maybe a pimple or two but they were pretty small and on their way out. I read the reviews on it before buying and was a little skeptical but the Sephora clerk kind of talked me into at least trying it. The first day the finish looked pretty great on and matched my color enough that I was happy. A couple of weeks into it, I still had some pimples that weren't going away and new ones but it was that time of the month so I assumed it was from that. I also had by then realized that after a couple of hours I was an oily mess and had to blot through out the day but decided to proceed to give it a pretty fair shot.

A month later (now) my face NEVER clears up which is insanely unusual. I have pimples all along my jawline at the moment and every time one heals another pops up. I've had to change my skin regimen to compensate. It has also seemed to really mess up my skin in health quality. I am going to go back to Sephora to return it today and try out the Garnier version. At this point I feel like anything would be better!

/end rant

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by kkate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

First off, this is my first BB cream so I have nothing to compare it to. I had been thinking about getting a BB cream for awhile for the days when I'm running late for class and don't have time to put on a whole face of makeup. After doing a decent amount of research, I decided to try this one and am so happy I did. It provides a nice light amount of coverage so I still feel okay leaving the house without this one. Frequently, I will still wear powder and concealer over it. I still wear moisturizer underneath. I have acne prone skin and this hasn't caused additional breakouts. Overall I've been super pleased by my purchase. If I only had to buy one piece of makeup, this would be it. It has become essential to my daily regimen.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2013 4:34:00 PM More reviews by belle2000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Left my face feeling greasy and sticky, with hairs sticking to me face. 6 hours after application still looks freshly applied, the color did not oxidize. The color however was not for me, too pink/ ashy looking. I would stick to Garniers BB more for the money, and the golden color suits me better.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by holychiller

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have tried many BB creams and this is by far my favourite. It doesn't break me out which is pretty outstanding considering I usually break out immediately using products with added SPF.

Some people dislike the dewy/shiny look of this product but I am actually super into it!! This will NOT GIVE YOU MATTE SKIN!! But I think dewy is a nice fresh look.

Also I blind ordered online and was lucky enough that it matched my skintone perfectly (fair/pink undertone). Don't be alarmed - it initially goes on with a VERY VERY grey colour, but it soon settles and blends in. I was pretty freaked out at first :)

Not super heavy coverage, I usually mix a pea-sized amount with my moisturizer and I'm good to go!

I am on my second tube of this, would highly recommend for light/fair skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by pinkcandii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

TBC

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 9.533%; Zinc Oxide 3.840%;

Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Silica, Arbutin, Iron Oxides, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Calcium Stearate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Sorbitan Olivate, Caprylyl Glycol, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sorbitan Isostearate, Ozokerite, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax, 1,2 Hexanediol, Disodium EDTA, Ubiquinone, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Caviar Extract, Propylene Glycol, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Alcohol, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glyceryl Caprylate, Potassium Sorbate, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Sodium Benzoate

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2013 1:51:00 AM More reviews by woaifobs

There are tons of BB and CC creams on the market today. I've been using BB creams since they first became popular in Korea. Dr. Jart+ is the most expensive BB cream but I would not purchase again.

It does give better coverage than most others but it I don't like that it is extremely heavy and oily. If I'm going to use BB cream for an all day tinted moisturizer, it's not good to be super shiny the second you put it on. This may be good for you if your skin is dry and T-zone does not get oily.

In addition, the smell isn't all that nice. I would prefer no smell if they aren't going to make the effort to make it smell nice.

Bottomline: It's a good BB cream in terms of moisturizing/SPF properties and coverage, but it's just too oily for all-day/everyday use. For the price, that is unacceptable.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by Puresimple1

I got this in a sample size (sephora summer beauty essentials point perk 250) and I tried it today! I like the texture better than the maybelline bb cream! It's a little too pink toned. Didn't do much for acne. Evened the skin a little bit. I would be careful how you apply it, it can get cakey! Use a pressing action!