July 24, 2014 | 1705 users online

Eye Shadow - Cargo - Essential Eye Palette Cool/Neutral

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2011 10:35:00 PM More reviews by queijada

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Great no-thought product that is perfect for a conservative work environment. The shadows are creamy and blendable, and go on sheer but can be built up. I have the warm neutral palette as well, and they make life easier. Worth the $32.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2011 12:27:00 AM More reviews by dcausey

This is my favorite overall eye shadow palette for day time, fool proof matte shadows that don't crease, cool neutrals that are not muddy. However, there is no brush in the palette, and that is a real inconvenience, especially when I travel. The compact is really heavy too, totally unnecessary. My girlfriend bought one of these and after she had it two weeks the top snapped off in her hand. She was annoyed, but kept it. She doesn't travel with it either....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2011 3:35:00 PM More reviews by rockangel04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My favorite palette for grey toned neutrals. I had been looking for a palette with matte, grey colors and this is working perfectly. The two darker shades are a taupe/grey and the lighter shades are a creamy neutral color. This is one of my favorite palettes that I use regularly. I don't, however, like the bulkiness of the packaging...I'm not really sure what up the with "ginormous" hard clear plastic case. Maybe for durability, don't know...but it wouldn't prevent me from buying it again. I am pretty sure if they eliminated some of that bulk and reconsidered the packaging they could knock a few bucks off the price. I either follow the guide or do my own thing, the possible looks are up to you and your imagination. They have good staying power and decent pay off and even though the colors are matte they don't look dull at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2011 9:14:00 AM More reviews by arodwhat

This item is foolproof. I wear it exactly how it says to wear it: I put the lightest color up to my brow bone, second lightest on the lid, second darkest in the crease, and darkest in the outer V. The outcome is the most polished looking neutral eye I have ever seen. It looks great with my skin tone since it is made for cool toned gals and it really makes my blue eyes pop. The nice thing about this palette is that you can layer it for intensity too. I can put it on lighter for the daytime and then add more at night to jazz it up. I actually did this the other night when I went out with my friends and my one friend looked at my eye make up and said "Ooo, Taylor Swift make up!" meaning it looked smokey and sultry. So this palette is really versatile. The colors have been described well below so I won't go into them, but I will say that the second darkest color (meant for the crease) also makes for a nice brow powder. I have tons of neutral palettes (even the much coveted Dior Iridescent Leather) and this tops them all. <3

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2011 8:21:00 AM More reviews by RingofFire

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Currently my favorite neutral palette. The crease and the lid shades are my ''go to'' colors. Goes on nicely on the lid and not too much dryness, as most mattes can look . Hopefully Cargo will not discontinue or at LEAST keep those two shades. The perfect cool -toned matte palette ---and I have looked everywhere.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2010 9:48:00 PM More reviews by mtycer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this palette. The colors are great and work well together. While the packaging seems hefty, the hinge isn't that sturdy and the plastic has broken on at least one of mine. Still a great product, and I've already purchased a backup.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2010 9:43:00 PM More reviews by 305beauty4ever

I actually got these colors in the 7in7 sample sized kit and had no intention of liking these as they looked too matte. The first time I tried this I was like WOW - THIS is how a "neutral" eye is supposed to look! Like most others have mentioned most neutral combos make me look tired and a total mess at the end of the day. This pallete goes together perfectly and you can use this day and into the night. They last all day and make my blue eyes pop like no other shadows have ever done. I will definitely buy the full size version when I use my samples up. I find I use these every day now! If I want a little color I just use my Elizabeth Arden's "Bubbles" and what an amazing look I have. These shadows are a must-have for anyone!!!!!!!!!! Great blendability and lasting power. Cannot live without these now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2010 5:06:00 PM More reviews by shanstuff

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This palette has truly become an essential staple for me. I have to be at work at 6:30 a.m. each day, and it's great having a quad that requires absolutely no thought or coordination at that time of the morning. The colors are perfectly coordinated and wonderfully graduated, so they complement one another very well. They are highly pigmented, so a little goes a long way. They are matte and go on satiny smooth, and blending is a breeze...plus, they are versatile. You can use 2, 3 or 4 of the colors at a time depending on how defined an eye you want. The darkest color (labeled for the "v") makes a great eyeliner, as well. Great quality, great colors, just a great product overall. I'll probably try the warm neutral palette next.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2010 12:15:00 AM More reviews by KatieRoxx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Picked this up at Sephora for 50% off since they aren't going to carry Cargo products anymore (Noooooo!!!!). I love Cargo shadows and this palette contains my favorite discontinued shade (Santa Fe) which was repackaged as "Willow" in their Plant Love line and now is featured as the "Lid" color in this kit. But all the shades are very complimentary.

The Cargo shadows are long lasting and the "Outer Corner" shadow in this kit works really well as an eyeliner when I use my small Shu Uemera brush. I like the packaging for this kit...I actually found its pretty sturdy and the built in mirror is helpful. This is a great kit to travel with as it has all the basic colors you need and it saves having to pack an eyeliner in your cosmetics bag if you have a small eyeliner brush to draw a finer liner with the shadow. I would buy this again even if I had to pay full price.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2010 10:26:00 PM More reviews by ElleJae

A really great beginner/neutral palette!

It gives a really nice natural look and is really easy to use. The browns that came with it are so versatile and I find myself reaching for it whenever I need nice matte colours to darken a look and the crease colour is great for the outer V when you're doing a natural barely there look! The only downside is that my lid started to get a little wobbly after using it a couple times and the packaging is kinda heavy (maybe to accommodate the big mirror it comes with? not necessarily a bad thing though! ;])