July 25, 2014 | 1808 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Caviar Ink

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2012 12:38:00 AM More reviews by misslu990

I received this in a swap & I'm glad I did. I really took a liking to this liner. I switch it up between this & my mac blitz & glitz. IMO I think this liner lasts longer than my fluidline when I wing it out at the ends of my eyes. This color is perfect b/c it is not super black. I apply it with my mac eye liner brush & it lasts all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2011 11:13:00 PM More reviews by dianeluis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My favorite, and most used gel eyeliner. I have had my current jar for almost 2 years and it still applies as smoothly and creamy as it did the day I purchased it. It is the perfect daytime dark eyeliner and the perfect dark liner for light skinned ladies. Highly recommend!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2011 6:28:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

There is something about this product that I think I'm missing out on.
My partner recently took me out for our anniversary the other night, and all I wanted to do was look beautiful.
I had no eyeshadows on, I only had Bobbie Brown Gel Liner in Caviar Ink and YSL Faux Cils mascara as my eye makeup.
This flaked like crazy! I was soo disappointed. The content in my jar was rather dry, it didn't apply as great as I hoped for. I remember I had to dig my brush in the jar just for some product.
I knew the flaking was not from my mascara, I used my mascara religiously and never had that problem.
To me this can never compare to my MAC Fluidline, and seriously I hate Napoleon Perdis product soo much but, I'm not hesitant to say that even the Napoleon Perdis China Doll Liner is much better then this when it was still usuable(Napoleon Perdis China Doll Liner starts off great and then the content dries up later, but this is dry from day one).
I feel as though I'm missing out on something with Bobbi Brown, I've made 2 purchase from Bobbi Brown and both are horrific, and to top things off its expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2011 8:27:00 AM More reviews by spyral

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Dry out prevention suggestions! I love BB gel liners and will continue to buy them unless another company creates something better. Caviar Ink is my go to fall/winter shade. To prevent dry out, here are two suggestions: 1) use a cotton swab to wipe away the dry top layer at least once a month. It will reveal the moister layer trapped below it. 2) cut out a small size piece of plastic food wrap. After you finish using the eye liner, gently press it against the product with your finger and close the lid as usual. This will protect it from the air that gets trapped inside the jar. You should replace the plastic wrap from time to time for hygienic reasons. Hope this helps!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2011 9:52:00 AM More reviews by GetLowxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I love Bobbi's gel eyeliners, I have tried other brands throughout the years and will always go back to these. I normally use Black Ink, but after I ran out of my pot (managed to get 2+ years out of it with normal wear), I decided to try Caviar. A great choice if you like black eyeliner, but don't want it too black and if you think brown is too light. This is the perfect in between shade. These gel liners have the best consistency and are easy to apply and stay put ALL DAY. I apply mine with a MAC #263 brush and it gives me a razor sharp thin line or a thicker line if I want. Perfection in a pot!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2011 12:28:00 AM More reviews by BarbItalia

I am so glad I bought this, I so love this shade! It's a deeply pigmented, very dark liner that appears to be a soft - but not muted or greyed - black. Super-creamy like all of BB's gel liners and a pleasure to apply. I tightline with this, apply on my upper lid and also softly at the roots of my lower lashes. Fabulous. Lasts until I remove it. I imagine Caviar Ink would great on anyone who wants a dark liner to make their lashes look thicker and their eyes to look larger and well-defined.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2011 2:16:00 AM More reviews by Deandra

Caviar looks almost black but Bobbi still calls it brown, but it's a deeper darker brown than Espresso. It looks great with blue eyes, and can be worn with any eyeshadow color. If you can only purchase one color in the gel liners, this is the safest bet. I've been using BB gel liners for years - they are the longest wearing liners I've found and once you get the hang of application, it doesn't take long to use. The only problem I've ever had is that after a few months they do tend to dry out and you need to replace them, even if there is still plenty of product left. This is probably because the glass jar isn't completely airtight. Other than that, a perfect liner.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2011 5:02:00 PM More reviews by lovesmakeup525

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My favorite eyeliner ever. My everyday is Espresso but I wanted to try Caviar too since they are similar. What the cosmeticians told me was that Caviar is between Espresso and Black, like a soft black.

Regardless of what color you want, buy this eyeliner. I love it so much and if you don't break the pot it will last a long time. My old one lasted 7 months until I accidentally broke it but there was more than half the product left and it didn't seem to dry out, flake, or lose its color at all.

Espresso and Caviar look very similar in the mirror and in the pot, but in pictures and certain lighting the Caviar looks darker and pretty much black while the Espresso looks deep brown.

I wear Espresso for casual/everyday but sometimes I want a slightly more dramatic look yet I find black to be too harsh unless I'm going super glam, which I rarely do. Black also sometimes looks too cool or grayish, especially a soft black liner, but this is warm and the undertones are brownish, so you don't get the charcoal look but a true soft warm black, which is much prettier on most people in my opinion.

All in all, Espresso is like a deep blackened shade of brown, while Caviar is like a slightly brownish shade of black.

Caviar is a great universal color. If you are the type who doesn't look overdone in real black, this would be a good casual/everyday color for you as it is still black but warmer and softer. If you are the type who finds black harsh for everyday, I'd say get this for a fancy occasion and a brown shade like Espresso or a step lighter for everyday, as it still looks black but softer than the typical black.

Also, It won't look washed out or reddish in pictures the way brownish eyeliner tends to do, and I found that Espresso is great but it tends to come out lighter and slightly reddish tinted in pictures than it looks in person.

For some reason this shade seems to glide on more quickly and deeply than Espresso, but that's probably just because it's a darker shade.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2011 2:09:00 AM More reviews by edelweiss7579

I think its ok. It stays on throughout the day but if I do a lot of activity or sweat a little, it doesn't stay on very well. I had really high expectations after reading all the reviews and paying all that money and I was kind of disappointed. Perhaps I should try I primer underneath it but I don't think it is worth $21. I recently bought the Maybelline gel liner and it seems to work just as well, if not better. I've had my BB for about 5 months and was using it everyday but now I've started using my Mayebelline. I will probably finish my BB though so I don't feel like I wasted $ but again, Maybelline is just as good for a much cheaper price!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2011 12:09:00 PM More reviews by sugamonkey

My HG almost black liner! I already have Espresso, which I LOVE and is my goes-w-all-eye-looks e/l. Got Caviar Ink cuz I wanted an almost black e/l for more oompf. Goes on smooth and lasts all day, even through a workout. This is good for a nude e/s cat eye look without being too harsh (sometimes black is too cool and harsh on me) . It makes my dk. brown eyes richer and brings out the gold. I'm lt-med asian with yellow undertones, dk. brown hair and eyes.
EDIT: I caved and bought Black Ink for my winged cat eye days. Black Ink is richer and makes for a better cat eye. BUT, I still love Caviar Ink:)