September 22, 2014 | 964 users online

Lip Treatments - eos - Lip Balm Sphere - Sweet Mint

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2014 12:10:00 PM More reviews by butterfly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

love the product! smells wonderful, not too overpowering and it feels great. Hate the packaging. I leave it in my nightstand, so it's fine but would never think of putting it in my purse. way too bulky!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 4:14:00 PM More reviews by janef123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the formula, it moisturized my lips very well, and it smells minty. The price is hard to beat, and it's just a great inexpensive lip balm. I would definitely repurchase this product and I highly recomend it, it's my favorite lip balm, and it stays on for a couple hours. My only complaint would be that once the lip balm is flat, the lip balm is still there, but it's hard to get out since there's no screw that lets you get the rest out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2014 1:34:00 PM More reviews by allymack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I avoided these lip balms for a long time - I'm not sure why. I think I thought the container was too gimmicky. Once I got a look at the ingredients, though, I was pleasantly surprised and bought a couple in Sweet Mint and the melon flavour.
Here's my beef: I'm not sure if I'm the only one who has this experience, but I've noticed mint-flavored lip balms dry out my lips over the long term, so I would not repurchase this particular flavor. However, the melon is amazingly hydrating and I would buy it again. I'm really eager to try the vanilla (the only really neutral flavour aside from the Sweet Mint), and I'm bummed that it only appears to be available in a set rather than along with the other eos flavor drugstore mainstays.
The packaging is definitely the biggest draw for this balm. I tend to keep lip balm everywhere, and it's nice to have this cute, futuristic sphere just sitting on my desk and nightstand rather than having to deal with a tube rolling around all over the place. The shape is very pleasing and I love the feel of it in my hand.
It seems like a bit of a bummer to have to toss the container once the lip balm is used up, so at some point I googled to see if there was a way to refill the container. I did find at least one link describing how to re-fill it, which I plan to try once my balm runs out. Anyways, I thought I'd mention that here since the container does use a fair bit of plastic and it'd be a shame to waste all of that.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2014 1:09:00 PM More reviews by ham409

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Everyone talks about these, and I was suckered into it too. I have tried the medicated tangerine, mint, and blueberry. The medicated tangerine is the only one that worked on my lips. Both the mint and blueberry felt "hard" on my lips and left a tacky texture that dried out my lips more. I tossed both the mint and blueberry much to my dismay, but they just made my lips worse for some reason. I think this lip balm is uber cute, and they are especially pretty when you own a bunch of different colored ones. However, they don't perform well on my lips. I think I prefer nivea and burt's bee over this.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2014 3:11:00 PM More reviews by sarahrose53

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really don't think this particular eos lip balm is worth the hype. Perhaps some of the other flavors have a better formula, but this one honestly does not do much for me. At first it feels nice and hydrating, but I actually think that in the long run, this dries my lips out. It could be because of the mint aspect of it - I've actually heard that mint or menthol can sometimes dry your lips out rather than hydrating them. While this does have a nice cooling effect and it smells nice, I think it's overpriced for a product that makes my lips more dry. The packing is cute, but it's honestly bulky, and I would rather have a lip balm in a traditional twist-up stick than this. I think the spherical shape makes application harder than it needs to be.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2014 7:11:00 PM More reviews by SarahMcD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the third eos Lip Balm Sphere I've tried and it's the best of the lot so far. I think the packaging is cute, but it's too bulky and it makes application awkward. I can get past that, though. This is authentically minty, but despite that it doesn't dry or irritate my lips. It's a very smooth formula that stays on well and moisturizes nicely. It's good for daytime use - it's not a heavy duty, dead-of-winter, overnight treatment or anything, but it's pretty good. Easy to find, reasonable price. Would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 5:00:00 PM More reviews by pickmepinup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Sweet Mint is the smoothiest, easiest-applying EOS lip balm in their collection of scents. Mildly tingly, fresh and good for maintaining lips and keeping them supple and smooth.

EOS doesn't do a good job healing lips that are already chapped or weathered, and isn't super protective, but is great for just smoothing on around the house or before lipstick. I like the mild minty scent as it's much less powerful than their fruity ones which I'm not always in the mood for right under my nose lol.

Feels nice and barely-there on the lips, not too thick or too thin, but doesn't give any shine so if that's what you're looking for then you might want to try something away from the EOS line.

Its little egg-shaped packaging is adorable and girly and easy to find in your purse but is bulky in your pocket and tends to roll about at the most inconvenient times. Not totally practical but I like anything cute.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

Funny how I had this no probs but I went to replace it & now the new one is burning my poor lips like kray-kray. The packaging is cute enough albeit a bit bulky, I don't mind paying USD$3.29 + tax when something is good but this I am very disappointed in...Too bad!! I am sorry but I need to go apply some Carmex like *now*!!!!!! ;/ (very disappointed.)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2014 9:08:00 PM More reviews by rose1087

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Reading the reviews below, it seems like people either like the product for its "cute" packaging, or people do not like the product at all due to the product itself. I happen to be the opposite. I hate the packaging... it is so bulky. However, the product inside is one of the few that sooths my lips without burning or peeling. I have a terrible habit of biting the skin off of my lips (gross I know), to the point where my lips hurt really badly. This sooths them and recovers them beautifully. When I wear this overnight, my lips are happy and soft the next morning. I think I'm on my 3rd or 4th one.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2014 8:40:00 PM More reviews by et3naltwilight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This lipbalm made my lips peel until it's all red, and bleeding. I would not suggest this. They probably added some ingredient in it to promote peeling so that customers would continue to apply it thinking that their lips are too dry.

I guess it's back to Burt's Bees...but their lipbalms are so expensive. And their tube broke on me. :(