July 26, 2014 | 967 users online

Moisturizers - Boots - expert shine control lotion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2012 9:34:00 AM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

In the summer I am oilier, and between that and the fact that I work at a job that is very physical, and I get very hot there, my face gets very, very shiny. On work days, even my usually successful face powders just aren't holding up. I decided to give this a try, mostly because of the very reasonable price (not much to lose). It really works quite well. My foundation applies well over it. It has greatly reduced the amount of shine I am getting on my face, and eliminates it completely for quite a few hours. I haven't had any issues with the pump as others have. Maybe they have improved the pump?

Really a quite effective product at a great price.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2012 3:39:00 AM More reviews by MiaMore84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It actually worked on my combo skin w/oily t-zone

PROS:
Affordable
Easy to find (@ Target)
No harsh scent - smells very fresh and pleasant
Not harsh
Spreads nicely
A little goes a long way
Good amount of product
Didn't make me break out
Nice cool feeling on skin
Skin feels soft and matte
Made my t-zone less oily by end of the day!
Doesn't affect my BB cream/foundation...still blends well
Great trustable brand name: BOOTS

CONS:
The pump SUCKS - can disperse too much product by shooting it out and can get stuck at times

Can be somewhat drying on your already dry patches

I'd totally repurchase anything from Boots!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2012 3:23:00 AM More reviews by lolomakeup84

Pros: Has pump and Cheap
Cons: Doesn't control shine/oil, doesn't moisturize dry patches.

I will not be re-purchasing. Its bascially sitting on my dresser collecting dust.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2011 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Tia22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used this product for a while now & can say it does the job. I have oily, acne-prone skin (mild) & I find that this product works great for me. I love the matte feel I get with this product, although it's not long lasting I feel it keeps my skin balanced. However I find during the winter months using a slightly more moisturizing lotion at night keeps my skin balanced. As I always say the key to finding a good skin regime is trial and error to find out what works for you. Good Luck!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2011 4:06:00 AM More reviews by ariellezbellz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is amaaazing! It is one of the better drugstore moisturizers out there and its so cheap! The only thing is if you have open wounds on your face, the alcohol will.make it sting!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2011 9:31:00 PM More reviews by mayascara

This is a nice shine control lotion that doesn't dry my skin out. I use it mostly for my t-zone because my cheeks aren't as oily. The main problem I have is with the pump, it gets out wayyy too much product, since a little bit of this goes a long way. I'd also like to mention that this has alcohol as its 4th ingredient, and I know some pl are iffy about that. It absorbs quickly and controls oil for a couple of hours, pretty good for a lotion that doesn't dry your skin out. For $6 at Target it's worth trying

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2011 7:37:00 PM More reviews by BRANDI7013

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

WOW! I cannot be without this stuff!! I have tried everything under the sun to control my oil--it is ridiculous!! I have the oiliest skin known to man and this stuff works wonders!! My mom knows about how I am always trying to find something to help with the oil. So, one day she brought this home because she got suckered into the Boots lady at Target. My first thoughts were that she just wasted money. And, this stuff sat in my drawer for like a month before I even tested it. What is wrong with me? I'm telling you my drawers are FULL of stuff to try and control my oil--Hight End and Drugstore stuff. I hope it never quits working because its a miracle in a bottle!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2011 8:01:00 PM More reviews by kitkatelectric

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Good thing it's cheap. It doesn't work and the pump gets stuck. Bad investment

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2011 4:43:00 PM More reviews by JasmineC

Okay so this is my first impression. Update soon ! I applied this today and it didn't get rid of my dry patches but it did minimize the shine. I did have to oil blot but only once . So far it good , im still testing it out

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2010 2:45:00 AM More reviews by mjm88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Who would of thought that a $5 moisturizer would be so amazing!? I was very apprehensive because I'm used to HE brands. Everything either makes me super oily or dries me out, this is perfect! I have def noticed a difference in my skin, much less oiler than usual. I love that this is for sensitive skin and there is absolutely no fragrance. My only complaint is the pump leaks and on really dry winter days, I sometimes need a little bit heavier moisturizer on some areas.