April 21, 2014 | 1098 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Matte Foundation spf 15

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2014 1:57:00 PM More reviews by Rebeccalamour

This is by far the most deceiving makeup product and makeup brand I have ever come across. Whatever they use in the commercials is NOT what is sold in stores. It was literally like rubbing dirt into my face. I would give Bare Minerals a 0 rating if I could. They market it as supposedly 'good' for your skin, however I found it broke me out, I normally have fairly clear skin, so this was alarming. No matter how much primer and lotion I put on my face ahead of time, this foundation looked like weird chalk had been smeared on my face, clearly not a good look. Don't fall for the Bare Minerals gimmick, there are SO many other, high quality foundations in the world.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 1:30:00 PM More reviews by cashmerecatt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The matte finish mineral foundation is my go-to and has been for years. I've got very sensitive acne-prone skin that is usually more oily than dry, and I prefer to be as un-shiny as I can be. This foundation is perfect for that. No matter what other liquids, BB creams or powder foundations I dabble in, I always come crawling back to this one after the ferocious breakouts occur to let my skin recover. Buildable coverage, does not clog pores (nor does it contain the bismuth oxychloride that can cause itching with the original loose foundation).
The packaging is better since they have the twist-lock for the foundation - I loose much less powder this way, and so it lasts me 5-6 months.
Make sure when you wear this powder that you use moisturizer AND primer. From where it's a matte-finish dry formula, it can look dry on the skin unless you've properly prepped your skin. This stuff also makes a really good setting/finishing powder for liquids if you like a matte-finish look but don't feel like building up the coverage of the powder on its own.

My main beef is that Bareminerals doesn't offer as wide of a variety of shades as they could. I find myself consistently between Fairly Light and Medium Beige, or between Medium Beige and Medium Tan during the summer and so I have to mix them together in the lid, which is time consuming and annoying (and hence the exploration of other foundation brands that inevitably leads to breakout nightmares).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2014 7:38:00 PM More reviews by littlenrae

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation. It is light weight and doesn't leave my skin feeling powdery or cakey. It is small and easy to travel with as well as keep in my purse. I have a bit of acne and scarring and I like to use a bit of concealer with this foundation, but if I didn't have my HG concealer, I would use the foundation in trouble spots as a concealer too. The only down side of this foundation is that there isn't much of a color selection. I have very fair skin and the lightest shade still feels a bit too dark to me, but still works. Overall, I love this foundation and it has never broken me out :) It controls my oily skin and I will definitely repurchase :))

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Sniffy50

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Loving this stuff. Covers great, looks natural, not oily. Best of all I swipe it on and go. Doesn't feel like I am wearing foundation unlike the heavy feel of liquids. This is a winner!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by SmileNowCriiL8r

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

So i bought this because I received a gift card to Sephora and have always wanted to try it.

It has a clever little package that has a twisty-motion top that keeps the product from getting all over the place during travel, so that's pretty sweet.

This has light to medium coverage. Its buildable. You have to apply one layer, wait a few minutes, and then apply the next. I use a kabuki brush from E.L.F. It actually gives a really natural finish and you don't sparkle like Edward Cullen as with most mineral foundations. It really is matte.

Make sure you get color matched for your shade and then check that color in sunlight. I have this in the Fairly Light shade.

Definitely wear a moisturizer under this or it will look horrible.

My skin is pretty sensitive to makeup and breaks out easily. This product never breaks me out so I would definitely repurchase.

Only bad thing is that It was about $30 or so, which I consider to be expensive.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 11:52:00 AM More reviews by ashmaaa

This is the first foundation that actually feels like skin to me. Super light, breathable healthy everyday foundation. Fell in love from the first application. It costs $49 here in Singapore so i checked a lot of reviews on youtube before purchasing it and i must say 90% of the people using this were people with extremely good skin. You know the kind of people who dont even need makeup? Whereas i have terrible terrible acne scarring AND an ongoing acne party on my face all the time. Obviously i wasnt looking for coverage, i have other foundations for must-cover situations but for everyday its excellent because it just about covers my redness which is all i want for everyday.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2014 5:31:00 AM More reviews by Allymays

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Everyone's skin is different so if you want to buy this foundation you never know it could work for you. For me I just wanted to wear something lighter than my liquid foundation which is the Estée Lauder Dw btw great foundation! I actually put this mineral foundation on than a light powder of the mattify cosmetics ultra matte powder and it worked for me. People need to know it is just a mineral foundation and won't give you the best coverage so if u hate that it's not full coverage just stick to Liquid or cream foundations. And no foundation is going to control your oil 100% but just think the plus side if u have oily skin your skin will age better ;)

Overal I like it :) not love it but I like it

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2014 12:22:00 AM More reviews by EmilyHobson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well I had heard hype about this product forever and finally decides to give it a try. I have very oily skin and had heard it was a good product to use. Unfortunately, I was very disappointed. My face got very oily and quickly. Even more so than with liquid foundation! Maybe my expectations were too high but I really don't see why people love this. Taking it back to Ulta tomorrow.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2014 4:07:00 PM More reviews by dstar12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

You need to be realistic with your expectations about this "foundation" (I put foundation in quotation marks because to me, this is really a power +). I bought it because I was tired of wearing liquid foundation on a daily basis, which I found quite heavy, and wanted to switch back to a more natural looking makeup routine. I also have acne prone skin and wanted to try mineral makeup sine it is supposed to be good for my skin type.

I've read this is a medium coverage, and if you gradually build it up I supposed it could be. But basically, it is a light foundation with decent oil control. I don't have bad skin right now so I just put concealer in my problem areas, and then dust this in my t-zone to take away any shine. If you're looking for super oil control and maximum coverage, this obviously isn't for you. This is a good low-maintenance foundation with a little coverage and oil control, but will not hide major imperfections or take away all your oily face problems.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Elena95

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product has been great for my acne prone skin. Before I used this product I was always wearing liquid foundations that made my skin feel very oily and made me have alot more breakouts. Now my face looks and feels alot better! The coverage is a bit light but I prefer it because it looks natural. The only problem is that when I try to get some extra coverage you can notice the powder on your face, but maybe I don't blend it enough.