October 25, 2014 | 1806 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Matte Foundation spf 15

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2014 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Aprilsfool413

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

So I wanted to give this foundation a try because I have oily skin and I also just wanted a light powder to wear in the summer (that was quick and easy) to even out my skin tone a little... For about three weeks this foundation was great! It was quick and easy and gave the perfect amount of coverage for MY skin (which is why I gave it some credit). But then the worst happened... My job requires me to be outside every other day for hours... And with the heat, sun, sweat and this makeup together my skin BROKE OUT in skin colored bumps (on my forehead) and tiny cyst like white heads around my mouth. The breakout was like a rash of some kind. I tried popping the white heads (with a extracting tool) , but they'd come back. The skin colored bumps wouldn't even pop. Coconut oil and discontinuation of using the foundation has improved my skin. But just be careful with this foundation. It can cause skin irritation. I won't be wearing it ever again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by xXsharlyXx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I was using this product over a year ago,not so sure why I stopped using it. Think it's probably because I wanted to try different foundations! Well I've tried so many now it's unreal, Estée Lauder,clinique, most drug store ones,Lily lolo, and many others. This one is definitely the best for me. After a year of not using this I forgot how good it actually is. It lasts me for around 6months and I use it everyday it doesn't brake me out or cause skin problems and after a while of using it,it does help your skin rather than block pores. I use the matte one because of my very oily skin I do need to plot during the day but it stays put for a good 8 hours of working in a warm environment. You really need to use the bare minerals brushes to apply this for the best results only using a small amount of product buffing it into the skin. I think mineral powders are far far better than any liquid foundations I have tried especially if you have oily acne prone skin like myself. The coverage of this foundation is amazing I do use the bare minerals multi tasking concealer with the bare minerals concealer brush before applying the foundation because my skin is far from perfect it covers my acne scars well and blends effortlessly into the skin. Hope you find this review helpful :) xx

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2014 10:47:00 AM More reviews by Annabellagrant

I'm on the fence about this foundation because I wear it every day. There's a good amount in the package. And it is a nicer matte than the Ready or Original which are more luminous. However, this foundation, like another reviewer said is more like a heavy powder. It doesn't conceal or reduce any kid of redness. I honestly use it out of habit. And it needs a primer and setting powder period otherwise you'll find yourself with your makeup sliding right off your face.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2014 12:16:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

I found this to look better on the skin than the original but I still did not care for it.
My skin gets way too shiny way too quickly with their foundations. I do not think they look natural on the skin and I do not like how they blend out. I have found better ones for half or even less than the price of these.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 3:38:00 PM More reviews by hlovespearl

I think a lot of people are buying this with out really knowing what to expect. Yes, this claims to be a foundation. I'm not sure if that's what I would label it as. I think it is more of a full coverage powder instead of a foundation. This isn't going to cover imperfections perfectly. It will even out the skin tone, but for blemishes/acne scars you will definitely need a concealer to go with this. How I use this product is by first applying concealer to my trouble areas (blemishes, acne scars, under eye, and around my nose) then I go in and use this to set everything and slightly even out my skin tone. Commercials make this sound like a miracle product that will blow every other product out of the water. I do feel that this is an amazing product, but keep in mind you are going to need another product to go with this. (BB creams work generated under this on a good skin day!)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2014 7:33:00 AM More reviews by LucyLamb

I HATED this product…. it did not hide my imperfections but made them more noticeable. Instead of concealing a dry patch like my Estee Lauder DoubleWear does, it amplifies it. instead of making my pores disappear, it magnified them! I looked like I had pock marks all over my nose. No matter how much buffing I did, there was no way to blend it in more. Plus, I had to keep adding powder to my nose because it did not stop the oil well at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2014 2:22:00 AM More reviews by addkg777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

i think i might always have a jar of this in my stash. its fool proof and it doesnt break me out.
i took off a lippy cause it can be a tad drying and cakey if you over apply

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 5:33:00 AM More reviews by Cjessicaaa

I've worn the original powders for 5 years. This one is a step up, because I have oily/dry skin and this product goes on great. I wear either this or ready foundation (bare minerals) on top of a bb cream and it works perfectly, lasts almost all day but of course I retouch during the day since my face gets oily. It works as perfect w/o a bb cream as well, I just prefer to use both. I use medium beige.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 4:01:00 AM More reviews by LilMissMatched

I like this mineral makeup. Has a creamy consistency, strangely enough, and glides on like buttah. I will be repurchasing, the makeup slave that I am.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2014 8:01:00 PM More reviews by upinspace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It literally did nothing to my skin. I couldn't detect where it was anywhere on my face, except if I literally caked it on so it'd look awful. It really accentuates my dry spots. Overpriced and all that.

Whatever, not worth it.