Urban Decay Complexion Primer Potion - Pore Perfecting

3.0

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Dimethicone,Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer,Cyclopentasiloxane,Hexyl Laurate,Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate,PEG-10 Dimethicone,Phenoxyethanol,Stearic Acid,HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer,Alumina,Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil,Ethylhexylglycerin,Silica May Contain: CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide) (VEGAN)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I never used primer being that I use minimal makeup and never really saw the need. My face has always been annoyingly oily, but recently I noticed my face was getting ridiculously oily, especially because the weather has been really hot. After putting on makeup (and even when not wearing makeup) within the hour my face would already be extremely oily and greasy looking. I have suffered from mild acne since high school and have a few scars and large pores on my cheeks under my eyes. So I was not liking how my face was looking due to the oiliness which was causing my pores and scares to be very visible. So I started looking up products to help with large pores/oiliness. I found that witch hazel is good for my concerns. I also started using a different cleanser and moisturizer. And then I came upon some reviews for Benefit Porefessional primer. I immediately decided I wanted to try it and went to Ulta to check it out. Long story short I left with a sample of Urban Decay pore perfecting primer. I left the store regretting not asking for a sample of Benefit Porefessional. None the less I tried the Urban Decay sample and immediately noticed how smooth it felt on my skin. It also instantly gave me a matte look and improved my complexion. I put my mineral powder foundation on and went about my day. I noticed my face did not get oily for a very long time and even when it did start to it was very minimal and didn't look bad, more like a glow. I was happy with it. But I had convinced myself from seeing reviews that Benefit Porefessional was going to be a life changer (for my face). So I went to Sephora and got a sample, tried it and to my disappointment did not like it at all. It flaked when smoothed onto my skin and did not help control oil at all. I went back to using the Urban Decay primer sample and after a week decided I really love this product! When I ran out I had no question I wanted to go buy the full size. I love it. I don't know why it doesn't have a lot of good reviews, but for me it's a must now in my makeup routine or even when not wearing makeup. I love how it smooths out my complexion, controls oil (my biggest concern) and gives me a matte look. It doesn't completely reduce the visibility of my pores (but hey what does) but it gives my face such a smooth look that they are not really noticeable. I just love this product and so glad I accidentally discovered it. :) (side note - I never write reviews for ANYTHING so being that I took the time to write one for this shows how much I love this product. lol)

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love Urban Decay products and was really hoping that this primer would work for me. Sadly it didn't. The primer was absolutely useless at keeping my make up on, I got shiny very quickly after applying it and it also gave my brown skin a weird white/peach pasty tinge which made me look washed out and strange. The texture of the primer is weird, like toothpaste and it doesn't blend in easily. The only good thing about this product is the packaging. Would not repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

I use this in my T Zone to combat oil, its perfect. It does leave a bit of a white cast when you first put it on, but its hardly noticeable. Holds my makeup all day, erases my pores, and does a great job of keeping oil at bay.

I did not see any noticeable difference in the staying power of my foundation after using this. If anything, the foundation rubbed off more quickly on my T zone. It smells nice and goes on easily though. Most importantly, the skin under my eyes and along my cheekbones felt like fine grit sandpaper after I put it on, and they're still clearing up two days later. It didn 't burn or itch, it just changed the texture of my skin from smooth to sand paper. I am returning this; I believe I am allergic to something in the makeup.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I really don't know what to think of this.

Like a previous reviewer, I bought this thinking it was going to be like reviews and pictures have told me - but it's not. It's almost identical to the Porefessional I bought from Benefit - just a peachy coloured silicone primer!

I don't hate it, but I'm really annoyed to be honest. I used a gift voucher to buy this and it does nothing for my pores. I'm not even sure it makes my make up stay on any better than without.

It's just....meh. Not worth the £20-odd I spent on it.

Gave my flawless face spots little tiny ones everywhere #flawless no more

I have a couple samples of this. I am really not sure what to make of it. It does have the consistency of Elmer's Glue & gives my face a whitish cast. However, my foundation does go on really smoothly with a beauty blender, so go figure. The whiteness it adds to my face really throws me off though. As an earlier reviewer stated; applying this after you give your skincare routine a few minutes to soak in, is a must. Bonus tip: I always keep a sprayer full of distilled water handy, so if I have issues with any moisturizers or primers...not blending, balling up, & etc., I just spritz the water & the extra moisture fixes it. This is also a great trick for using less moisturizer/skin oils. Ladies; a spray bottle is only $1 @ WalMart, & distilled water is @ most $1 a gallon. Hey, you can even use Evian if you're feeling fancy, but really?

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I have never used a primer before but I LOVE Urban Decay's eyeshadow primer, so when I went hunting for a primer, naturally I gravitated to this. I have large pores on my nose, and my foundation always seems to get super shiny and oily on my nose, so this seemed like the perfect product. Boy, was I wrong! I have combination skin, and really only get oily on my t-zone, but this made my whole face disgustingly oily. The texture of this primer is soft and light and goes on smoothly. But I noticed as soon as I put it on, my face felt too soft. Later that day, I rubbed my hand against my cheek, and all my foundation and blush came off with it. I went to the bathroom to check my face, and I looked like I had ran a marathon! Even my eyeshadow was fading and looked oily. I ended up taking a tissue and wiping off my eyeshadow and foundation because I look so gross. And this wasn't during the summer, it was in fact this winter and I hadn't broke a sweat all day. I gave this another chance the next day, and still the same awful results. This stuff is a waste of money, I'll just do without!

I had a free sample of this in a tiny foil pack from the US and loved it - it made my nose less shiny & my pores less noticeable. So I thought a full size tube from Debenhams in the UK. Can it be a different product? Have they changed the formulation? The sample was white and had a dryish texture, the tube is more skin coloured and slipperier - and more importantly really does very little for me. I've given up and switched to the Clnique version.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this primer at Macy's along with a few other UD products. I really like primers and I feel like they do make a difference in how makeup looks and feels. The first time I used the primer at home, I was turned off by the texture. It is super thick, and reminded me of Elmers glue, except a peachy color. I still applied it to my face, and rubbed it in well, especially on my cheeks where my pores are a little more noticeable. I always let primer sit for about five minutes before applying foundation. The foundation did seem to go on very nice and smooth over the primer. About four hours after applying my makeup, I felt oily and shiny. The weird thing was, that it made my skin look oily, shiny, yet dry at the same time. My skin looks like it was flaking on my cheeks, the same exact spot where I made sure to rub the primer in especially well. My foundation looked like it had almost melted off of my face. Primer is supposed to help foundation go on smoother, and last longer, and I can tell you that it does not make it last longer. The product does not smell bad, and it did not make me break out. I really love UD products so I was sad that this one did not work out for me. I have read mixed reviews on this product, so I guess it is really just a matter of preference. I returned this product and would definitely not repurchase or recommend it to anyone. You can get better primers for cheaper.

Popular Primer/ Correctors