April 24, 2014 | 1901 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Urban Decay - Complexion Primer Potion - Pore Perfecting

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Marissaxox

Oily skin beware! I got a sample of this primer to try first, and I'm so glad that I did because it was awful! I was so excited to try it and it turned out to be a huge let down. I have naturally oily skin and when I first put it on it was soft and my foundation went on smoothly, however 2 hours later I looked in the mirror and was a shiny mess! I think it actually made me look oilier than usual, and it didn't help hold my make up what so ever. It might not be so bad if you have dry skin, but if you have oily skin this is not the primer for you!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Justminick

I love this stuff on my skin. I like the pinky tint to it so that it adds a bit of brightness to the complexion. It comes out of the tube a bit vaseline like, which scared me the first time, but when I applied it I found it blended perfectly into my skin and didn't make it oily or greasy (which it tends to get) and made a beautiful base for my makeup. I love this stuff and I can honestly say I visibly saw it somehow make my pores seem nonexistent (which I think they're big). The way it blended just really concealed the pores without feeling cloggy-like. My makeup lasts all day with it (well mostly, unless I touch my face a lot) and I touch it up occasionally. I notice my makeup seems a lot more consistent with it on, and spots that normally fade away throughout the day still look done after hours (instead of fading spots that appear blotchy from my skin underneath.) Biggest downside is the price - I feel like this stuff is gold and I am cautious about wasting it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by DJohn89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this primer because I had read good things about it.

Turns out, I was making a bad decision.
It is thick and heavy and goes on like glue. It also smells strange. I stopped using it for a few days and my makeup looked much better. It makes my normally dry face very slick. I can definitely feel that it is on, it also lightened my skin which made my foundation go on lighter.

All in all, it is sticky, smelly and I would not buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by wixter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

NOTE: This review is for the old packaging, before they changed to the needle-nose tip.

I bought this primer on the Urban Decay website when it was on sale. Since I needed a new primer and this one was close to the price of my regular one, I decided to buy it.

I really love how it feels. It doesn't feel like silicone and has a more thick, moisturizer like feeling, although it doesn't moisturize. It spreads evenly and quickly, and sinks in very quickly as well.

I don't have problems with large pores, but I do find this helps my foundation go on smoother and look smoother. It helps my foundation last maybe an hour longer, but I don't have a problem with my foundation not wearing for very long.

The only thing that I don't like about the old packaging, which is probably why they changed it, is the way it is dispensed. It's very hard to get out of the tube, and I find I have to squeeze very hard to get even a little out.

If this wasn't around $30 full-priced, I would buy it again. I loved the texture as I hate that silicone feel, but it's too expensive for me to justify buying again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2013 5:02:00 AM More reviews by Beeebee

I really liked this primer, it made my pores shrink, and my makeup stayed so nice all day, the only problem I had with it was that every time I used it I would get a new pimple :( I would recommend this for people that never break out, if it wasn't for that I would love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by freshroyalblood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

At first I was extremely excited about this product it was the first primer I bought and seriously I thought there is no way any product can achieve this amazing result. That was until my mum(age 40 and combination skin) used this product on one half of her face and the make up forever primer on the other half. Well the UD side of the face turned oily in just 2 hours while the MUF stayed matte on her face! So this product may work well on young almost flawless skin but not on mature skin. And also the packaging is horrible, the tube either squirts out too much or too little of the product. And as i'm getting closer to the end it's really hard to get the product out of the tube with me ending up cutting into the tube(resulting in dried up primer)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by knbruice

This primer fills in my pores and makes my skin look airbrushed. It also helps my makeup stay put longer. I put it on before makeup but after moisturizer, and sometimes I wear it by itself when I don't want to wear foundation some days. The tube can be hard to squeeze the product out of after you've used a bit, but cut the tube in half and you will find there is still tons in there you can scoop out with your fingers :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by caitmarie

Love love love! I took a break from using this because I was convinced I didn't need it. However I was crawling back the very next day because without it my foundation settles into my pore and looks awful. I look so fresh faced when I use this primer. It is, by far my favorite!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2013 3:27:00 AM More reviews by mell80

I bought this used it a few times and then stop using it. I ran out of all my other primers so I thought I would give this a try again because I couldn't remember why I stopped using it. Then, all the reasons why I stopped using it came flooding back.

Very thick to apply which isn't great in my opinion if you break out ( like I do ). I have been using it for about 2 weeks now, because I have had no other primer and my pimple problems have come back to haunt me.

The smell isn't appealing either. Also, I find my make up slides during the day with this and makes my face oily.

Come on pay day, so I can buy another primer.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by cherrryyyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The consistency of this product is really thick, so I would never use this on a day to day basis. I didn't really notice this making a difference with my foundations staying power, however it did disguise my pores really well. I will continue to use this product until I run out, but I won't repurchase. This was my first primer, I'm not sure what I was expecting from one, but it wasn't quite this. The packaging is a little irritating too, as the twisty top is sometimes difficult to twist, so sometimes I find myself just taking it off and squeezing it out. I wouldn't really recommend this to anyone because it's pricey and I'm sure there are better primers out there for cheaper. I've heard good things about the Loreal one, so I think I'll give that a go.