December 22, 2014 | 1732 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Urban Decay - Complexion Primer Potion - Pore Perfecting

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2014 7:45:00 AM More reviews by Moynehan

I had a free sample of this in a tiny foil pack from the US and loved it - it made my nose less shiny & my pores less noticeable. So I thought a full size tube from Debenhams in the UK. Can it be a different product? Have they changed the formulation? The sample was white and had a dryish texture, the tube is more skin coloured and slipperier - and more importantly really does very little for me. I've given up and switched to the Clnique version.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2013 3:41:00 AM More reviews by kkbabygirl89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought this primer at Macy's along with a few other UD products. I really like primers and I feel like they do make a difference in how makeup looks and feels. The first time I used the primer at home, I was turned off by the texture. It is super thick, and reminded me of Elmers glue, except a peachy color. I still applied it to my face, and rubbed it in well, especially on my cheeks where my pores are a little more noticeable. I always let primer sit for about five minutes before applying foundation. The foundation did seem to go on very nice and smooth over the primer. About four hours after applying my makeup, I felt oily and shiny. The weird thing was, that it made my skin look oily, shiny, yet dry at the same time. My skin looks like it was flaking on my cheeks, the same exact spot where I made sure to rub the primer in especially well. My foundation looked like it had almost melted off of my face. Primer is supposed to help foundation go on smoother, and last longer, and I can tell you that it does not make it last longer. The product does not smell bad, and it did not make me break out. I really love UD products so I was sad that this one did not work out for me. I have read mixed reviews on this product, so I guess it is really just a matter of preference. I returned this product and would definitely not repurchase or recommend it to anyone. You can get better primers for cheaper.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2013 6:14:00 PM More reviews by shellXbelle7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

In terms of cosmetics, primer has to be one of my absolute favourite steps in creating a nice, long-lasting makeup look. I've tried both drugstore and high-end primers, and through my primer journey I came across Urban Decay Pore Perfecting primer. I must say, Urban Decay is one of my absolute favourite makeup brands, they have such amazing products, but this primer is not one of them.
I have combination skin that is acne-prone, but I hardly have issues with primer, so I wasn't afraid to try this. I have large pores on my cheek area, and the pore perfecting part of the primer really drew me in. It goes on smoothly with a semi-matte finish, and it doesn't feel too heavy, or too caky on the skin. However, it doesn't do anything in terms of making pores appear smaller, or filling them in with additives, which is the most disappointing part of the product considering that is what it claims to do.
Also, I don't think this primer does anything in terms of helping your foundation stay in place, which is also another function of primer. It doesn't help prevent my natural oils from coming through and breaking down my foundation, and a $31 a pop, I feel this is just a mediocre high-end primer.
Once pro of this foundation is the packaging, it's in a squeeze tube (much like a toothpaste), which makes it much, much easier to get all of the product out. However, this is not a product that I will purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2013 1:56:00 AM More reviews by Gigi2087

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive- combination skin and this product was awesome for the first hour or so but after that my face was a shiny mess. So I will not be repurchasing. I'll stick To my make up forever primer. But I did like the initial result and the container in which it comes holds a lot holds of product for the price $31.00

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2013 10:14:00 PM More reviews by taryn33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'd love this product, if it weren't for the new pimple per each time I wear it. It's been a week. Now that I am thoroughly besmirched with seven pimples, I am ready to accept it is not for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Marissaxox

Oily skin beware! I got a sample of this primer to try first, and I'm so glad that I did because it was awful! I was so excited to try it and it turned out to be a huge let down. I have naturally oily skin and when I first put it on it was soft and my foundation went on smoothly, however 2 hours later I looked in the mirror and was a shiny mess! I think it actually made me look oilier than usual, and it didn't help hold my make up what so ever. It might not be so bad if you have dry skin, but if you have oily skin this is not the primer for you!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Justminick

I love this stuff on my skin. I like the pinky tint to it so that it adds a bit of brightness to the complexion. It comes out of the tube a bit vaseline like, which scared me the first time, but when I applied it I found it blended perfectly into my skin and didn't make it oily or greasy (which it tends to get) and made a beautiful base for my makeup. I love this stuff and I can honestly say I visibly saw it somehow make my pores seem nonexistent (which I think they're big). The way it blended just really concealed the pores without feeling cloggy-like. My makeup lasts all day with it (well mostly, unless I touch my face a lot) and I touch it up occasionally. I notice my makeup seems a lot more consistent with it on, and spots that normally fade away throughout the day still look done after hours (instead of fading spots that appear blotchy from my skin underneath.) Biggest downside is the price - I feel like this stuff is gold and I am cautious about wasting it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by DJohn89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this primer because I had read good things about it.

Turns out, I was making a bad decision.
It is thick and heavy and goes on like glue. It also smells strange. I stopped using it for a few days and my makeup looked much better. It makes my normally dry face very slick. I can definitely feel that it is on, it also lightened my skin which made my foundation go on lighter.

All in all, it is sticky, smelly and I would not buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by wixter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

NOTE: This review is for the old packaging, before they changed to the needle-nose tip.

I bought this primer on the Urban Decay website when it was on sale. Since I needed a new primer and this one was close to the price of my regular one, I decided to buy it.

I really love how it feels. It doesn't feel like silicone and has a more thick, moisturizer like feeling, although it doesn't moisturize. It spreads evenly and quickly, and sinks in very quickly as well.

I don't have problems with large pores, but I do find this helps my foundation go on smoother and look smoother. It helps my foundation last maybe an hour longer, but I don't have a problem with my foundation not wearing for very long.

The only thing that I don't like about the old packaging, which is probably why they changed it, is the way it is dispensed. It's very hard to get out of the tube, and I find I have to squeeze very hard to get even a little out.

If this wasn't around $30 full-priced, I would buy it again. I loved the texture as I hate that silicone feel, but it's too expensive for me to justify buying again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2013 5:02:00 AM More reviews by Beeebee

I really liked this primer, it made my pores shrink, and my makeup stayed so nice all day, the only problem I had with it was that every time I used it I would get a new pimple :( I would recommend this for people that never break out, if it wasn't for that I would love it!