December 19, 2014 | 1525 users online

Treatments - OPI - Nail Envy - Original

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2014 9:27:00 AM More reviews by Aimeeb3

I have been a nail biter for years. My nails split , peeled and were always breaking. I did some research and this was the best. I have been using for about a month now and have amazing long nails with no peels or breaks! I use two coats as a base coat and polish over.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Neelaaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Recently I've become fascinated with long nails and love how feminine they make my Sasquatch hands look So I use this as a base coat before I paint my nails. This stuff dries in under a minute so it's perfect if I want to quickly paint my nails before bed. (I don't have enough time in the day for stuff like this). It leaves a noticeable sheen to it and literally after applying it, my nail beds feel stiffer. This isn't uncomfortable to me. but I can see why many of the reviews say that your nails go back to normal after you remove it or stop using it regularly. That doesn't bother me since I've used it at least 15 times and have barely put a dent in the bottle. Once reviewer said they had the bottle for 2 years and it makes sense now. The brush will paint on a thin layer. This isn't something you want to put gobs of just because it would waste it. 2 thin coats is how much I use every time.

As for the directions saying to use it many times a week, I didn't bother doing that or experimenting since using it once or twice a week does just fine for me.

My nails seemed to split easily before but that has definitely reduced since using nail envy.

After using this regularly, I've managed to grow my nails as long as artificial nails within 2 weeks

I had a $5 giftcard for amazon and used it on an already cheaper-than-retail price so that's why I initially purchased it. Now that I know how it works, I would totally buy it at retail price (Only if I HAVE to)

so YES YES YES I would recommend this

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2014 4:47:00 AM More reviews by Fionnuaghla

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bouht this product in duty free on my way to sell our holiday home in France. I used as per instructions at a time when I was moving furniture, cleaning, using chemicals and generally giving my hands a hard time. ( I wear gloves mostly when cleaning). I have always had weak, rubbish nails but not anymore. I have been using this now for 7 weeks and my nails are great. I continue to follow the instructions applying every other day and then when I remove all coats I give my nails a rest for about 2 days. When wearing varnish, I use nail envy as a base and contine to apply over nail varnish every other day. My varnish lasts longer than a week unchipped. I have a drawer full of other nail strengthening products which will now be consigned to the bin. I love this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by bluengold2007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful product! My nails would break very easily and seemed to take forever to grow and we're so thin. With this product they are thick and so strong and now grow fast. Even when I take nail envy off my own nails seem to be so much healthier. I have nails that do a weird c curve on some nails and completely flatten on others. This product corrects it all. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by SweetMonster

This is a life saver! I'm 16 and I used to bite my nails . They could barely grow and were very brittle . I swear they were so thin (maybe like a paper) . I used this for one week as it's written on the packaging and voila ! They were much stronger . I'm really happy I found this amazing product .Go ahead and buy it , don't hesitate !

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 4:12:00 PM More reviews by xdimpsx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the most amazing stuff. My nails WERE crap, really, they were thin, brittle, they peeled, broke. I'd tried to be nice to them, Id tried moisturising when I washed my hands, wore gloves when I washed up, never painted them, still, they broke. Until Nail Envy. What can I say, I LOVE this product. My nails are strong, long... Imagine a unicorn in the forest with long white hair and delightful manicured hoofs, prancing merrily, no goblins or Tom Cruise to ruin your day. That's how I feel about this product. I feel "unicorn" about Nail Envy.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2014 1:19:00 PM More reviews by rosateh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Do not waste your money on this expensive product. I have used about 3 bottles of this and if I were to write a review on this last year I would have appraised it highly. You see, I have thin brittle nails coupled with short nail beds from years of nail biting and my manicurist recommended this product to me. Initially, the first bottle gave me some improvements, nails getting harder and nail beds longer and I was extremely delighted. Who doesn't want to have long beautiful healthy nails? But as time goes by and by the third bottle I noticed that my some of my nails are peeling and a few of my nails seem to be lifting off the beds. It really freaked me out. And then I did a lot of research online and found a solution which is cheaper. In the morning, I rub my nails with castor oil and at night I rub with olive oil follow by Vaseline to seal in the oil. I wear the Body Shop gloves and socks for at least half an hour.

Update
----------

Recently, I have added another method of strengthening my nails by adding 2 cloves of chopped garlic to my Revlon base coat and I am super happy that my nail beds have grown longer and harden. Although I love Solar oil as my cuticle oil I find it so expensive when it can cost me approx US9 per 0.1 fl oz and it is not easily available. As such, I have resorted to making my own cuticle oil from jojoba/vit e/olive/grapeseed and a couple of essential oils.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 9:30:00 PM More reviews by sas1403

Love it!! After using this product according to the instructions stated, I found out that my free edge was curved inwards a lot more, meaning that my nail became thicker. I have very long nails, so whenever I bend them, they'll feel super soft (thanks to Nail Tek's Maintenance Plus which didn't do anything but weaken my nails so I had to cut them). After using OPI's Nail Envy, the free edge that I grew out wasn't even soft at all. It feels harder and more flexible now. Plus all these results were seen after just 3 days!!! Amazing!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2014 10:08:00 AM More reviews by zmarie100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't have hugely brittle nails, but sometimes they go through brittle fazes where they're prone to bending and peeling. This is an amazing product to counteract these fazes. I wear it as a base coat under nail polish (which I wear everyday) and it adds strong nicely thick layer to my nails and stops them breaking. After a week or so of use, the nails themselves become stronger. I bought a mini version and have just ordered full size. A bit pricey though.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2014 6:25:00 AM More reviews by missyjac

My nails were brittle and thin as a result from gel Manicure. After using this product for a month plus now following the directions, I notice that my nails are much stronger, grows nicely and faster. Downside is that my nail bed now is looking very dry with lines. Price is steep at rm110,applies very smoothly. Would consider repurchasing