December 19, 2014 | 1514 users online

Lip Gloss - Chanel - Glossimer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 7:26:00 PM More reviews by kwinki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVEEEEEEEEE Glossimer! I am not a fan of lip gloss because they can be sticky and feel heavy, but not Glossimer. I love the non sticky consistency and the colors are gorgeous. These glosses give you the sparkle you need without the cheap looking and gritty glitter that look disgusting while its on or after the gloss wears off. I seriously want them all, but I only own a couple since these are a bit pricey. If you want quality, non-sticky lip gloss with crazy sparkle then you should definitely check out these glosses.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Marianthoula

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am reviewing Glossimers based on my experience on only two: 107-Equinox and 97-Hibiscus.

The formula is so great. Non-sticky, my hair is so easy to remove from my lips without taking a lot of product along (you know, on the windy days...), the sparkle is grown-up and not gritty and the result very beautiful. They both wear for about 2 hours alone or over my lipstick (only used Rouge Diors so far). Also, not only do they not dry my lips but they are actualy moisturizing. As they fade they leave behind a little sparkle that still compliments my lips. If I am bored and do not use a lipliner on the outer lip, the gloss stays more or less in place with only minor bleeding. I use Hibiscus, a more pigmented berry with berry sparkles with Rouge Dior 644 and I match Equinox, a more sheer pink/red with golden flakes with Rouge Dior 999.

There is no scent that I can detect. They taste a little sweet, not offensive. The tube is a little annoying, so I rated it a 3. I seem to struggle to get any product out and it is a little annoying. It has good balance and the bottle stays upright when I apply.

The price... It gets one lippie off for the price. There was no chance in hell I would pay full price, even if Coco herself came to hand them to me. The price is outrageous and also I am unemployed for the moment. But I got them on a Sephora clearence for about 15 Euro each and it is all I can do not run down there again and buy backups. If, when I finish them, I find them again in such a price then I would buy again. If you can afford them, however, definitely try them now!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2011 6:18:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I absolutely LOVE the glossimer formula--lightweight without being sticky, sparkly without looking like you made out with a Glitterator. The colors are adult and sophisticated; if you're looking for crazy super-trendy colors, Chanel isn't where you should be. Unfortunately there are several cons to glossimers that prevent me from buying any except for every once in a while and only if I can't find a comparable dupe elsewhere. One, they're horribly expensive for a gloss at $28.50 USD, but they're a HE brand so that's expected. Two, I personally dislike doe foot applicators in glosses and prefer brushes. Yes, I could use a lip brush and/or buy throwaway gloss applicators, but I shouldn't have to do that. Three, I've read on numerous blogs and forums that glossimers go bad pretty quickly, so unless you go through tubes of gloss fairly quickly (I don't), expect to throw out a good chunk of your hard-earned money. I've been making sure to use the two I have (Spark and Sparkle d'Or) often to ensure this doesn't happen.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2011 12:43:00 PM More reviews by missascloset

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I cannot say enough about this lipgloss! Even after the "glossy" wears off, you are still left with a thin layer of glitter on your lips. I have been using these since 2007 and since my puppy just ate my last one, it's time for a new color!

They really do last, a lot longer than I originally expected. I have tried lip glosses from every brand, both drugstore and not. This without a doubt lasts the longest and has some great color choices as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2011 12:17:00 AM More reviews by chrissie99

I found my HG of lipgloss. Chanel Glossimer is fantastic.
I have been looking for a classic red for my skin tone (filipino, tan) that wasn't too deep or rich in texture (lipstick gloss) but that wouldn't fade like normal lipglosses and turn into a orangy pink mess that bleeds around my lips. I have stumbled upon it! Scintillantes 04 Spark is the perfect red for me. It is a raspberry colour with gold shimmer. It makes my lips look like they have deep natural red colour without a thick layer on my lips. I put it on about 1.5 hours ago and it is still in place, fresh and lovely and best of all, it is not sticky and has no scent like other lipglosses I have. I can use this colour day and night and through all seasons with confidence.
It is very expensive but worth the splurge once in a while.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2011 3:43:00 AM More reviews by leGingbot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

The Chanel Glossimer lip glosses are absolute magic! My sister had one and I stole it all the time! What I love is how pigmented they are! You're not paying for some semi-sheer gloss that you couldn't tell apart from, say a Bonne Bell one; these are rich and moisturizing, and NOT STICKY!!! I eventually bought my own, even though the price was steep. But honestly, you get what you pay for. I couldn't start collecting them the way I collect MAC glosses, but they are really top-notch, and whenever I can afford to splurge a little, I will!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2011 11:35:00 PM More reviews by darkskinsexylips

Chanel Glossimers are by far the best department store lip gloss, hands down. They have no scent and they are non-sticky. Personally, I do have a problem with gritty-feeling lip glosses in general, so I try to avoid those particular ones in the line. Having said that, if I am looking to purchase a new shade, I look to Chanel first. I have about 7 Glossimers and I love all of them. I also have 3 of the Aqualumiere glosses that are a little hard to locate now. I know of two dept. stores in Toronto that still sell them, but the colour selections are now quite limited and do not really suit my mocha brown complexion. In addition, I do have one rouge allure lip gloss. The consistency is great, but it does have that signature Chanel lipstick scent which I can deal with, but I still prefer no scent. Even within their own lip product line, the Glossimers are the absolute best.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2011 11:06:00 AM More reviews by TheMakeUpMaster

these are the one of my favourite lip glosses they are perfect if you want a natural lip when they are worn on there own but the colours are very sheer unlike the rouge allure but if you want a stronger lip colour these are great when used in conjunction with rouge coco shine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by salhon

Love these! Beautiful! Too sticky if you put it on thick. Looks beautiful on top of all colors of lipsticks. I have #41, a soft, neutral color.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2011 2:29:00 PM More reviews by swim

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Glossimers rock! They are the best glosses on the planet. They are thick and last but not sticky. I just bought Constelletion - it's a clear peach with rainbow sparkles. Love it! It's glitter for grown ups!