I love my z palette I have 3 large they come in cute designs and a clear case which is a plus because you can see whats inside. The quality is great, this a great product to own you'll be able to keep your eyeshadows, blush or lipstick in one place.
The Z palette is awesome! It can hold a lot of makeup and saves tons of space in my purse
I puchased the large Z palette in black a while back to depot a ton of eyeshadow duos and trios, it's been great!! The magnetic backing combined with the magnetized eyeshadow pans make for a strong hold, didn't even have to use the magnetic stickers that came with the palette. May be purchasing another one soon!
The Z palette is awesome. It can hold a lot of makeup and saves tons of space. I'm glad it has a clear screen. I like to see what makeup is inside. The magnet works great. I wish it was a little cheaper. Overall it's a great product!
Love this product. It fits all my eyeshadows and the magnet is really strong. The palette is very durable as well. The only thing is the edge is pretty thick so it cuts off the view of the shadow, but thats probably the OCD in me. lol
I have 4 Large Z palettes and I love them all. It has condensed my makeup tremendously. Everyone knows How bulky the UD BOS are, and I was able to condense 2 into 1 palette and have room for more.
The packaging is great and the see through window makes it easy to find what i'm looking for, but it is made of cardboard. If you were to get it wet there could be some damage. I don't really see why someone would have their powder products around enough water for something drastic to happen though. The magnets are also really strong, which is great for keeping it shut, but sometimes I have a little difficulty opening it,
All-in-all I'm glad I went with the the Z Palette rather other ones out there.
Z Palettes are an absolute must have for anyone who loves, wears, or owns any makeup! They are so convenient for so many reason! They are easy to store and great to travel with! They are sturdy enough to through in a makeup bag/purse for daily use, or in a suitcase to travel with. My favorite uses for them are making custom palettes, and to condense bulkier palettes into something more easily to store. I can honestly say my collection wouldn't be complete without them!
Purchased a Dome Z palette for my mineralized eye shadows and mac blushes. These are the only palettes that have the depth to hold the depotted Mac mineralized eye shadows. I fit three mineralized shadows, 4 mac blushes, one mineralized skin finish blush and a regular sized shadow pan with room for a couple more regular eyeshadow pans. It came with the magnets and hold very well. The Mac mineralized blush needed 2 magnets to hold it in. Minus 1 lippie for this palette because there is no mechanism to keep it closed. Pricey item @ $25.00, but there is no other alternative for these particular shadows.
If you're an expert at depotting and have zero damage while removing the eye shadows from their packaging then by all means this is for you. As for me, I watched several youtube videos, read blog posts, and still ended up with cracked and damaged eye shadows which I had to repress but still ended up with a lot of wasted product. I regret depotting big time.
The packaging itself is flimsy, this is not something you can throw in your bag and feel confident that it's secure. It's made of card board and the plastic cover is not something I'd call heavy duty. I could've easily saved my money and used a cd cover to put my eye shadows in.
The only thing I can say that's good about the z palette is that it keeps all your eye shadows in one place and makes your makeup drawer clutter free. I will not be repurchasing or depotting any more expensive cosmetics.
Zpalettes are not perfect, but they are the best of what is out there now, and I do love them. Once you figure out the best method of depotting for you, it is great to have everything in one place. Plus, I like the clear window to the shadows, as it makes it easy to find (and USE) everything. In an ideal world, I would love a sturdy hard plastic case with a clear plastic lid. Finally, I love how they don't force you to be married to one brand/product type, and instead create what works for you -- I am looking at you MAC.
- Easy to use
- Various sizes available
- Super cute packaging - though I do buy only the black cause I am lame
- Clear top, so you can see your product
- Space saving! This cannot be understated
- Expensive for what is in effect cardboard, plastic and some magnets - someone is going to knock these off soon, I am sure - I feel like a fair price for the large should be about $10-14
- You have to play with the magnet stickers a bit to make sure they are on. I found that placing them on the pan before the melted glue dried worked the best.
- They are not the most sturdy - I wouldn't just throw one in my purse or travel case - again - this is why a hard plastic version would be ideal
A NOTE ON DEPOTTING AND PLACING MAGNET STICKERS ON PANS:
- Oven method - I find this to be superior to all other methods - pre-heat oven to 250 degrees F, line a bake sheet with aluminum foil, place product with case open on foil covered sheet, pop in oven for 5 minutes, remove from oven and using cuticle scissors pop product out of case.
- Added bonus #1 of oven method - you can peel sticker off back of shadow case with a tweezer - I cut out the brand and color name and placed on magnet for reference
- Added bonus #2 of oven method - glue will be liquified, and you can use that in your favor to really make the magnets stick
- Added bonus #3 of oven method - the house does not smell like burnt plastic
- To really make the magnets stick to pans, I take all the depotted shadows with magnets on, lay on a cutting board, and place a couple heavy books on them. I then stick that into the fridge for 10 minutes