December 22, 2014 | 1746 users online

Styling Products - KMS California - Hair Play Makeover Spray

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2011 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Shoppingisasport

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this stuff. It's a well-rounded dry shampoo. Perhaps the best on the market overall. One of my co-workers at Ulta turned me on to it. At the time I was using Ojon dry shampoo and I was just starting to get into the habit of using dry shampoo. The Ojon stuff smelled like marshmallows to me (one girl said it smelled like potatoes, let's just say it's a distinct smell that takes some getting used to.) I had grown to like the smell of Ojon but not the price. So this stuff was a little more affordable plus I got that employee discount so I bought some. First things first, it smells wonderful. Fruity, like cranberry or grape. Once in a while I'd get compliments on the smell, as in people mistook it for a fragrance. A lot of dry shampoos smell just plain weird (Oscar Blandi- I've gotten "Fruity Pebbles," and "rotten oranges" remarks on that one). Some don't have a scent and some are powders or foams which can be kind of messy. The Makeover Spray is a perfect balance of what you need in a dry shampoo. It helped me go from washing my hair every single day to washing every other day to washing two or three times a week. In any case washing my hair two days in a row is now taboo to me, where it used to be mandatory because of my greasy scalp. It's a vicious cycle because you know deep down the cause of the grease and unhealthiness is your over washing and over styling, and frequent use of product. But it is very hard to go cold turkey so to speak because for the first couple of months your hair will still get greasy on those off days and I found that bothersome. But when you have a great product like this on your hands it makes the process a lot easier and in the end your hair will be so much healthier. I washed my hair yesterday afternoon, it's afternoon now, I just ran my fingers through my hair and didn't feel an ounce of grease. And I haven't even put dry shampoo in it yet. And may not have to. Anyway dry shampoo is a necessary tool if you want healthier hair. A bottle of this is around $15.95 but it will last for months so the price is well worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2011 12:16:00 PM More reviews by megomatic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This product is a life-saver! I've bought several bottles of this over the past two years. While a canister doesn't last too long, I normally have to wash, dry and style my waist-length, thick, wavy hair daily without it, so the 45 minutes it saves me every other day is well worth the expense (especially considering I have to wake up at 5:00 a.m. if I have to wash my hair before work!). In Canada, it runs from about $16-$18, and KMS recently increased the size of the bottle by (I think) 25-30%.

It's easier to use than other dry shampoos I've tried and it easily brushes out if you screw up and deposit too much in one spot. I have medium brown hair and it isn't noticeable when applied from about 6" away.

It also smells great and my hair is less dry since I began using it, due to the decreased need for washing and heat styling. I will definitely buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2011 11:09:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

Oh...my...god! THIS IS MY ABSOLUTE HOLY GRAIL DRY SHAMPOO! I tried Tresemme and it just didn't work for me so I went to Chatters and asked one of the girls there to recommend something She showed me one that she uses personally and I figured I'd give it a try.

My hair is super oily and before I had to wash my hair every single day. I get 2 sometimes 3 days out of my wash with this product and its totally saving my salon colouring! It smells fantastic and doesn't leave that white-ish grey residue (when following instructions spraying 4-6 inches). Even if you do spray a little close it brushes out very easily. Leaves my hair looking clean, shiny all day on the 2nd day (Tresemme only worked for about 4-6 hours).

My routine is to restraighten my hair with a comb, then spray my bangs and roots, brush it out, tease my roots a little for some lift, and finish styling/fixing. My hair looks like I just washed and styled it.

It was $15 a bottle but to me...its totally worth it. The only downfall is that I find it to be very dusty and it gets all over my makeup table. It also builds up really bad on my brush if I don't rinse it right away. To avoid this, I run cold water over my brush after using this product and lay flat to dry. I have, and definitely will be going back for another bottle when I'm done. There's a reason why it has great reviews - because its awesome. If you're looking for a dry shampoo look no further - this is it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2011 5:34:00 PM More reviews by Celestineee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I got this as a sample from Ulta along with 2 other KMS hairsprays and I LOVE this product. I went back after my sample had run out to buy the full size bottle. It's practically a dry shampoo in hairspray form. It's great for 2nd/3rd day hair because it get rid all of the oil and even leaves you hair looking like I just styled it. Although if you do spray it too close to your hair, it goes on white but that can be fixed easily by brushing it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2010 7:59:00 PM More reviews by AdemLowell

LOVE LOVE LOVE, this is my one & only choice for dry shampoo. last me up to 10 uses, which is good because i have to cover my whole head for dry shampoo to work for me. the spray itself is light, smells great and brushes through & out with ease. my hair stays smooth & soft while using it. it washes out so easily.

i would suggest this for anyone who's looking for a good reliable dry shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2010 7:24:00 PM More reviews by ginch82

This is not labeled as a 'dry shampoo" but totally does the job of one even better than all the ones I've tried. If anyone else has tried all the ones I have (Oscar Blandi, Klorane, Ojon, Fekkai,Victoria's Secret, Tresemme) and was disappointed, this is a must try. All the other ones either felt too stiff, like there's buildup in my hair, smelled to strong/perfumey, or the pump leaks air out- making the canister empty after a few uses. This KMS makeover spray has everything I wanted in a dry shampoo. It makes my hair look and feel clean in between washes, smells so light and uplifting, and so importantly at this price, did not run out of air! I will continue to use this for a long time...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 9:13:00 AM More reviews by vanillanoir10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love love love this product! My grandma bought it for me over a woman at her salon recommended it and I just love it. It gives your hair the perfect styled looked even if you need to wash it. The scent is really nice too, light and kind-of grape or maybe grapefruit. I will repurchase this and I really want to try out other KMS products!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2010 12:51:00 PM More reviews by cearly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is a God-send! My hair is dry, but my scalp is oily. I don't like to wash my hair every day, but before using this, nothing, but nothing, worked on the days I didn't wash to make my hair look even passably okay. This makes it look like I washed and styled it: it lifts my hair at the roots and seems to de-oil my scalp. Also love the light fragrance! Only downside is that I don't think it's going to last very long, but maybe I'm just using too much on each application.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2009 9:49:00 PM More reviews by aglisic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is so awesome! I hate naturally thick curly hair which I straighten about two times a week and this lets me go a couple more days without washing which mean no straight ironing which equals less damage :) ! definitely would recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2009 8:36:00 PM More reviews by verdefraser

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Normally I have to wash my hair every day or it gets super greasy and stringy. Not anymore! KMS makeover spray absorbs all the oil at my roots and gives my hair soooo much body. I just discovered this product and I have never been so excited about finding something that WORKS! I highly recommend it!