October 25, 2014 | 1335 users online

Highlighters - NARS - The Multiple in Copacabana

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2013 3:03:00 AM More reviews by sarah_417

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

UPDATE:
Ok, I have to remove some lippies. I used to really like this multiple. Now, as it has gotten older, the consistency of the product has changed. After about 4-5 months, it turned a slightly silvery color in the tube. I couldn't figure out why it had gone from my HG highlighter, to something I never touch.
I realized the product dried out a bit, and lost its creaminess. It is now really difficult to get this to blend. It goes on really dry and is a quite visible pink strip on my cheekbone. Trying to blend it out just ruins my foundation.

Way too expensive for it to be trash after only a few months! If it was half the price, I would have considered a re-purchase, but it's just to expensive to replace every 5 months.

I recently picked up the Becca shimmering skin liquid in pearl, and am really loving this.

*******************************************
Original Review:
HG highlighter! Works really well on my fair/cool skin tone to highlight cheekbones. It blends out really nicely, leaving a gorgeous glow. It's almost impossible to over-do it with this too.
Lasting power is good for me, and very creamy, which I love, since I have very dry skin.

For a multiple - I def won't be using this on my lips, or as anything besides a cheek highlight.
Although it's a bit pricey, I will re-purchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2013 10:32:00 AM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Did I need another highlighter? Absolutely not. I picked Copacabana up as an impulse buy, mainly because I had heard a lot about it and I just adore highlighters. This has replaced all my other highlighters. It's the perfect pearly white sheen that makes my NC20 skin glow. I dab it with my finger on cheekbones, under brows, above brow arch, down nose, and above lip. Lasting power is good, though I don't mind reapplying if I'm going out at night. It's cream to powder, which I love. All in all, it's everything I've wanted in a highlighter. It looks fabulous in pictures. I adore the packaging too- very luxurious. Clearly I have nothing bad to say about this product. This has replaced MAC Soft and Gentle, NARS Albatross, and MAC Pearl CCB. Best impulse buy ever : )

EDIT: after months of daily use, I still Stand by my decision to get rid of my other highlighters. However, I won't be repurchasing. I believe there are better, dewier, and less glittery highlighters out there.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 10:30:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

This wasn't a multiuse product for me like I hoped it would be. It is a very creamy, shimmery highlight that looks beautiful as a cheekbone highlight. But when you put it on the inner corners of eyes it becomes clumpy and smudgy and looks much too frosty. As I said, great cheek highlight, but for me the $39 price tag isn't worth it for a product that isn't multi-use like it claims to be.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by violas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Adds a neutral shimmery glow. I use this more in the Fall/Winter. I use on top of cheekbones, top line down the center of nose, tip of chin and I streak it down center of forehead and fan it out. I have always had oily skin but it has matured a bit in my mid 30s. I use this multiple to kind of recreate that sheen I use to get in my T zone when I was younger but its a lot more prettier than that! Gives a good dewy look when you don't want to use stronger blush color.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2012 12:22:00 PM More reviews by uglybeautiful

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was sucked into the Copacabana hype many years ago when Nars was nowhere close to being available in Spain. I bought it on line when cosmetics websites were a few and far from popular. Those were the days of JLoís famous red carpet glow hyped by fashion magazines. The truth is throughout all those years, I touched Copacabana less than five times and most of them just to wander around the house. It wasnít the colour; I knew it was an icy silvery slightly pinkish pearl and knew my NC2-25 complexion could pull it off. I didnít mind the texture; creamy products are my favourite. The rubber packaging didnít even bother me. What was it then? The shimmer, people, it was the shimmer. I might have been younger but younger me still preferred minuscule particles and didnít feel like being a glitter ball. Every time I applied it to my face, I COULD see it, I knew after a few hours, I would be left with glitter specks and nothing else and hated it. My fingers didnít work, the brushes I used (synthetic, animal hair, you name it) didnít cut it and I felt like I had wasted precious money. That was until THE brush came: I got sucked (again) into the hype of Real Techniques, bought the stippling brush and it all changed between Copacabana and me. This little brush achieved what others couldnít: leave the sparkly chunks aside and deposit just beautiful shimmer on my face. It might have been too that finally the top layer of product rubbed off and most the glitter was concentrated there but we will never know.

Now I am not going to lie. Even though I finally got this thing to work, I still prefer any Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector to this. I prefer MAC Strobe Cream or Liquid to this. I am not talking about colour. The illuminator may be bolder or more subtle, it all depends upon application and Copacabana can look subtle. However, the shimmer is still there for me and is a deal breaker. Hey, I donít mind my highlight being teal as long as I canít see the particles but here I can see them. This and its texture, which kind of sits on top of the skin for me, tell me I wonít repurchase, not only because I will never finish it, but also because I feel there are better products out there.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by rangers30

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Copacabana is my HG highlighter. It delivers a gorgeous sheen to my cheek bones and always makes me look fresh and dewy in the morning. On my skin, it lasts a solid 8 hours. It never looks fake or too shiny, even when I layer it on for a night out. I can't count the number of compliments I've received on my complexion while wearing this. Despite the steep price, I'll continue to buy Copacabana for years to come.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2012 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Evelise

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is probably the first non-drugstore makeup product I ever bought (this or MAC Viva Glam...). I saw my aunt putting it on one night, and she explained it to me, and I just thought it was so cool. I recall going out to a party one night, not long after high school ended, wearing no makeup aside form this and some lip gloss. It was like I had totally changed - everyone kept saying how great I looked and guys were way flirtier. It was hella weird, because this was only a few months later and nothing else had changed!
I think being fair, using this highlighter really emphasized my features, especially at night, and made my cute, round face much more defined. I've been a huge fan of it ever since and turned countless friends on to it. I've also tried using cheaper highlighters over the years (because, c'mon, there've definitely been times when rent and food have to take precedence), but they've all ended up barely used in a pile somewhere. Everything else is either too thin/watery, too thick and gross-feeling, too SPARKLY, or has some weird cellophane/kaleidoscope color thing going on.
I have and love Orgasm (and, to a far lesser extent, Mustique), but they don't come close to being the staple that Copacabana is. (I only wish it came in a wee travel size, because I take it everywhere!)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 7:12:00 AM More reviews by ilovejpmac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This Product really is a Cult Classic of NARS. Soooo cool that you can have eyeshadow, highliter and lipstick in this one stick.Expensive but its worth it!! :D

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2012 6:40:00 PM More reviews by eliu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Copacabana is a pinkish champagne highlighter color. Although it looks appealing in the tube, I had to pack it on with a brush to get a noticeable effect on my warm, medium toned skin. Upon closer inspection, I noticed chunks of glitter on my face. The product also seems to draw attention to pore size, so be wary if you have large pores in the areas you want to use it. Copacabana didn't work for me, but if you have small pores and don't mind a glittery look, this might be the product for you!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2012 3:52:00 AM More reviews by feveragnes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I apply Copacabana before I use NARS Orgasm, and it just gives a beautiful subtle sheer glow to my cheeks. The Muliple is very creamy and easy to glide on my face, but it becomes a bit hardened after 1 year, and so becomes a semi-creamy texture. It is a soft pearl colour with subtle shine, but I wouldn't call it glittery. It does what it says - gives a subtle dewy look but not over-the-top - and suitable for everyday makeup. Its butter-y texture is so soft that it can melt on my face easily, but it doesn't have long staying power and does slightly enlarge my pores - work better on dry but not oily skin. I would go for powders if I want more of a clean shimmery look if I need to further sculpt my face.

Texture: 5/5 butter-y, soft and creamy, make my dry skin look moisturized
Function: 4/5 create a subtle glow to my cheeks, but cannot really highlight the tip of my nose
Application: 4/5 use fingers or a synthetic brush
Packaging: 3.5/5 not very hygenic
Price: 3.5/5 the price is steep
Overall: 4/5