NARS The Multiple in Copacabana

4.2

Polymethyl Methacrylate, Triethylhexanoin, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Poly(C6-14 Olefin), Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline wax), Alcium Sodium Borosilicate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Polyethylene, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol Esters, Sodium Magnesium Silicate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopherol, Tin Oxide, Euterpe Oleracea (Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Oil), Simethicone, Linseed Oil / Palm Oil Aminopropnaedio Esters, Aqua (Water), Silica, Glycerin, [(+/-) May contain Mica, Cl77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Cl77491 (Iron Oxides), Cl77492 (Iron Oxides), Cl77499 (Iron Oxides), Cl75470 (Carmine), Cl77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Cl77742 (Manganese Violet)

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is such a lovely product. I love using it all over the high points of my face, the inner corners of my lids, and cupids bow, then dusting my face with foundation or setting powder. I've found that applying my highlighter before my foundation makes my highlighter "fool-proof" and imparts the glow without alot of the obviousness of a shimmery highlighter. Will continue to use and re-purchase.

UPDATE: I changed my review to 3 stars and would not repurchase. It does leave a pearly sheen, but it also leaves a high amount of multi colored glitter :/ Once the sheen has worn off, it just looks like glitter. What I had hoped would be a sophisticated product, just isn't so.

on 2/2/2013 2:45:00 PM

I love NARS.Espically the Copacanbana shade. But I prefer the liquid over this product anyday. This shows up on my skin gorgeously. But I hate the formula and the packaging. I might have gotten a bad one but there is sparkle in this product that I don't like. It just looks bad on me and the color doesn't last but about 15 minutes and then leaves glittler on my skin. I don't like glitter on my skin at all. I also do not like the stick form of this product. My is extremely dry and I cannot directly apply to my face because it drags my skin. Instead I use a small buffing brush to try to pcik up product but it doesn't work very well. I would say check this out in a store before purchase. It is highly sad I don't like this because I really wanted to. It is possible I could have gotten a bad one but I don't know.

on 1/17/2013 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

UPDATE:
Ok, I have to remove some lippies. I used to really like this multiple. Now, as it has gotten older, the consistency of the product has changed. After about 4-5 months, it turned a slightly silvery color in the tube. I couldn't figure out why it had gone from my HG highlighter, to something I never touch.
I realized the product dried out a bit, and lost its creaminess. It is now really difficult to get this to blend. It goes on really dry and is a quite visible pink strip on my cheekbone. Trying to blend it out just ruins my foundation.

Way too expensive for it to be trash after only a few months! If it was half the price, I would have considered a re-purchase, but it's just to expensive to replace every 5 months.

I recently picked up the Becca shimmering skin liquid in pearl, and am really loving this.

*******************************************
Original Review:
HG highlighter! Works really well on my fair/cool skin tone to highlight cheekbones. It blends out really nicely, leaving a gorgeous glow. It's almost impossible to over-do it with this too.
Lasting power is good for me, and very creamy, which I love, since I have very dry skin.

For a multiple - I def won't be using this on my lips, or as anything besides a cheek highlight.
Although it's a bit pricey, I will re-purchase.

on 1/11/2013 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Did I need another highlighter? Absolutely not. I picked Copacabana up as an impulse buy, mainly because I had heard a lot about it and I just adore highlighters. This has replaced all my other highlighters. It's the perfect pearly white sheen that makes my NC20 skin glow. I dab it with my finger on cheekbones, under brows, above brow arch, down nose, and above lip. Lasting power is good, though I don't mind reapplying if I'm going out at night. It's cream to powder, which I love. All in all, it's everything I've wanted in a highlighter. It looks fabulous in pictures. I adore the packaging too- very luxurious. Clearly I have nothing bad to say about this product. This has replaced MAC Soft and Gentle, NARS Albatross, and MAC Pearl CCB. Best impulse buy ever : )

EDIT: after months of daily use, I still Stand by my decision to get rid of my other highlighters. However, I won't be repurchasing. I believe there are better, dewier, and less glittery highlighters out there.

on 1/4/2013 10:30:00 PM

This wasn't a multiuse product for me like I hoped it would be. It is a very creamy, shimmery highlight that looks beautiful as a cheekbone highlight. But when you put it on the inner corners of eyes it becomes clumpy and smudgy and looks much too frosty. As I said, great cheek highlight, but for me the $39 price tag isn't worth it for a product that isn't multi-use like it claims to be.

on 10/24/2012 11:06:00 PM

Adds a neutral shimmery glow. I use this more in the Fall/Winter. I use on top of cheekbones, top line down the center of nose, tip of chin and I streak it down center of forehead and fan it out. I have always had oily skin but it has matured a bit in my mid 30s. I use this multiple to kind of recreate that sheen I use to get in my T zone when I was younger but its a lot more prettier than that! Gives a good dewy look when you don't want to use stronger blush color.

on 10/21/2012 12:22:00 PM

I was sucked into the Copacabana hype many years ago when Nars was nowhere close to being available in Spain. I bought it on line when cosmetics websites were a few and far from popular. Those were the days of JLoís famous red carpet glow hyped by fashion magazines. The truth is throughout all those years, I touched Copacabana less than five times and most of them just to wander around the house. It wasnít the colour; I knew it was an icy silvery slightly pinkish pearl and knew my NC2-25 complexion could pull it off. I didnít mind the texture; creamy products are my favourite. The rubber packaging didnít even bother me. What was it then? The shimmer, people, it was the shimmer. I might have been younger but younger me still preferred minuscule particles and didnít feel like being a glitter ball. Every time I applied it to my face, I COULD see it, I knew after a few hours, I would be left with glitter specks and nothing else and hated it. My fingers didnít work, the brushes I used (synthetic, animal hair, you name it) didnít cut it and I felt like I had wasted precious money. That was until THE brush came: I got sucked (again) into the hype of Real Techniques, bought the stippling brush and it all changed between Copacabana and me. This little brush achieved what others couldnít: leave the sparkly chunks aside and deposit just beautiful shimmer on my face. It might have been too that finally the top layer of product rubbed off and most the glitter was concentrated there but we will never know.

Now I am not going to lie. Even though I finally got this thing to work, I still prefer any Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector to this. I prefer MAC Strobe Cream or Liquid to this. I am not talking about colour. The illuminator may be bolder or more subtle, it all depends upon application and Copacabana can look subtle. However, the shimmer is still there for me and is a deal breaker. Hey, I donít mind my highlight being teal as long as I canít see the particles but here I can see them. This and its texture, which kind of sits on top of the skin for me, tell me I wonít repurchase, not only because I will never finish it, but also because I feel there are better products out there.

on 10/5/2012 2:41:00 PM

Copacabana is my HG highlighter. It delivers a gorgeous sheen to my cheek bones and always makes me look fresh and dewy in the morning. On my skin, it lasts a solid 8 hours. It never looks fake or too shiny, even when I layer it on for a night out. I can't count the number of compliments I've received on my complexion while wearing this. Despite the steep price, I'll continue to buy Copacabana for years to come.

on 9/10/2012 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is probably the first non-drugstore makeup product I ever bought (this or MAC Viva Glam...). I saw my aunt putting it on one night, and she explained it to me, and I just thought it was so cool. I recall going out to a party one night, not long after high school ended, wearing no makeup aside form this and some lip gloss. It was like I had totally changed - everyone kept saying how great I looked and guys were way flirtier. It was hella weird, because this was only a few months later and nothing else had changed!
I think being fair, using this highlighter really emphasized my features, especially at night, and made my cute, round face much more defined. I've been a huge fan of it ever since and turned countless friends on to it. I've also tried using cheaper highlighters over the years (because, c'mon, there've definitely been times when rent and food have to take precedence), but they've all ended up barely used in a pile somewhere. Everything else is either too thin/watery, too thick and gross-feeling, too SPARKLY, or has some weird cellophane/kaleidoscope color thing going on.
I have and love Orgasm (and, to a far lesser extent, Mustique), but they don't come close to being the staple that Copacabana is. (I only wish it came in a wee travel size, because I take it everywhere!)

on 7/3/2012 7:12:00 AM

This Product really is a Cult Classic of NARS. Soooo cool that you can have eyeshadow, highliter and lipstick in this one stick.Expensive but its worth it!! :D

Top Rated NARS Products