August 29, 2014 | 1848 users online

Mascara - Make Up For Ever - Aqua Smoky Lash - Extra Black

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2012 8:49:00 PM More reviews by tinyvessels

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

my lashes are noticeably longer after applying the first coat.

It isn't *super* black. It's a good everyday mascara if you're looking for a "natural" look. Unfortunately, you can only apply a couple coats before your lashes start becoming spider lashes :(

at the end of the day, it still smudges a little under my eye/in the corner. it's also pretty easy to take off
i like it enough to keep using it, but I wouldn't buy it again for $23.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2012 2:47:00 PM More reviews by candace4125

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is okay, nothing special. The makeup artist at Sephora convinced me to get this mascara over a YSL one I have been wanting.

Pros:
*Lengthens eyelashes
*Does not smear or smudge
*Very black

Cons:
*Makes eyelashes straight, adds no curl
* Very difficult to remove
*Cheap packaging

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2012 11:05:00 AM More reviews by Bobbiegel

I HATE THIS MASCARA! IT TRAVELS DOWN MY LOWER LASHLINE.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2012 1:33:00 AM More reviews by Lankaa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in the waterproof formula in 'extra black'. It flakes. Alot. All day long. It felt dry after only 1-2 applications. Thumbs down.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2012 9:15:00 AM More reviews by galadriel04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Do not like it at all! It clumps my eyelashes really badly! The formula is extremely thick and the wand catches too much product. Too pricy for the quality you get.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2012 3:47:00 PM More reviews by TattooedBeauty90

I've had this mascara for a long time now and it's been my favorite. It's the only mascara that actually holds my curl all day long. Even though it's waterproof (it helps even more). I want to try the regular one and see if it still works the same. Other then that, love this mascara but it's $22! Too expensive for a mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by mellamojane

I wanted to like this mascara, but it was wholly disappointing.

After hearing all the rave reviews on blogs and from YouTube gurus, I paid the whopping $22 for a mascara that is inferior to my $5 L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof in Carbon Black. First, the want itself is fairly light (in weight) compared to most wands so it'll take some getting used to. Second, the formula is extremely dry, so dry that I nearly thought I'd purchased a used mascara. Third, the spoolie is smaller than I'd expected and does little to pump up and volumize lashes. This mascara doesn't give that coveted wide-eyed bombshell look -- more like an everyday mascara that merely darkens lashes. But why pay $22 for merely an everyday mascara? You can to go CVS for that.

I gave the mascara two weeks to impress me, but it never did. But there is one good thing about the mascara: Minimal smudging as the day wears on.

Just as a reference, I have pretty dark average-length, average-thickness lashes that can hold a curl reasonably well and came be built up fairly impressively with the right mascara -- just not this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2012 9:55:00 AM More reviews by Stephxx16

This mascara has everything that I want in a mascara! It volumizes my lashes like crazy, so if you don't like that look I don't recommend this product. The formula of it is dry and here's the only issue with this mascara (other than the price) it seems like the mascara dries up very quickly! Unless it's just my imagination but I think it dries a bit too quickly and then the gunk gets right at the end of the wand (not the bristles)
I would still buy this again because I love the way it makes my lashes look and I have yet to find a drugstore mascara that does the same.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2012 11:22:00 PM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

The only mascara that I've ever tried that can curl my lashes and maintain the curl throughout the day. I have this in waterproof.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2012 1:45:00 AM More reviews by shordeecat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you are afraid of your lashes looking too thick, do not get this. It's super volumizing. My sister used it and hated it because she said it looked clumpy. I love it. My lashes are thin and it definitively gave them a difference.