April 16, 2014 | 1919 users online

Mascara - Make Up For Ever - Aqua Smoky Lash - Extra Black

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2012 11:05:00 AM More reviews by Bobbiegel

I HATE THIS MASCARA! IT TRAVELS DOWN MY LOWER LASHLINE.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2012 1:33:00 AM More reviews by Lankaa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in the waterproof formula in 'extra black'. It flakes. Alot. All day long. It felt dry after only 1-2 applications. Thumbs down.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2012 9:15:00 AM More reviews by galadriel04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Do not like it at all! It clumps my eyelashes really badly! The formula is extremely thick and the wand catches too much product. Too pricy for the quality you get.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2012 3:47:00 PM More reviews by TattooedBeauty90

I've had this mascara for a long time now and it's been my favorite. It's the only mascara that actually holds my curl all day long. Even though it's waterproof (it helps even more). I want to try the regular one and see if it still works the same. Other then that, love this mascara but it's $22! Too expensive for a mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by mellamojane

I wanted to like this mascara, but it was wholly disappointing.

After hearing all the rave reviews on blogs and from YouTube gurus, I paid the whopping $22 for a mascara that is inferior to my $5 L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof in Carbon Black. First, the want itself is fairly light (in weight) compared to most wands so it'll take some getting used to. Second, the formula is extremely dry, so dry that I nearly thought I'd purchased a used mascara. Third, the spoolie is smaller than I'd expected and does little to pump up and volumize lashes. This mascara doesn't give that coveted wide-eyed bombshell look -- more like an everyday mascara that merely darkens lashes. But why pay $22 for merely an everyday mascara? You can to go CVS for that.

I gave the mascara two weeks to impress me, but it never did. But there is one good thing about the mascara: Minimal smudging as the day wears on.

Just as a reference, I have pretty dark average-length, average-thickness lashes that can hold a curl reasonably well and came be built up fairly impressively with the right mascara -- just not this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2012 9:55:00 AM More reviews by Stephxx16

This mascara has everything that I want in a mascara! It volumizes my lashes like crazy, so if you don't like that look I don't recommend this product. The formula of it is dry and here's the only issue with this mascara (other than the price) it seems like the mascara dries up very quickly! Unless it's just my imagination but I think it dries a bit too quickly and then the gunk gets right at the end of the wand (not the bristles)
I would still buy this again because I love the way it makes my lashes look and I have yet to find a drugstore mascara that does the same.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2012 11:22:00 PM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

The only mascara that I've ever tried that can curl my lashes and maintain the curl throughout the day. I have this in waterproof.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2012 1:45:00 AM More reviews by shordeecat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you are afraid of your lashes looking too thick, do not get this. It's super volumizing. My sister used it and hated it because she said it looked clumpy. I love it. My lashes are thin and it definitively gave them a difference.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2011 6:27:00 AM More reviews by Kidlike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I got a mini one as a present during my last purchase from Make up forever because I wasn't sure about buying the full sized one.

I seriously hate this thing! it clumps like crazy and is pretty harsh on your eyelashes. also removing it is a hassle!

the only reason I'm giving it a 1 is because it really is water-proof as promised however I fail to see any other good qualities it has to offer!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2011 7:09:00 PM More reviews by moilala

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the ONLY mascara I have ever hated. I'm a big beliver in second chances and usually think the people with all the bad reviews are snobs.
BUT there's no other way to say it, this mascara was plain BAD. The brush came out clumpy, and it applied very clupily. No matter what I did the very wet formula got all over. It was so bad I wanted to take it off. after an hour long drying time the stuff would NOT COME OFF. Clumpy spidery lashes with mo curl. yooooupi. I actually don't think I can put into words how bad this mascara is. Thanks for wasting my 40$ on this way crappier than drugstore brand. Mabye I'm spoiled on my usual expensive luxuery brands, but mascara that smears all over the place the second you DARE blink, and clumpy spider lashes are not my thing... Have fun with this....