December 28, 2014 | 1486 users online

Lipstick - Wet 'n' Wild - 511B Nouveau Pink

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by dlittlegarden

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This lipstick is pretty decent, especially given the price (.99). The color is a cool hot pink, much like Love Test by Sephora or Schiap by NARS, but I love the feel of this lipstick a lot more, as it's light and lightly moisturizing. Because the formula is so soft, the lipstick does tend to shift during wear -- I am wearing this for first time today, and I slicked this on over a coat of ChapStick and ELF's lip lock pencil. Even with the extra layers of wax beneath (or maybe because of them?) the lipstick started to bunch up in the cracks in my lips after an hour. Upon noticing this, I slicked on a coat of Jordana's LOL gloss in E-123 (which has proven itself versatile and invaluable so far), and that really helped smooth the color out again, and kept it from happening again. The color lasted until lunchtime and stayed pretty well around the outer part of my lips even through lunch, and left a good stain on the parts where the lipstick broken down due to the olive oil in my lunch. I reapplied without the ChapStick or lip lock underneath and the feel on my lips is very nice and not as slippery. I'm not noticing as much movement of the product on my lips.

This is a no brainer bargain!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 4:28:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

This color looked off on me. Too dark / dramatic. I need a lighter bright pink.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 10:36:00 AM More reviews by mecalovesmahdi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Great lip color! Such a pretty pink, it rivals some of my more expensive lipsticks.. love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 8:44:00 PM More reviews by GlitzyGremlin

This is a beautiful bright, neon, cool toned pink that I think would really suit a lot of skin tones. I wore it out to a lunch for the first time yesterday and can't wait to wear it again. The formula is quiet moisturising and for $2 (beautyjoint.com) this is one of my new favorites. Definitely going to repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2012 12:30:00 PM More reviews by ArtsyBre

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love the Wet n Wild Silk Finish Lipsticks! "Noveau Pink" is a stunning cross between a raspberry and hot pink, and I love it.
COLOR DESCRIPTION: When dabbed onto the lips, this gives my lips a medium-toned pop of pink. It's extremely wearable this way. When swiped, it is pretty bright and intense. This is probably the boldest lipstick I own (but I'm not a makeup junkie or lipstick snob, so not sure if that says a lot, haha). It leaves a bright, cool pink--but it's not obviously cool. It's basically a hot pink with a raspberry tone. Based on swatches of Revlon's "Raspberry Pie" I've seen, I would say this is probably very similar to that. I love "Noveau Pink" with my fair skin, I love the beautiful contrast.
FORMULA/CONSISTENCY: It's creamy and moisturizing. It feels like a lip balm on my dry lips.
COLOR PAY-OFF: This is very pigmented, and I feel like the color of this on my lips is super similar to what you see in the tube.
STAYING POWER: Unfortunately, I cannot honestly say I know exactly how long this lasts, but it seems like I can go at least two or three hours (if I'm not eating/drinking much) without having to reapply. Reapplication is no big deal for me since I don't feel like I need a mirror, and it feels so much like a lip balm (in my opinion).
PACKAGING: The packaging is nothing fancy, but I don't mind it at all! It's a silver tube with a clear cap, and it says "Wet n Wild" on the silver part with the shade on the bottom of the tube.
SMELL: I don't notice much of a smell at all.
PRICE/AVAILABILITY: I've seen this lipstick in various stores, but I got mine at Smith's Marketplace for 79 cents. Talk about a bargain!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by beautyprincess303

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love love love love LOVE this lipstick!! I only bought it recently, but have worn it every single day since!! I'm really into bright, neon coloured lipsticks right now and this one completed my collection! Definitely go out and get it right now if you are into bold, neon lipsticks!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2012 11:05:00 PM More reviews by OnlyLex20

This lipstick is really really pink, which I really love. I have four of these, which I got at walmart for just $1!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by franktommyquaker

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was $0.99 at CVS and it is a great value for that price. I wanted a bright stand out pink but I did not want to spend much because its not something I will wear often. I am really impressed with how good it feels on my lips and it is very pigmented. I will have have to try some of the other colors because for the quality this price can not be beat.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2012 5:11:00 PM More reviews by PinkNation

I Don't know what else I can say about this lipstick that hasn't already been said but I think I found my new favorite! I went to walmart yesterday looking to the buy the Revlon Kissable balm stain in "lovesick" but i'm glad I found this instead. First of all, the two colors are very similar to me and the wet n' wild lipstick is only $1 and the revlon KBS is around $7-8!

So, you really can't beat the price of this bad boy and the quality is amazing for the drugstore! (love WnW Eyeshadows, too!)

This lipstick is very pigminted and looks great on my NC25 skin. Goes on smoothly and feels moisturized on the lips. Love! <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Rite Aid has Wet n Wild for BOGO this week so I stocked up on a ton of product from this awesome, low priced brand. I bought every lipstick that I thought I could wear and Nouveau Pink is a standout! I'm pale and cool toned but I can wear bright reds and pinks. This lipstick really brightens up my face and makes me feel happy just wearing it.

I'm also happy that it only cost me a buck...yes...people ONE DOLLAR!!! Actually since it was on sale I got two for $1.50. The fact that Wet n Wild can sell cosmetics for this price just proves what a huge markup there is on department store makeup. I can live with cruddy packaging, no testers and no pesky sales people to hound me while I look. Rite Aid takes returns so if it does not work for me, I can return it.

Wet n Wild lipsticks are smooth and long wearing; the quality is comparable to a high end brand. I used to buy Clinique lipsticks many a moon ago and they never lasted longer than an hour or so on me. These are pigmented so they last a good amount of time, not all day but they give you quite the bang for the buck!

Anybody who walks past the Wet n Wild display without trying their lip gloss, lipsticks, tinted moisturizer, AMAZING blushes, eyeshadow, amazing gel eyeliner or nail polish is missing out on some good stuff. This is not cheapo kiddie makeup people. Wet n Wild makes some outstanding products and sells them for an amazing price. W n W clear nail polish makes one of the BEST top coats I have ever used. Use two coats and you will NOT get chips!

Wet n Wild is the Queen of Drugstore Makeup!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No