January 31, 2015 | 929 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - L'Oreal - Clean Artiste

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Lauraasti

Eh, wasn't for me. Stung my eyes a lot and I had to really rub it on my eyes, and it still didn't get everything off. I found myself using a tissue afterwards to finish what it didn't do. Not bad for spot-fixing with a Q-tip though. The wide mouth of the bottle also allows too much product to come out at once, in my opinion. I finished the bottle and quickly moved on to another brand.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by CatrionaShadowleaf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I finally finished a bottle of this product after a couple years and I need to go find another. It's perfect for spot-fixing with a q-tip and doesn't sting my eyes. It's not moisturising, so it doesn't make my eyelids feel any better, but they don't really feel worse either. It cleans everything off with no troubles. The only problem with it is if it knocks over with the lid loose or off, you pretty much have to go get a new bottle. It has a wide mouth and it'll just start gushing out.

It IS hard to find for some reason. After my misstep with Almay's I'm going to try harder, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Ohh2pretty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The BEST eye makeup remover at ANY price! This stuff removes my stubborn long-wearing Stila eyeliner in just a couple of sweeps of a cotton ball. Believe me, when I say I have tried removers ranging in price from $4.00 to $32.00...This is the BEST hands down. No messy residue, no stinging, rinses clean. I love, love, love it. As a person who uses a lot of liquid liner (winged effect) as well as lining my bottom lid with an Urban Decay kohl liner and tons of mascara nearly everyday- I know what I'm talking about. I gave minus one lippy for the packaging- I like a smaller spout (like on Rimmel) because if you tip this over- its gone. Otherwise, this product will not disappoint.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2013 9:13:00 PM More reviews by MissRiss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This isn't a bad product, it just isn't what I want. I use waterproof mascara and can not seem to find a remover that actually removes all traces of it. I bought this after reading the reviews and even though it's better than the Avon, Maybelline and Neutrogena removers it's not HG. I'm still left with some mascara clinging to my lashes even after rubbing. It removes eye shadow and liner with no problem but I NEED it to remove the mascara. I don't mind having to shake a product to mix the ingredients which you have to do with this. I don't care for the push down and unscrew cap, I feel like I'm opening a medicine bottle. While I won't repurchase I will use up the rest of what I have left.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Banjos

This review is for the Clean Artiste 100% oil-free (blue bottle). This is somewhat better at removing regular mascara than is the Rimmel Oil Free which is a similar price. It does have a floral scent and seems to sting my eyes a little. I find it, as well as the Rimmel, are also good for removing facial makeup, followed up by a toner. Probably will not purchase again although I need more experience with it to be sure. EDIT: Removing a lippie as this continues to burn my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by angiee0215

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I just used up a whole bottle of this and I have two backups already because of how much I love this stuff. I actually use this all over my face because any cleansing oil has broke me out. This is oil free and while it does leave a residue, the residue has never broken me out. What I do is I use one cotton ball for my eyes and then I get another one for my face. It takes off all of my face produces. This is the best makeup remover I have ever used and I plan to keep buying this forever!!! So I hope they never discontinue it or I would seriously be sad
1/28/13: I still use this daily and I am 1/4 the way through my second bottle after a month of daily use. I love this stuff
Update 4/30/2014: Used up another two bottles. This is still HG product. Another comparable product are the maybelline makeup removers in the bottles. However, this one still comes out on top for me. I will go back and forth depending on which ones are on sale though :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2012 5:51:00 AM More reviews by marymclaughlin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have used many mascara removers (that is really what needs special product), and this is absolutely the BEST I have ever used. Had a hard time finding it at CVS, but Walmart carries it all the time. I am done buying expensive eye makeup removers. This is the ONE!!! Not oily but amazingly removes waterproof mascara easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2012 5:00:00 PM More reviews by KelleA1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used this for several years & LOVE it!

To me, it works just a well as Lancome's high dollar eye makeup remover.

And this can be had at darn near any drug store for 6-7 bucks

A no-brainer HG for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 1:08:00 AM More reviews by Rabelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love it! I've tried many different eye makeup removers, including pricy ones and drugstore ones. This one is probably the best I've used. It cleans my eye makeup with ease, I don't even have to rub my eyes. I just wet my cotton rounds, and place them on my eyes for about 15 seconds, and gently wipe off my mascara and eyeliners. Voila! All clean!
I think it cleans better than Neutrogena, Lumene, Boots Botanics, and definitely less greasy. I like Neutrogena one a lot too, but this one smells nice and the packaging is way better. If you like Clinique's eye makeup remover, you'll like this one too, they feel similar to me.
Oh btw, there're 2 formulas of Clean Artiste, make sure you get the green bottle, the blue bottle doesn't work as well on waterproof mascara. Go for green bottle!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by seaswan

It's superb for removing stubborn eye make up my cleanser won't get off, which isn't that often. It is green in color but fragrance free.
I dot my cleanser (Olay Foaming Face Wash, Sensitive) on my face then take C.A. shake it, then apply with cotton ball or pad. Hold it on my eye for a few, don't wipe! it will dissolve your make up.. . I then wet my hands and spread my cleanser all over then splash off. Done! Clean skin and eyes. No residue, stinging. Most important, no wiping and tugging on my eyes.
It can be hard to find in drugstores. I found it first with the Loreal cosmetic display at Walgreens. Now put down that old cold cream Vaseline stuff and go get some..be kind to your eyes.