Maybelline Stylish Smokes in Natural Smokes

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Okay so I'll be totally honest- when it comes to eye shadows I'm a tiny bit of a makeup snob (not that I'm proud of that) but it's literally only when it comes to eye shadows. I always feel like if I'm going to buy an eye shadow, I'm okay with spending a little more if it means great pigmentation and staying power... But I digress.... I bought this quad because it was on clearance for like $3 or something ridiculous like that at Walmart, so I figured if it sucked I wouldn't cry over my $3. To my surprise, this is an awesome product. The colours are pigmented very nicely, rich, they blend great, and make a smokey eye fool proof. The liner colour is my favourite, I like to even use it in my crease for an extra dramatic look. I followed their directions just to see if it would turn out nice and it actually did! Oh how I wish I had this back when I was learning how to do a nice smokey eye! It's wonderful for beginners! I don't think it's a lot of money even at regular price, so you should definitely try this one out!

on 10/15/2013 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I haven't bought Maybelline eyeshadows in years. I wore them in my teen years because that's all I could afford then and I hadn't ventured into the world of high end brands.
I took advantage of a promotion and decided to get this quad set based on the reviews here and I'm glad I did.
I think Maybelline has stepped up its game and I love the look of these eyeshadows. The texture isn't quite up there with MAC, UD or the other brands known for the dense pigment but it's reasonable. Having said that, a good eye primer is necessary for these shadows to last the day. Otherwise they may end up looking slightly powdery. (hence the four lippies)

The Natural Smokes quad is just that; a naturally smokey eye look that's perfect for the day. Of course you can always add more for a night look.

I'm very pleasantly surprised by these shadows. Now if Maybelline could improve their mascaras.

on 9/30/2013 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've had this for awhile and it is such a great kit. I do wish that they had kept all the colors the same size and the most used shades in this are tiny....so silly. But anyhow, this is such a great neutral palette but instead of using the taupe lid shade in this I use the Maybelline single in tastefully taupe which is very pigmented and fabulous! The taupe included in the palette isn't super pigmented but does work in a pinch if you use a few coats. When I run out of this I will rebuy for it's one of my most used items.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I use this quad every time I wear makeup because the darkest shade is perfect for my eyebrows! The lightest shade is great for all over the lids for minimal makeup & I use the darker shades if I want a smokey eye. I think they've re packaged it since I bought mine, but it's a great natural smokey palette.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I love this quad, I absolutley love the lid color. I've HEARD its a dupe for satin taupe from Mac. It's a gorgeous color. Anyways, when used properly it creates a beautiful smokey eye. Doesn't crease throughout the day when i put it over my NYX jumbo eye pencil in milk.LOVE LOVE LOVE

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I really really like this quad actually. I wear it quite a bit, especially the "lid" color...the shimmery cool brown, which btw def needs a base or prepare for falling shimmer all over your under eye and cheek area. It's an easy go to for me. Is this spectacular? Well...no....but it's pretty dang good, especially for a low end item. Browns like these are always flattering for my blue eyes. The lid color is the star of this quad, the others are just less special but still nice enough / adequate.

on 11/4/2012 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

As a disclaimer: over the years I have become a bit of a HE snob..I blame it on MUA haha. But in reality, the feeling of finding an amazing DS find is better than finding an amazing HE find to me. Sadly, that feeling is few and far between for me. I have had really bad luck with DS eyeshadows, and this is no exception. I bought this because a Youtube guru used it in her daily makeup look and it looked lovely on her. The eyeshadows appear to be absolutely gorgeous chocolates. However, once applied the pigmentation just flat out sucks. I was really unhappy about it. I tried packing it on but still the pigmentation was lacking. I just bought the Too Faced natural at Night palette and the pigmentation of those eyeshadows are amazing compared to the Maybelline quad.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

All the colors are wearable, the base color and liner color are matte and the crease and lid color have a sheen to them but still natural enough for work. This quad is really good for all skin tones, the intensity is fine alone but when used wet it is like no other- super pigmented and long lasting

on 7/14/2012 12:23:00 AM

Overall, I really like the colours in this quad. I get the most use out of the shimmery taupe lid colour and the dark brown liner colour, which I use on my lower lash line. I unfortunately have the new design for the quad, where the lid and crease colour are puny, which is annoying because the white colour is so big and its useless. It's chalky with no pigmentation.

Overall I love the colours, but I'll be on the look out for more quality colours.

on 7/11/2012 3:13:00 PM

I have used this quad almost daily because I love the colors but they aren't very pigmented :( I have to layer them quite a bit to get the colors to show. The consistency is great though and I love the price and how it makes my dark grey/blue eyes pop!! I'll probably continue to use and buy this product because I haven't found another affordable quad with these colors.